Forums

Brexit....

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

SMc
punchin NOS

Re: Brexit....

Postby SMc » June 30th, 2016, 4:35 pm

Trini ancestors died in pretty much every war...not sure what point you are trying not to make, but I feel you have succeeded in doing so.

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » June 30th, 2016, 4:40 pm

The character of the EU can be summarized in two quotes from the president of the European parliament & the president of the European Commission.

The EU iz far from anything resembling democracy.

"The British have violated the rules. It is not the EU philosophy that the crowd can decide its fate" Martin Schultz

"When it becomes serious, you have to lie" Jean-Claude Juncker

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-2 ... e-its-fate
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... o-lie.html

Lance
punchin NOS

Postby Lance » July 4th, 2016, 7:32 am

Nigel Farage stepped down today.

Can't wait for the next episode.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » July 4th, 2016, 7:59 am

Its telling that the EU cant deal with a FULLY democratic choice to leave.

And any economic fall out was already on the cards...Brexit is just a lightning rod, a volunteer witch in a big witch hunt.

given the financial markets ability to shrug off problems I wouldn't be surprised if they are higher in one year.

Now the Fed and the ECB have a great reason to print more money.

toe pee the garbage bin sized can down the road.

BRZ
Riding on 16's

Postby BRZ » July 4th, 2016, 8:35 am

So Europe on the verge of confusion, America may damn well be next with Trump in September. Interesting !

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » July 4th, 2016, 8:55 am

Farrage cause he bacchanal and now he leaving the dance??
Steups!!!

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » July 4th, 2016, 1:05 pm

^^^ nothing wrong with that. He only had one vote at the end of the day kinda unfair for you to blame him, he contributed yes but so did all the fools who too chain up and ran with it.

Coppershot
Riding on 17's

Postby Coppershot » July 4th, 2016, 9:59 pm

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/brexit-eu-nigel-farage-1.3655934
"Isn't it funny, you know, when I came here 17 years ago, and I said that I wanted to lead a campaign to get Britain to leave the European Union, you all laughed at me. Well I have to say, you're not laughing now are you?" he

After all them years, fighting for brexit, he finally got what he wanted.....and then realized a week later it was a bad idea...resigns.

desifemlove
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby desifemlove » July 5th, 2016, 7:52 am

not jus him, but many others too. why ent yuh pick on Gove, or JOhnson? haha..

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » July 5th, 2016, 8:07 am

The non UK markets reacted more than the FTSE.
German,French Dutch,Spanish,Swiss and certainly Greek anti Euro sentiment are all in the 40+% range with Greece almost double that
France and Germany have elections next year.

This is less about the UK than it is about the reality that the political directorate of the Euro has gotten it wrong and has disenfranchised a relevant chunk of the 500+M people within the euro.

You cant blame the UK for reaching the fire escape first.
The theater is on fire

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » July 5th, 2016, 9:00 am

desifemlove wrote:not jus him, but many others too. why ent yuh pick on Gove, or JOhnson? haha..

Because unlike Johnson and Gove, Farrage has been the face of Brexit for almost 17 years. Under him The UKIP's profile was significantly boosted.

Johnson has in fact been described as mildy Eurosceptic by the London School of Economics.

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » July 5th, 2016, 9:31 am

Enoc Powell predicted thiz outcome 40 years ago...

Powell: You have two events, if I may say so, slightly confused. One was the Conservative Party conference where I said I would never assent to the act of abnegation involved in Britain joining the Common Market; and a meeting in East Ham in September 1971 when I said it will not happen. I am still convinced it will not happen. I am convinced that the people of this country cannot be absorbed into a European state.

Day: But you said we would not go into the Common Market, and we did go into the Common Market, and are not just as wrong now as you were then?

