TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Would You Rather Hustle Or Education?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

philliprock
3NE 2NR for life

Re: would you rather hustle or education?

Postby philliprock » March 13th, 2018, 11:01 pm

GameOver wrote:. At 35 I got my degree. Got my masters 2 Years later. At 40 I now have a job paying over 30k. Obviously not the all the details but I believe education AND the mentality to succeed is the real key. I am now very ready to re-enter the world of hustle to compliment my current income. Hopefully I can be more successful. My advice is do both... good luck op

great story gameover, my question is how old where you when you re did you cxc subjects?
how much did you do in a year? 3-2-1?

the mentality to succeed is the real key. - you said, i dont think im serious, what was your moment you had to become dead serious in your academic career?
the thing is, i re did mines, math, (failed 2x) social studies failed, and i passed english, after i just gave up :|

GameOver
3NE 2NR for life

Postby GameOver » March 14th, 2018, 1:52 am

philliprock wrote:
GameOver wrote:. At 35 I got my degree. Got my masters 2 Years later. At 40 I now have a job paying over 30k. Obviously not the all the details but I believe education AND the mentality to succeed is the real key. I am now very ready to re-enter the world of hustle to compliment my current income. Hopefully I can be more successful. My advice is do both... good luck op

great story gameover, my question is how old where you when you re did you cxc subjects?
how much did you do in a year? 3-2-1?

the mentality to succeed is the real key. - you said, i dont think im serious, what was your moment you had to become dead serious in your academic career?
the thing is, i re did mines, math, (failed 2x) social studies failed, and i passed english, after i just gave up :|

My parents always provided the opportunity for education for me. I went Fatima but only got Maths and Physics. I live Morvant and started working in a 10days gang(URP) in the area because Fatima wouldn’t take me back for repeat. After 2 yrs my mom sent me a private school on Park street and I got English, biology and Computer Science. At 18 I started my 8-4..... Got $1800 a month and I was happy. By this time all my school friends had done Form 6 and had gone UWI or migrated for tertiary education (Fatima rich boys). Fast forward 14yrs I’m hustling nights as a bouncer in a popular night club and all my school mates are asking me “what happened?” as they pass me going in. Some even tipped me. That began my turning point as I was convinced that further education was what I needed to reach their “level” I used the club money to go Sbcs and start ABE. It was super hard working two jobs and studying but 4 yrs later with 7 or 8 failed modules I got my degree.
I don’t think everyone needs a degree tho. I know lots of people that built their success without it. Just the fact that you have attempted means you want better. You can read, write and count. At one of my jobs the owner was a millionaire but had no more education than 14+ from junior sec. You simply have to be hungry to succeed (however you define success is up to you)

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 14th, 2018, 3:38 am

^^^ hard work bro. I admire your success

GameOver
3NE 2NR for life

Postby GameOver » March 14th, 2018, 4:10 am

zoom rader wrote:^^^ hard work bro. I admire your success

Hard work yes, success, not yet.

I was determined but my planning was poor... after my degree my salary doubled. I stopped all hustle. I upgraded my vehicle. Felt motivated so I took another loan and undertook my MBA. When I got my masters I got another position and my salary almost doubled again!! Decided on major home improvement and went to the bank again. Now it’s just bills.. I mean I’m not uncomfortable but I don’t feel “well off”. Improved standard of living but limited disposable income. Being an employee means no matter how hard you work you are still dependent on a fixed income at the end of the month. Ultimately owning your own is the better option. It’s actually easier to start a business than land a high paying job. But as you business grows and I’m not talking doubles (no disrespect to these champions) you going to need education.

Just my 2 cents. OP hope it helps

Vani0102
Riding on 13's

Postby Vani0102 » March 14th, 2018, 6:05 am

Hustle.. and I'm a teacher. You can hustle better (if there is such a thing) when you're smart. Do get educated too. Some of the best hustlers are quite smart.
My first time on any forum on trini tuner so don't flame me please... lol

Krystal Car Part Imports
Sweet on this forum

Postby Krystal Car Part Imports » March 14th, 2018, 9:37 am

Do law or trade work. You'll be ok

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » March 14th, 2018, 10:54 am

Krystal Car Part Imports wrote:Do law or trade work. You'll be ok

Ah yes the cartels. Dont underestimate the economic earnings working in one of the T&T cartels.

