Forums

Drivers permit renewal

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Drivers permit renewal

Postby redmanjp » December 7th, 2022, 3:20 pm

lol. well if u over 60 yuh cud still come een.

RJ
Riding on 13's

Postby RJ » December 29th, 2022, 6:34 pm

Anybody can confirm that only a Utility Bill in your name is required for change of address on drivers permit? Any other docs needed?

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » December 29th, 2022, 7:14 pm

RENEWAL OF DRIVERS PERMITS[https://www]

APPLICATION UNDER SIXTY-FIVE (65) YEARS OLD

Applicants who are under the age of sixty–five and wish to apply for the renewal of a Driver’s Permit for a five (5) year period must produce the following: 

A completed Application Form No. 4

A valid proof of address a utility bill no older than three (3) months  or a copy of the Lease/Rental Unit Agreement). The accepted forms demonstrating proof of address include a cable bill, home internet bill, electricity bill (T&TEC), OR water bill (WASA). If a customer does not have a utility bill in their name, he or she is required to produce a letter of authorization from the owner and a copy of their national identification card. 

A current Driver’s Permit

A completed Form No. 12 “Medical test for Driver’s Permit” when the applicant possesses any of the following Classes: 2, 4, 5, 6 and 7

A Taxi Driver’s Badge and License – (if applicable)

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » December 29th, 2022, 7:16 pm

RJ wrote:Anybody can confirm that only a Utility Bill in your name is required for change of address on drivers permit? Any other docs needed?
Refer to the site and docs required.

Any extensions given past Jan 1st for expired permits?

This appointment system is a total waste. In front LO full of people in the sun, one minute they want to see the appointment printed, next minute you can show them it on your mobile device.

Has one person verifying docs in front. Any lil typo or mistake or anything they find they can't understand, new appointment. And the person verifying don't pick up on this.

Next is the manner which the site is organised. You can apparently click on a wrong appointment option and get one. If you have a valid dp you can still accidentally make an appointment for a learner's. All this database police constantly stopping you and taking info, all this info they have and you mean to tell me they can't build a site that prevents you from selecting the wrong option?

This appointment system is designed to distress people to the point where they will welcome traditional methods so they can involve themselves in bobol. Don't get me started on parking.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » December 29th, 2022, 7:17 pm

RJ wrote:Anybody can confirm that only a Utility Bill in your name is required for change of address on drivers permit? Any other docs needed?

d stupid system at LO will find something to give u problems

unless u went searching for this info when u applying for online appointment d forms & somebody can correct me if i wrong but d paper forms too does not have these details
https://www.mowt.gov.tt/Other-Pages/PBR ... ng-Service

2.5hrs wait even though u have an appointment to be told 1st time ever in any situation only at LO i got turned away because d utility bills HAVE to be in ur name or u have to get a photocopy of DL & ID card given written authorization of proof of d owner of that address that u living in that address even if its in ur parents or siblings name & u living there ur whole life

they even said if d person name on d bill is dead for how long they want u to bring a death certificate - dunno WTF dat go prove but they say they will use it as proof ..... i guess u cud be living abroad at d northpole by santa but once u get written authorization from whoever property u want to put as ur living address dat might work

they made pensioner relatives of mine go back home for bills cause d 1s they took up were 6mths old - LO wants a recent bill even though they living at d same address for over 30 yrs

rel banana republic ...

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » December 29th, 2022, 7:32 pm

i now see nerve posted 1 minute b4 me , all what he said is true, get everything perfect d 1st time or they will reject u for some simple sh1t & make u reapply back online which i then found out trying that u cant do without calling & explaining why u need a new date & they will reset d online system to allow u to create a new appointment date, it happened with my worker too

or in a few days time u cant drive any car cause ur license will then be expired ... rel 4kery ... :rant: ... :x

AlphaMan
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby AlphaMan » December 29th, 2022, 7:36 pm

Went to renew my DP Yesterday in Sando license office..
Appointment was for 11:00 am.
Reach the cashier 1:00 pm
Take Photo 3:20 pm
Got through with everything at 4 pm..
It was the worst experience ever..
Apparently the staff sent everyone with appointments on Friday home so there was a clash between Friday appointments and yesterday..
Lots of persons got turned away because of signatures not matching the ones who have a utility bill on another person's name..
Real cussing and thing..
If you have to renew i suggest to wait for next year mid January when things settle..

