Forums

Stranger Things on Netflix

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

janfar
punchin NOS

Re: Stranger Things 2 on Netflix

Postby janfar » November 13th, 2017, 10:32 pm

Just as a FYI. I do not get Discovery using any of the VPN locations with this one. Will have to watch it when in HK

A33_VQ35
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby A33_VQ35 » November 14th, 2017, 12:12 am

janfar wrote:Just as a FYI. I do not get Discovery using any of the VPN locations with this one. Will have to watch it when in HK

Discovery shows on Netflix outside the US not US Netflix. You will have to take off VPN to watch it locally.

goalpost
punchin NOS

Postby goalpost » November 14th, 2017, 4:41 am

Stranger things 2 -8/10. The first one was better. I think it was because we had no idea what it was about, the mystery was more interesting. I like how they gave the boys more backstories this season but at the expense of Eleven though, who was horribly underused. Episode 6 was brilliant. Episode 7 was different but excellent all the same.
One characteristic I like about the show is, similar to Season 1, it’s a bunch of characters who start off in separate groups, but by the last few episodes, circumstances have drawn all of them together to fight against the ‘monster’

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 14th, 2017, 9:02 am

goalpost wrote:Stranger things 2 -8/10. The first one was better. I think it was because we had no idea what it was about, the mystery was more interesting. I like how they gave the boys more backstories this season but at the expense of Eleven though, who was horribly underused. Episode 6 was brilliant. Episode 7 was different but excellent all the same.
One characteristic I like about the show is, similar to Season 1, it’s a bunch of characters who start off in separate groups, but by the last few episodes, circumstances have drawn all of them together to fight against the ‘monster’

huh?! if anything this season was mostly about Eleven and her backstory

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 14th, 2017, 9:02 am

A33_VQ35 wrote:
janfar wrote:Just as a FYI. I do not get Discovery using any of the VPN locations with this one. Will have to watch it when in HK

Discovery shows on Netflix outside the US not US Netflix. You will have to take off VPN to watch it locally.

He's not in Trinidad

goalpost
punchin NOS

Postby goalpost » November 16th, 2017, 5:28 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
goalpost wrote:Stranger things 2 -8/10. The first one was better. I think it was because we had no idea what it was about, the mystery was more interesting. I like how they gave the boys more backstories this season but at the expense of Eleven though, who was horribly underused. Episode 6 was brilliant. Episode 7 was different but excellent all the same.

Maybe “backstory” was the wrong term. I meant that they took time to develop Lucas & Dustin character. While Eleven was also developed, there’s a sense she spent a lot of time just “wandering”.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » November 17th, 2017, 5:07 pm

Ted_v2 wrote:So far iv seen all of
stranger things
desperate housewives
dexter
breaking bad
hannbal
suits (4 seasons)
the mick
orange is the new black
bates motel
last man on earth
the blacklist
american gotic
superstore
gotham till last season
flash till last season

what yall recommend ?

Orphan black

I zombie

Veronica mars

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » November 17th, 2017, 5:41 pm

goalpost wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

Maybe “backstory” was the wrong term. I meant that they took time to develop Lucas & Dustin character. While Eleven was also developed, there’s a sense she spent a lot of time just “wandering”.

We learned more about her, but she wasn't in the main plot or story. They focused on the boys more.

This was good, because although being 'the eleven show' might be awesome, it would get stale fast. Also, she doesn't have a varied powerset to be continually interesting.
Also, they did the boys' stories very well, so it worked.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » November 21st, 2017, 9:24 pm

ok ah rel late here , if wasnt for tuner i never heard of it

i start season 1 yesterday watch 4 episodes & i just watch out d other 4 today - i wouldn't call it spectacular , it decent but yes its addicting cause they always leaving u on a cliff hanging on & u want to what happens next

will start se2 later this wk ....

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Re: Stranger Things on Netflix

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » May 21st, 2019, 9:51 am

Season 3 sneak peek just dropped

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » July 4th, 2019, 9:53 am

Season 3 out!!!!!

l33t2
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby l33t2 » July 4th, 2019, 10:14 am

Not the same show but similar vibe, Dark Season 2 had been one of the best things I've ever watched in my LIFE, as good as Breaking Bad, Chernobyl, GoT etc

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » July 4th, 2019, 8:47 pm

Getting mixed reviews on Season 3
Will start to watch it tonight hopefully

l33t2 wrote:Not the same show but similar vibe, Dark Season 2 had been one of the best things I've ever watched in my LIFE, as good as Breaking Bad, Chernobyl, GoT etc

Have to check it out.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » July 4th, 2019, 9:22 pm

Started on episode 1 and piece of episode 2 this evening. Still the nostalgic goodness of past seasons.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » July 5th, 2019, 2:22 pm

l33t2 wrote:Not the same show but similar vibe, Dark Season 2 had been one of the best things I've ever watched in my LIFE, as good as Breaking Bad, Chernobyl, GoT etc
Add umbrella academy if u didn't see it yet... That was an absolute masterpiece!!! The soundtrack as well, hot damnnn

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » July 5th, 2019, 5:28 pm

nick639v2 wrote:
Add umbrella academy if u didn't see it yet... That was an absolute masterpiece!!! The soundtrack as well, hot damnnn
Saw Umbrella Academy in recommendations. Caught my eye cuz I saw the guy who played Dickon Tarly from GoT on it. Would take a look.