Docta...lawyah...bankah...

Krystal Car Part Imports
Sweet on this forum

Postby Krystal Car Part Imports » March 14th, 2018, 11:22 am

Aye, allyuh could be sour (of which I am not. Haven't had a job in 4 years) or you can get with the program. It have real opportunities. We just need to come together , use some scraps and big things can happen. Right now I sell little small car parts. But it have plenty new businesses of the future to get into. Food production, hydroponics, solar, spare parts, all kinda thing.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » March 14th, 2018, 11:24 am

Krystal Car Part Imports wrote:Do law or trade work. You'll be ok

There are huge blocks of attorneys who are unemployed or underemployed. It's not automatic that certain profession/education choices land you a big job or as it is today a job.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » March 14th, 2018, 11:57 am

having a fixed income is not a negative eh - its more like solid security whether its rain or sun u guaranteed getting a certain income

when u self employed : yes u get more freedom & flexibility but some days u earn $5 other days $500 & some days ur in d hole because for 1 reason or d other things didnt work out

so weigh both options

also from my experience in life its always good to have more than 1 form of earning a income , in case something does not pan out u have another safety net to fall back on ...

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » March 14th, 2018, 12:19 pm

Working for yourself is a gamble. I can't see it happening at the moment. I need to get a stable income

Sent from my GT-I9060C using Tapatalk

philliprock
3NE 2NR for life

Postby philliprock » March 14th, 2018, 5:04 pm

the thing is, at home there is a firestorm of contradictions.
my parents don't get that i still would want to go back to school and further myself, they said i already f--'d up, i had my chance, but seeing other family members, colleagues, then they would say ''well, son, try to do something with your life,'' if i do start nothing but criticisms, no hope or motivations from them, or privacy, i still sleep on the floor, after a year moving into a HDC 2 bedroom house.
feeling the burn, of failing, i just cant, the money, time and headache, all wasted. :cry:
i know i should re-do my subjects, but i guess i dont have the foundation.
i do have a friend that encourages me to do physics, even lent me her books.

your story is really inspiring :)

philliprock
3NE 2NR for life

Postby philliprock » March 14th, 2018, 5:10 pm

GameOver wrote:My parents always provided the opportunity for education for me. I went Fatima but only got Maths and Physics. I live Morvant and started working in a 10days gang(URP) in the area because Fatima wouldn’t take me back for repeat. After 2 yrs my mom sent me a private school on Park street and I got English, biology and Computer Science. At 18 I started my 8-4..... Got $1800 a month and I was happy. By this time all my school friends had done Form 6 and had gone UWI or migrated for tertiary education (Fatima rich boys). Fast forward 14yrs I’m hustling nights as a bouncer in a popular night club and all my school mates are asking me “what happened?” as they pass me going in. Some even tipped me. That began my turning point as I was convinced that further education was what I needed to reach their “level” I used the club money to go Sbcs and start ABE. It was super hard working two jobs and studying but 4 yrs later with 7 or 8 failed modules I got my degree.
I don’t think everyone needs a degree tho. I know lots of people that built their success without it. Just the fact that you have attempted means you want better. You can read, write and count. At one of my jobs the owner was a millionaire but had no more education than 14+ from junior sec. You simply have to be hungry to succeed (however you define success is up to you)

he thing is, at home there is a firestorm of contradictions.
my parents don't get that i still would want to go back to school and further myself, they said i already f--'d up, i had my chance, but seeing other family members, colleagues, then they would say ''well, son, try to do something with your life,'' if i do start nothing but criticisms, no hope or motivations from them, or privacy, i still sleep on the floor, after a year moving into a HDC 2 bedroom house.
feeling the burn, of failing, i just cant, the money, time and headache, all wasted. :cry:
i know i should re-do my subjects, but i guess i dont have the foundation.
i do have a friend that encourages me to do physics, even lent me her books.

your story is really inspiring :)

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » March 14th, 2018, 6:40 pm

your parents... maybe they're right, maybe they're wrong. Just know that you control the choices you make and where you will end up, even after your parents are long gone. If you really want to do something in YOUR life, do it. Because you can't do it after you're dead.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » March 14th, 2018, 7:28 pm

