The TSTT / Bmobile discussion thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum

Re: bmobile Mobile 4G LTE Launch

Postby 2ndchance » September 23rd, 2017, 1:44 am

RedVEVO wrote:^^^^

Got the LTE sim card .. but not seeing any difference ..

What you suppose to look for again ?

The data indicator or symbol on my phone showed LTE when connected. Also did a speed test and saw about 13Mbps down and 24Mbps up. Not sure why the upload speed was almost twice the download speed. When I got to an area with poor signal strength, the data indicator changed from LTE to H+ and sometime H as the phone switched to 3G. Confirmed the 3G with another speed test getting 3Mbps down and 0.7Mbps up.I think some phones may show 4G instead of LTE as my coworker's Note4 did.
Last edited by 2ndchance on September 23rd, 2017, 1:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » September 23rd, 2017, 1:49 am

2ndchance wrote:

The data indicator or symbol on my phone showed LTE when connected. Also did a speed test and saw about 13Mbps down and 24Mbps up. Not sure why the upload speed was almost twice the download speed. When I got to an area with poor signal strength, the data indicator changed from LTE to H+ and sometime H as the phone switched to 3G. Confirmed the 3G with another speed test getting 3Mbps down and 0.7Mbps up.

I think some phones may show 4G instead of LTE as my coworker's Note4 did.

So how that translates in making my phone experience better ..

Faster internet .. not seeing it :roll:

TSTT scam again .. ?

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum

Postby 2ndchance » September 23rd, 2017, 1:57 am

RedVEVO wrote:
2ndchance wrote:

The data indicator or symbol on my phone showed LTE when connected. Also did a speed test and saw about 13Mbps down and 24Mbps up. Not sure why the upload speed was almost twice the download speed. When I got to an area with poor signal strength, the data indicator changed from LTE to H+ and sometime H as the phone switched to 3G. Confirmed the 3G with another speed test getting 3Mbps down and 0.7Mbps up.

TSTT scam again .. ?

After you powered up with the LTE sim, did you configure the phone to join the LTE network? You just need to create an APN with the name bmobile, no other special APN values and set the phone to use this new APN.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » September 23rd, 2017, 2:04 am

2ndchance wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:
2ndchance wrote:

TSTT scam again .. ?

After you powered up with the LTE sim, did you configure the phone to join the LTE network? You just need to create an APN with the name bmobile, no other special APN values and set the phone to use this new APN.

How you do that Tuner dude ?

Have a iPhone 6 :D

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum

Postby 2ndchance » September 23rd, 2017, 2:18 am

RedVEVO wrote:
2ndchance wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:
2ndchance wrote:

TSTT scam again .. ?

Sorry bro, can't help you there. I've only used Android phones.

shaneelal
Riding on 16's

Postby shaneelal » September 23rd, 2017, 4:22 am

2ndchance wrote:Been looking for an LTE coverage map. Best I could find is http://www.gatewaymsl.com/tsttlte/index.html
I've used it in the St. Augustine area and it seems to be correct. Anyone else has experience using this map and can say how accurate it is?

I believe that coverage map is for their fixed wireless LTE service. Couldn't locate a map for their mobile LTE coverage. Once TATT assigns frequency from 700MHz, they should be able to cover most of the country.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » September 23rd, 2017, 9:40 am

2ndchance wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:
2ndchance wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:
2ndchance wrote:

TSTT scam again .. ?

Sorry bro, can't help you there. I've only used Android phones.

Thanks though Tuner Dude :D

There is a setting for LTE ..
Then there is the SpeedTest app (Ookla) .. big deal :roll:
But not really seeing any difference.

Maybe I looking at the wrong features. Then the "wifi" goes dead which
.. suspect is the coverage .

Have used a T1 line and a laptop/notebook with sustained 15 Mbps (Down) so this is
how it's compared :| :|

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » September 23rd, 2017, 9:42 am

Upgraded our work phones yesterday and it seems to be working ok so far.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

bmobile Mobile 4G LTE Launch

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » September 23rd, 2017, 11:40 am

RedVEVO wrote:

Have used a T1 line and a laptop/notebook with sustained 15 Mbps (Down) so this is

You need to change the APN on your phone when using the LTE sim in order to see LTE speeds. In iOS go to Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Mobile Data Network

Change all the APNs to “bmobile”, no username no password.
Restart your device.

Average browsing won’t seem any faster whether you have 2Mbps or 200Mbps cause web pages are usually small with small image files.

You will see the speed difference when downloading large files, streaming video or sharing your data as a hotspot.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » September 23rd, 2017, 4:49 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:

You need to change the APN on your phone when using the LTE sim in order to see LTE speeds. In iOS go to Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Mobile Data Network

Change all the APNs to “bmobile”, no username no password.
Restart your device.

Average browsing won’t seem any faster whether you have 2Mbps or 200Mbps cause web pages are usually small with small image files.

You will see the speed difference when downloading large files, streaming video or sharing your data as a hotspot.

Orr horr ..