Powell: No sir, the British people do not mean it because they have still not been able to credit the implications of being in the Common Market. They still think they will be a nation. They still think they will govern and tax and legislate for themselves. They are mistaken. It’s not the fault of many of the pro-marketeers that they are mistaken, but it is the thing, so incredible to them, that I am not inclined to blame them overmuch. But they will learn.

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2015/06/15/eu ... ond-grave/

Coppershot
Riding on 17's

Postby Coppershot » July 6th, 2016, 3:41 pm

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/politics/Genealogy-site-reports-40-percent-jump-Irish-roots-searches-post-Brexit.html
A genealogy site, in the United Kingdom, has reported a 40 percent surge in membership following the Brexit vote as people search for their Irish roots, in the hope of successfully applying for an Irish passport.

Ancestry.co.uk, a site which allows the public to trace their family tree, has seen a rise in membership numbers since the public voted, at referendum, in favor of the United Kingdom leaving the European Union. According to reports the site has seen a deluge in people searching their family history, looking for an Irish connection. These reports tally with news coming from Ireland's Ministry for Foreign Affairs, which confirmed a massive boom in applications for Irish passports.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » May 24th, 2019, 6:36 am

Another one bites the dust...:|

Theresa May to resign as prime minister

Theresa May has said she will quit as Conservative leader on 7 June, paving the way for a contest to decide a new prime minister.

In an emotional statement in Downing St, she said she had "done my best" to honour the 2016 EU referendum result.

It would remain a matter of "deep regret" that she had been unable to deliver Brexit, she added.

Mrs May said she will continue to serve as prime minister while a Conservative leadership contest takes place.

She will step down as Tory leader on 7 June and a leadership contest is due to begin the following week.

The prime minister has faced a backlash from her MPs against her latest Brexit plan, which included concessions aimed at attracting cross-party support.

Andrea Leadsom quit as Commons leader on Wednesday saying she no longer believed it would "deliver on the referendum result".

Mrs May met Home Secretary Sajid Javid and Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt at Downing Street on Thursday where they are understood to have expressed their concerns about the bill.

In her statement on Friday, she said that in order to deliver Brexit, her successor would have to build agreement in Parliament.

"Such a consensus can only be reached if those on all sides of the debate are willing to compromise," she said.

Mrs May said she had done "everything I can" to convince MPs to support the withdrawal deal she had negotiated with the European Union but it was now in the "best interests of the country for a new prime minister to lead that effort".

Mrs May's voice shook as she ended her speech saying: "I will shortly leave the job that it has been the honour of my life to hold.

"The second female prime minister, but certainly not the last.

"I do so with no ill will, but with enormous and enduring gratitude to have had the opportunity to serve the country I love."

Labour Leader Jeremy Corbyn said she had been "right to resign" and that the Conservative Party was now "disintegrating".

A series of Conservative MPs praised Mrs May following her statement.

Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt said she was a "true public servant":

Chief whip Julian Smith praised her commitment to the country as "outstanding".

And Mrs Leadsom, who quit on Wednesday, said the prime minister's speech had been "very dignified".

Following her emotional coda to her statement on the steps of Downing Street, expect the tributes to Theresa May to flood in, even from those pushing her from office.

Her resilience. Her determination. Her sense of duty.

Ultimately, though, her premiership fell apart in an attempt to bring people together.

Her Brexit deal stymied by too many of her own MPs, she tried to reach out across the Commons.

But in proposing a vote on a referendum - even though she expected MPs to reject another public vote - she over-reached.

Some members of her cabinet who are manoeuvring to replace her withdrew their consent from her latest plan, effectively throwing out its compromises and her leadership.

She pointed today to some of her achievements in office but frankly she has had to announce the timetable for her departure before securing the legacy she desired - leaving the EU with a deal.

In a hung parliament, the question now is whether the next Conservative leader will be able to succeed where she failed.

Or whether something more radical will be required: no deal, a new referendum, or a general election.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-48395905

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 24th, 2019, 6:51 am

Awaits our own cariexit.

