TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Phillip Edward Alexander Bows out of active Politics again (2023) Now with added Bow In 2024

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

MDtuner70
Sweet on this forum

Re: Phillip Edward Alexander calling out the big shots

Postby MDtuner70 » May 6th, 2020, 9:08 am

pugboy wrote:he just like to tell his masses what they want to hear
he is a lil pompek, he has raised some good issues in the past but by and large he is 99% loud noise

lol very true

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » May 6th, 2020, 10:09 am

PEA is just repeating the nonsense heard in markets, rumshops and barbershops all over hoping it will gain him popularity. He’s anti 1% but doesn’t realize that to run a country you need big business for employment, exports and tax incomes.
He would’ve even be able to find a economist to work with him if he ever got the reins. Not that he ever would.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 6th, 2020, 10:13 am

j.o.e wrote:PEA is just repeating the nonsense heard in markets, rumshops and barbershops all over hoping it will gain him popularity. He’s anti 1% but doesn’t realize that to run a country you need big business for employment, exports and tax incomes.
He would’ve even be able to find a economist to work with him if he ever got the reins. Not that he ever would.

Most critically is that he would need big business to finance a political campaign.
Its the way our system is set up atm with its lack of campaign finance laws.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » May 6th, 2020, 1:15 pm

PEA will be the voice of the revolution when it comes.

Underestimate him, but he knows how to use memes, talk show and social media better than Kamla and Rowley. He communicates at a base level better than Rowley or Kamla on those tools.

The PNM and UNC are thriving on entrenched social-economic interests. PNM people feel they have social and financial benefit in having PNM in power. UNC people the same way for their party. In times of extreme distress, where those relationships are found to be unsatisfactory and not working for the population, Kamla and Rowley cannot depend on their charisma to lead.

So as we enter the brave new world of economic depression, stranger things have happened than PEA becoming a major player.

Skanky
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Skanky » May 6th, 2020, 2:34 pm

So is there anybody who can put forward a cogent argument why PEP isn't the best choice of the three ?

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » May 6th, 2020, 2:39 pm

Skanky wrote:So is there anybody who can put forward a cogent argument why PEP isn't the best choice of the three ?

The leader lacks the charisma to gain a mass following. He alienates too many people that he would need to be successful, in a misguided attempt to appear beholden to no one. remember, not everyone will like you, nor you them, but there are a great deal of unlikeable people that you will have to work with. The trick is not becoming too tied to special interest groups, and business as usual corrupt people.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » May 6th, 2020, 2:43 pm

Charisma ... LOL

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » May 6th, 2020, 5:49 pm

Skanky wrote:So is there anybody who can put forward a cogent argument why PEP isn't the best choice of the three ?

PEP policies are radical and will damage the country for generations if ever implemented by anyone.

That said, I might vote for PEP because I know they will not win. PEA deserves support for saying what needs to be said.

Skanky
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Skanky » May 6th, 2020, 6:12 pm

paid_influencer wrote:
PEP policies are radical and will damage the country for generations if ever implemented by anyone.

Could you give some examples of these policies?

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » May 6th, 2020, 6:27 pm

Skanky wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:

Could you give some examples of these policies?

Here you go:
https://peptt.com/policies/

minimum wage earners getting huge loans to enable "universal home ownership" makes a great campaign slogan. But - the result of that would be too many people using borrowed money in chasing after too few pieces of land. Prices will rise, the same number of homes are available, and now the most vulnerable are carrying large debt around for 30 years without having gained anything.

on another note, PEP site is exceptional. He's communicating in the way people want to communicate in 2020. His talk shows, memes and social media actions will bear impact whether PNM or UNC supporters want to acknowledge it or not.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » May 6th, 2020, 7:47 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:He is an average joe rum shop political analyst with a political party and has forgotten he has a political party so he still shouts out his feelings at will.

Average?
You seem to hold him in high regard.

Skanky
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Skanky » May 7th, 2020, 10:58 am

So once again nobody has any reason based on fact why PEP isn't the best choice of the three?

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » May 7th, 2020, 11:01 am

Skanky wrote:So once again nobody has any reason based on fact why PEP isn't the best choice of the three?
That might be so, but the counter argument may be how many persons vote based on fact ?

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » May 7th, 2020, 12:19 pm

Skanky wrote:So once again nobody has any reason based on fact why PEP isn't the best choice of the three?

The policies are imaginative/unrealistic.m:

no deposit or interest for 1st time home owners for 30 years? Which bank giving u that kind of loan?

move all government offices to the center of the island to reduce traffic. Lol. First off how much available commercisl space is their in central to do so... also won't that just increase traffic in central, south and the east corridors?

