The TSTT / Bmobile discussion thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: The TSTT / Bmobile discussion thread

Postby redmanjp » July 28th, 2022, 6:21 pm

joshuarshah wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:For whatever reason roaming hasn't been working the last couple of days too.....no ringing or anything.

If you're in the U.S., AT&T and T-Mobile have shut down their 3G networks so unless you're connected to T-Mobile's limited 2G network you're not going to get calls or SMS to work until bmobile rolls out VoLTE in Trinidad and signs a VoLTE roaming agreement with either AT&T or T-Mobile. The same thing applies to Digicel as well.

TSTT sent out a txt message about this. it said that calls wont work right now but data works. but why shutdown 3G and leave an older 2G running?

joshuarshah
3NE 2NR for life

Postby joshuarshah » July 28th, 2022, 6:34 pm

redmanjp wrote:
joshuarshah wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:For whatever reason roaming hasn't been working the last couple of days too.....no ringing or anything.

If you're in the U.S., AT&T and T-Mobile have shut down their 3G networks so unless you're connected to T-Mobile's limited 2G network you're not going to get calls or SMS to work until bmobile rolls out VoLTE in Trinidad and signs a VoLTE roaming agreement with either AT&T or T-Mobile. The same thing applies to Digicel as well.

TSTT sent out a txt message about this. it said that calls wont work right now but data works. but why shutdown 3G and leave an older 2G running?

2G GSM uses less spectrum that 3G UMTS/HSPA+. 2G uses 200 KHz of Spectrum per channel while 3G uses 5 MHz. Currently T-Mobile operates their 2G in the guard bands of their 4G LTE network which is how they are able to keep 2G running. However, T-Mobile said that they plan to shut down their 2G network very soon so bmobile and Digicel need to hurry up and get VoLTE launched before we lose all ability to call while in the U.S. I believe AT&T had already shut down their 2G network back in 2017.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » July 31st, 2022, 12:09 pm

South Without Internet, Phone Services after Sabotage

AN act of sabotage on one of TSTT underground cables has left customers in South Trinidad without internet and phone services.

“A malicious act targeting TSTT’s underground cables overnight has resulted in service interruptions to some of our valued customers. The company has mobilised crews and is working assiduously to restore service in the shortest time possible.

As a result, customers’ mobile, internet and other services will be severely impacted. Customers in other parts of the country may also experience a degradation or interruption in their service because of this act of vandalism.

“TSTT strongly condemns these deliberate and selfish acts that negatively impact customers, communities and businesses and reminds those responsible that there are legal implications when caught. The company has engaged the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service and an investigation is being launched into this latest incident.

“TSTT assures customers that repairs are underway and full service is expected to be restored later today.”

https://azpnews.com/south-without-inter ... -sabotage/

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » February 7th, 2023, 2:24 pm

https://bmobile.co.tt/advisory/volte/

advisory
Voice Roaming in the US is back!
It’s finally back! bmobile is proud to be the first local network to resume voice roaming in the United States of America. Since the shutdown of the 3G networks in the US in February 2022, customers have been unable to make or receive voice calls while roaming there. However, customers can once again make and receive voice calls via our 4G Voice (VoLTE) roaming service.
With our 4G Voice roaming service, customers are expected to experience:
Superior audio quality (HD Voice) on calls made over the mobile network
Simultaneously use data while on a voice call (surf and talk)
Call conferencing with up to 6 participants
Quicker call set up time
*Subject to roaming partner network*
Effective 6th February 2023, bmobile launched its 4G roaming service in the US. To access this service customers must have a VoLTE compatible device and would be required to visit bmobile to upgrade their sim card at no cost.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » February 7th, 2023, 5:00 pm

j.o.e wrote:https://bmobile.co.tt/advisory/volte/

advisory
Voice Roaming in the US is back!
It’s finally back! bmobile is proud to be the first local network to resume voice roaming in the United States of America. Since the shutdown of the 3G networks in the US in February 2022, customers have been unable to make or receive voice calls while roaming there. However, customers can once again make and receive voice calls via our 4G Voice (VoLTE) roaming service.
With our 4G Voice roaming service, customers are expected to experience:
Superior audio quality (HD Voice) on calls made over the mobile network
Simultaneously use data while on a voice call (surf and talk)
Call conferencing with up to 6 participants
Quicker call set up time
*Subject to roaming partner network*
Effective 6th February 2023, bmobile launched its 4G roaming service in the US. To access this service customers must have a VoLTE compatible device and would be required to visit bmobile to upgrade their sim card at no cost.

