LOOKING TO PURCHASE LAND

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

sinister_14
3NE 2NR for life

Re: LOOKING TO PURCHASE LAND

Postby sinister_14 » January 20th, 2019, 4:01 pm

sinister_14 wrote:
sinister_14 wrote:Anyone have land in marabella?
???
Anthing in gopaul lands for sale?

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » January 20th, 2019, 4:15 pm

1 lot in rabita ave mayaro...if anyone interested pm meh

Melchizedek
Street 2NR

Postby Melchizedek » January 23rd, 2019, 10:02 pm

anything in the northwest?

TurboSingh12
Riding on 16's

Postby TurboSingh12 » January 24th, 2019, 9:27 am

Melchizedek wrote:anything in the northwest?

Check the beetham

Melchizedek
Street 2NR

Postby Melchizedek » January 24th, 2019, 7:33 pm

wastewater project take up all the lots

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » January 25th, 2019, 6:24 am

Ttmf have some lots in laventille

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » January 25th, 2019, 6:49 am

I have a lot in malick to sell

Pm if interested

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 25th, 2019, 10:28 am

brentwood have lots for sale

1.8 -2mil lol

Melchizedek
Street 2NR

Postby Melchizedek » January 25th, 2019, 8:13 pm

Thanks fellas. Looking to move closer to my office in the City. A fixer upper or lot of land in a "safe zone" would be perfect but mostly seeing apartments and townhouses, my last resort. Was looking at the maraval, woodbrook, st james, diego martin, etc areas. The properties on ttmf are a bit underwhelming...

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » January 25th, 2019, 8:37 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:brentwood have lots for sale

1.8 -2mil lol

How big are those parcels?

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 25th, 2019, 8:43 pm

ProtonPowder wrote:

1.8 -2mil lol

One lot. I went and see some houses yesterday. 3.5mil to 5.2mil

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » January 25th, 2019, 11:37 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:
ProtonPowder wrote:

1.8 -2mil lol

One lot. I went and see some houses yesterday. 3.5mil to 5.2mil

I guessing this is through a big name realtor? Those prices are absolutely mad, you could get palmiste land for about half that price rn.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 26th, 2019, 6:05 am

No. Thats through a single owner who had 3 houses for sale. Going price for land inside brentwood is 1.8mil to 2mil

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » January 28th, 2019, 8:56 pm

Brentwood not that bad. Gated area.

Have some nice ac installs in there. Saw some carrier units. Well put together.

I cant stand the quietness and need to conform though. My exhaust will wake everyone on the block, didnt see any garages at any houses and I like my slam. Cant be driving around sounding like thunder in there.

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » December 2nd, 2021, 9:34 am

How does one acquire land to build a house on Monos/Gasparee island?Recently took a fishing trip in the north and it got me wondering as I've never heard of anyone selling land there but there seems to be more houses being built on the islands.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » December 2nd, 2021, 10:07 am

supercharged turbo wrote:How does one acquire land to build a house on Monos/Gasparee island?Recently took a fishing trip in the north and it got me wondering as I've never heard of anyone selling land there but there seems to be more houses being built on the islands.

Houses and the land come up for sale now and then...put feelers out in the yacht clubs in Chag.

Ive seen DDI houses advertised on the local real estate sites -few and far between.

A good spot on Monos is world class...Good Luck!!

travis_sts
Riding on 13's

Postby travis_sts » December 7th, 2021, 1:13 pm

Good Day Guys,

Got a couple lots for sale, Claxton Bay area.
Approx. 200ft from main road, has road access
Not T&C approved, Freehold land
1st Lot $200,000
2nd Lot $220,000 (1.25 lots) corner plot.

Prices can be slightly negotiable upon viewing.
Call if interested
487-1809
Travis

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » December 7th, 2021, 5:49 pm

Be very careful when purchasing land, especially these unapproved parcels.

http://newsday.co.tt/2021/12/06/judge-r ... and-sales/
NEWS
Judge raises concerns over attorney conflict in land sales
JADA LOUTOO

A HIGH COURT judge has ordered a Port of Spain law firm and one of its attorneys to bear all the costs associated with getting a valuation done on a piece of land in central Trinidad.

When the valuation is completed, the firm and the attorney will also have to pay any difference between what policewoman paid for the land and its value in its current state.

Justice Frank Seepersad made the order on Monday, in a claim by Nerisa Garrette against Scotiabank, attorney Tiffany Oliver, the firm Fitzwilliam Stone Furness-Smith and Morgan, and Dickey Seepersad, the vendor for the land in Longdenville.

Seepersad dismissed the claim against the bank and Seepersad, but held the lawyer and the law firm owed a duty of care to Garrette and the bank in the land-sale transaction.

In 2015, Garette saw an advertisement for the sale of land on the bank’s noticeboard. She made inquiries and was directed to Seepersad, the vendor of the land.

A site visit was done and she arranged with the bank to buy the land and was sent to the law firm, which was on the bank’s panel of attorneys.

Garette subsequently paid fees, signed instructions, and by September that year, a deed of conveyance and a deed of mortgage were executed, prepared by Oliver.

By March the next year, after she spent money on a building plan for her home, Garrette was told the land had no approval, as the parcel she wanted to buy was part of a larger parcel that did not have the requisite approval for sub-division.

Garrette no longer wants the land, but sought to recover the money she has already spent.

In his ruling, Seepersad said the attorney and the firm had to confirm the title of the property and ensure all the necessary statutory approvals were in place to facilitate the construction of a house and to ensure the marketability of the land was not adversely affected by the absence of statutory approvals.

He found, based on the evidence, that Oliver and the law firm acted on behalf of both Garrette and the bank, rejecting the firm’s claims that the buyer was not its client or Oliver’s.

He said that position was “disappointing,” as attorneys who are on the panel of financial institutions enjoyed “lucrative positions of privilege.”

“They often get significant work to prepare both the conveyance and the mortgage when customers elect to buy property.”

He said the option of a potential purchaser to use the bank’s attorneys was often more convenient and attracted discounts on mortgage fees when one attorney did both the conveyancing and the mortgage.

But he said the law firm’s position “should cause alarm bells to ring in the minds of those bank customers who elect to use their services to prepare their conveyances when their acquisition is to be secured by way of a mortgage.”

He said given that the firm held the view it acted primarily on behalf of the bank and not Garrette, the warning of “buyer beware” “should resonate in the minds of those who are similarly circumstanced to the claimant” and choose to use a financial institution’s attorneys.

“The position adopted by the third defendant poignantly highlights the conflict of interest which frequently arises when the attorneys on the banks’ panels deal with both the conveyance and the mortgage as it appears that with complete disregard for the provisions of the Legal Profession Act Chap 90:03, it is more convenient to sacrifice the individual purchaser so as to preserve the lucrative relations with the financial institutions.”

Garrette was represented by attorneys Cedric and Auldric Neptune. The bank was represented by Farees Hosein and Tanya Rowley.

Oliver was unrepresented and the law firm was represented by attorney Christopher Sieuchand.

travis_sts
Riding on 13's

Postby travis_sts » December 8th, 2021, 10:10 am

That's why financial institutions don't give mortgages to purchase unapproved plots. (hence the price is much lower than approved ones)
There are many individuals proposing to sell "approved" lots when they are really not approved or still in the process of being. Buyers MUST always ensure all documentation are accurate before purchasing.
Unapproved lots are normally sold to cash buyers who use the land for agricultural use, build house cash or go through the process of getting it T&C approved themselves.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”