New Trinidad Traffic Fines + Demerit + Fixed Penalty System

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Re: New Trinidad Traffic Fines + Demerit + Fixed Penalty System

Postby Kenjo » September 14th, 2020, 7:47 pm

88sins wrote:
screwbash wrote:how much to inspect a car ? if you fail do they give time to fix the issues or you have to fix an then pay again to inspect the car?

$300 to inspect, if you fail they let you know why, you go fix all that was defective and come back pay yuh 300 again and inspect and pass.
However long it takes and the cost for you to fix what was wrong is up to you.

It's a motivation to make you want to keep your vehicle in good working order and fix any significant problems as soon as they start. For example, if you have a oil leak, busted engine mounts, sketchy wiring and bad shocks, you would feel the hurt in your pocket less if you fixed them each individually as they arose than if you wait and have to fix them all at the same time.

Only thing incorrect is you don’t pay another $300 after you do the corrections within the stipulated time period . They reinspect and if you are good to go then that’s it

killercow
Riding on 17's

Postby killercow » September 15th, 2020, 1:32 pm

Kenjo wrote:
88sins wrote:
screwbash wrote:how much to inspect a car ? if you fail do they give time to fix the issues or you have to fix an then pay again to inspect the car?

$300 to inspect, if you fail they let you know why, you go fix all that was defective and come back pay yuh 300 again and inspect and pass.

It's a motivation to make you want to keep your vehicle in good working order and fix any significant problems as soon as they start. For example, if you have a oil leak, busted engine mounts, sketchy wiring and bad shocks, you would feel the hurt in your pocket less if you fixed them each individually as they arose than if you wait and have to fix them all at the same time.

Only thing incorrect is you don’t pay another $300 after you do the corrections within the stipulated time period . They reinspect and if you are good to go then that’s it
An make sure an engine + underwash prior to going. Had a couple times I was turned back because meh engine and under d van was 'dutty'..

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » September 27th, 2020, 6:57 pm

Guys,

Was just doing some cleaning of old docs and bills and found something I hope someone can clarify.
I received a traffic ticket on Sep 24th last year. My wife paid it for me on Oct 8th at Tunapuna Magistrates Court.
On the receipt of pmnt they made a mistake with the # plate putting PDHXXXX instead of PDJXXXX.

Does this make a difference or is the ticket counted as paid?

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » September 27th, 2020, 8:27 pm

Go back to the TMC and speak to one of the clerks as they would be in a better position to advise you. You don’t want to be battling with any ambiguity on top of your question. Good luck...

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » September 27th, 2020, 11:33 pm

killercow wrote:
Kenjo wrote:
88sins wrote:

An make sure an engine + underwash prior to going. Had a couple times I was turned back because meh engine and under d van was 'dutty'..

OK - so your inspection expires and you go to get inspected. You pay your $300 and they find something wrong that prevents you from getting the certificate and sticker, and you have to get it sorted out and return for them to verify it has been fixed before you get your certificate and sticker.

However, during that period between (a) when they tell you what has to be fixed and (b) when you return with the repairs for them to verify, if you get stopped by TTPS/Licensing, while taking the car for repairs, can they charge you for driving without valid inspection?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 28th, 2020, 5:18 am

dredman1 wrote:
killercow wrote:
Kenjo wrote:
88sins wrote:

OK - so your inspection expires and you go to get inspected. You pay your $300 and they find something wrong that prevents you from getting the certificate and sticker, and you have to get it sorted out and return for them to verify it has been fixed before you get your certificate and sticker.

However, during that period between (a) when they tell you what has to be fixed and (b) when you return with the repairs for them to verify, if you get stopped by TTPS/Licensing, while taking the car for repairs, can they charge you for driving without valid inspection?

Legally, yes they can
But they can use some discretion, so if you explain that to them & show them evidence that you just had the car inspected & failed and you are on the way to have the necessary repairs done (for example, you have the parts in the vehicle) they would likley not look too poorly on you & charge you for driving w/o a cert or sticker.