seeing dis but it saying

(1) is only for iPhones now, salt for android, salt.
(2) customer sim card needs to be "upgraded to an iSIM"

wdmc is an iSIM what is it. google giving me non-mainstream results so I donno what to make of it. digicel have esim but what is isim

jsm1985
Sweet on this forum

Postby jsm1985 » February 8th, 2023, 1:32 pm

Not sure why they're calling it an iSIM as I was told it's a physical SIM card by a bmobile dealer. Awaiting instructions from my TSTT account manager to do the swap.

shaneelal
Riding on 16's

Postby shaneelal » February 8th, 2023, 9:52 pm

jsm1985 wrote:Not sure why they're calling it an iSIM as I was told it's a physical SIM card by a bmobile dealer. Awaiting instructions from my TSTT account manager to do the swap.

IMS SIM (ISIM)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_Multim ... ity_Module

xtech
punchin NOS

Postby xtech » February 9th, 2023, 6:09 am

B252AE55-6C8F-4FFD-937C-69A0C8DBCD96.jpeg

shaneelal wrote:
jsm1985 wrote:Not sure why they're calling it an iSIM as I was told it's a physical SIM card by a bmobile dealer. Awaiting instructions from my TSTT account manager to do the swap.

IMS SIM (ISIM)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_Multim ... ity_Module

shaneelal
Riding on 16's

Postby shaneelal » February 9th, 2023, 6:38 am

^ Therefore it is not an iSIM but ISIM, don't think about it physically but technically in terms of the network you're trying to access. If interested, you can read up on VolTE and IMS network.

Universal Integrated Circuit (UICC)
Each UE must contain one UICC and each UICC may have one or more of the following modules.

Subscriber Identity Module (SIM): SIM identity information used by a GSM network.
UMTS Subscriber Identity Module (USIM): USIM information used by a UMTS or LTE network.
CDMA Subscriber Identity Module (CSIM) or Re-Useable Identification Module (R-UIM). CDMA network uses this identity information
IP Multimedia Services Identity Module (ISIM): IMS subsystem uses IMSI identity information.

https://www.3glteinfo.com/ims-volte-architecture/

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » February 9th, 2023, 10:37 am

jsm1985
Sweet on this forum

Postby jsm1985 » February 14th, 2023, 12:08 am

Collected my new SIM that allows US roaming - looks like exactly the same SIM that bmobile has had for years. Dunno why they just didn't try to launch eSIM instead of wasting resources on this then to have to roll out eSIMs in probably a couple months.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » February 14th, 2023, 4:39 am

jsm1985 wrote:Collected my new SIM that allows US roaming - looks like exactly the same SIM that bmobile has had for years. Dunno why they just didn't try to launch eSIM instead of wasting resources on this then to have to roll out eSIMs in probably a couple months.
Worldwide, the newer SIM cards have more storage capacity. The first cards had 8kb of memory, the current size is 256kb. Any GSM phone can use it and it can be swapped between phones. eSIM is something that is built into the phone's motherboard.

shaneelal
Riding on 16's

Postby shaneelal » February 14th, 2023, 6:27 am

Eventually everyone may use eSIM but besides the hype, does it really benefit you locally? Right now, if you have an eSIM and damage your phone on a Saturday night, you can't simply transfer your # to another phone, you have to wait until Monday to visit a Digi store and pay $50.

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » February 14th, 2023, 7:07 am

shaneelal wrote:Eventually everyone may use eSIM but besides the hype, does it really benefit you locally? Right now, if you have an eSIM and damage your phone on a Saturday night, you can't simply transfer your # to another phone, you have to wait until Monday to visit a Digi store and pay $50.

