Forums

Firearms User License HELP

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Firearms User License HELP

Postby Redman » December 9th, 2021, 8:15 am

Well like all the systems we can establish new rules...
New issuance is under new rules.

Start reviewing all existing and reissue under new rules,the absolute number isn't that large.

What we need is a relevant transparent timely system that is implemented and enforced

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » December 9th, 2021, 10:23 am

Only those over the last 3 years are under scrutiny, like I said before many men quaking and will be asked to come in . I absolutely have no problem with people been given firearms and love to hear stories of bandits being stopped by FUL holders etc , I have a problem with idiots having firearms though.

And as we know this isn't a new thing, many daddy boys have done so much shitt with their bought FULs in the past, even discharging in clubs etc , I witnessed that firsthand at one of the most popular clubs in POS years ago around 2008 or so I believe .

I was actually close to the man ,wasn't sure what I heard, sounded like a speaker buss in the loud music, but the smell of cordite was overwhelming in the 'VIP' room we occupied ,and there was a small hole in the ceiling, imagine if that had ricochet off a steel beam etc, could've wreaked havoc at the club, what a complete dunce jacka$$ ! .

Of course one of his minion friends expressed the weapon out of the club and daddy got it covered up with a back dated receipt as if the gun was lodged at the police station for months prior , and he didn't have it for weeks after that, so it couldn't have been him yuh know !!

Them people will kill you, couple other daddy rich tuners know exactly what and who I'm referring to .
Last edited by VII on December 9th, 2021, 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » December 9th, 2021, 10:34 am

VII wrote:At first I was skeptical but that's how it's set up at many Govt places ,they have books to sign in and out and iron box with lock etc even de half drum of sand to safely clear too, just like downstairs Admin..

And well the port and airport they take it and walk it all the way to the aircraft or Ferry, and it's always waiting for you in Tobago long before you disembark, very efficient.

rollingstock wrote:
VII wrote:MTS at all Gov't offices can..as well as port and airport estate constables.

That's unlawful. ;)

Well I went and ask- 2 lawyers, each with 20+ years relevant experience in TTPS.

Not lawful but its happening because its expedient and sensible in terms of the required workings of the different locations.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 9th, 2021, 10:58 am

the ppl that be, must surely be trying to backdate all those “expedited” applications you speak of.

VII wrote:Only those over the last 3 years are under scrutiny, like I said before many men quaking and will be asked to come in . I absolutely have no problem with people been given firearms and love to hear stories of bandits being stopped by FUL holders etc , I have a problem with idiots having firearms though.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » December 9th, 2021, 11:33 am

VII wrote:I have a problem with idiots having firearms though.

The vast majority of Trinis are idiots and they are too irresponsible.

The FUL process has to be STRICT.

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » December 9th, 2021, 12:07 pm

Think more than one politician has had a bad encounter when handling their Tool...including a former Nat. Sec. Minister...makes a good case for ensuring competency and re-certification on a timely basis.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » December 9th, 2021, 12:16 pm

16 cycles wrote:Think more than one politician has had a bad encounter when handling their Tool...including a former Nat. Sec. Minister...makes a good case for ensuring competency and re-certification on a timely basis.

Competency, re-certs, background checks etc.

But even that cannot be managed properly.

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » December 9th, 2021, 1:10 pm

Remember the lawyer who was sitting in his car after mosque and somehow his licenced firearm discharged hitting the femoral and he bled out? I believe all those issues stem from wanton issuance of competence certs. As it stands I believe some trainers issue just a basic training to provisional holders.
What we need is a standardized curriculum that included firearm safety, proper selection of accessories, tactics and the law at it applies to use of force in what is acceptable and what is not along with what to do legally after discharging a firearm. Include a pass or fail test in firearms theory as well as a practical in shooting accuracy. But this being Trinidad they might bribe to pass that to

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » December 9th, 2021, 1:31 pm

after a while people does get complacent with their firearms

seen it plenty

limes where people dancing/wining and their gun fall out on the ground and they eh even realize

ppl send vehicle to wash or leave vehicle by car wash with gun in the door pocket/glove box

where they get drunk and leave their gun somewhere

or when rum start to flow they decide they wanna show off and pull it out in public and show everyone and fire a few shots lolll

but the last 10 years they fighting up and struggling and willing to pay big money to get it, now they get it and is like a toy

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » December 9th, 2021, 1:39 pm

Yeah but Howard case was a bit different , he was speed drawing a serious modified high performance kimber pistol with the lightest of triggers in a competitive setting,he's a very good sport shooter and has some serious high quality toys ...

