TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Should Venezuelan refugees be allowed to live in T&T?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Should Venezuelan refugees be allowed to live in T&T?

Yes
47%
No
53%

Total votes: 191

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Should Venezuelan refugees be allowed to live in T&T?

Postby timelapse » August 18th, 2022, 9:25 pm

88sins wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:Colombian vs Venezuelan? Which side are you on?

Trini first. If i hadda chose a foreigner as gf/wife material, then i would prefer a nice traditional Chinese or Japanese girl over either of your options.

To hell with both of those options you propose. Kinda like asking people to choose between rubbish and garbage, no matter which of those two you choose, you gonna end up in problems. They have ZERO LOYALTY, and will disappear as soon as they can get another man have more money and is more of a simp, or you in a slight drought and funds run low, taking as much of whatever you have with them on their way out.

Take what I telling you.
Unless you enjoy headaches and problems, NEVER connect yourself to a person that comes from a culture where the women have no compunction engaging in prostitution and even the parents promote their girl children into that kinda thing.
A fool and his gold are soon parted.Also, don't take on the resident crazies.Everyday is opposite day for the various personas of Red vevo/desifemlove/superiorman

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » August 18th, 2022, 9:41 pm

UNC leader calling for Venezuelan Children to be let into schools!!

https://newsday.co.tt/2022/08/18/kamla- ... c-schools/

Kamla: Let migrant children go to public schools

WEEKS before the new school term is expected to be reopened, Opposition Leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar is making an appeal for migrant children to get spaces in public schools.

From the platform of the UNC virtual report on Monday night, Persad-Bissessar said every child had the right to an education.

She said TT nationals who migrate expect to be enrolled in schools in the country of their destination. The same courtesy should be extended to migrant children, especially those who have come here from Venezuela.

“You accepted them, gave them license to stay in TT,” she said in a direct message to the Prime Minister.

“It is about time we allow these children to enter our public school system to get an education.

“I am calling on the Government to let Venezuelan children go to school.”

She argued that that it is not their fault they have ended up in this country as their parents and guardians have fled the troubled country of their birth to seek a better life.

“They are not criminals. When our people go abroad, what happens? They get to go to school in the US, UK. We should do the same.

“We should allow these children fleeing Maduro (Venezuela President Nicolas Maduro) to get an education. I am extending it to say any migrant child, not just Venezuelans.

“Any migrant child in TT, no matter nationality, should be allowed to enter kindergarten, primary, secondary school come September when schools reopen.

Read the rest @Newsday

We need to follow Kamla on this one. 100% percent agree with this
Last edited by paid_influencer on August 18th, 2022, 9:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » August 18th, 2022, 9:42 pm

88sins wrote:

Trini first. If i hadda chose a foreigner as gf/wife material, then i would prefer a nice traditional Chinese or Japanese girl over either of your options.

To hell with both of those options you propose. Kinda like asking people to choose between rubbish and garbage, no matter which of those two you choose, you gonna end up in problems. They have ZERO LOYALTY, and will disappear as soon as they can get another man have more money and is more of a simp, or you in a slight drought and funds run low, taking as much of whatever you have with them on their way out.

Take what I telling you.
Unless you enjoy headaches and problems, NEVER connect yourself to a person that comes from a culture where the women have no compunction engaging in prostitution and even the parents promote their girl children into that kinda thing.

Truth

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » August 19th, 2022, 6:12 am

paid_influencer wrote:UNC leader calling for Venezuelan Children to be let into schools!!

WEEKS before the new school term is expected to be reopened, Opposition Leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar is making an appeal for migrant children to get spaces in public schools.

From the platform of the UNC virtual report on Monday night, Persad-Bissessar said every child had the right to an education.

She said TT nationals who migrate expect to be enrolled in schools in the country of their destination. The same courtesy should be extended to migrant children, especially those who have come here from Venezuela.

“You accepted them, gave them license to stay in TT,” she said in a direct message to the Prime Minister.

“It is about time we allow these children to enter our public school system to get an education.

She argued that that it is not their fault they have ended up in this country as their parents and guardians have fled the troubled country of their birth to seek a better life.

“They are not criminals. When our people go abroad, what happens? They get to go to school in the US, UK. We should do the same.

“We should allow these children fleeing Maduro (Venezuela President Nicolas Maduro) to get an education. I am extending it to say any migrant child, not just Venezuelans.

“Any migrant child in TT, no matter nationality, should be allowed to enter kindergarten, primary, secondary school come September when schools reopen.

Read the rest @Newsday

Yes.Ler them go to school.In Venezuela!
Thats the only vote Kamla will get.Desperate illegal foreigners.Like Ramdial,she needs to know when to give up

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » August 19th, 2022, 7:22 am

paid_influencer wrote:UNC leader calling for Venezuelan Children to be let into schools!!