Thanks .. :D

The LTE etc .. and .. APN etc. I did already .

B Mobile gave a tutorial when they installed the LTE Sim .

Then they made you sign some paper stuff that say if the iphone blow up
they are not responsible .

Waiting for the iPhone X

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum

Postby 2ndchance » September 23rd, 2017, 11:06 pm

shaneelal wrote:
2ndchance wrote:Been looking for an LTE coverage map. Best I could find is http://www.gatewaymsl.com/tsttlte/index.html
I've used it in the St. Augustine area and it seems to be correct. Anyone else has experience using this map and can say how accurate it is?

I believe that coverage map is for their fixed wireless LTE service. Couldn't locate a map for their mobile LTE coverage. Once TATT assigns frequency from 700MHz, they should be able to cover most of the country.

What do you mean by fixed wireless LTE as opposed to mobile LTE?

shaneelal
Riding on 16's

Postby shaneelal » September 24th, 2017, 5:58 am

^
Bmobile uses 2.5GHz for fixed LTE and currently 1900MHz for mobile LTE.
The version of LTE used in 2.5GHz is not supported by most cell phones.
The version of LTE used in 1900MHz is supported by most cell-phones and certain fixed devices. The was launch in December 2016.

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum

Postby 2ndchance » September 24th, 2017, 3:22 pm

shaneelal wrote:^
The version of LTE used in 1900MHz is supported by most cell-phones and certain fixed devices. The was launch in December 2016.

Thanks for the info. Must say that LTE speeds are impressive. Saw as much as 60Mbps down and 23Mbps up in St. Augustine.

maxtech
Street 2NR

Postby maxtech » September 25th, 2017, 11:34 pm

Hi, i recently got a Oneplus3 A3000 and went in for LTE prepaid simcard but all i getting is H+. When i use my brothers Bmobile postpaid simcard my phone(Oneplus 3) it says LTE and the speeds are good. Is Bmobile trying to rip off prepaid customers or is it that prepaid customers are only getting 3G/H+ or does postpaid and prepaid operates on different LTE frequency, cause they only talk about the LTE BAND 1900MHZ. I called customer service and explained my situation and she said though i'm seeing H+ i'm on the LTE speed. i was like whaaaa? i never heard so much crap steups . Can anyone clear this up i would much appreciate

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » September 26th, 2017, 8:03 am

maxtech wrote:Hi, i recently got a Oneplus3 A3000 and went in for LTE prepaid simcard but all i getting is H+. When i use my brothers Bmobile postpaid simcard my phone(Oneplus 3) it says LTE and the speeds are good. Is Bmobile trying to rip off prepaid customers or is it that prepaid customers are only getting 3G/H+ or does postpaid and prepaid operates on different LTE frequency, cause they only talk about the LTE BAND 1900MHZ. I called customer service and explained my situation and she said though i'm seeing H+ i'm on the LTE speed. i was like whaaaa? i never heard so much crap steups . Can anyone clear this up i would much appreciate

Did you change the APN to bmobile?

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » September 26th, 2017, 8:21 am

Kronik wrote:
maxtech wrote:Hi, i recently got a Oneplus3 A3000 and went in for LTE prepaid simcard but all i getting is H+. When i use my brothers Bmobile postpaid simcard my phone(Oneplus 3) it says LTE and the speeds are good. Is Bmobile trying to rip off prepaid customers or is it that prepaid customers are only getting 3G/H+ or does postpaid and prepaid operates on different LTE frequency, cause they only talk about the LTE BAND 1900MHZ. I called customer service and explained my situation and she said though i'm seeing H+ i'm on the LTE speed. i was like whaaaa? i never heard so much crap steups . Can anyone clear this up i would much appreciate

Sometimes you get LTE but it does not show LTE on the mobile phone.

Do a "SpeedTest" using the app from Ookla ( any local Wifi must be OFF ) and check if you are on the LTE.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » September 26th, 2017, 8:27 am

2ndchance wrote:
shaneelal wrote:^

Thanks for the info. Must say that LTE speeds are impressive. Saw as much as 60Mbps down and 23Mbps up in St. Augustine.

Yes but it is unreliable ..

Sometimes "impressive" and other times it does not work .

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » September 26th, 2017, 9:28 am

RedVEVO wrote:
Kronik wrote:

Do a "SpeedTest" using the app from Ookla ( any local Wifi must be OFF ) and check if you are on the LTE.

OnePlus's Oxygen OS and its associated UI has some quirks one of which is the notifications that show up in the status bar. I have a oneplus 2 and initially all its ever showed in the status bar was H (notwithstanding the speed) even though the Huawei I had the sim card in previously used to say 4G. On the last update to Oxygen the status bar icon changed to showing H+ and I believe it doesn't change from that.
The UI also doesn't allow the carrier info to show.