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » September 28th, 2020, 5:33 pm

Thanks

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » September 29th, 2020, 2:04 pm

sMASH wrote:
88sins wrote:

last inspection i did in LO was lights, wiper, horn, brake and e brake. less than a minute interaction over the pit.

do they check dashboard lights too? oil light not coming on when the key is in the 'on' position before starting

also i have 2 chips on the windscreen each about an inch or less wide - would they fail for that?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 29th, 2020, 2:35 pm

redmanjp wrote:
sMASH wrote:
88sins wrote:

last inspection i did in LO was lights, wiper, horn, brake and e brake. less than a minute interaction over the pit.

do they check dashboard lights too? oil light not coming on when the key is in the 'on' position before starting

also i have 2 chips on the windscreen each about an inch or less wide - would they fail for that?

well, when i went privately, there were no checks of the dash board. cause then they would see that my mileage not changing, on the b13.

hoss, i dont know what is the procedure, i just stating my experience.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » September 29th, 2020, 3:10 pm

I don’t think they check the dashboard . Either way if the dashboard light is due to low fluids or other obvious things they might just see it on inspection

dredman1
Riding on 18's

New Trinidad Traffic Fines + Demerit + Fixed Penalty System

Postby dredman1 » September 29th, 2020, 4:13 pm

redmanjp wrote:
sMASH wrote:
88sins wrote:

I inspected today and they didn't check anything on the dashboard. The inspector didn't even sit in the car. He actually asked me to read out the milage for him, and to roll all windows down and up.

He also didn't do any detail inspection of my windscreen and I have a small star chip in it (not sure if he may have glanced it over in walking around the car, but the chip not noticeable unless you really look for it)

But I think each inspector has their own methods, and might even operate differently depending on the visual condition/age of the car). Can't remember if "Windscreen" is actually one of the items to check off on the inspection list, but I know LO sometimes charge you if your windscreen has a crack in it if you get stop in a road block (although this also seems to be at some level of discretion).

EDIT: Just checked the inspection form and vehicle glass (including windscreen) is one of the items listed for checking the condition of.

killercow
Riding on 17's

Postby killercow » September 30th, 2020, 6:01 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:Guys,

Was just doing some cleaning of old docs and bills and found something I hope someone can clarify.
I received a traffic ticket on Sep 24th last year. My wife paid it for me on Oct 8th at Tunapuna Magistrates Court.
On the receipt of pmnt they made a mistake with the # plate putting PDHXXXX instead of PDJXXXX.

Once it was paid on time an yuh have yuh receipt yuh good. They'll have a copy of it being marked as paid and it'll have a unique ticket # which will match.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » September 30th, 2020, 6:54 pm

Thanks.
killercow wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:Guys,

Once it was paid on time an yuh have yuh receipt yuh good. They'll have a copy of it being marked as paid and it'll have a unique ticket # which will match.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 30th, 2020, 10:12 pm

L.O. seems to be cracking down on lifted offroad styled pickups, deeming the mods "unauthorized". One guy got braced and let off with a warning, another had his inspection sticker revoked :shock:

make meh care
Trinituner Peong

Postby make meh care » November 5th, 2020, 12:03 pm

i have noticed recently they are stopping vehicles and doing routine checks and taking your info.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » November 5th, 2020, 12:53 pm

De Dragon wrote:L.O. seems to be cracking down on lifted offroad styled pickups, deeming the mods "unauthorized". One guy got braced and let off with a warning, another had his inspection sticker revoked :shock:

They can revoke an inspection sticker entirely? I mean obviously they can charge you for an offense based on vehicle condition/ modification but didn’t know they could revoke your entire inspection on the road.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » November 5th, 2020, 4:28 pm

j.o.e wrote:
De Dragon wrote:L.O. seems to be cracking down on lifted offroad styled pickups, deeming the mods "unauthorized". One guy got braced and let off with a warning, another had his inspection sticker revoked :shock:

They can revoke an inspection sticker entirely? I mean obviously they can charge you for an offense based on vehicle condition/ modification but didn’t know they could revoke your entire inspection on the road.

Someone could go for inspection in December as stock and put in a lift kit in January not so ?

Police has monitoring with routine questions such as physical description going on for years now

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » November 5th, 2020, 4:31 pm

Kenjo wrote:
j.o.e wrote:

Someone could go for inspection in December as stock and put in a lift kit in January not so ?