I know the pistol in question too, you mostly see them in gun magazines..

16 cycles wrote:Think more than one politician has had a bad encounter when handling their Tool...including a former Nat. Sec. Minister...makes a good case for ensuring competency and re-certification on a timely basis.
Last edited by VII on December 9th, 2021, 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » December 9th, 2021, 1:42 pm

Years now I hearing talk about reform, but nothing of course..

MaxPower wrote:
VII wrote:I have a problem with idiots having firearms though.

The vast majority of Trinis are idiots and they are too irresponsible.

The FUL process has to be STRICT.

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » December 9th, 2021, 1:46 pm

You could hold me upside down and shake me and my ting ain't falling out, most people don't carry properly and always bulging and hanging and exposing, many a man I've told that it's obvious they're carrying .

Phone Surgeon wrote:after a while people does get complacent with their firearms

seen it plenty

limes where people dancing/wining and their gun fall out on the ground and they eh even realize

ppl send vehicle to wash or leave vehicle by car wash with gun in the door pocket/glove box

where they get drunk and leave their gun somewhere

or when rum start to flow they decide they wanna show off and pull it out in public and show everyone and fire a few shots lolll

but the last 10 years they fighting up and struggling and willing to pay big money to get it, now they get it and is like a toy
Last edited by VII on December 9th, 2021, 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » December 9th, 2021, 1:49 pm

Yeah but like they rel enthusiastic about cracking this one and we know why..so men gonna be left hanging to dry, it will boil down to each man for himself rel easy , men won't any part of that to get tie up in the convenient agenda driven efficiency.

pugboy wrote:the ppl that be, must surely be trying to backdate all those “expedited” applications you speak of.

VII wrote:Only those over the last 3 years are under scrutiny, like I said before many men quaking and will be asked to come in . I absolutely have no problem with people been given firearms and love to hear stories of bandits being stopped by FUL holders etc , I have a problem with idiots having firearms though.
Last edited by VII on December 9th, 2021, 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » December 9th, 2021, 1:52 pm

Well boy dey are the only option as it is, so it's a question of police resources vs basic firearm handling fundamentals credentials etc , rather than legality.

They not going to assign police officers to just wait for the odd FUL holder to show up with a gun to lodge, and I agree totally . Maybe there are ammendments drafted to be implemented..

Redman wrote:
VII wrote:At first I was skeptical but that's how it's set up at many Govt places ,they have books to sign in and out and iron box with lock etc even de half drum of sand to safely clear too, just like downstairs Admin..

And well the port and airport they take it and walk it all the way to the aircraft or Ferry, and it's always waiting for you in Tobago long before you disembark, very efficient.

rollingstock wrote:
VII wrote:MTS at all Gov't offices can..as well as port and airport estate constables.

That's unlawful. ;)

Well I went and ask- 2 lawyers, each with 20+ years relevant experience in TTPS.

Not lawful but its happening because its expedient and sensible in terms of the required workings of the different locations.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 9th, 2021, 2:19 pm

only time will tell if they really crack down and penalize those who encouraged bribery.

it really got ridiculous and out of hand on both dealers and that dept.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » December 9th, 2021, 2:47 pm

pugboy wrote:only time will tell if they really crack down and penalize those who encouraged bribery.

Maybe the ones who encouraged the bribery are the ones doing the cracking down.

Them small plebs will get jam.

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » December 9th, 2021, 3:15 pm

Totally..

pugboy wrote:only time will tell if they really crack down and penalize those who encouraged bribery.

