Forums

The TSTT / Bmobile discussion thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

shaneelal
Riding on 16's

The TSTT / Bmobile discussion thread

Postby shaneelal » December 9th, 2016, 5:19 am

bmobile Mobile 4G LTE Launch (Trinidad and Tobago)

Hassan Voyeau in News December 9, 2016 516 Words

Digicel was the first to bring us HSPA+ “4G” mobile data followed by bmobile. Bmobile has had 4G LTE mobile broadband for some time now. Now bmobile is first with mobile LTE. An ad in today’s papers states, “T&T’s first 4G LTE network – Live the excitement.” We (media) have been invited to the launch today. Also the following was posted to bmobile’s facebook page an hour ago

T&T’s First 4G LTE Network is here! This is the world’s fastest wireless technology, capable of delivering data speeds up to 10x faster than other technologies. Bmobile is the only network in the country to offer 4G LTE technology to both mobile and residential customers. That’s why we are THE 4G LTE network.

TATT is yet to publicly assign carriers to the 700 Mhz band which can be used for mobile LTE and has better penetrance and less interferance especially for built-up areas. So I’ve been looking online to understand the different bands and mobile technologies. There is GSM, CDMA, UMTS and LTE and different bands used and assigned to these for Digicel and bmobile. Found this tool that has this type of information and hopefully it is updated in a timely fashion.

So bmobile will move UMTS off 1900 and use it for LTE until 700 is assigned. That’s what I am thinking. Wikipedia has LTE as ‘coming soon’ for Digicel (Trinidad and Tobago). I am thinking two things, they are waiting on 700 Mhz and much of their investment money and effort has gone into rolling out Digicel Play (FTTH). LTE is supposed to bring higher speeds and better performance when done right. Hopefully we don’t end up with a speed cap and deteriorating speeds and performance as the network gets saturated. I had to be professional and not say anything before launch day. I so wanted to tweet out, “mobile LTE is launching in Trinidad and Tobago on Friday”.

https://thetechremix.com/2016/12/09/bmo ... nd-tobago/

TSTT goes high speed...but

Saturday, December 10 2016

THE Telecommunications Services of Trinidad and Tobago (TSTT) yesterday launched its super high speed internet for mobile, 4G LTE (Long- Term Evolution). However TSTT says it cannot provide nationwide coverage until the Telecommunications Authority of Trinidad and Tobago (TATT) allocates it the 700 megahertz spectrum.

Emile Elias, chairman of TSTT, said the Board is contemplating taking legal action to ensure that TSTT and the people of Trinidad and Tobago gets the service they deserve.

Speaking at the 4GLTE launch at TSTT’s head office, Edward Street, Port-of-Spain, Elias claimed that three years ago, “elements” in the old board of TATT and National Enterprises Limited (NEL) were involved in what he considered a “conspiracy” to damage TSTT. “Whoever the cap fits, let them wear it. If they get me damn vex I might start naming names,” he said.

He lamented that the last Boards of TATT and NEL, did not believe that “the people of this country can run a telecommunications giant like TSTT.” “We need to get rid of that attitude and if necessary get rid of the people who still have that attitude. They conspired with certain foreign entities to damage TSTT to ensure we don’t get the kind of spectrum and support that we need. Today after on a year, of a new Board, we have the financing in place, the leadership in place, we have the plan in place and we are going to go forward,” Elias said.

TSTT Chairman Dr Ronald Walcott explained that the 700 megahertz spectrum is standard for LTE deployment because of its propagation characteristics.

“Which includes the ability to have the type of geographical coverage that we would want to ensure so we can provide this solution throughout the length and breadth of Trinidad and Tobago,” he said.

