Forums

Canadian Visa

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

macd
Street 2NR

Re: Canadian Visa

Postby macd » July 28th, 2019, 6:25 pm

I got my Us Visa already and I intend to travel in September to Canada and prices are sky rocketing lol why are they taking so long lol
SR wrote:Yup just wait....

They do background checks on you and share info with the US

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » July 28th, 2019, 7:09 pm

My wife wants to take her nephew and neice to Canada . They got visas in two weeks with no problems. They are both under 16. School children, no ties here no bank account. I didn't believe they would have gotten through so easily.

macd
Street 2NR

Postby macd » July 28th, 2019, 7:59 pm

Is that 2 week the time from submitting online or when the biometrics was done?
rspann wrote:My wife wants to take her nephew and neice to Canada . They got visas in two weeks with no problems. They are both under 16. School children, no ties here no bank account. I didn't believe they would have gotten through so easily.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » July 28th, 2019, 8:46 pm

I was thinking it was two weeks, she now telling me it was nine days from when they did the submission of the documents and biometrics. when they went in to drop off the docs, they did the photos and fingerprints the same time. They dropped off on the 10th and she got the email to collect on the 19th.

macd
Street 2NR

Postby macd » July 28th, 2019, 9:30 pm

Jah bai I getting worried now. Lol
rspann wrote:I was thinking it was two weeks, she now telling me it was nine days from when they did the submission of the documents and biometrics. when they went in to drop off the docs, they did the photos and fingerprints the same time. They dropped off on the 10th and she got the email to collect on the 19th.

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » August 6th, 2019, 3:00 pm

I assisted someone with an application recently...the process was relatively quick IMO.

Did everything online on Saturday 27th July 2019 (they didnt even ask to drop in any documents / photos throughout the entire process).

here are the response times :

visa.JPG

The 'document status' (blacked out area) was updated today (6th August 2019) with the details of the visa including expiration date and an email from VSFGlobal said the passport is en route to the VAC in Woodbrook from the embassy....no messages to pick up as yet (probably later or tomorrow).

edit: They got an email stating that their package was transported from the Embassy to the VAC (6th August 2019) but no notification that it was ready for pickup.
They called the VAC (224-3099) and they said it was ready: 7th August 2019

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » October 30th, 2019, 8:44 pm

if i'm simply travelling through a Canadian airport to another country do i need a visa? and what does this transit visa cost compared to a visitors visa?

abbow
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abbow » October 30th, 2019, 9:39 pm

i think you need the following - eTA , cost is $7 CAD

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-re ... a/eta.html

Bad Dog
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Bad Dog » October 31st, 2019, 11:01 am

redmanjp wrote:if i'm simply travelling through a Canadian airport to another country do i need a visa? and what does this transit visa cost compared to a visitors visa?

You do not need a visa if you are in-transit awaiting a connecting flight. You'll be within the confines of the airport and do not have to go through immigration or customs.

unimatrix-001
Street 2NR

Postby unimatrix-001 » October 31st, 2019, 11:29 am

Bad Dog wrote:
redmanjp wrote:if i'm simply travelling through a Canadian airport to another country do i need a visa? and what does this transit visa cost compared to a visitors visa?

You do not need a visa if you are in-transit awaiting a connecting flight. You'll be within the confines of the airport and do not have to go through immigration or customs.

In Canada and the US you need to go through immigration and customs...even for transit...even if you never leave the airport. You will need at minimum a transit visa:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-re ... ility.html

You need a transit visa if you’re from a visa-required country and:
  • your international flight stops at a Canadian airport on its way to another country
  • you’ll be connecting between 2 international flights at a Canadian airport
  • you’ll transit through Canada in 48 hours or less
  • you don’t have a valid visitor visa

Trinidad and Tobago is a visa-required country

Bad Dog
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Bad Dog » October 31st, 2019, 12:37 pm

unimatrix-001 wrote:
Bad Dog wrote:

In Canada and the US you need to go through immigration and customs...even for transit...even if you never leave the airport. You will need at minimum a transit visa:

• your international flight stops at a Canadian airport on its way to another country

Good to know. I did not know that (as a visa-required country) you would need an in-transit visa. Thank You.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » October 31st, 2019, 2:58 pm

Bad Dog wrote:
unimatrix-001 wrote:
Bad Dog wrote:

Good to know. I did not know that (as a visa-required country) you would need an in-transit visa. Thank You.

hmm like yuh woulda geh ketch in canada hoss

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » October 31st, 2019, 3:15 pm

waiz d likelihood of gettin a visa (Work, visit or permanent) to go Canada and USA if you have an ongoing court matters?
Are things like that or previous convictions actually checked?

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » November 1st, 2019, 4:31 am

depends on what kinda court matters...

traffic offences or other?

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » November 1st, 2019, 8:01 am

daxt0r wrote:waiz d likelihood of gettin a visa (Work, visit or permanent) to go Canada and USA if you have an ongoing court matters?
Are things like that or previous convictions actually checked?

Prior convictions are typically checked.