Coppershot
Riding on 17's

Postby Coppershot » July 9th, 2019, 10:56 am

:lol: :lol: :drinking:

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » July 9th, 2019, 12:47 pm

how much pints of blood do you need to nose bleed before you pass out?

asking for a friend...

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » July 9th, 2019, 1:23 pm

16 cycles wrote:how much pints of blood do you need to nose bleed before you pass out?

asking for a friend...

I was wondering the same thing!

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » July 9th, 2019, 5:19 pm

nick639v2 wrote:

Umbrella Academy was the perfect mix of humour, mystery, action and weirdness. 10/10

Stranger Things Season 3 was really good. The only thing I didn't like is how they made Hopper's character so petty to drive the story line through fabricated conflict. I think the writing on that part was a little weak and lazy. I don't like stories with unnecessary fabricated conflicts to drive the story line forward.

mitch1980
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby mitch1980 » July 10th, 2019, 8:57 am

Season 3 was pretty good picked up from Ep 3.
Hopper's character was weakened a bit

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » July 10th, 2019, 9:47 am

Lucas sister started wearing on my nerves until I noticed something.
Since this show is all about the nostalgic easter eggs, she seemed like an homage to 80s movie comic relief child sidekicks, from her acting and costuming.

That was the kind of thing that started off acceptable or precocious in the 80s, then Disney and Nickelodeon ran it into the ground in the 90s onward.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 11th, 2019, 4:17 pm

Terminator was bad with the machine gun

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » August 21st, 2019, 8:53 am

Having finished S3 Stranger Things I haven't been really watching TV with a plan. With whatever time I dedicate to Television I started both Umbrella Academy and Fargo on Netflix by myself whilst the wife started OINTB. And this week because I have Amazon Prime videos free for a month, having taken the trial period of Amazon Prime I have been watching The Tick, Marvelous Mrs Maisel and Jack Ryan.

I rate Jack Ryan very highly and basically dropped everything else for that. Something weird about seeing John Krasinki as an action hero though as to me he is always Jim Halpert.

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » August 21st, 2019, 10:51 am

Slartibartfast wrote:
nick639v2 wrote:

Umbrella Academy was the perfect mix of humour, mystery, action and weirdness. 10/10

Stranger Things Season 3 was really good. The only thing I didn't like is how they made Hopper's character so petty to drive the story line through fabricated conflict. I think the writing on that part was a little weak and lazy. I don't like stories with unnecessary fabricated conflicts to drive the story line forward.

There's an older UK series called the misfits. IF you enjoy stranger things and umbrella academy, might like this also. The clown from Umbrella academy was in it. Very weird series.

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » August 21st, 2019, 10:52 am

ADONI wrote:
16 cycles wrote:how much pints of blood do you need to nose bleed before you pass out?

asking for a friend...

I was wondering the same thing!

Very nose bleedy for sure.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » August 23rd, 2019, 11:30 am

crazybalhead wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:
nick639v2 wrote:

There's an older UK series called the misfits. IF you enjoy stranger things and umbrella academy, might like this also. The clown from Umbrella academy was in it. Very weird series.

Dude.... Nathan was the reason I started Umbrella Academy. I will watch any show with him in it (except mortal instruments.... and i regret seeing mortal engines...... I'm sensing a pattern here....)

Rockram
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Rockram » August 23rd, 2019, 12:53 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:Having finished S3 Stranger Things I haven't been really watching TV with a plan. With whatever time I dedicate to Television I started both Umbrella Academy and Fargo on Netflix by myself whilst the wife started OINTB. And this week because I have Amazon Prime videos free for a month, having taken the trial period of Amazon Prime I have been watching The Tick, Marvelous Mrs Maisel and Jack Ryan.

I rate Jack Ryan very highly and basically dropped everything else for that. Something weird about seeing John Krasinki as an action hero though as to me he is always Jim Halpert.

Lol...totally agree, he will always be "Big Tuna"

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » August 23rd, 2019, 1:37 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:
crazybalhead wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:
nick639v2 wrote:

Dude.... Nathan was the reason I started Umbrella Academy. I will watch any show with him in it (except mortal instruments.... and i regret seeing mortal engines...... I'm sensing a pattern here....)

yeah he's a real clown.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » August 24th, 2019, 12:23 pm

Any of you jump on Pennyworth yet??? I'm on episode 3 and I must say I do love it!!

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”