He also explained that 4G LTE allows the user to experience ultra fast broadband speeds on their mobile devices adding that TSTT would provide speeds that are as much as “ten times faster than anything you can get from anyone in TT.” Currently TSTT is in phase one of this deployment and in that phase, Walcott said they are sure to cover all of Portof- Spain, San Fernando and Scarborough. “We would like to get 85 percent population coverage over the next couple of months assuming that we can get the 700 megahertz spectrum that is required,” he said.

http://newsday.co.tt/news/0,237026.html
Last edited by shaneelal on December 10th, 2016, 7:14 am, edited 5 times in total.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: bmobile Mobile 4G LTE Launch

Postby Dizzy28 » December 9th, 2016, 9:15 am

I really wouldn't mind rollover data even if up to a certain limit.
When I had my blackberry package up to April of this year I averaged 1g per month of a 5gig package. Now I have a 3gig package on android and average 2gigs per month.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Bmobile now doing LTE on customer phones - 64Mb/s download speed!

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » December 9th, 2016, 12:04 pm

Friend just sent me this screenshot after switching to an LTE SIM card in Bmobile outlet on the Promenade this morning.

This image shows their broadband speed before and after switching to a LTE card on their phone.

Speed increase is phenomenal!

Apparently it's currently available for Android smartphones, but i was told iPhones will be able to switch over soon.

heroyuy
Street 2NR

Re: Bmobile now doing LTE on customer phones

Postby heroyuy » December 9th, 2016, 12:05 pm

Wowwww

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Re: Bmobile now doing LTE on customer phones - 64Mb/s download speed!

Postby jhonnieblue » December 9th, 2016, 1:02 pm

how soon for iPhones...cant wait!

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » December 9th, 2016, 1:05 pm

If their '4g' service is any indication. This 'LTE' will not be up to standard at all. Don't get your hopes up

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » December 9th, 2016, 1:12 pm

any ideas on the new plan cost tho. right now i running thru 5gigs like that

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » December 9th, 2016, 1:15 pm

60+MB down. Not bad imo.

Right now to get that on a wired connection with FLOW costs $400.00 TTD.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » December 9th, 2016, 1:20 pm

Dunno if it related to the LTE launch but no one in the office where I work has a functioning b mobile phone. We keep getting unable to reach, network busy etc. notifications when trying to call out and we not receiving calls either.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » December 9th, 2016, 1:23 pm

S_2NR wrote:If their '4g' service is any indication. This 'LTE' will not be up to standard at all. Don't get your hopes up
from what I understand they are upgrading the network. They disabled the Edge/GPRS section which is why they asked customers to bring in their old phones that only support Edge and receive updated handsets.

Areas that had poor data reception will need to be upgraded. It seems they started with the higher populated areas first. Port of Spain is 7 and 8 mbps on 3G/4G/H+ and now they offer LTE at these faster speeds.

For me Price Plaza was always a dead zone, so hopefully they upgrade there too.

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » December 9th, 2016, 1:32 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
S_2NR wrote:If their '4g' service is any indication. This 'LTE' will not be up to standard at all. Don't get your hopes up
from what I understand they are upgrading the network. They disabled the Edge/GPRS section which is why they asked customers to bring in their old phones that only support Edge and receive updated handsets.

Areas that had poor data reception will need to be upgraded. It seems they started with the higher populated areas first. Port of Spain is 7 and 8 mbps on 3G/4G/H+ and now they offer LTE at these faster speeds.

For me Price Plaza was always a dead zone, so hopefully they upgrade there too.

Wow sounds promising then. Guess we will see.

SRASC
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby SRASC » December 9th, 2016, 2:10 pm

Not bad. Didn't know about the lack of iPhone support currently.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » December 9th, 2016, 2:31 pm

SRASC wrote:Not bad. Didn't know about the lack of iPhone support currently.
may be a licensing issue. But I sure they should have it sorted soon.

they only started the transfer of customers / sim-swaps today.

