Calling all air gun enthusiasts

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

solarkh
3NE 2NR for life

Re: Calling all air gun enthusiasts

Postby solarkh » August 28th, 2019, 3:41 pm

Thanks
88sins wrote:they did get stock some months ago, but the way things go they might be out of the semiautomatics by now.
ime agostini stocks don't last long, pcps are the first to finish, then the powerful break barrels.

180beast
Ricer

Postby 180beast » November 14th, 2019, 5:14 pm

by chance where could i have my crosman 1077 repaired? its leaking out the gas.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 15th, 2019, 6:14 am

180beast wrote:by chance where could i have my crosman 1077 repaired? its leaking out the gas.

if you want to keep it, nowhere.
iirc that has a rifled barrel, which is illegal to possess without an FUL.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 15th, 2019, 7:21 am

centrefire never sold 1077's with their retrofitted smoothbores ?

88sins wrote:
180beast wrote:by chance where could i have my crosman 1077 repaired? its leaking out the gas.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 15th, 2019, 10:36 am

To the best of my knowledge they never carried the 1077, or any other cO2 models.

180beast
Ricer

Postby 180beast » November 15th, 2019, 1:22 pm

so what to do fellas? i never repaired one , i changed the seating seal with the piercing washer and it leaking where the pellet is inside, like the nozzle inside

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 15th, 2019, 3:20 pm

180beast wrote:so what to do fellas? i never repaired one , i changed the seating seal with the piercing washer and it leaking where the pellet is inside, like the nozzle inside

you sure that thing is worth repairing, after taking it's potential for causing you legal problems into consideration?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 15th, 2019, 3:27 pm

Would not advise asking certain gun dealers to repair either.

There is a particular dealer who has been known to send squad cars of cops to harass
Persons just for harassing sake or if you badtalk him or he hear a talk about you.

He was tight with gg predecessor and able to do those things, Dunno if he tight with gg.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 15th, 2019, 3:42 pm

pugboy wrote:Would not advise asking certain gun dealers to repair either.

There is a particular dealer who has been known to send squad cars of cops to harass
Persons just for harassing sake or if you badtalk him or he hear a talk about you.

He was tight with gg predecessor and able to do those things, Dunno if he tight with gg.

he's not. and he ain't chupid either. monkey know the difference between coconut & gru-gru.

180beast
Ricer

Postby 180beast » November 15th, 2019, 5:47 pm

well i have my liscence and my first rifle i bought which is working good, but the crosman i got from my grandfather who is deceased now , i had it for about a year and now decided to hit small tins with my son but its just leaking out , ive used it long time and know its basically a bb gun level so thats why i asked for help.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 15th, 2019, 10:41 pm

Make sure it is unloaded and clear,
Look down and see if it is a smoothbore, use phone cam if necessary.

There are old Airguns around locallay which are rifled as they would have been acquired before the stupid law change.

brams112
punchin NOS

Postby brams112 » November 16th, 2019, 10:18 am

88sins wrote:

When I saw this man say gas, I wondering how or where he getting canisters or how he moving with the oui

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 17th, 2019, 9:15 am

pugboy wrote:Make sure it is unloaded and clear,

There are old Airguns around locallay which are rifled as they would have been acquired before the stupid law change.

the 1077 came out post change, air weapons order was issued on 31st Dec. 1970. but that doesn't automatically equate to the one he has being smothbore.
better he check to be 100% certain, & if it is rifles see if he can change the barrel if he has an air gun permit & want's to keep it. to ketch an illegal firearms case for a 1077 don't make sense.

180beast wrote:well i have my liscence and my first rifle i bought which is working good, but the crosman i got from my grandfather who is deceased now , i had it for about a year and now decided to hit small tins with my son but its just leaking out , ive used it long time and know its basically a bb gun level so thats why i asked for help.