Read the rest @Newsday

Ok, cool, gtk your position on that.
Now, for the serious Q&A. I'll bring the Q's, you provide the A's.

Since you going by the title of paid influencer, are we to surmise that is you alone paying for the costs associated with this? I nominate you and you alone to pay for that, since you so like the idea.
Where we gonna place them? Parents face enough difficulty already to get local kids in schools, with non national kids taking up spaces whose children you plan to deprive of an education? All the kids you related to?
Why should citizen taxpayers have to pay to educate the children of non nationals that pay no taxes and have no loyalty to this country, persons who are going to leave this country as soon as they can? Why should taxpayers be expected to bear the cost without even the promise of a long term benefit for doing this?
You think the child of a trini illegal alien in Venezuela can just go school in that country? Said child AND their guardian gonna be made to live a hell like you can't imagine. So why entertain that nonsense here when there is no reciprocity?

They want their kids to go to school? No problem. It have schools in Venezuela. Send them there.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » August 19th, 2022, 10:23 am

Why the beat up ?

Venezuelans are extremely resource peeps . They will succeed .
Hence the reason they have left Venezuela :D

They will find a way to educate their children and succeed .

Churches have intervened and the UN is financing and seeking solutions .
Most parents have taken their children to private institutions and they excel as per a previous
post . Again the Venezuelan women seek out the 1% and other responsible peeps and have comfortable lives.

They love Mookesh :lol:

So no beat up :D

Will post again the success of the Venezuelans in schools as did previously .

For those who believe that to punish children in a most cruel way is to deny them an education is history and nothing new. Slave Masters and Colonial Leaders have done it . But ironically it's only specific sectors in T&T see formal education as a necessity .

They see their children working and bringing in an income rather than going to school. Why should Venezuelans go to a T&T public school where there is violence and mayhem and rape and other atrocities ? Many have saved for private as a normal way of life . Similar to Indo, Chinese, Syrians immigrants . Again no beat up !

So it's the Venezuelans parents responsibility to fight for their kids by working and having a strong family unit.

Venezuelans do not give up - they have a culture of focus , strength and success.

Unlike the sad state of youths of T&T with parents who run and hide :D

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » August 19th, 2022, 10:34 am

Both are beautiful and excellent people :D

Venezuelans - the perfect choice for the 1% and the rich T&T hombre :D

Poor man and/or sufferer need NOT apply ! :wink:

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » August 19th, 2022, 10:37 am

Wouldn't it be because they couldn't make it in Venezuela so they decided to come here. Only locusts ruin where they were before to move to another place to ruin it.

I have spoken many times that the Venezuelan government and people owe us the pound of flesh. For piracy and murder. Those sins are never forgotten or forgiven. You support them, you support the crimes. And kudos to the trinis who are claiming the pound of flesh.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » August 19th, 2022, 11:08 am

matr1x wrote:Wouldn't it be because they couldn't make it in Venezuela so they decided to come here. Only locusts ruin where they were before to move to another place to ruin it.

I have spoken many times that the Venezuelan government and people owe us the pound of flesh. For piracy and murder. Those sins are never forgotten or forgiven. You support them, you support the crimes. And kudos to the trinis who are claiming the pound of flesh.

Venezuelans can make it a success anywhere - T&T, EU and US :D

Would you deny that they are successful in T&T ?

It seems it's YOU that's having problems and issues :wink: Just seek professional assistance . No shame !

It's a DNA issue - ask Mommy to abduct a nice sada making Indo in your village and relax :lol:

Or ask her if your padre hiding in Barataria and why she gave him ZERO LOYALTY when funds low :D

Is she a Japanese girl per chance ? LMAO :wink:

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » August 19th, 2022, 11:27 am

RedVEVO like you eh find a man yet. I tell you, you looking in the wrong place.

In any regard, I invite you to try answering the questions as well. I doubt you can tho, since over the years you've proven that your head has no more use other than a hat rack, and that you would prefer to keep the vacuous void between your ears exactly as is.

But give it a try nah.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » August 19th, 2022, 11:29 am

timelapse wrote:
88sins wrote:

Take what I telling you.
A fool and his gold are soon parted.Also, don't take on the resident crazies.Everyday is opposite day for the various personas of Red vevo/desifemlove/superiorman

SadHGuru says to you today :

"The aim is to unshackle yourself from the limited identity you have forged, as a result of your own ignorance, and live the way the Creator made you—utterly blissful and infinitely responsible."