Dude, if my 26 yo son was still studying big screen tv and collecting toys while living in my house ,after I sent him to school and he didn't get his education , he would have had more problems with me than just old talk.
You are a man, start thinking like a man. When I was your age I already built my first house, coming from a poor family with no help to start up.
The second mistake is this hustle talk. So anyone without education hustles ? There are numerous ways to be gainfully employed ,and having a formal education is no reason to be suffering. As a matter of fact , most wealthy people have no real education . I know multi-millionaires who never got past secondary school or in some cases less.
As Maj. Tom said ,it's up to you and your decisions. Man up and get out of that funk you sound like you are in.

desifemlove
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby desifemlove » March 15th, 2018, 2:29 am

zoom rader wrote:
desifemlove wrote:most people jus study sheit cos it free.

there needs to be a plan, and most do't have such. it's why there is a lot of underutilisation of education. and de POOene(ma) and youenzee contribute to dis sheit.

Stop taking chit, you dont live in trini and our higher edcuation you still have to pay part for it. It not free
lol.

janfar
punchin NOS

Re: would you rather hustle or get an education?

Postby janfar » March 15th, 2018, 3:00 am

In my line of work I met a lot of 'educated' people who were not willing or unable to do the job. I have also met a lot of hustlers who are able to do the job, given time and enough training.

I myself am a hustler. After secondary school my parents couldn't send both me and my sis to further education so I had to jump out and get a job.

I got lucky, so to speak, by getting a laborer job at a company in Galeota when is was 19. It was supposed to be a 2 week job to hold on for someone. That was 20 years ago.

Regardless of your situation or education level, unless you are born with a gold spoon and big name family, be ready to work hard and then some.

Plenty people just want to do the job they are given and go home at 4. That's the mentality I noticed with people that I had to train 4-5 years later. Very poor work ethics and no desire to go the extra mile.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 15th, 2018, 3:49 am

janfar wrote:In my line of work I met a lot of 'educated' people who were not willing or unable to do the job. I have also met a lot of hustlers who are able to do the job, given time and enough training.

I myself am a hustler. After secondary school my parents couldn't send both me and my sis to further education so I had to jump out and get a job.

I got lucky, so to speak, by getting a laborer job at a company in Galeota when is was 19. It was supposed to be a 2 week job to hold on for someone. That was 20 years ago.

Regardless of your situation or education level, unless you are born with a gold spoon and big name family, be ready to work hard and then some.

Plenty people just want to do the job they are given and go home at 4. That's the mentality I noticed with people that I had to train 4-5 years later. Very poor work ethics and no desire to go the extra mile.
Employers abused employee loyalty.

Some companies you can put your best foot forward go all the miles but at the end of day you are just a tool. Employers expect you to work harder with little reward.

I always tell folk if after 3 to 5yrs you put your best foot forward but don't see the rewards, then it's time to move on.

Dead employers have dead employees

janfar
punchin NOS

Postby janfar » March 15th, 2018, 3:54 am

That's a fair point Zoom. Not all companies are like that though. I guess 20 years ago the mentality was different. Now the same lazy people have become the managers and have now stagnated the whole moving forward process.

See that a lot now and not just in Trinidad.

Zetski
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Zetski » March 15th, 2018, 6:57 am

Often times people with degrees do not even go into their respective fields because interests change overtime

I did my aeronautics degree in UoM got an internship at Delta for 2 years then I came back to Trinidad and was working and teaching evening classes part time to build my house.

Experience makes you realize what you want out of life.. but you don't need a degree to be somebody you just need the will to succeed.

Daran
Shifting into 6th

Postby Daran » March 15th, 2018, 8:15 am

Interesting post, because going down the corporate career path (assuming that's the path you take when educated) will make you well off and secure, but you'll never be rich or have true freedom.

I did that, got tired of it and used my savings to travel and enjoy life.

For the last 3 years, I've created several sources of passive income (i.e. hustling mindset) and I'm fast approaching 100k/mo. I don't have to work at all, maybe just 1 or 2 days a week. Right now I spend my days in gym, taking out women, traveling, lecturing part-time, enjoying life and learning new skills.