Understandable, just make sure it is in fact smoothbore, then once it is you can take it to any reputable licensed gunsmith that deals in air weapons to have it repaired.
Though if I were you I personally would just perform a total rebuild myself, really no telling what other seals or parts need changing after all these years.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 17th, 2019, 10:40 am

88sins wrote:
pugboy wrote:Make sure it is unloaded and clear,

the 1077 came out post change, air weapons order was issued on 31st Dec. 1970. but that doesn't automatically equate to the one he has being smothbore.
better he check to be 100% certain, & if it is rifles see if he can change the barrel if he has an air gun permit & want's to keep it. to ketch an illegal firearms case for a 1077 don't make sense.

180beast wrote:well i have my liscence and my first rifle i bought which is working good, but the crosman i got from my grandfather who is deceased now , i had it for about a year and now decided to hit small tins with my son but its just leaking out , ive used it long time and know its basically a bb gun level so thats why i asked for help.

Understandable, just make sure it is in fact smoothbore, then once it is you can take it to any reputable licensed gunsmith that deals in air weapons to have it repaired.
Though if I were you I personally would just perform a total rebuild myself, really no telling what other seals or parts need changing after all these years.
Don't send your Air rifle by gunsmiths.
A firearm and air rifle is not the same. These local gunsmiths are clowns and think they know about repairs. Some of these smiths don't know much about modem air guns nor parts.

YouTube repairs on air rifles. I did my own spring and seal change and saved a ton by ordering my own parts and doing the repairs myself.

Plus it gives you chance to learn your own repairs.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » November 18th, 2019, 11:11 pm

whats the scene with paintball guns now?
i see two companies having paintball games and nuff guns on the scene

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » December 8th, 2019, 1:11 am

Where sells co2 tanks? and what size?

I am looking for something small with a head that can be removed to fill dry ice in.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » December 8th, 2019, 8:28 am

nervewrecker wrote:Where sells co2 tanks? and what size?

I am looking for something small with a head that can be removed to fill dry ice in.

What you want is called a bulk fill system. You not gonna get that locally, but you have a few relatively cheap options if you willing to improvise and get creative.
If it's for a cO2 gun, you can use a 5 minute scuba tank, or if you want something lighter a carbon fiber bottle. Only problem with both those options is when you putting dry ice in them you have to drain them first then open them and put in the dry ice, so you will be losing whatever residual pressure is in the bottle. Unless you get a big tank and fill that with a lot of dry ice and a small tank to transfer the gas to.

pm me some details of what you trying to do if you want ideas.

streetbeastINC.
punchin NOS

Postby streetbeastINC. » December 22nd, 2019, 1:24 am

Fs break barrel Gamo socom, fired 5 times
2500. Paid 5500.
Bought at A E tact.

For anyone i know can work out a payment plan.

Trades accepted for anything i can use, auto parts accessories etc.

MUst Have permit.
No permit no sale

316--0908
284-1895

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » January 3rd, 2020, 7:45 pm

So I had a co2 tank I got as junk from someone last year.
Couldn't get the regulator off so first thing this year I took the torch to it.
Got the valve stem free up and gave it a small turn and gas start to pitch.
Well guess who drop torch and run.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 3rd, 2020, 7:54 pm

u real brave boi
should have emptied it first

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » January 3rd, 2020, 7:56 pm

Couldn't get it open.
Was a discarded tank. I say it empty.
Was scrap iron

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » January 3rd, 2020, 8:01 pm

pugboy wrote:u real brave boi

Co2 not combustible.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » January 3rd, 2020, 8:10 pm

But a tank under pressure will rupture if you heat and weaken the walls

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » January 3rd, 2020, 9:36 pm

nervewrecker wrote:But a tank under pressure will rupture if you heat and weaken the walls
The problem is usually when the gas propels the valve across the yard as you loosen the threads.

We used old tanks as .30 caliber rifle targets. Many still had acetylene or propane gas in them but I never once saw one explode from a shot. I can't say what would have happened if you overheated one. I don't expect that it would have been pleasant.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » January 4th, 2020, 6:09 am

rspann wrote:
pugboy wrote:u real brave boi

Co2 not combustible.

Compressed gas in a high pressure vessel doesn't need to be combustible to be dangerous. Especially a gas that's as temperature sensitive as cO2

adnj wrote:The problem is usually when the gas propels the valve across the yard as you loosen the threads.

