Forums

Firearms User License HELP

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

WestIndian424
Riding on 17's

Re: Firearms User License HELP

Postby WestIndian424 » September 6th, 2022, 10:37 pm

j.o.e wrote:So everything is on hold now indefinitely. What steps can someone take proactively to improve chances of approval if things ever open back up.
Can you join any range/gun club for training purposes without a FUL?

Any update on this? is the dept open?

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » September 7th, 2022, 12:20 am

Calor wrote:
j.o.e wrote:So everything is on hold now indefinitely. What steps can someone take proactively to improve chances of approval if things ever open back up.

Hi Cal,

If i may, who knows you in the dept?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 7th, 2022, 1:00 am

Calor wrote:

Yes, they reopened a little while ago. If you going to get a status update, you will have to fill out a form and they will send you an email. Estimated time for response is 6 months, maybe more.
I was told that many people are going to have to reapply, because their applications were not investigated properly, some missing certain requirements, and some current license holders getting theirs revoked for various reasons.

Good luck

WestIndian424
Riding on 17's

Postby WestIndian424 » September 7th, 2022, 7:00 am

@max..i am a nobody pal :)
@ 88 thanks for the info...

Are fuls being issued?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 7th, 2022, 7:29 am

farmer said he issued some the other day when they supposedly opened back up

when you call or fill out the form they telling you 3-6 months to get a reply so go figure.
ppl say they answering the phones promptly though

I guess with these timeframes its only a matter of time before the new overworked cops in there start deciding which applications to push faster than other, would hate to think what the fees will be

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » September 7th, 2022, 9:17 am

pugboy wrote:farmer said he issued some the other day when they supposedly opened back up

when you call or fill out the form they telling you 3-6 months to get a reply so go figure.

I guess with these timeframes its only a matter of time before the new overworked cops in there start deciding which applications to push faster than other, would hate to think what the fees will be

Wasn't answering when I called a two months or so ago but went in and filled out the form. Now hearing about this 6 month thing, I was planning to go back in to get an update on the update :?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 7th, 2022, 9:24 am

start saving your money for fees
it’s only a matter of time
it’s in their genes

WestIndian424
Riding on 17's

Postby WestIndian424 » September 11th, 2022, 10:21 am

alfa wrote:
pugboy wrote:farmer said he issued some the other day when they supposedly opened back up

Wasn't answering when I called a two months or so ago but went in and filled out the form. Now hearing about this 6 month thing, I was planning to go back in to get an update on the update :?

Keep us posted when you get an update on the update

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » September 11th, 2022, 12:09 pm

Calor wrote:
alfa wrote:

For a person to discuss and make it known that they applied for FUL should get blanked. There are certain things you have to keep to yourselfs. Persons knowing you own a fire arm is a no no even if u own an air rifle

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 11th, 2022, 1:02 pm

Kickstart wrote:
Calor wrote:
alfa wrote:

For a person to discuss and make it known that they applied for FUL should get blanked. There are certain things you have to keep to yourselfs. Persons knowing you own a fire arm is a no no even if u own an air rifle

Not sure where you get that idea, but are you aware that this is an anonymous online forum?

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » September 11th, 2022, 1:10 pm

88sins wrote:
Kickstart wrote:
Calor wrote:
alfa wrote:

Not sure where you get that idea, but are you aware that this is an anonymous online forum?

Zoom thinks it's not apparently

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 11th, 2022, 2:32 pm

i see plenty vehicle with glock and sig stickers on back glass
havent seen any yet with pellet gun mfg though

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » September 11th, 2022, 2:35 pm

88sins wrote:
Kickstart wrote:
Calor wrote:
alfa wrote:

Nothing online is anonymous

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 11th, 2022, 2:49 pm

i dont feel bandit targeting legal gun owners, them bandit have easy access to guns

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 11th, 2022, 3:01 pm

So we can safely it would be accurate to say that you personally have precise and accurate information about Calor in regards to the following

His/her full name
His/her date of birth
His/her gender
His/her ID number
Residential and work address
Current location
How much money he/she has in the bank and at home and on their person currently
What firearm he/she applied for
Where he/she intends to keep it
How good/bad his/her social standing is
That he's committed criminal activity in the recent past
His/her security needs

And the list can go on and on and on and on, but you should have the idea of where this is going.

Stating on an anonymous forum where most users DON'T know you personally that you applied for something like a firearm, creates zero security risk to the firearm that a person don’t yet have, or the person as an individual.
At most it can be considered an indication that he/she may tell someone if/when he does get one, but if/when he does if he does tell someone what he has that's his business.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 11th, 2022, 3:06 pm

pugboy wrote:i dont feel bandit targeting legal gun owners, them bandit have easy access to guns

They prefer targets that provide the least resistance but who also have the most assets close at hand, and firearm holders have the capability to provide the most effective resistance.