Send him some $$$ and all your wishes will be realized in one second .
ALL your dreams and desires for YOUR Venezuelan neighbors will come forth :wink:

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » August 19th, 2022, 1:14 pm

Love this thread!

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » August 19th, 2022, 1:50 pm

Aa long as pressure is put on them, the venes will break

mero

Postby mero » August 19th, 2022, 2:03 pm

I agree with Kamla. Every child does have a RIGHT to an education.

Whats gonna happen 10- 15 years from now to those that don't? They are/will be the same age with most of our own kids. Thousands of next gen uneducated venez gonna be worse off than what we could even imagine now and they gonna fall right into the poor local gang culture. That's everyone's problem.

Cant just hope they go back Venezuela or die which seems to be the hope here on 2nr. Trinidad will be their homes whether we like it or not.

The problem is how these schools can accommodate them, is done catch ass for many locals to get in schools esp of their choice. So it's either we expand, build more schools that can accommodate or design a system prob shift based. Or they go the old East Indian Hindu way and come together and start the whole cow shed schooling system all over again after facing persecution by us trinis.

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » August 19th, 2022, 2:29 pm

Read the rest @Newsday

Not a kamla fan but I agree

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 19th, 2022, 2:42 pm

j.o.e wrote:

Read the rest @Newsday

Not a kamla fan but I agree
So migrants gonna benefit from free education off my tax dollars....that's what we encouraging here? When it reaches the point where locals can't get their kids in schools due to the influx of migrant children, who takes precedence, the locals or migrants?

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » August 19th, 2022, 3:06 pm

I agree with Kamla.

But she still isn’t getting my vote.

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » August 19th, 2022, 3:15 pm

I don't agree with her. And she isn't getting my vote.

Trinidadians are being bullied into compromise where these "people" have entered illegally and are expected to sit there and take it. I mean where is you pride?????

You cannot look into your children's eyes and say, that you are OK with compromised future with them. I am doing my part. Driving them out is a responsibility of trinis. Not a choice.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » August 19th, 2022, 3:19 pm

If only we had a leader like Mayra Flores.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » August 19th, 2022, 5:22 pm

It have people with agendas in this country, that wished this country belonged to venezuela.

Poor dumb bastards eh realized, if that was the situation, here would have been just as bad a shithole as there is.

MDtuner70
Sweet on this forum

Postby MDtuner70 » August 19th, 2022, 5:43 pm

MaxPower wrote:Love this thread!

But the thread don't like you....same situation with them Venez you running down..... piñata wap wap wap

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » August 19th, 2022, 5:46 pm

I hear meh name call, so I have to reply. But let me remind folks that this call to educate all children in our borders is nothing new that I or Kamla made up...

Trinidad & Tobago is a signatory to the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child. The document dates back to 1959. It is not new.

Article 2,

Article 2

1. States Parties shall respect and ensure the rights set forth in the present Convention to each child within their jurisdiction without discrimination of any kind, irrespective of the child's or his or her parent's or legal guardian's race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national, ethnic or social origin, property, disability, birth or other status.

and Article 28,

Article 28

1. States Parties recognize the right of the child to education, and with a view to achieving this right progressively and on the basis of equal opportunity, they shall, in particular:

(a) Make primary education compulsory and available free to all;

As Kamla pointed out, when our people go away to the US and UK, our kids can enroll in public schools regardless of their immigration status.

From the US Government's Department of Education,

All children in the United States are entitled to equal access to a public elementary and secondary education, regardless of their or their parents’ actual or perceived national origin, citizenship, or immigration status. This includes recently arrived unaccompanied children, who are in immigration proceedings while residing in local communities with a parent, family member, or other appropriate adult sponsor.

I looked further into this and came across a US Supreme Court ruling that enforced the obligation in the US, Plyler_v._Doe.

Now I want people to read the highlighted part and understand this is not just about us being nice and humanitarian, but it is also for our own benefit.

The majority found that the Texas law was "directed against children, and impose[d] its discriminatory burden on the basis of a legal characteristic over which children can have little control".[8] The majority also observed that denying the children in question a proper education would likely contribute to "the creation and perpetuation of a subclass of illiterates within our boundaries, surely adding to the problems and costs of unemployment, welfare, and crime".[9] The majority did not find that any substantial state interest would be advanced by discrimination on that basis and so struck down the Texas law.

see that part, about creating a subclass of illiterates within our boundaries? If we continue how we are going, that is what will happen.

Lemme put it another way. Back in 1959, from all reports, places like Lavantille and Morvant were middle-class, respectable neighborhoods. They were richer and far more prosperous than places like Penal and Debe were at the time.

What happened to change that culture? What brought about the decline? You listen to Zoom and he will tell you all the black caribbean immigrants came and that was that. But look at Grenada-- look at those countries where they came from-- they don't have those social problems. Those problems were created here, in Trinidad.