Best bet is to really do a speed test to confirm your speeds.

maxtech
Street 2NR

Postby maxtech » September 26th, 2017, 9:32 am

RedVEVO wrote:
Kronik wrote:

Yes I did change the APN to bmobile but I got no internet (E,3G,H+ nor 4G). Yes I did a speed test and I got 2mb down and less than 1mb up and that could never be 4G or LTE. I called customer service and the lady said to use bconnected as the APN. Isn't bconnected the 3G APN. This is ridiculous.

maxtech
Street 2NR

Postby maxtech » September 26th, 2017, 9:49 am

Dizzy28 wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:
Kronik wrote:

OnePlus's Oxygen OS and its associated UI has some quirks one of which is the notifications that show up in the status bar. I have a oneplus 2 and initially all its ever showed in the status bar was H (notwithstanding the speed) even though the Huawei I had the sim card in previously used to say 4G. On the last update to Oxygen the status bar icon changed to showing H+ and I believe it doesn't change from that.

Thanks but I also have an Galaxy S7 and I tried on an iPhone 7 it's the same issue.
Hopefully Digicel brings LTE to the market soon

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » September 26th, 2017, 11:00 am

maxtech wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:
Kronik wrote:

Thanks but I also have an Galaxy S7 and I tried on an iPhone 7 it's the same issue.
Hopefully Digicel brings LTE to the market soon

Maybe it is a chinese clone .. :shock:

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum

Postby 2ndchance » September 26th, 2017, 2:14 pm

maxtech wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:
Kronik wrote:

Yes I did change the APN to bmobile but I got no internet (E,3G,H+ nor 4G). Yes I did a speed test and I got 2mb down and less than 1mb up and that could never be 4G or LTE. I called customer service and the lady said to use bconnected as the APN. Isn't bconnected the 3G APN. This is ridiculous.

Hi Maxtech. The APN for LTE is "bmobile". You may have a similar problem to what a coworker experienced last week. His LTE sim card was supplied with the purchase of a one week unlimited package. Didn't get LTE initially, so he called bmobile who confirmed the APN name and that the card was "LTE ready". Still no luck, so he asked others to try in their phone but no LTE. On the second check with bmobile support, the tech instructed that "bconnected" be used as the APN as she said something like the account/phone number was not setup for LTE. After my coworker insisted that it should have been, she did some more checks, confirmed his ID, made some change and then he got LTE.
Last edited by 2ndchance on September 26th, 2017, 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mitch1980
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby mitch1980 » September 26th, 2017, 3:11 pm

LTE is not shown by the speed in the areas are upwards of 6-12 mb avg

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » September 27th, 2017, 12:22 am

mitch1980 wrote:LTE is not shown by the speed in the areas are upwards of 6-12 mb avg

Tuner dude , can you explain further ?

Or and can somebody explain why LTE not coming up on the phones - iPhone 6.

But the SpeedTest showing LTE speeds.

mitch1980
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby mitch1980 » September 27th, 2017, 9:43 am

RedVEVO wrote:
mitch1980 wrote:LTE is not shown by the speed in the areas are upwards of 6-12 mb avg

I have access to 2 LTE devices and the LTE symbol does not appear.
however the speed i get with these devices are faster than when i had "TSTT High speed" packages

the LTE speeds is based on locality only certain areas have the LTE sppeds
bTW i use a One Plus 3 and also a Note 5 and i get 6-12mb DL in POS and San Fernando area

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » September 27th, 2017, 1:58 pm

mitch1980 wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:

I have access to 2 LTE devices and the LTE symbol does not appear.
however the speed i get with these devices are faster than when i had "TSTT High speed" packages

the LTE speeds is based on locality only certain areas have the LTE sppeds
bTW i use a One Plus 3 and also a Note 5 and i get 6-12mb DL in POS and San Fernando area

Same here Tuner dude :D

At the Piarco Airport with "SpeedTest" shows Download/Upload like 50 Mbps with Ping 150 ms

But when you try to see a movie etc. with streaming - it fails :shock: :shock:

DanielCW
Street 2NR

Postby DanielCW » October 29th, 2017, 8:13 am

So I changed my old post paid plan to one of the new LTE plans, my question is should I be seeing the LTE letters on my phone because I am only seeing 3g, it’s a Iphone and I changed the APN already.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » October 29th, 2017, 10:57 am

DanielCW wrote:So I changed my old post paid plan to one of the new LTE plans, my question is should I be seeing the LTE letters on my phone because I am only seeing 3g, it’s a Iphone and I changed the APN already.

Did you change your sim as well? Heard a few people say bmobile needs to change your sim for it to work.

DanielCW
Street 2NR

Postby DanielCW » October 29th, 2017, 10:59 am

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:
DanielCW wrote:So I changed my old post paid plan to one of the new LTE plans, my question is should I be seeing the LTE letters on my phone because I am only seeing 3g, it’s a Iphone and I changed the APN already.

Did you change your sim as well? Heard a few people say bmobile needs to change your sim for it to work.

Yes I changed to a silver/grey colored sim

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » October 29th, 2017, 1:49 pm

4G LTE is problems.

Cannot access WhatsApp most of the time .

For the FREE international phone calls .

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”