Mr Gear
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Mr Gear » September 21st, 2022, 9:06 am

Type Rated
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Type Rated » September 23rd, 2022, 1:35 pm

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 23rd, 2022, 1:43 pm

how much dealers charging now to "process" ?

Type Rated wrote:https://www.facebook.com/161514243867265/posts/september-23rd-2022media-releaseacting-cop-jacob-firearms-permit-section-operati/5809357029082930/

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » September 23rd, 2022, 3:08 pm

GG like he write that article.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 23rd, 2022, 3:20 pm

Yet another useless announcement, from yet again another useless petty functionary. Talking about going to seek to get law changed so a card can be used instead of a booklet? That's the stupidity that he come up with.

Why he don't go and ask if the law can be changed to allow for a firearms board to be set up that would deal with the issuance and revocation of licenses, firearms data, etc, instead of the current jackassery system?

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » September 24th, 2022, 12:08 am

I mean old farmer Mac does talk some stupidness sometimes but he is right. The law does not cater for a firearm card. It explicitly states a ful 'booklet'.
Should he allow persons to contravene the law cause his predecessor circumvented it (despite it making sense) and making legal firearms holders susceptible to being charged. Or follow the letter of the law and seek to have the laws updated as he is doing prior to issuing the cards.

If you don't agree you hadda be a special breed of ignorant.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 24th, 2022, 5:45 am

farmer confidence real high this week, man taking credit for getting some young pennywise bandits

appear on tv twice in a week for over hour each time
why he doh talk about the home invasions in st anns and valsayn yesterday

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 24th, 2022, 6:46 am

rollingstock wrote:I mean old farmer Mac does talk some stupidness sometimes but he is right. The law does not cater for a firearm card. It explicitly states a ful 'booklet'.
Should he allow persons to contravene the law cause his predecessor circumvented it (despite it making sense) and making legal firearms holders susceptible to being charged. Or follow the letter of the law and seek to have the laws updated as he is doing prior to issuing the cards.

If you don't agree you hadda be a special breed of ignorant.

yes rs, the cards are an improvement and yes, the law doesn't allow for the use of them so he has to try to get the legislation amended to allow their use.
My point is, it have other things that are more important than these cards that need to be addressed concerning the issuance of FULs.

One such thing is this.
We all know what is required of an applicant. Must be over 25, CoC, psych eval, medical, eye test, etc and so on and so forth. But something that I'm rather sure the public would love to know and greatly appreciate, is a detailed statement listing what specific things would cause an application to be denied by the CoP even though they qualify in all other areas.
Because as it is now, nobody in the general public knows what would cause him to deny an application when it's placed in front of him, since the law leaves the decision entirely up to him and doesn't indicate any particular reasons for which he can deny an application.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 24th, 2022, 8:54 am

then you would be asking them to explain their actions
name a single entity in this country which does that

I always recall a beyond tape episode or more than one with gg and super sgt swanson extolling how easy it is to apply to get a firearm and inviting women esp to apply

88sins wrote:One such thing is this.
We all know what is required of an applicant. Must be over 25, CoC, psych eval, medical, eye test, etc and so on and so forth. But something that I'm rather sure the public would love to know and greatly appreciate, is a detailed statement listing what specific things would cause an application to be denied by the CoP even though they qualify in all other areas.
Because as it is now, nobody in the general public knows what would cause him to deny an application when it's placed in front of him, since the law leaves the decision entirely up to him and doesn't indicate any particular reasons for which he can deny an application.

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » September 24th, 2022, 9:01 am

Speaking of which there was a certain firearm dealer who was openly advertising a two for one special on consultation fees when you bring your spouse to apply for an ful as well lol.
pugboy wrote:then you would be asking them to explain their actions

I always recall a beyond tape episode or more than one with gg and super sgt swanson extolling how easy it is to apply to get a firearm and inviting women esp to apply

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 24th, 2022, 9:05 am

most were throwing in the shotgun/rifle variation for an extra 15k

alfa wrote:Speaking of which there was a certain firearm dealer who was openly advertising a two for one special on consultation fees when you bring your spouse to apply for an ful as well lol.
pugboy wrote:then you would be asking them to explain their actions

Wolfgang123
Street 2NR

Postby Wolfgang123 » October 20th, 2022, 7:59 pm

Good evening, did they start processing applications again?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » October 20th, 2022, 8:28 pm

Wolfgang123 wrote:Good evening, did they start processing applications again?

I believe so, I kno they looking at applications, investigating, interviewing, etc.
I heard it have some going out, and some going back in.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » October 20th, 2022, 8:44 pm

88sins wrote:
Wolfgang123 wrote:Good evening, did they start processing applications again?

I believe so, I kno they looking at applications, investigating, interviewing, etc.
I heard it have some going out, and some going back in.

A man say they holding back his 4th variation cuz gary sign it

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”