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » December 29th, 2022, 7:41 pm

Yes, but the extension expires Jan 1st.

Soooo......

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » December 29th, 2022, 7:47 pm

if u living near caroni & looking to book an appointment try it & u will see next available date is d 3rd wk of jan so either u eh drive or try for any earlier booking at 1 of d other LO locations

seems like we need another mth or 2 to get everybody DP a chance to get updated cause of d back log & slow service ...

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » December 29th, 2022, 8:03 pm

I gt with mine last week in Princes Town

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » December 29th, 2022, 8:58 pm

I end up getting some query appointment at caroni at the 3rd Jan.

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » December 29th, 2022, 10:04 pm

So glad I dont have to fight up with this nonsense

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » December 29th, 2022, 10:09 pm

Had my appointment yesterday at Caroni. I got chainup from hearing how quickly the appointment based renewals go, so I got antsy waiting to see my code flash on the screens. Took about 40 minutes for that, and then everything else went quickly. Probably took 50 minutes total.

What I don't agree with is how high they positioned the camera for the picture (looks like a mugshot), as well as the electronic signature's writing surface. I have a teenaged Wacom tablet that feels silky smooth to write with, as opposed to the bumpy scratchy hard plastic in the LO.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » December 30th, 2022, 7:21 am

Did a walk in taxi badge renewal at Caroni yesterday afternoon, arrived minutes to 2 was out before 4, cashier sign says it closes promptly at 3:15 but they accommodated everyone in the line which was probably till 3:40. They also worked past 4pm issuing permits. Pleasant staff and service

Mercenary
Riding on 18's

Postby Mercenary » December 30th, 2022, 10:07 am

eliteauto wrote:Did a walk in taxi badge renewal at Caroni yesterday afternoon, arrived minutes to 2 was out before 4, cashier sign says it closes promptly at 3:15 but they accommodated everyone in the line which was probably till 3:40. They also worked past 4pm issuing permits. Pleasant staff and service

that real good.

You think its possible to renew class 4 permit and taxi badge same day?

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » December 30th, 2022, 10:27 am

Mercenary wrote:
eliteauto wrote:Did a walk in taxi badge renewal at Caroni yesterday afternoon, arrived minutes to 2 was out before 4, cashier sign says it closes promptly at 3:15 but they accommodated everyone in the line which was probably till 3:40. They also worked past 4pm issuing permits. Pleasant staff and service

that real good.

You think its possible to renew class 4 permit and taxi badge same day?
Once ALL your documents in order, yes
As in: get your recent bill and/or authorization letters and IDs, Medical sorted out before, and COC
You will GT one time

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » December 30th, 2022, 10:29 am

^^Yup once you have all the required docs you'll GT

AlphaMan
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby AlphaMan » December 30th, 2022, 11:44 am

Workers in Sando License office say they fed up.
Boss watching when they reach late but not when they leaving late... :shock: :evil: :?

Mercenary
Riding on 18's

Postby Mercenary » December 30th, 2022, 12:30 pm

niceness....I remember when I had apply for maxi taxi operators permit and the next day I got a call saying to come for it. right caroni.

AlphaMan
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby AlphaMan » January 2nd, 2023, 5:18 pm

nervewrecker wrote:Yes, but the extension expires Jan 1st.

Soooo......

