this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

teems1
punchin NOS

Re: WiPay comes to T&T

Postby teems1 » January 14th, 2022, 11:53 am

jhonnieblue wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
jhonnieblue wrote:Other than wipay, what other online payment system exists for small businesses?

That's the problem, our banks and financial system don't comply with many international regulations hence making it very very difficult to use 90% of credit card gateways.

The workarounds are using foreign banks and businesses to receive payment but that opens ups can of worms wrt to taxes.

Secondly, there is the option of PayPal but that has many limitations locally as well.

Stripe can be linked to local bank accounts but their fees are high.

WiPay circumvented this by using shady third party gateways that were very unreliable. They had no proper logging system in place and bypassed many security checks. They would never pass a first world audit.

They at least know this is an issue which is why they're probably trying to form a US bank or organisation to gain access to better gateways. I honestly not sure about the regulatory framework involved there.

All I know is my good friend works in a local bank that is affiliated with WiPay and he has nothing good to say about their system or their management.
While wipay has bad reviews for online payments, they set up for individual website was quiet easy. I'm doing one now and wipay was the easiest online option to add.
I'm looking for alternative ones but what gateways do websites like courts and stuff use?
I read of one fcb was working on but couldn't find any follow up info.

Regarding planting seeds a lot of people myself included used them for the online payment option. But they do take very long to pay out. You have to mentally note that it's going to be at least a month before you can get your money and then their delivery is terrible.

Basically I'm looking for any system to tie into woocommerce right now that facilities online payment locally

Most legit companies in TT use First Atlantic Commerce to handle their online payments.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 14th, 2022, 12:09 pm

first atlantic is local?

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » January 14th, 2022, 12:29 pm

pugboy wrote:first atlantic is local?

Bermuda

But they work with the big 4 banks in Trinidad.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » January 14th, 2022, 12:36 pm

First Atlantic is great.

There is a market for what WiPay wants to offer, online banks like revolut and many others are huge billion dollar companies, but ofc this takes lots of money and resources and they're already first to market in the US.

But I had high hopes for WiPay but they've tarnished a lot of the good reputation they had initially.

I had a few meetings with their CEO long time ago and I always find he seemed a bit....I dunno very disingenuous, and talked a lot BS, and being a bit of a know if all. So it's no surprise to me that WiPay messed up, and stole many people's money including myself.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » January 14th, 2022, 12:59 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:First Atlantic is great.

There is a market for what WiPay wants to offer, online banks like revolut and many others are huge billion dollar companies, but ofc this takes lots of money and resources and they're already first to market in the US.

But I had high hopes for WiPay but they've tarnished a lot of the good reputation they had initially.

I had a few meetings with their CEO long time ago and I always find he seemed a bit....I dunno very disingenuous, and talked a lot BS, and being a bit of a know if all. So it's no surprise to me that WiPay messed up, and stole many people's money including myself.

Apparently you do not chill with any big boys intellectually :D

You call Tony a dreamer etc etc. This is how progress is made in business .

It's a risk , it's a shot into the future , it's for venture capitalists .

Some say BS and some say vision :roll:

Tell us you own house in Miami and have people knocking on your door who gave you $20 M USD.

Or own a Bank.

If not wait for " the buy out " by more experienced technocrat businessmen in venture capitalist environment .

Meanwhile you can surely populate Tuner with graphs to amuse and educate Tuners :D

Tuner is amusement !

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » January 14th, 2022, 1:41 pm

RedVEVO wrote:

Tell us you own house in Miami and have people knocking on your door who gave you $20 M USD.

Or own a Bank.

If not wait for " the buy out " by more experienced technocrat businessmen in venture capitalist environment .

Meanwhile you can surely populate Tuner with graphs to amuse and educate Tuners :D

Tuner is amusement !

I don't disagree with some of what you're saying. I just don't like their WiPay product, it's not secure, not properly developed and they stole my money and apparently lots of others as well.

I think I'm allowed to bash someone like that, especially when his media coverage paints a completely different picture. That alone will piss you off.

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » January 14th, 2022, 6:35 pm

RedVEVO wrote:

Or own a Bank.

Tuner is amusement !
He can be both a visionary and also lacking the ability to produce a working concept.

They are not mutually exclusive.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » January 15th, 2022, 3:49 am

teems1 wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:

Or own a Bank.

Tuner is amusement !
He can be both a visionary and also lacking the ability to produce a working concept.

They are not mutually exclusive.

Vision and working concept or non-working actually is the issue :D

Regardless - there are 2 opposites with Trini Business Mindset and Business International MindSet - in general .

Tony's vision is international - his market segment is well defined - Caribbean peeps , students etc.

Nobody just hands you $20 M -$136 M (TT) - in international for BS.

So in essence he has already succeeded by Trini standards . What he will do mostly likely is wait for someone to move the biz to the next level. Example: KFC - The first KFC was in a shared gas station

Trini business is small mining in comparison with only vision of family and then family confusion and then death of the vision when the visionary dies . Examples: Toyota Trinidad and (Ram) Kirpalani.

Tuner could move to another level with new music . Meanwhile we will just have to hear ........

Live your life !

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”