Forums

Is Russia a Superpower?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Is Russia a Superpower?

Postby 88sins » January 26th, 2022, 12:56 pm

when the US government enters into contractual agreements with entities such as lockheed martin or HII for example, or any of their many other major defense contractors, you think they use a debit card at a checkout counter?
when the gov't issues treasury bills & other instruments, other than those issued to/acquired by other countries, where you think the majority of the rest goes?

Bad Dog
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Bad Dog » January 26th, 2022, 1:57 pm

A large portion of the US government debt is owned by Foreign Governments, the rest is owned by US Banks, the Federal Reserve, state and local governments, mutual funds, pensions funds, insurance companies, and savings bonds.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » January 26th, 2022, 2:12 pm

SuperiorGirl don't know what he talking about.
He always looking for friends on these threads.
Pay him no attention.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » January 26th, 2022, 2:46 pm

With a 20 trillion US Treasury market, any money owed to suppliers just isn't relevant in the context of this discussion.

Not in the least.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » January 26th, 2022, 3:29 pm

Bad Dog wrote:A large portion of the US government debt is owned by Foreign Governments, the rest is owned by US Banks, the Federal Reserve, state and local governments, mutual funds, pensions funds, insurance companies, and savings bonds.
Yeah like China

Usa is really a ponzi scheme

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » January 26th, 2022, 3:46 pm

zoom rader wrote:
Bad Dog wrote:A large portion of the US government debt is owned by Foreign Governments, the rest is owned by US Banks, the Federal Reserve, state and local governments, mutual funds, pensions funds, insurance companies, and savings bonds.
Yeah like China

Usa is really a ponzi scheme

china & japan are the 2 biggest debt holders
So

If either decides they had enough & want to cash out entirely, in short order, guess what would happen, particularly with those holding smaller yet still substantial amounts

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » January 26th, 2022, 4:21 pm

88sins wrote:when the US government enters into contractual agreements with entities such as lockheed martin or HII for example, or any of their many other major defense contractors, you think they use a debit card at a checkout counter?
when the gov't issues treasury bills & other instruments, other than those issued to/acquired by other countries, where you think the majority of the rest goes?

Your utter ignorance really showing here.

The US debt isn't owed to corporations like military contractors like you said. The debt is owed to bond holders. They get paid back based on the terms of the bond such as a percentage of interest for however much years. Bonds are retired all the time. New ones issued all the time. So new debt just funds repayment of the old debts.

The national debt of United States of America is in the form of Treasury Bonds. These are paid back all the time.

The biggest single holder of US bonds is the US Social Security Administration, and the majority of bonds are owned by US citizens and US companies.

The US is such a stable economy that its bonds are issued at very low interest rates. Therefore they actually occasionally makes money on its debt when the rate of inflation is higher than bond interest rates.

So in other words and this might be hard for you to understand.....a country's debt isn't really like personal debt at all.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » January 26th, 2022, 4:23 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:
88sins wrote:when the US government enters into contractual agreements with entities such as lockheed martin or HII for example, or any of their many other major defense contractors, you think they use a debit card at a checkout counter?

The US debt isn't owed to corporations like military contractors like you said. The debt is owed to bond holders. They get paid back based on the terms of the bond such as a percentage of interest for however much years. Bonds are retired all the time. New ones issued all the time. So new debt just funds repayment of the old debts.

The national debt of United States of America is in the form of Treasury Bonds. These are paid back all the time.

The biggest single holder of US bonds is the US Social Security Administration, and the majority of bonds are owned by US citizens and US companies.

The US is such a stable economy that its bonds are issued at very low interest rates. Therefore they actually occasionally makes money on its debt when the rate of inflation is higher than bond interest rates.

So in other words and this might be hard for you to understand.....a country's debt isn't really like personal debt at all.
Stop talking what you don't know. Go read a book.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » January 26th, 2022, 4:30 pm

wtf wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:

If you had any level of education beyond your housekeeper job then you would have taken more than 2 minutes you took to respond after I posted it, to actually read what I said, understand it and to make a logical rebuttal. But I guess that's asking for too much.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » January 26th, 2022, 4:44 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:
wtf wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:

If you had any level of education beyond your housekeeper job then you would have taken more than 2 minutes you took to respond after I posted it, to actually read what I said, understand it and to make a logical rebuttal. But I guess that's asking for too much.
I don't take advice from a Feminist.
Screenshot_20211208-173224.jpg

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » January 26th, 2022, 4:46 pm

wtf wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:
wtf wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:

I don't take advice from a Feminist.Screenshot_20211208-173224.jpg

No problem.

I'm a proud feminist.