Establishment of community owned wells and dissilation plants to provide water for all... this is good on paper... but this could cost tens of millions... given that we will be in a severe economic recession soon... is this feasible

I could go on... but i hope people are catching on... that these politicians dont know what the hell they are doing and just promising us the world to gain votes... half of their campaign policies are illogical/unfeasible

snatman
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snatman » May 7th, 2020, 12:25 pm

Phillip, Nalini Dial, Ismael Samad, Mikela, Carolyn and Carson Charles should form a party. :roll:

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » May 7th, 2020, 12:37 pm

things heating up.
Attachments
95615098_1138226523219754_7768659853421051904_n.jpg

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » May 7th, 2020, 12:41 pm

paid_influencer wrote:things heating up.

Ralph Maraj....

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » May 7th, 2020, 8:41 pm

Gladiator wrote:

Ralph Maraj....

I thought it was Ralph also... ended up being Peter Taylor.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » May 7th, 2020, 9:26 pm

lol @ reason identity hidden

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » May 7th, 2020, 9:29 pm

Lol Plebward

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » May 7th, 2020, 10:33 pm

elec2020 wrote:

no deposit or interest for 1st time home owners for 30 years? Which bank giving u that kind of loan?

move all government offices to the center of the island to reduce traffic. Lol. First off how much available commercisl space is their in central to do so... also won't that just increase traffic in central, south and the east corridors?

Establishment of community owned wells and dissilation plants to provide water for all... this is good on paper... but this could cost tens of millions... given that we will be in a severe economic recession soon... is this feasible

I could go on... but i hope people are catching on... that these politicians dont know what the hell they are doing and just promising us the world to gain votes... half of their campaign policies are illogical/unfeasible

our realistic policies arent working, at least not PNM's policies. still waiting on the ROI on the Brian lara Tsunami shelter.

if u legislate it, it WILL happen. but, they spoke of allowing more banks to enter the market as well as allow credit unions to step up how much functionality they have.. so that the banking sector will become aggressively competitive.

govt offices,,, the push is for it to be more E based. with offices more centrally located. if u worried about land use, close ur eye, when ur driving down the highway, it will frighten u.

community BASED water solutions. not owned, and not desalination. the rainfall that we experience is enough for our yearly use, its just to capture and store for the dry periods. if u split it up, it would democratize the water availability, than just one main buss and half the country dry.

ur blatant mischaracterizations of their points, coupled to ur recent join date, leads me to think that this is a sponsored account.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 8th, 2020, 12:30 am

With regards to housing creativity is needed. Singapore for example allows you to use NIS contributions (their version called CPF) to purchase a house.

Our cash poor NIB may not like that idea though.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 8th, 2020, 7:59 am

Just to clarify, EXPO 2000 did not take place and PEA did not issue refunds? I'm just wondering why this was mentioned a few times. Also, I'm wondering, if true, how did the corporate community react?

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » May 8th, 2020, 8:52 am

sMASH wrote:
elec2020 wrote:

our realistic policies arent working, at least not PNM's policies. still waiting on the ROI on the Brian lara Tsunami shelter.

if u legislate it, it WILL happen. but, they spoke of allowing more banks to enter the market as well as allow credit unions to step up how much functionality they have.. so that the banking sector will become aggressively competitive.

govt offices,,, the push is for it to be more E based. with offices more centrally located. if u worried about land use, close ur eye, when ur driving down the highway, it will frighten u.

community BASED water solutions. not owned, and not desalination. the rainfall that we experience is enough for our yearly use, its just to capture and store for the dry periods. if u split it up, it would democratize the water availability, than just one main buss and half the country dry.

ur blatant mischaracterizations of their points, coupled to ur recent join date, leads me to think that this is a sponsored account.

i) banks have been leaving the Caribbean over the last few years... example scotiabank and royal bank... they have been leaving as according to the articles they are not getting the amount of profits that they used to... so based on that how will PEP get more banks into TnT? Also... for credit unions to compete wirh banks you would assume they have the same amount of deposits/contributions... as that is essentially what comprises loans... depositor funds... i dont have the statistics but i believe it is highly unlikely that credit unions have the same level of funds like a bank... if that was the case the collapse of hindu credit union would have been particularly devistating... but u barely hear about it anymore... so if credit unions dont have the level of funds like banks how can they compete with banks?

ii) a lot of things cannot be e based... driver's permit application? Passport application? Death certificate? Land Deeds? Also have you tried to use the e-tax complaint option... no one responds to you... unless their is some way to identify people electronically... in that i know 100 per cent that the person requesting this passport (for instance) is in fact so and so... or a proper querying system for issues... then the move to e services will have severe issues... further a move to e based services will mean alot of job losses as you dont need for example 5 clerks to handle walk in requests as people wil he using that service online... which government is going to put in facilities/programs that will lead to big staff cuts?

iii) PEP's plan stated the establishment of water purification and distribution (my bad i thought i read desilation) plants in all 41 constituents... how feasible is this project when we are going to enter a severe depression.

iv) i have no potlitical affiliations... doubt i am even going to vote for this elections coming... as all politicians selling the same thing in tnt.... dreams... i just want to critically dissect the feasability of these projects to some of ya'll cause a lot of times people see red, yellow, etc first... they dont study the stupidity of these promises... for instance kamla promised... i think... to improve the cruise ship industry in Tobago.... LOL.... in a pandameic... the last place people will be is om a cruise ship... only when this pandemic runs itself out or we stumble up om a vaccine... will tourism revitalize itself... even so... with numerous people worldwide losing their jobs... who have money in the short to medium term to go on a destination vacation... but these politicians does just tell ya'll what ya'll want to hear and prey on the fact that most people dont critically analyse their suggestions

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » May 9th, 2020, 6:58 am

The_Honourable wrote:
Gladiator wrote:

Ralph Maraj....