Looks like no more extensions...
Tickets sharing for the new year..
Money have to make somehow.

unimatrix-001
Street 2NR

Postby unimatrix-001 » January 2nd, 2023, 7:23 pm

Rovin wrote:...at LO i got turned away because d utility bills HAVE to be in ur name or u have to get a photocopy of DL & ID card given written authorization of proof of d owner of that address that u living in that address...

Anyone have a template of a Letter of Authorization that was accepted? Does it just need to authorize the use of the address? Or the utility bill specifically? Do you need to include a copy of both the DL and ID card of the owner of the utility bill? What if the owner doesnt have a DL?

https://www.mowt.gov.tt/Other-Pages/PBR-Minutes-of-Meeting/Accepted-Utility-Bills-to-Access-Licensing-Service wrote:The owner of the home must confirm the use of the address and state the relationship to the individual. A copy of a form of national identification of the owner of the residence must also accompany the letter.

Website saying just need address and a (singular) form of ID...but yuh know dey does like tuh benn yuh

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » January 2nd, 2023, 7:35 pm

A simple letter works

(Date)

I, (name) (id card/DL) of (address) hereby grant permission to (name) (ID card/DL) of (address) to use my utility bill as proof off address.

(Place to sign)

Its really that simple.
Just make sure the signature matches the ID provided and that its a recent bill.

AlphaMan
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby AlphaMan » January 2nd, 2023, 8:27 pm

*KRONIK* wrote:A simple letter works

(Date)

I, (name) (id card/DL) of (address) hereby grant permission to (name) (ID card/DL) of (address) to use my utility bill as proof off address.

(Place to sign)

Its really that simple.
Just make sure the signature matches the ID provided and that its a recent bill.

This will work just make sure the signature matches on the letter and the person's ID that you have.
Last Wednesday I saw lots get turned away because of this.

unimatrix-001
Street 2NR

Postby unimatrix-001 » January 2nd, 2023, 9:32 pm

Much thanks for the info!

AlphaMan
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby AlphaMan » January 3rd, 2023, 2:27 pm

Transport Commission Clive Clarke says those with expired drivers permits MAY get a few more weeks to get their renewals done. :roll:
https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/transport-commissioner-no-licensing-exercises-yet-6.2.1601093.8873a3ed4d

RJ
Riding on 13's

Postby RJ » January 4th, 2023, 8:13 pm

Update: Total rejection at Princes Town LO. Everyone turned away 30/12/2022. Told to come back this week without new appointment.

Wanted to update address on permit to facilitate vehicle transfer. Got tru today approximately after 2.5 hrs. They had MOWT/LO buses to assist but still didn't help based on number of people that I saw.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » January 4th, 2023, 9:51 pm

2023 and Trinidad still can’t pay online and change an address or information on your vehicle, what a prehistoric stupid a55 Island with backwards colonial systems. :roll:

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » January 5th, 2023, 10:47 am

Ben_spanna wrote:2023 and Trinidad still can’t pay online and change an address or information on your vehicle, what a prehistoric stupid a55 Island with backwards colonial systems. :roll:
You got what people vote for

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » January 5th, 2023, 6:36 pm

I had an appointment and the place was closed. Gotta love this place.

Worked ten years in the public service so I know public servants mentality. I booked the last appointment for the day and just relax. When is home time they does move with pace.

Didn't watch anything, didn't fuss, didn't question anything. Busy movements. That's their way of saying GTFO

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » January 5th, 2023, 7:24 pm

Ben_spanna wrote:2023 and Trinidad still can’t pay online and change an address or information on your vehicle, what a prehistoric stupid a55 Island with backwards colonial systems. :roll:

Ben,

This is what we have to deal with but Unfortunately, because of the mentality and culture of the general public, this is how citizens are treated.

Public servants reaching to work late with NO sense of urgency when they arrive because it’s then they look to have breakfast and keekeekaka with their lackadaisical co workers while taxpayers wait like the fools they themselves are.

We need the automation improved to avoid this disgusting public service.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”