People without education and without opportunity turn to crime, turn to drugs and prostitution, whatever can make the money come in. And those social ills spread beyond the original subgroup and corrupt the entire area.

Now we have another generation of migrants, this time in Debe and Penal and Siparia. What going to happen to those areas if we do the same thing? We have the chance now to bring these people into our society, make them productive members that can and will contribute to the building of the country. They will be here anyway. It is your choice what kind of future you want for Debe, Penal and Siparia.

Kamla knows what she is doing and didn't come about this position by vaps.

Let the children go to school, for God's sake, it is the right thing to do.
Last edited by paid_influencer on August 19th, 2022, 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » August 19th, 2022, 6:04 pm

We can barely support our own population, what makes you think we can support 300k more Venezuelans coming here. Once you allow them in schools, more will come. Every system here is burdened, I think a lot of you don’t live in a realistic world and see what’s going on in this country. ‘Keyboard warriors’ you’re called.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » August 19th, 2022, 6:09 pm

I just came off a tiring as hell work day in the "real world" to type that wall of text. I assure you that I am not a 'keyboard warrior'

We don't have to support 300k venezuelan children. The number is probably quite small. What bothers me is seeing Venezuelan children on the street corner begging and knowing we not providing anything for them and letting the devil take the hindmost.
Last edited by paid_influencer on August 19th, 2022, 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 19th, 2022, 6:09 pm

I would like to know if the same ppl who clamoring for the Venezuelans to join the school population would you be willing to pay more taxes, so we can create more schools, facilitate additional children on the school feeding programme, facilitate more school transportation for such and allocate more textbooks for them because their parents surely can't supply such. I sure the answer is no....

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » August 19th, 2022, 6:11 pm

hover11 wrote:I would like to know if the same ppl who clamoring for the Venezuelans to join the school population would you be willing to pay more taxes, so we can create more schools, facilitate additional children on the school feeding programme, facilitate more school transportation for such. I sure the answer is no....

We have spent more for worse

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » August 19th, 2022, 6:33 pm

paid_influencer wrote:
hover11 wrote:I would like to know if the same ppl who clamoring for the Venezuelans to join the school population would you be willing to pay more taxes, so we can create more schools, facilitate additional children on the school feeding programme, facilitate more school transportation for such. I sure the answer is no....

We have spent more for worse

Well that's a stupid argument.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » August 19th, 2022, 8:41 pm

MaxPower wrote:Love this thread!

Same here my brother :D

The reality is that Venezuelans here to stay and they are succeeding like a bullet train .
And they integrate so marvelous ! Not ALL but the majority .

Visited T&T some time back saw some Venezuelans in the Mall and without a doubt
gave assistance as in food and cash - this is normal civilized that we ALL grew up on - but
many peeps throw a fit cause life throws you a curve and you become nasty and hard and frustrated
and the wife leave you and you have to live in Barataria - LMAO :lol:

But as you approach these beautiful Venezuelan people their eyes are bright with hope and thanks .

However ALL around OTHER T&T peep were contributing handsomely ! An indian guy gave $200 then - OMG an African guy brought the family a case of water - ok ok so it's 6 cases for $100 - but it was so much appreciated. There was Church's Chicken - Gave a bunch of cheese burgers and orange juice and $300 to out bid the other guy ! Just a wonderful day !

Again the majority integrate and love the Venezuelans and you cannot take that away !

Beautiful moments - Life is fantastic - not for ALL but the majority of Venezuelans.

Or and they laugh like Santana loud and crazy and happy ! Oh my cousin has a beauty saloon and it's flooded with Venezuelans who spend with ease $600 - $1500 for beauty treatments etc. Their 1% men money ! But WOW !!

SadHguru says :

“The most beautiful moments in life are moments when you are expressing your joy, not when you are seeking it.” ...

“If you resist change, you resist life.” ...

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » August 19th, 2022, 9:44 pm

The issue is the Venezuelans are bringing drugs and ammunition and using that money to build their life here.

The employers of the venes should all be hung on Woodford square as traitors to the republic.

May crime find the venes

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » August 19th, 2022, 10:00 pm

matr1x wrote:The issue is the Venezuelans are bringing drugs and ammunition and using that money to build their life here.

The employers of the venes should all be hung on Woodford square as traitors to the republic.

May crime find the venes

Who asking them to bring it in T&T ?
Find those people .
Are these people Venezuelans ?

Meanwhile the Venezuelans building a life and YOU still wetting the bed :D
Any update status on finding a mate ?

Sadhguru says:

"When you are able to create yourself the way you want, you can craft your Destiny the way you want as well."

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”