10-01
punchin NOS

Postby 10-01 » December 9th, 2016, 3:08 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:I really wouldn't mind rollover data even if up to a certain limit.
When I had my blackberry package up to April of this year I averaged 1g per month of a 5gig package. Now I have a 3gig package on android and average 2gigs per month.

its a trap .. i got stuck in a plan and when i tried to get out i had to pay a fee of $2600 TT :shock:

INDAVID WORKSHOP
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby INDAVID WORKSHOP » December 9th, 2016, 3:27 pm

I am paying for LTE as per my contract with TSTT and only get 3G service, this is Trinidad & Tobago for you they one thing and give you less and you have no recourse with said provider and then they want to know why they lose customers.

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » December 9th, 2016, 4:20 pm

Ah but is there a cost difference in the packages

hassanvoyeau
Street 2NR

Postby hassanvoyeau » December 9th, 2016, 5:03 pm

Made a correction to the blog post

< So bmobile will move UMTS off 1900
> So bmobile will move 2G GSM EDGE off 1900

Also this link has photos from the launch https://thetechremix.com/2016/12/09/pho ... nch-event/

Hopefully I get to test it out and review it. So that would be another blog post.

hassanvoyeau
Street 2NR

Postby hassanvoyeau » December 9th, 2016, 5:14 pm

Also they gave out these handouts this morning

These handouts were given out to passers by - bmobile mobile LTE launch.jpg

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » December 9th, 2016, 7:31 pm

im guessing they have to upgrade data plans -how fast it go run out at those speeds!

ras_elmo
3NE 2NR for life

Postby ras_elmo » December 9th, 2016, 9:23 pm

LTE "Everything" Unlimited plan...data capped at 20gigs, so you expect unlimited...you get boxed up.
http://bmobile.co.tt/shop/plans/everything-plans/

"* It is important to bmobile that all eligible bmobile customers are able to access our services therefore unlimited data is capped at 20GB usage." In some chinky @$$ print below the plan details.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » December 9th, 2016, 9:43 pm

That would not be unlimited, that would be s 20gig package.

KURMAman
Riding on 16's

Postby KURMAman » December 9th, 2016, 10:57 pm

Best bet is to take the $149 plan with the 1GB...then *3282# and add 2GB data for $49 a month. lol

nixonliketheprez
3NE 2NR for life

Postby nixonliketheprez » December 10th, 2016, 10:25 am

Bmobile cyah be serious with that avg speed. I in d bush in Santa Cruz and Digicel doing better on 3g Image

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » December 10th, 2016, 12:05 pm

nixonliketheprez wrote:Bmobile cyah be serious with that avg speed. I in d bush in Santa Cruz and Digicel doing better on 3g Image

In the bush / less busy areas will see the 60Mbps they mentioned.

xtech
punchin NOS

Postby xtech » December 10th, 2016, 4:21 pm

Making to much excuse for our providers trying to service tiny population when it is done in major cities.

I think this belongs in here....

Japanese mobile data ad.

Crazy fast data

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

bmobile Mobile 4G LTE Launch

Postby S_2NR » December 10th, 2016, 7:31 pm

6Mb down is not lte. But trinis will pay for it so why not lol

mitch1980
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby mitch1980 » December 12th, 2016, 5:49 pm

spoke to a rep ....the LTE is only for LTE ready devices and for a few geographic locations currently

ismithx
punchin NOS

Postby ismithx » December 12th, 2016, 9:03 pm

S_2NR wrote:6Mb down is not lte. But trinis will pay for it so why not lol

this could be done on their 3g network, I doh see why they pushing for 4g when their 3g network is still utter garbage

kjaglal76v2
12 pounds of Boost

Postby kjaglal76v2 » December 12th, 2016, 9:06 pm

everytime bmobile launch sumn "new" the idiots get roped in & few months down the road start to cry

not falling for it this time, Bmobile is chit

syncrod
Sweet on this forum

Postby syncrod » December 13th, 2016, 6:53 am

any idea on which one of the lte bands they gonna use there are like 9 700mhz bands and 6 1900mhz bands possible.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”