Police has monitoring with routine questions such as physical description going on for years now

How do you revoke a inspection though ? That’s my question. You can be inspected but still get charged for the particular offence. Revoking of inspection I’m not familiar with

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » November 5th, 2020, 5:20 pm

j.o.e wrote:
Kenjo wrote:
j.o.e wrote:

How do you revoke a inspection though ? That’s my question. You can be inspected but still get charged for the particular offence. Revoking of inspection I’m not familiar with

That;s what the "revokee" said in the brief convo with another person here in work, I'll try to get some more details.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » November 5th, 2020, 5:45 pm

They have the power to impound your vehicle so why can’t they revoke the inspection until the corrections are made

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » November 6th, 2020, 7:48 am

Kenjo wrote:They have the power to impound your vehicle so why can’t they revoke the inspection until the corrections are made

Correct. I've heard stories of people refusing to comply with orders from LOs who ended up having their cars impounded for 'further investigation', which ended up running for a couple of years... :?

I'm results-based though, so I like to ask why a lot. We live in a country with terrible roads and where flooding is becoming more and more prevalent. If a moderate (3-6 inch) lift is installed properly, why the issue? Safety concerns? Engineering concerns? Pray tell.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » November 6th, 2020, 7:56 am

Joshie23 wrote:
Kenjo wrote:They have the power to impound your vehicle so why can’t they revoke the inspection until the corrections are made

Correct. I've heard stories of people refusing to comply with orders from LOs who ended up having their cars impounded for 'further investigation', which ended up running for a couple of years... :?

I'm results-based though, so I like to ask why a lot. We live in a country with terrible roads and where flooding is becoming more and more prevalent. If a moderate (3-6 inch) lift is installed properly, why the issue? Safety concerns? Engineering concerns? Pray tell.

I assume it must have some channel through the licensing commissioner too , I feel men probably get through with exemptions but it’s just to let the process be known. Once measures like you driving on regular road and you aren’t sending out a set of mud and pebbles to break other peoples windshield it must have a way

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » November 6th, 2020, 11:40 am

Kenjo wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:

I assume it must have some channel through the licensing commissioner too , I feel men probably get through with exemptions but it’s just to let the process be known. (1) Once measures like you driving on regular road and you aren’t sending out a set of mud and pebbles to break other peoples windshield it must have a way (2)

(1) So it's really as simple as requesting an exemption? That sounds interesting. I try to be impartial, because I know there are ridiculous and unreasonable law enforcement personnel but I also know how Trinis tell a story..glad to know that there is a channel. The next question is, on what grounds would you be granted an exemption? Which brings me to..

(2) Stones on windscreens, mud, etc. are a real concern, I can respect that, but we have vehicles that have a much higher ride height that consistently present this threat.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » November 6th, 2020, 12:57 pm

Joshie23 wrote:

Because the big sawatees don't feel the financial and other pain in their taxpayer funded vehicles. Sheit happens to your Ministry Prado? Fack it, pull out a next one, let VMCOTT sort out that sheit.

mitsutt
Trinituner Peong

Postby mitsutt » November 24th, 2020, 9:01 pm

Question
If the passenger in the front seat is over 18 and not wearing the seatbelt who gets the ticket, the driver or passenger?
What does the law state about this ?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 24th, 2020, 10:01 pm

mitsutt wrote:Question
If the passenger in the front seat is over 18 and not wearing the seatbelt who gets the ticket, the driver or passenger?

Iirc, both driver and passenger can becharged, and the age is for all passengers older than 17, not 18. Go hadda double check that tho.

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » November 25th, 2020, 5:27 am

Both can and the machine caters for the offender to be given a ticket even without a dp

mitsutt
Trinituner Peong

Postby mitsutt » November 25th, 2020, 9:10 am

hustla_ambition101 wrote:
Both can and the machine caters for the offender to be given a ticket even without a dp

So who decides who gets the ticket ?

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » November 25th, 2020, 10:35 am

Police finally hiding at intersections and handing out tickets where people flying up the wrong side and sticking in dangerously at the top !!! saw one get a good ticket this morning at morvant junction! Love it!

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 25th, 2020, 11:21 am

Ben_spanna wrote:Police finally hiding at intersections and handing out tickets where people flying up the wrong side and sticking in dangerously at the top !!! saw one get a good ticket this morning at morvant junction! Love it!
Policing for profit

Yet still red Goverment crime wave continues

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”