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » December 9th, 2021, 4:03 pm

MaxPower wrote:

Maybe the ones who encouraged the bribery are the ones doing the cracking down.

Them small plebs will get jam.

Max you get your ful yet? Kinda glad I didn't get mine or else I might have come under scrutiny to

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » December 9th, 2021, 4:40 pm

Sadly legit people would have paid as well.

The problem is that it's policy based on the man...not rules,or experience,or ...well friggin policy.

He picks and chooses who get and eh get
So qualified people were left no choice

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 9th, 2021, 4:47 pm

if you paid then you not legit even if you have a legit lifestyle and job, business etc

you encouraging bobol and corrupt police officers to the highest degree
but they would not see it that way

which is why gg or whoever will never catch a big fish, only stamp on the little cockroaches

Redman wrote:Sadly legit people would have paid as well.

The problem is that it's policy based on the man...not rules,or experience,or ...well friggin policy.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » December 9th, 2021, 4:53 pm

VII wrote:Well boy dey are the only option as it is, so it's a question of police resources vs basic firearm handling fundamentals credentials etc , rather than legality.

They not going to assign police officers to just wait for the odd FUL holder to show up with a gun to lodge, and I agree totally . Maybe there are ammendments drafted to be implemented..

[
quote="Redman"][quote="VII"]At first I was skeptical but that's how it's set up at many Govt places ,they have books to sign in and out and iron box with lock etc even de half drum of sand to safely clear too, just like downstairs Admin..

[quote="rollingstock"][quote="VII"]MTS at all Gov't offices can..as well as port and airport estate constables.[/quote]

That's unlawful. ;)[/quote][/quote]

Not lawful but its happening because its expedient and sensible in terms of the required workings of the different locations.[/quote]
[/quote]

Easy to collect them all, and don't have to assign any special resources to doit either.
One public notice declaring the temporary suspension of all FULs and that all holders must deliver all weapons and ammo to the nearest station, failing to deliver resulting in permanent revocation and future disqualification from getting it back, not to mention a charge for unlawful possession of a firearm and ammunition.

Iirc, I think I saw there's a provision for something like that in law somewhere.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » December 9th, 2021, 4:55 pm

@pugboy
While I get your point,one should be less judgemental...

The moral high ground is always easy when nothing is at risk.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » December 9th, 2021, 4:57 pm

@88
The Fire arm act give the commish recall powers.
Based on his descretion

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 9th, 2021, 6:08 pm

yes unfortunately we long in a state of have vs have nots
and who vex lorse

Redman wrote:@pugboy
While I get your point,one should be less judgemental...

The moral high ground is always easy when nothing is at risk.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » December 9th, 2021, 6:19 pm

pugboy wrote:if you paid then you not legit even if you have a legit lifestyle and job, business etc

you encouraging bobol and corrupt police officers to the highest degree
but they would not see it that way

which is why gg or whoever will never catch a big fish, only stamp on the little cockroaches

Redman wrote:Sadly legit people would have paid as well.

Lol

Everyone paid one way or the other.

Favors or funds
Everyone paid.

Can't tell the bandit " hold on please don't shoot me I applied for my firearm and didnt want to bribe" before he gun you down like a dog because you wanted to take the moral high ground

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 9th, 2021, 6:26 pm

if everybody paid then nobody should complain about corruption in the country

if paying eases your mind against the "regular"/bandit/cockroach type crimes sure that may help you sleep better but other aspects of living in the said system you no longer should complain when you see corruption on a large scale because it is simply an extension of what you are saying is perfectly fine and in good order.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » December 9th, 2021, 6:42 pm

They call us "trickidadians" for a reason.

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » December 9th, 2021, 7:06 pm

I successfully appealed after 2 blank in the 90s in my mid 20s and got through in 99 in my late 20s..

It was like a hearing with one side for and one side against, the police side were the antagonist throwing rel shyte and the protagonist were a priest a judge and some other cordial gentlemen asking reasonable questions aligned with your reasons for needing to have a gun .

It all boiled down to collecting cash on a daily basis and wanting to be able to protect myself and my family in transit between work and home and the bank etc. Sadly my armed plain clothes security guard/friend was murdered at my business in a robbery just after I got through.