Travelling to America with a criminal record

Important note: All convictions must be declared, and all answers to the related ESTA / Visa application questions must be honest and truthful. Failing to do so will lead to severe consequences should a U.S. immigration officer determine that you have committed fraud by failing to declare any past arrests or convictions. Should you decide to omit/skip this information, substantial penalties and legal action will follow.

If you are from a country, such as the United Kingdom, where the law allows to avoid full disclosure of some criminal convictions, note that making a visa or an ESTA application for the United States waves all such rights. During the application process, it is required of all applicants to disclose any past and/or present criminal information fully.

Those who are applying for a tourist visa for the USA will go through the official interview stage. Should you have a criminal record, you will be required to show official documentation related to the conviction, during the interview process.

[URL]https://www.estavisaus.org/news/american-visa-criminal-record
[/URL]

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » November 1st, 2019, 2:58 pm

na normal first court thing na i doh consider second court to be court lol, daiz ah joke for traffic ticket and maintenance men.
So does that mean having one would mean i would be denied a visa? I really don't wanna waste d money an apply if ah know is ah sure fail na.

Engi
Riding on 13's

Postby Engi » May 30th, 2022, 8:25 pm

Anyone has any knowledge on whether they are giving Canadian Tourist Visas right now? I was lucky to get my US visa before all the appointments got booked up till 2023. Anyone know how the appointments looking for the Canadian Visa process?

jsm1985
Sweet on this forum

Postby jsm1985 » August 14th, 2022, 8:10 pm

Engi wrote:Anyone has any knowledge on whether they are giving Canadian Tourist Visas right now? I was lucky to get my US visa before all the appointments got booked up till 2023. Anyone know how the appointments looking for the Canadian Visa process?

Just applied today, got the biometrics letter 2 hours later. Biometrics collection scheduled for this Tuesday Aug 16.

Anyone has any idea how long it takes from this point? The estimated processing time on the website says 56 days, but hoping actual times are shorter.

abbow
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abbow » August 15th, 2022, 1:35 am

wait is long....i applied since April, biometrics was done end of May bc i got CoV just after i applied.
Still waiting, application keeps saying processing. I emailed them and they said they working with a backlog basically.

unimatrix-001
Street 2NR

Postby unimatrix-001 » August 15th, 2022, 9:51 am

abbow wrote:wait is long....i applied since April, biometrics was done end of May bc i got CoV just after i applied.
Still waiting, application keeps saying processing. I emailed them and they said they working with a backlog basically.

Backlog is correct. Current red (Canada Liberal) government takin a page from our red government...[in honour of zoom]

Unions that represent workers at Passport Canada and Service Canada centres across the country say they asked the federal government to beef up staffing in anticipation of a summer surge in passport applications and renewals that has now materialized, causing passport offices to become overwhelmed.
“We knew that there would be significant pressure on resources that we did not have. So even over a year ago, we started demanding that the employer hire more passport officers.”

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » August 18th, 2022, 7:20 pm

Screenshot_20220818-191822_Facebook.jpg

jsm1985
Sweet on this forum

Postby jsm1985 » August 24th, 2022, 1:44 pm

Applied online on Aug 14, called in to submit biometrics on Aug 16, awaiting confirmation on when to submit passport.

jsm1985
Sweet on this forum

Postby jsm1985 » September 25th, 2022, 5:29 pm

jsm1985 wrote:Applied online on Aug 14, called in to submit biometrics on Aug 16, awaiting confirmation on when to submit passport.

Still waiting on go ahead to send in my passport...

leavingforgood
Street 2NR

Postby leavingforgood » September 26th, 2022, 11:26 am

jsm1985 wrote:
jsm1985 wrote:Applied online on Aug 14, called in to submit biometrics on Aug 16, awaiting confirmation on when to submit passport.

Thanks for this update.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » October 18th, 2022, 10:13 am

Screenshot_20221018-101139_Facebook.jpg

jsm1985
Sweet on this forum

Postby jsm1985 » October 18th, 2022, 10:41 am

K74T wrote:
Screenshot_20221018-101139_Facebook.jpg

Seems about right - submitted application/ biometrics on Aug 14/16 and haven't heard any updates since.

foss
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby foss » October 20th, 2022, 11:52 am

jsm1985 wrote:
K74T wrote:Screenshot_20221018-101139_Facebook.jpg

Seems about right - submitted application/ biometrics on Aug 14/16 and haven't heard any updates since.

I did Biometrics in May.. got confirmation last week to drop off passport.

So basically 6mths wait time...

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » October 20th, 2022, 2:04 pm

Did mine in June so I should be coming up shortly then.

frydry
Ricer

Postby frydry » October 20th, 2022, 2:15 pm

abbow wrote:wait is long....i applied since April, biometrics was done end of May bc i got CoV just after i applied.

Applied since May for child who already has US Visa and it still says processing on the account.

The US process was alot faster and structured.

jsm1985
Sweet on this forum

Postby jsm1985 » November 3rd, 2022, 8:55 pm

jsm1985 wrote:

Got email to send in passport to Visa Application Center on October 25. Carried it in today, Nov 3. Waiting to see when I can collect passport with Visa.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”