Now stop sidetracking the topic.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » January 26th, 2022, 5:05 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:

Actually InferiorMinded, the largest single entity domestic holder of US T-bills is actually the federal reserve at about30%, not private citizens and companies. And I got no clue or care as to where you got the idea that someone was comparing national debt to personal debt, because I never indicated that they were similar.
That being said, I have no reservations in informing you that I have made a personal pledge many years ago, to never engage in debates with idiots.
So, that being the case, you're gonna have this dialogue all by your onesies.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » January 26th, 2022, 5:11 pm

88sins wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:

Actually InferiorMinded, the largest single entity domestic holder of US T-bills is actually the federal reserve at about30%, not private citizens and companies. And I got no clue or care as to where you got the idea that someone was comparing national debt to personal debt, because I never indicated that they were similar.
That being said, I have no reservations in informing you that I have made a personal pledge many years ago, to never engage in debates with idiots.
So, that being the case, you're gonna have this dialogue all by your onesies.

You're wrong on all accounts and you were wrong on the most important one.

That the US DEBT ISN'T OWED TO CORPORATIONS. IT'S OWED TO BOND HOLDERS.

You went on an entire diatribe about US owing to military contractors. You didn't even know that it's owed to bond holders.

Which makes your initial argument false and you look like the dotish uneducated clown that you are.

Yes run away when you know you lose. Bye.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » January 26th, 2022, 5:15 pm

Like I said don't pay attention to SuperiorGirl.
He delusional and don't know what he talking about.
He trying to sound smart on things he don't understand.
Just ignore the Feminist and move on.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » January 26th, 2022, 5:48 pm

The weaponization of SWIFT is still a mistake.
It didn't work the first time.

The world is closer to scalable alternatives.

And of course the Euro ports quite a bit of stuff from Russia.
Last edited by Redman on January 26th, 2022, 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » January 26th, 2022, 6:31 pm

wtf wrote:Like I said don't pay attention to SuperiorGirl.

I leave them to their illusions and delusions.
Is not my wuk to care about what who feel they know, or to convince them of anything.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » January 31st, 2022, 2:11 pm

So Ukranian President vs US media?

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » January 31st, 2022, 4:10 pm

I had posted this in another thread about a year ago.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » February 16th, 2022, 9:23 am

We were told Russia was going to war. They never told us it was going to be a meme war

Capture.JPG

Ripe Chenette
Sweet on this forum

Postby Ripe Chenette » February 16th, 2022, 10:18 am

We really got desensitized. On a sidenote I doubt the world could fight against russian shitposting.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » February 16th, 2022, 10:22 am

Leaders now soft AF yes. Gone are the days where war just breaks out now is just rumours of war

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » February 16th, 2022, 12:24 pm

88sins wrote:
wtf wrote:Like I said don't pay attention to SuperiorGirl.

I leave them to their illusions and delusions.
Is not my wuk to care about what who feel they know, or to convince them of anything.

You are the only dumb fck opening up their trap spouting and thinking that US debt owed to corporations not bond holders. Get educated kids and don't be like this clown.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » February 16th, 2022, 12:45 pm

hover11 wrote:Leaders now soft AF yes. Gone are the days where war just breaks out now is just rumours of war

War is a forgone conclusion when the superpowers are the major exporters or Arms and Hydrocarbons.
With that a credible threat is just as good.
The US and Russia are both direct competing beneficiaries of price movement of Euro Nat Gas.

No one GaF about Ukraine,

Everybody cares about either Selling at or Paying 4x+ last years prices for Nat Gas.

Bad Dog
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Bad Dog » February 16th, 2022, 6:27 pm

It's all about the gas from Nordstream2 and the wealth and influence it will bring to Russia...the US of A and the Ukraine is very concern that Western Europe will become dependent on gas from Russia and cuts off the revenue that Ukraine earns from Nordstream 1 which runs through Ukraine and Central Europe. The US of A and Israel wants to supply gas to Europe from stolen gas from the Middle East (US stealing from Iraq and Syria) and Israel stealing gas from Lebanon and new fields discovered off the coast of Gaza.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » February 17th, 2022, 12:38 pm

Looks like the inevitable invasion will begin in coming days.

Big gamble by Russia, but I have a feeling they've got China's backing on this.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » February 17th, 2022, 12:40 pm

Russia and China just signed a 100 million MT oil deal.

So yeah

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » February 17th, 2022, 12:45 pm

It would be of interest to China to observe what the US and NATO will do if Russia invades Ukraine so they China would be better prepared when they decide to invade Taiwan.

North Korea spectating and gathering info also to see if it would be feasible to invade South Korea.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » February 17th, 2022, 12:47 pm

Bad Dog wrote:It's all about the gas from Nordstream2 and the wealth and influence it will bring to Russia...the US of A and the Ukraine is very concern that Western Europe will become dependent on gas from Russia and cuts off the revenue that Ukraine earns from Nordstream 1 which runs through Ukraine and Central Europe. The US of A and Israel wants to supply gas to Europe from stolen gas from the Middle East (US stealing from Iraq and Syria) and Israel stealing gas from Lebanon and new fields discovered off the coast of Gaza.

So much geo political bad takes here but Nordstream 1 running through Ukraine is one of the bigger ones
Capture.JPG

KM_2NR
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby KM_2NR » February 17th, 2022, 12:47 pm

hover11 wrote:Leaders now soft AF yes. Gone are the days where war just breaks out now is just rumours of war

rumours dem spreadin

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » February 17th, 2022, 1:30 pm

Putin really playing a dangerous game.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”