Having a local e-sim offers no real benefit for me. My current set up is physical local sim and an e-sim for travel. I only use one local network.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » February 14th, 2023, 9:00 am

shaneelal wrote:Eventually everyone may use eSIM but besides the hype, does it really benefit you locally? Right now, if you have an eSIM and damage your phone on a Saturday night, you can't simply transfer your # to another phone, you have to wait until Monday to visit a Digi store and pay $50.

Without a physical SIM, you can activate service or switch handsets without ever stepping into a store at all. Everything can be done on the phone or the web. PCS networks have been working this way since the 1990s.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » February 14th, 2023, 10:33 am

You should be able to transfer an esim profile online through the provider's website or app within minutes without visiting a physical store. If that feature is implemented by the provider. Knowing Trinidad however they need to make things as inconvenient and stupid as possible.

shaneelal
Riding on 16's

Postby shaneelal » February 14th, 2023, 10:33 am

^That's fine if you're in the US, unfortunately at this time in T&T you'll need to visit an outlet.

sekhar_777
3NE 2NR for life

Postby sekhar_777 » February 14th, 2023, 11:03 am

Anyone getting through using the 824-TSTT call support line? I have been trying for the last 2 days and various hours and it's be like a bad nightmare.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » February 14th, 2023, 2:30 pm

shaneelal wrote:^That's fine if you're in the US, unfortunately at this time in T&T you'll need to visit an outlet.
I doubt that will be the case forever. There is also a disadvantage in not rolling out eSIM. If you consider that some flagship phones will support dual SIMs if, and only if, at least one is an eSIM, there is clearly a market benefit.

joshuarshah
3NE 2NR for life

Postby joshuarshah » March 25th, 2023, 1:09 pm

Seems like bmobile has added the AWS band to their network. Curious to see how aggressively they will roll this out. I've spotted it active so far in POS, Couva, Sando, Grande and Tunapuna.
Attachments
Screenshot_20221128-190416_Service mode RIL.jpg
Last edited by joshuarshah on June 15th, 2023, 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » March 25th, 2023, 2:36 pm

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » March 25th, 2023, 2:44 pm

What u mean? It's part of the microchip you cannot physically see it or access it.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » March 25th, 2023, 3:10 pm

what if it drop out

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » March 25th, 2023, 3:26 pm

What if the CPU welded onto the phone's motherboard drops out?

juswil868
Street 2NR

Postby juswil868 » April 1st, 2023, 3:59 pm

joshuarshah wrote:Seems like bmobile has added the AWS band to their network. Curious to see how aggressively they will roll this out. I've spotted it active so far in POS, Couva, Sando and Tunapuna.

What does this mean? Bmobile LTE is terrible on my S23 ultra. I cannot achieve carrier aggregation. This can be due to my handset but i get LTE+ with Digicel.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 2nd, 2023, 9:27 am

maj. tom wrote:What u mean? It's part of the microchip you cannot physically see it or access it.

oh i now see dat :oops:

joshuarshah
3NE 2NR for life

Postby joshuarshah » April 2nd, 2023, 2:43 pm

juswil868 wrote:
joshuarshah wrote:Seems like bmobile has added the AWS band to their network. Curious to see how aggressively they will roll this out. I've spotted it active so far in POS, Couva, Sando and Tunapuna.

What does this mean? Bmobile LTE is terrible on my S23 ultra. I cannot achieve carrier aggregation. This can be due to my handset but i get LTE+ with Digicel.

It should mean faster speeds and more capacity in areas where bmobile has deployed AWS.

Digicel does CA with bands 2 and 4 only. bmobile does CA with 2 and 28 so it's possible that your device can't aggregate 2 and 28 together. Not sure if bmobile is aggregating 2 and 4 cause my phone can't do that.

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » April 28th, 2023, 3:59 pm

Anybody data cut off sando area?

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » April 28th, 2023, 4:05 pm

Musical Doc wrote:Anybody data cut off sando area?

Mine is down in PoS.
Only bothered to check b/c of this post

joshuarshah
3NE 2NR for life

Postby joshuarshah » April 28th, 2023, 4:11 pm

Mine is down in Saint Augustine

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”