this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

drchaos
punchin NOS

Re: Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

Postby drchaos » August 20th, 2018, 8:41 am

Jonathan wrote:
drchaos wrote:
Les Bain wrote:Forgive me if the question dumb but my only experience with hybrids is the Prius in Gran Turismo 4.

Are hybrids all a single forward gear or do some of them have a multigeared auto transmission like in conventional vehicles?

Depends on the hybrid set up

Honda insight, accord and odyssey hybrids and nissan e power going with a set up with no transmission. Engine charges the battery and battery runs the electric motor to power the car directly.

Hyundai ioniq, toyota prius, honda fit and vezel hybrid have multigear cvt's and DCT transmissions.

the full EVs have no tranny.

Note that the Prius only simulates a CVT. The "transmission" is two motors connected via planetary gear sets. They just spin at different speeds.

OHHH! So its a traditional automatic transmission with integrated motor and generator.
They could have just called it an automatic transmission like everyone else does ... Instead they have to be all fancy with their "e CVT" nonsense ...

Jonathan
Sweet on this forum

Postby Jonathan » August 20th, 2018, 10:22 am

drchaos wrote:OHHH! So its a traditional automatic transmission with integrated motor and generator.
They could have just called it an automatic transmission like everyone else does ... Instead they have to be all fancy with their "e CVT" nonsense ...

Not exactly. There are no clutches or torque converters or discreet gear ratios like in traditional auto trannys. It's an extremely simple setup. There are tons of YouTube videos that explain the Toyota Hybrid Synergy Drive. Check them out.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » August 22nd, 2018, 11:48 pm

Jonathan wrote:
drchaos wrote:OHHH! So its a traditional automatic transmission with integrated motor and generator.

Not exactly. There are no clutches or torque converters or gear ratios like in traditional auto trannys. It's an extremely simple setup. There are tons of YouTube videos that explain the Toyota Hybrid Synergy Drive. Check them out.

I see ... Has the planetary gear set but uses the motors as a sort of clutch

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » August 23rd, 2018, 8:14 am

the fully loaded full electric ioniq is like 280k

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » October 20th, 2018, 7:48 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:the fully loaded full electric ioniq is like 280k

I got an offer to buy a damaged one today for $ 60g. No airbags deployed. Just front bumper, fender and suspension. Right side only.

SidZ
Street 2NR

Postby SidZ » October 20th, 2018, 7:57 pm

Zee wrote:Hey guys,

Spent my afternoon into night reading this post.

Great info all around.

I'm currently considering buying an Ioniq.

I can relate to so many things said over the life of the post.

I had a A33 Cefiro with CNG. 100l tank. Yes it's a $14 fill up, but not worth the amount of trips to the pump. Also, most pumps would have issues when I had mine. They also changed the nozzle twice and both times I had to sink the cost. It was pointless to me and I took a loss to get rid of the car. There was a huge article in circulation about CNG not being the future with specific reference to the lack of infrastructure in Trinidad.

As for Toyota, I've owner a brand new Corolla from them and I did the 5k service interval. Caught them lying a few times well myself. Also, poor service when you really do ask for specific things to be addressed.

I also have a new model Civic from Classic/Ansa. The tech is far better than the Ioniq (went in to check one). And you cannot exceed 17" wheels without voiding the warranty. I asked about other things like using LED headlights etc. All shot down. Was told I would void my warranty. Got it all in writing in an email trail.

As for Hyundai, I can tell you that I've seen many many Elantras and Tuscons with horrible tint issues on the rear glass.

I can also agree that driving to maximize economy is a challenge I embrace fully. I do it with my Civic, trying to keep the car in eco mode at all times. No ac driving most times.

A note on the Niro, their warranty on the car and battery is only 3 years or 100,000 kms. Vs the 10 years you getting on the Ioniq.

So I was told that there were currently 5 Ioniqs at Massy that were parked up with undiagnosable issues. I was told they brought in someone to look into it and that person could not figure out the problems.

Can anyone here verify that info?

I have an Ioniq, bought it from the 1st shippment, just crossed 17000km. No issues, serviced 3 times so far at Massy in Diego. Was able to verify that oil filters were changed each time. Toyota and Honda are always a good buy but overpriced in T&T. I mostly do short runs so i get between 700 to 800km on 3/4 tank. When i do longer runs it improves, also confirmed buy other ioniq owners i know.

The Ioniq and Niro are the same mechanically. Verify the warranty on the battery, all hybrid vehicles usually have 10years unlimited warranty, 3 years for everything else.

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » October 20th, 2018, 8:34 pm

rspann wrote:

I got an offer to buy a damaged one today for $ 60g. No airbags deployed. Just front bumper, fender and suspension. Right side only.
I saw pics of that car, good thing is that you can import your parts

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » October 20th, 2018, 8:36 pm

Kronik wrote:
rspann wrote:

.........and do the repairs too :D

mazdatt
3NE 2NR for life

Postby mazdatt » October 20th, 2018, 8:40 pm

11km no major issues. Only minor issue is one rear brake makes noise when wet.

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » October 20th, 2018, 8:41 pm

rspann wrote:
Kronik wrote:
rspann wrote:

.........and do the repairs too :D
Yeah, but the damage not bad, you bringing that back easy. Wonder what you will sell it back for

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » October 20th, 2018, 8:45 pm

Ah lil half price .