I wasn't there, I left to go pick up my first son at school and we had a whole fun evening planned to go play pool and have a blast around a few sports bars, it was a Friday, April 14th 2000 to be exact, when I arrived around after 3 or so the place was closed and my mom was there with my workers and everyone were crying and they gave me Jason's gun ,the police hadn't arrived as yet.

He was rushed to the hospital on the back of a hiux on a flush door by a competitor from close by, he wasn't declared dead and we hoped for the best, when the police arrived they confirmed he was DOA at the hospital, we all broke down, there was heavy blood splatter everywhere all over plenty items and pools of blood below shelving etc which I cleaned myself . Also some items were damaged by shots.

After he was shot another employee took the gun and chased them shooting at them as they ran . Apparently he tried to lure them to his bag as if he had money in it to get an opportunity to present, he kept the compact pistol in his back pocket, we had no burglar proof as I was from the area and had a great relationship with the element around . So the guys just opened a door and walked behind the counter, the same employee that ran after them was part of the struggle and they tried to shoot him and missed hence the damaged items in the corner.

I think he was so embeded in his undercover status as a sales personnel that it compromised his awareness as a guard with some complacency, he was actually one of my best 'employees' with customers and he was basically collecting 2 salaries, one from me and one from the security firm and I was thrilled for him !

I often wondered how and when we would part ways, such was the friendship with mutual respect and general goodness, and when we both ended up armed it was great times, we just went about our business as young responsible armed gentlemen, bussing corner pocket with our nice pool cues more than our guns, but we knew we were armed and dangerous but never acted like fools with our guns .

After that I became a serious beast with a sixth sense.. used to shoot sometimes ten boxes a day at the indoor range everyday for months and that's how I met Howard too .

We learned later a guy living opposite set it up and got his friends from Laventille hills in town to come and put down de wuk on EMR Laventille , he has since been murdered himself years after along with his 2 younger brothers, and his lil sister died of AIDS , his piper father also passed suddenly, he actually died last, so he had a lot to reflect on .

The police were very professional did well and cracked the case especially the finger print tech, they identified and held one of them amd confirmed by employees in an ID parade ,the case didn't last long,he got 12 years for manslaughter, his defence was that he didn't come to kill and said it was a struggle for guns and his gun went off ,pleh...

T&T was just starting to tun up in those days and murders increased exponentially as if someone pressed a button or opened the gates of hell .

But yeah the appeal board was real and a very good thing,I still probably wouldn't have gotten through hadn't it been for them , and honestly if someone had approached me with a proposal at the time I would've probably taken the deal , as Surgeon said it's real out there and it boils down to being armed or not and being able to have a chance to defend or not .

RIP Jason .
Last edited by VII on December 10th, 2021, 6:16 pm, edited 8 times in total.

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » December 9th, 2021, 7:39 pm

Yeah that occurred to me many times, but I was referring to generally.

88sins wrote:
VII wrote:Well boy dey are the only option as it is, so it's a question of police resources vs basic firearm handling fundamentals credentials etc , rather than legality.

[
quote="Redman"][quote="VII"]At first I was skeptical but that's how it's set up at many Govt places ,they have books to sign in and out and iron box with lock etc even de half drum of sand to safely clear too, just like downstairs Admin..

[quote="rollingstock"][quote="VII"]MTS at all Gov't offices can..as well as port and airport estate constables.[/quote]

That's unlawful. ;)[/quote][/quote]

Not lawful but its happening because its expedient and sensible in terms of the required workings of the different locations.[/quote]
[/quote][/quote]

Easy to collect them all, and don't have to assign any special resources to doit either.
One public notice declaring the temporary suspension of all FULs and that all holders must deliver all weapons and ammo to the nearest station, failing to deliver resulting in permanent revocation and future disqualification from getting it back, not to mention a charge for unlawful possession of a firearm and ammunition.

Iirc, I think I saw there's a provision for something like that in law somewhere.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » December 10th, 2021, 8:01 am

Thank you for that post VII.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”