We used old tanks as .30 caliber rifle targets. Many still had acetylene or propane gas in them but I never once saw one explode from a shot. I can't say what would have happened if you overheated one. I don't expect that it would have been pleasant.

That isn't the only dangerous thing that can happen. You do not want to be standing anywhere near a untested cf bottle or tank with 4500 psi of air in it.
For perspective, there was an incident several years ago where a the side wall of a paintball tank rated for 4500 psi failed while being filled. The fella that was standing a few feet away when it happened now has one leg and can only hear out of one ear. Iirc investigators found that the tank was past due for hydro and had some pitting and oil on the aluminum bladder.
Compressed gases ain't nothing to play with.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » January 4th, 2020, 8:12 am

88sins wrote:For perspective, there was an incident several years ago where a the side wall of a paintball tank rated for 4500 psi failed while being filled. The fella that was standing a few feet away when it happened now has one leg and can only hear out of one ear. Iirc investigators found that the tank was past due for hydro and had some pitting and oil on the aluminum bladder.

That seems like a series of serious misjudgments. In my case, any old tank, wired up to a post, at the opposite end of a 500 meter rifle range. A couple of shots later and you have a verifiably inert tank.

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » January 4th, 2020, 8:46 am

adnj wrote:
88sins wrote:For perspective, there was an incident several years ago where a the side wall of a paintball tank rated for 4500 psi failed while being filled. The fella that was standing a few feet away when it happened now has one leg and can only hear out of one ear. Iirc investigators found that the tank was past due for hydro and had some pitting and oil on the aluminum bladder.

That seems like a series of serious misjudgments. In my case, any old tank, wired up to a post, at the opposite end of a 500 meter rifle range. A couple of shots later and you have a verifiably inert tank.

You is a sniper at that distance

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » January 4th, 2020, 11:04 am

adnj wrote:

IMHO, there were 3 misjudgements in that scenario
One was the failure to get the cylinder hydrotested, and in all total honesty that's not really his fault entirely, because for most small tanks hydrotesting isn't mandatory because of what's commonly known as the 2x2 rule. The 2x2 rule is basically an industry accepted standard that tanks that are less than 2" in diameter or less than 2 cu. ft in volume when empty are exempt from the usual mandatory hydro testing & recertification process every 3-5 years that larger cylinders are required to do. Most certified hydrotesting stations will tell you it's not necessary but will do it if you insist (most ppl don't), & some will even flat out refuse to do it.
The second was the oil in the tank, caused by filling from compressors that have oil blow by mixing with the compressed air going into the cylinder. the chances of there being oil in the cylinder could have been avoided by filling with a properly maintained compressor that's rated for breathing air, as well as doing an odor test of the air in it and/or a visual inspection inside the cylinder
His third error, standing too close to & filling an unsecured tank in an open area. Now, I usually fill my tanks when they are resting on the floor, but they are always in a stand & the tanks are always strapped to the inside of a kevlar lined bag. So if there is a wall rupture, I know the chances of flying shrapnel or fast moving air injuring anyone is very low. And yes ppl, fast moving air as can be vented from a tank, even a small stream, can do some serious damage.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » January 4th, 2020, 12:14 pm

I can't say that I ever dived with a pony bottle other than an AL30 so all of my tanks were always inspected - unless it was a rental tank while traveling where it's any one's guess.

dougla_boy
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby dougla_boy » January 23rd, 2020, 5:54 pm

So I bought a break barrel air rifle from a brethren. Had it parked down for a few. Hatsan Mod 70 with an Optima adjustable scope

It had some rust on it, surface rust on the barrel, but I cleaned it out, thanks to Sins, he gimme some advice how to deal with it. Look before and after pics below dey

Before pics:
IMG_20200122_180732.jpeg
IMG_20200122_180727.jpeg
IMG_20200122_180725.jpeg
IMG_20200122_180720.jpeg
IMG_20200122_180717.jpeg
IMG_20200122_180716.jpeg
IMG_20200122_180713.jpeg

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”