WiPay comes to T&T

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: WiPay comes to T&T

Postby The_Honourable » May 17th, 2021, 10:11 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:hear na
with things the way they are and me looking more into doing courier delivery for products to reduce customers coming into the store........

last 2-3 days i looking at wipay videos and their rules

today i go to sign up with them and i say let me just check tuner

and .......reading all this thing about people not receiving their money ......

what going on with them these days? they get reliable?

Sometime ago they were "investigating my funds" without my knowledge. When i attempted to withdraw a small sum and waiting weeks for my bank deposit is only then they notified me without giving specific details. The issue was actually on the purchaser end. When i sent them a threat of legal action, I received my funds within a week.

Customer service is generally ok. They can handle small and simple issues but when it comes to getting updates on cases that involves upper management, it's a pain. Promise to call you back and never will.

I will say that some issues is usually with the banks. They will have a query, take long to conclude while the blowback from customers is on wipay.

The founder has a good vision but operations needs to be reviewed.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » May 17th, 2021, 10:19 am

i cant take that risk if they unreliable yes
one week transactions could easily cross 100k and if them want to delay payment for all sort of flabbergastery..,..that is a big scene

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 13th, 2022, 3:47 pm

https://trinidadexpress.com/business/lo ... 4d4c2.html

Interesting how big they are getting considering how much people are complaining about their service locally.
Merchants using their platform lose from 2k to 10k to 70k and up with rhe.
Screenshot_20220113-154453_Chrome.jpg

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 13th, 2022, 5:47 pm

lose you say?
care to elaborate ?

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 13th, 2022, 5:51 pm

Its all over their reviews.

Someone who made a transfer to pay me 5k this morning with online banking was telling me why I don't use wipay. How they is one of the best options to accept credit cards online.

Alot of other online stores told me they bounce their head with them
Screenshot_20220113-095931_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220113-095951_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220113-095815_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220113-095919_Chrome.jpg

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 13th, 2022, 5:53 pm

Go on their fb page and read the reviews.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » January 13th, 2022, 8:51 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:https://trinidadexpress.com/business/local/wipay-ceo-launches-us-neobank/article_3b5d07e8-70e1-11ec-85ee-bbbefb04d4c2.html

Interesting how big they are getting considering how much people are complaining about their service locally.
Merchants using their platform lose from 2k to 10k to 70k and up with rhe.Screenshot_20220113-154453_Chrome.jpg

This guy is one fake ass scam artist. He idolises all those glamorous US startups, but is he barely technically literate, doesn't understand software development and outsources his projects to the lowest bidder to get a prototype into production that will inevitably fail. Their security is piss poor.

All he does is talk a big game but he's a revolting character due to his dishonestly.

WiPay stole $450 from me and up to now (over a year) it hasn't been returned, despite the amount of noise I made. In fact when I reversed the charge on the bank, WiPay had the audacity to actually respond promptly to the bank to say my order went through and was verified to be delivered by another local wannabe startup (planting freaking seeds), another group who is beyond incompetent.

I was so pissed with them both, I told the business I ordered through what happened and the guy felt so bad he gave me store credit for the $450 but I haven't used it yet and probably never will as he's a small business and Covid almost bankrupted him. He has since stopped using WiPay and Planting Seeds due to their unreliability.

Edit: I should elaborate what happened I paid on planting seeds for the product from a friend's bushes, money came out of my account, but got no confirmation email. Called Planting Seeds who said the order went through. They eventually delivered the order but the same day they delivered they called to say that order online never went through and I had to pay cash on delivery. I told them I saw the money leave me credit card, but they said they had no record and that it the charge didn't go through so I'd get a refund. I paid the cash on delivery and 1.5 years I later still waiting on that refund, even after countless calls and emails, noise on social media etc.
Last edited by Dohplaydat on January 13th, 2022, 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 13th, 2022, 9:03 pm

planting seeds is pure pie in the sky
that is place for anya at al
ppl who yet to be successful in business but giving all kinda talks like they have a long track record

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » January 13th, 2022, 9:13 pm

pugboy wrote:planting seeds is pure pie in the sky
that is place for anya at al
ppl who yet to be successful in business but giving all kinda talks like they have a long track record

Yea, it's basically businesses run by idiotic dreamers who are poor managers and can't get sheit done on their own. They are not true entrepreneurs, they are new age scam artists with media and political connections who trying to mammaguy their way to 'success'.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 13th, 2022, 9:19 pm

massy have she “coaching” wannabe entrepreneurs
yet she owing ppl all over the place

every year she getting ppl to sponsor her carnival dreams which come to zilch

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 13th, 2022, 10:39 pm

Imagine he get 20mil in investment though.

If on a smaller scale it have so much complaints about the company locally what gonna be the scene when they playing with people money internationally

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » January 13th, 2022, 10:50 pm

Other than wipay, what other online payment system exists for small businesses?

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » January 14th, 2022, 12:06 am

jhonnieblue wrote:Other than wipay, what other online payment system exists for small businesses?

wait it out for a bit...Linx is finalizing their new service which is essentially easy bank to bank transfer for the small man.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 14th, 2022, 5:01 am

yeah gerry hadeed/beacon insurance partnered with him also republic bank

gerry don’t take nonsense and neither would republic

and like he skate out and living foreign

Phone Surgeon wrote:Imagine he get 20mil in investment though.

If on a smaller scale it have so much complaints about the company locally what gonna be the scene when they playing with people money internationally

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » January 14th, 2022, 5:51 am

jhonnieblue wrote:Other than wipay, what other online payment system exists for small businesses?

That's the problem, our banks and financial system don't comply with many international regulations hence making it very very difficult to use 90% of credit card gateways.