I thought it was Ralph also... ended up being Peter Taylor.

I thought it was a real silhouette of the person so I thought they resurrect Kobe Bryant.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » May 9th, 2020, 10:33 am

https://www.cnc3.co.tt/govt-signs-agree ... -pandemic/

cnc3 wrote:The Government has signed an agreement with Credit Unions to provide loans to persons whose income has been depleted as a result of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
The programme which is financed by the Government is intended to provide funds to members so that they can continue to pay their bills and feed their families until their circumstances can be improved.
In a press release issued today, the Central Finance Facility Co-operative Society of Trinidad and Tobago stated that the loans will be granted at 6% with a maximum principal amount of $15,000.00.
Participating Credit Unions include Community Care Credit Union, PSCU Credit Union, Pentecostal Credit Union, VENTURE Credit Union, Runnemede Credit Union and Mason Hall Credit Union.

The following is the full press release from the Central Finance Facility Co-operative Society of Trinidad and Tobago:

Credit Unions today signed their Liquidity Support Loan Agreements with the Ministry of Finance and will start providing loans to members whose incomes have been eroded or depleted as a result of the COVID-19 Pandemic. The program which is financed by the Government is intended to provide funds to members so that they can continue to pay their bills and feed families until their circumstances can be improved or when they can turn around their situations. Loans will be granted at an annual rate of 6% with a maximum principal amount of $15,000.00. Participating Credit Unions include Community Care Credit Union, PSCU Credit Union, Pentecostal Credit Union, VENTURE Credit Union, Runnemede Credit Union and Mason Hall Credit Union. All will receive backroom technical support from the Central Finance Facility (CFF), the Financial and Developmental Institution of the local Cooperative movement. This follows the signing of the agreement with Government on April 27, 2020, for the establishment of a Government Financed Liquidity Support Loan Facility which will back the Coronavirus Relief Loan. This loan facility was specially established to enable credit unions to provide the necessary support to their members who have been negatively affected by the COVID-19 Pandemic. Present at the signing on April 27, 2020 were the Minister of Finance, Honourable Colm Imbert, Vice President of the Central Finance Facility (CFF), Mr. Lyndon Byer and President of the Cooperative Credit Union League of Trinidad & Tobago, Mr. Joseph Remy. Individuals can access this facility by contacting their respective credit union or contacting the Central Finance Facility (CFF) at 739 4496 or via email c19support@centralfinancefacility.com. As the country continues to battle the effects of the COVID-19 Pandemic, the Central Finance Facility (CFF) continues to press for the survival and security of its members and their membership.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » May 11th, 2020, 9:21 pm

PEA ask Prakash Ramadhar to join. PEA say he assembling the Avengers.

Prakash did not say no.

https://www.facebook.com/peptrinbago/vi ... 6714213611

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 11th, 2020, 9:26 pm

That was 20 years ago, the statutes run out on that long time, next question.

agent007 wrote:Just to clarify, EXPO 2000 did not take place and PEA did not issue refunds? I'm just wondering why this was mentioned a few times. Also, I'm wondering, if true, how did the corporate community react?

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » May 12th, 2020, 7:08 am

pugboy wrote:Most who praise and defend him don't know him from the early 80s
well known character from back then

He organized an "Expo" in the national stadium 2000
a lot of big companies paid money to exhibit there

when they turned up, there was nothing.
He lucky to be alive, in other countries he would be dead already.

facebook has given him an outlet to catch plenty suckers,
but all he is really doing is just bumping his gum on current topics
nothing more nothing less, just telling people what they want to hear

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 12th, 2020, 8:18 am

You did not answer my question. But since I have another question (2 more actually), I'll take a go at it, thank you.

Since the statutes of limitations act covers this and pea broke free of such limitations 16 years ago, why do you bring this up time and time again?

If for some reason that the matter was considered fraudulent, then said statutes does NOT apply. Given such, the exhibitors had a full 20 years to bring this matter to the fraud squad. I'm assuming because you bring this "issue" up so often that there has been a conclusion to a police investigation, the contents of which you are aware of?
pugboy wrote:That was 20 years ago, the statutes run out on that long time, next question.

agent007 wrote:Just to clarify, EXPO 2000 did not take place and PEA did not issue refunds? I'm just wondering why this was mentioned a few times. Also, I'm wondering, if true, how did the corporate community react?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”