Preparing to launch a business soon so leisure time will be reduced significantly.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 15th, 2018, 1:46 pm

In my early days after leaving San Tech, wuk was real hard to get. I took whatever jobs came up doing shut downs all over. There were times when i just had to appear by the gates of companies and waited for contractors to call your name out. Sometime I got gigs and most times blank. Then i got fed up and went Vene for two years, I got oil field work with a contractor gained some experience improved my spanish. Came back trini and landed an offshore role with a now defunct company. Spent two years and move on ever since, I ended up working offshore in the UK and quit cause I had enough to live on. All in that time i was saving and investing and doing a side business. I even got into farming but that did not work out how I wanted it. Did my time and now I dont have to work . Oh i did do a degree but that did not really help

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » March 15th, 2018, 1:51 pm

education.

I got it earn over $40000 a month.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 15th, 2018, 3:35 pm

desifemlove wrote:education.

Uk money is not the same here, so run along and pay your 40% tax , NI and 20% Vat

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » March 15th, 2018, 4:42 pm

zoom rader wrote:

Uk money is not the same here, so run along and pay your 40% tax , NI and 20% Vat

i not in uk breds.

but i earn thousands per month in my normal job.

i earn thousands from passive income.

i have no kids, unlike you. and my job didn't concern polluting the planet, and not knowing sheit about politics, econ, and rudimentary political theory (other than what UNC tell yuh..).

as for autism, well no. no doctor has ever formally diagnosed this of me.

i don't have any symptom. i understand subtext, use eye-contact, don't say rude sheit out of turn, and can hold conversations. if i am out of turn here, it cos allyuh come down on me for no reason. but cool, it's all strangers, and i hold no qualms in telling strangers where to go. bonds are earned, and somebdoy who ent close to me gets it more than those who aren't.

i also believe in grace, and not thinking cos i have big wuk, i better than others. but we all different. trump has big wuk and money, means sheit considering his beliefs. according to you Stalin was a good guy cos he had big wuk. or bernie madoff, or Putin. i o ly say this often since it's allyuh who bring this up! lol. since when is a person's station consequential to their "value"? it's your morality, not mine, nor others, but cool.

so you can cuss me all you want, i jus go on my day, like buing a flat, working, travelling and sheit. your legacy is being in BP and contributing to most of T&T being underwater due to global warming when you're 95. my wuk is focused on helping others, and the less fortunate in our world, not digging for oil, gas, and other sheit to make T&T be underwater very soon.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 15th, 2018, 5:45 pm

desifemlove wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

i not in uk breds.

but i earn thousands per month in my normal job.

i earn thousands from passive income.

i have no kids, unlike you. and my job didn't concern polluting the planet, and not knowing sheit about politics, econ, and rudimentary political theory (other than what UNC tell yuh..).

as for autism, well no. no doctor has ever formally diagnosed this of me.

i don't have any symptom. i understand subtext, use eye-contact, don't say rude sheit out of turn, and can hold conversations. if i am out of turn here, it cos allyuh come down on me for no reason. but cool, it's all strangers, and i hold no qualms in telling strangers where to go. bonds are earned, and somebdoy who ent close to me gets it more than those who aren't.

i also believe in grace, and not thinking cos i have big wuk, i better than others. but we all different. trump has big wuk and money, means sheit considering his beliefs. according to you Stalin was a good guy cos he had big wuk. or bernie madoff, or Putin. i o ly say this often since it's allyuh who bring this up! lol. since when is a person's station consequential to their "value"? it's your morality, not mine, nor others, but cool.

so you can cuss me all you want, i jus go on my day, like buing a flat, working, travelling and sheit. your legacy is being in BP and contributing to most of T&T being underwater due to global warming when you're 95. my wuk is focused on helping others, and the less fortunate in our world, not digging for oil, gas, and other sheit to make T&T be underwater very soon.

Symptoms Identified in bold.

1. We here in trinidad dont use the word flat, that's a british term for an apartment, again you are not Trini

But all in all you ful ah-chit

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » March 15th, 2018, 6:16 pm

Desi making thousands per month, but travelling in taxi , looking for apartment in central, and want $1000 loan.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 15th, 2018, 7:51 pm

rspann wrote:Desi making thousands per month, but travelling in taxi , looking for apartment in central, and want $1000 loan.

Venny monie have no value

GameOver
3NE 2NR for life

Postby GameOver » March 15th, 2018, 7:59 pm

Why do these threads all descend into an episode of spy vs spy? I guess that is the nature of Ole talk.. carry on

Zetski
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Zetski » March 15th, 2018, 8:08 pm

For yuh to call figures like that is obvious yuh telling tales..

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”