The workarounds are using foreign banks and businesses to receive payment but that opens ups can of worms wrt to taxes.

Secondly, there is the option of PayPal but that has many limitations locally as well.

Stripe can be linked to local bank accounts but their fees are high.

WiPay circumvented this by using shady third party gateways that were very unreliable. They had no proper logging system in place and bypassed many security checks. They would never pass a first world audit.

They at least know this is an issue which is why they're probably trying to form a US bank or organisation to gain access to better gateways. I honestly not sure about the regulatory framework involved there.

All I know is my good friend works in a local bank that is affiliated with WiPay and he has nothing good to say about their system or their management.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 14th, 2022, 7:46 am

pugboy wrote:yeah gerry hadeed/beacon insurance partnered with him also republic bank

I mean he get 20mil usd investment abroad to do his neo bank.

Read the article I posted

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 14th, 2022, 7:53 am

when you doing work involving people money there is zero room for error.

Lot of times these gung ho startups need to know if they in deeper than they can handle.
And if they have been outsourcing the backend stuff it could be a real can of worms to fix.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 14th, 2022, 7:57 am

its pretty obvious he looking to hit the jackpot with somebody buying him out silicon valley style.

Phone Surgeon wrote:
pugboy wrote:yeah gerry hadeed/beacon insurance partnered with him also republic bank

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » January 14th, 2022, 8:02 am

It's not a bad move the bank in the US.

The diaspora is large enough to become a decent size, facilitate multiple types of transactions...as money continues to look for yield.

And as pug says someone will come and buy him out...maybe even RBL.

It's easier to buy a license than it is to get one.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 14th, 2022, 8:04 am

they already sink money with him in partnering

Redman wrote:And as pug says someone will come and buy him out...maybe even RBL.

It's easier to buy a license than it is to get one.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » January 14th, 2022, 8:37 am

pugboy wrote:its pretty obvious he looking to hit the jackpot with somebody buying him out silicon valley style.

Phone Surgeon wrote:

95% of startups fail, and that of that 5% that survive 3 years or so, maybe 15% get acquired and that's after a few rounds of funding.

He does not have a good rep among credible people, and while he might have a decent business idea and is riding on the fact that he is black, I don't foresee long-term success. It's a niche market he's going for in a very crowded space with tonnes more advanced competition.

He is career ideas man and money grabber, there are tonnes of them in the US. They just build hype and investors know that 1 in 100 of these hype men might actually create a successful company so they still invest.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » January 14th, 2022, 9:00 am

Alluh really shop on websites like plnting seeds etc?

The real entrepreneurs are the ones who hardly seek the spotlight but build highly successful businesses. Ppl like Ramps logistics etc. Ppl like Anya aint no entrepreneur. They just there to bamboozle ppl who doh know better.

Lmao

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » January 14th, 2022, 9:12 am

Yunno there is always a basic question in starts-ups- What problem is a new business going to solve?

In TT what is the specific market segment/niche area that Wipay fulfills?

Read this thread and I believe there was another a while back and TBH I can't say.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 14th, 2022, 9:27 am

Redress10 wrote:Alluh really shop on websites like plnting seeds etc?

The real entrepreneurs are the ones who hardly seek the spotlight but build highly successful businesses. Ppl like Ramps logistics etc. Ppl like Anya aint no entrepreneur. They just there to bamboozle ppl who doh know better.

Lmao
Alot of local merchants use planting seeds platform for their online sales.
It works for smaller companies but from.the time you need to do large transactions or withdrawals its problems to get your $$$

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » January 14th, 2022, 9:32 am

why this option rather than online banking e.g. transfer to 3rd party?

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » January 14th, 2022, 10:50 am

Dohplaydat wrote:

That's the problem, our banks and financial system don't comply with many international regulations hence making it very very difficult to use 90% of credit card gateways.

The workarounds are using foreign banks and businesses to receive payment but that opens ups can of worms wrt to taxes.

Secondly, there is the option of PayPal but that has many limitations locally as well.

Stripe can be linked to local bank accounts but their fees are high.

WiPay circumvented this by using shady third party gateways that were very unreliable. They had no proper logging system in place and bypassed many security checks. They would never pass a first world audit.

They at least know this is an issue which is why they're probably trying to form a US bank or organisation to gain access to better gateways. I honestly not sure about the regulatory framework involved there.

All I know is my good friend works in a local bank that is affiliated with WiPay and he has nothing good to say about their system or their management.
While wipay has bad reviews for online payments, they set up for individual website was quiet easy. I'm doing one now and wipay was the easiest online option to add.
I'm looking for alternative ones but what gateways do websites like courts and stuff use?
I read of one fcb was working on but couldn't find any follow up info.

Regarding planting seeds a lot of people myself included used them for the online payment option. But they do take very long to pay out. You have to mentally note that it's going to be at least a month before you can get your money and then their delivery is terrible.

Basically I'm looking for any system to tie into woocommerce right now that facilities online payment locally

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 14th, 2022, 10:54 am

16 cycles wrote:why this option rather than online banking e.g. transfer to 3rd party?

i think the main point of it is to process credit cards and visa debit cards.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 14th, 2022, 10:55 am

having to wait atleast a month for your money is unacceptable

better you pay for a portable linx machine and go around processing payments on the spot if the customer doesn't want to come to the store

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » January 14th, 2022, 11:06 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:having to wait atleast a month for your money is unacceptable

better you pay for a portable linx machine and go around processing payments on the spot if the customer doesn't want to come to the store
Have that option. But having to visit every client is logistically impossible. Particularly when it's mutliple businesses being managed.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » January 14th, 2022, 11:15 am

My only experience with Wipay was during lockdowns I purchased some exercise equipment from a local website and the card processing was done via Wipay. I know there was a fee but can’t recall how much

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”