Kriticalkase 1
Riding on 13's

Postby Kriticalkase 1 » October 20th, 2018, 8:54 pm

Sales rep confirmed last week that the niro has 8 yrs warranty on the battery. 3yrs or 100k on the vehicle otherwise.

mazdatt
3NE 2NR for life

Postby mazdatt » October 20th, 2018, 8:58 pm

Kriticalkase 1 wrote:Sales rep confirmed last week that the niro has 8 yrs warranty on the battery. 3yrs or 100k on the vehicle otherwise.
Warranty from SS is a joke.

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

Postby snypaz » October 20th, 2018, 9:09 pm

1yr 1month old. 17000+km. 2 Services complete. (I'm doing them at 6000km intervals). No rear glass Tint issues (I tinted at Sign Boss). No problems on mileage (I average around 1000km per tank). $185 to fill. (This bothers me now). No noises. No squeaks. My door upholstery gets dirty quick but that's quickly remedied. All and All, Amazing car. Would recommend to anyone looking.
Last edited by snypaz on October 20th, 2018, 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » October 20th, 2018, 9:10 pm

Also I haven't heard of any issues from associates at Massy.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » October 20th, 2018, 11:25 pm

Ss cud offer yuh 20 years warranty and i still wouldnt buy a zaboca from them. Worst company to deal witj

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » October 22nd, 2018, 8:20 am

Got this error this morning, and the parking brake won't release.

Anyone knows what's happening (google isn't friendly lol)

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » October 22nd, 2018, 8:40 am

^^Yuh read the manual....?

mazdatt
3NE 2NR for life

Postby mazdatt » October 22nd, 2018, 8:53 am

st7 wrote:Got this error this morning, and the parking brake won't release.

Did you drive through some water causing the brake calipers to get wet and car was parked for a couple of days? The rear brakes sometime stick. Have you tried driving forward and back to try to get them to release?

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » October 22nd, 2018, 8:54 am

ADONI wrote:^^Yuh read the manual....?

manual didnt give a cause, just say check authorized dealer

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » October 22nd, 2018, 8:58 am

mazdatt wrote:
st7 wrote:Got this error this morning, and the parking brake won't release.

Did you drive through some water causing the brake calipers to get wet and car was parked for a couple of days? The rear brakes sometime stick. Have you tried driving forward and back to try to get them to release?

Oh hmm, i may have driven thru a small stretch to get home on Friday...and yeah, it was parked up over the weekend.

I can only go backwards, but didnt attempt to mash down to get some force fearing i would damage something. would it release without getting damaged?

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » October 22nd, 2018, 9:00 am

When it's parked up for a long period after getting wet (Whether by washing the car or Weather), the back brakes do get a little stuck. You hear a literal sound when disengaging and moving forward. Never got that error message though.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » October 22nd, 2018, 9:12 am

snypaz wrote:When it's parked up for a long period after getting wet (Whether by washing the car or Weather), the back brakes do get a little stuck. You hear a literal sound when disengaging and moving forward. Never got that error message though.

was your foot release brakes stuck as well? wondering if to chance reversing hoping nothing damages.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » October 22nd, 2018, 9:19 am

SEARCH IN THE CURRENT

AND SHOW ME

IndexHyundai IONIQ Forum (Hybrid, Plug-In Hybrid And EV)Hyundai IONIQ General Discussion

Register ▸

BDG

Senior MemberJoin: Apr 2017Mentions: 56Posts: 2044Cornwall,uk

Jan 30, 2018 · #1

Sticking parking Brake

I have a problem with my parking brake sticking on.This morning after parking for 3 days, when I released the foot operated parking brake and started to move off there was a loud clunk from Rear RHS, followed by a similar clunk from LHS Rear. It sounds as if the brake pads are sticking to the disk. (I assume the parking brake uses pads on Disk) Although I park on a slight downward slope the car did not move after engaging drive until I applied some throttle.Re-applying parking brake and releasing it again everything was normal

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » October 22nd, 2018, 9:20 am

Not me eh Google is indeed friendly

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » October 22nd, 2018, 9:27 am

PariaMan wrote:Not me eh Google is indeed friendly

hahaha... thanks for the assist!

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » October 22nd, 2018, 9:42 am

So update: applied throttle which got the car moving.

pumped the brakes hard and fast, but it wont brake or come to a total stop at all until pedal is totally depressed. went back and forth a couple times to see if it will change but nothing. the brakes pedal feels a lot softer than usual now

Getting error Stop Eng and Check Regen Brakes

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » October 22nd, 2018, 9:56 am

PariaMan wrote:SEARCH IN THE CURRENT

AND SHOW ME

IndexHyundai IONIQ Forum (Hybrid, Plug-In Hybrid And EV)Hyundai IONIQ General Discussion

Register ▸

BDG

Senior MemberJoin: Apr 2017Mentions: 56Posts: 2044Cornwall,uk

Jan 30, 2018 · #1

Sticking parking Brake

I have a problem with my parking brake sticking on.This morning after parking for 3 days, when I released the foot operated parking brake and started to move off there was a loud clunk from Rear RHS, followed by a similar clunk from LHS Rear. It sounds as if the brake pads are sticking to the disk. (I assume the parking brake uses pads on Disk) Although I park on a slight downward slope the car did not move after engaging drive until I applied some throttle.Re-applying parking brake and releasing it again everything was normal

The clunk is definitely a thing. On slopes and after the brakes get wet or parked in wet/cold conditions for long periods. I had no issues disengaging the parking brake though.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » October 22nd, 2018, 10:11 am

update: called Massy and they will get back to me if they can send someone to my home

mazdatt
3NE 2NR for life

Postby mazdatt » October 22nd, 2018, 10:17 am

st7 wrote:update: called Massy and they will get back to me if they can send someone to my home
Great, let us know what was the issue and how it was fixed.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”