TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Acceptable lifespan for average car battery!

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Re: Acceptable lifespan for average car battery!

Postby Dave » March 24th, 2023, 1:31 pm

Trunk mount?
rollingstock wrote:Have a pricesmart Eveready approaching 4 years. Was supposed to be a temporary fix till the dealer got the Optima yellowtop in stock.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » March 24th, 2023, 1:32 pm

They selling a battery charger/reconditioner in PriceSmart. Gonna pick up one and maintain my battery see how long it lasts. Probably just need a distilled water top up and recondition every 6 months.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » March 24th, 2023, 3:12 pm

maj. tom wrote:They selling a battery charger/reconditioner in PriceSmart. Gonna pick up one and maintain my battery see how long it lasts. Probably just need a distilled water top up and recondition every 6 months.

i had one but hesitated to use it when my last battery went dead as the car is parked in the road far from AC outlets - but only a week after when i read the manual i realized u cud take it out and charge it but by then it was too late- it was only trying to recondition when i tried charging it.

Skillys
Street 2NR

Postby Skillys » March 24th, 2023, 4:07 pm

redmanjp wrote:tested the voltage of a new battery (Mutlu is the name, never heard of it before) this morning - it was 12.9V. does that mean its overcharged as a full charge is usually 12.6V?
Have the Mutlu as well in two cars great starting power. Two years warranty.

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » March 25th, 2023, 2:40 pm

Dave wrote:Trunk mount?
rollingstock wrote:Have a pricesmart Eveready approaching 4 years. Was supposed to be a temporary fix till the dealer got the Optima yellowtop in stock.

Engine bay. Not even clamped. It just sitting there. And I have a fair amount of music in the vehicle. I think that battery saw one of my payslips

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”