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » May 24th, 2019, 11:55 am

Labour have to demand fresh election , they can almost smell the blood

update: my bad it happened already -https://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2019/may/24/jeremy-corbyn-calls-for-general-election-following-may-resignation-video

(That is what does happen when u working and cant stay updated with news till lunch)
Last edited by death365 on May 24th, 2019, 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » May 24th, 2019, 11:57 am

MAyexit now!

matr1x
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby matr1x » May 24th, 2019, 1:38 pm

Corbyn more useless than she

SMc
punchin NOS

Postby SMc » May 24th, 2019, 4:02 pm

Who vote? Chances are the whole will be squashed as 4 million + 'EU' citizens living in the UK were unable to vote ...if you doubt me ask Daran

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » May 25th, 2019, 9:57 am

I have no idea who will want that PM job at this point, because whoever it is knows exactly how it will end as well.

The entire Brexit idea was flawed because David Cameron created a mess by asking the people an extremely complicated question of which none of the population actually understood the meaning of leaving the EU. And how could the average person understand all the complex trade agreements made over decades, how could the average citizen be asked to make a decision on that? So to the polls then, and most people are now realizing just the leaving the EU is... in fact the UK stands to lose immensely from leaving the EU. And instead of saying "we made a mistake" this Brexit will now plague the UK until it is over and will topple many leaders and governments in the future. You know, the EU actually told UK that they can just forget the entire issue by a certain date, and that date has passed several times.

And that's the legacy of May. She rose to PM and didn't get to do what she wanted to advance her nation, because she was embroiled in the horror of Brexit. Something that took many, many years and millions of pages of paperwork to create, it is impossible to undo in even a 5 year term. And she has paid for it. And the next Tory PM will pay the same price. And a General Election will be called again. And then Labour will pay the same price. This is why you don't give a referendum on such complicated issues like trade. People vote with feelings and had no idea how the UK would lose due to a Brexit idea. Politicians get paid to do their jobs, and they asked the people their opinion on something so complicated that none of them understood.

So Goodbye May. Unfortunate timing to her term in Office, and I'm afraid her legacy could be as bad as Thatcher's.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » May 25th, 2019, 10:00 am

Ben_spanna wrote:MAyexit now!

Doh study Mayexit, study Ventry.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 25th, 2019, 10:23 am

rspann wrote:
Ben_spanna wrote:MAyexit now!

Doh study Mayexit, study Ventry.
Rspann put down some more apartments, Venny paying rent.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » May 25th, 2019, 10:26 am

Yeah, but they does keep the place real nasty. I have to build some barrack type accommodations for them.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » May 27th, 2019, 11:03 am

Right winning in Europe

Trinispougla
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Trinispougla » May 27th, 2019, 11:33 am

SMc wrote:Who vote? Chances are the whole will be squashed as 4 million + 'EU' citizens living in the UK were unable to vote ...if you doubt me ask Daran

Actually voter turnout increased this year to 51%(EU elections not usually seen as important, hence the low turnout) as a result of brexit and the general rise of Far Right political parties. Belgium was the result that shocked me the most. That is the seat of the EU and they overwhelmingly voted for a Flemish separation party....at least in Flanders. The general result across Europe of immigration, fake news and crippling austerity 11 years on from the financial crisis.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » July 23rd, 2019, 8:55 am

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » July 23rd, 2019, 9:18 am

is it just me, or does anyone else find he look like a slightly smarter, not as much comb over UK version of America's Donald Dump?

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » July 23rd, 2019, 9:19 am

allyuh bess hope he dont slap Caribbean islands with a VISA requirement from now on.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » July 23rd, 2019, 9:35 am

The few British friends I know were talking last month and were saying Boris isn't that much of a buffoon as American MSM has him made out to be.
I can't say but he now controls the world's 4th largest economy and 5th largest nuclear arsenal. Makes him a pretty powerful man.

*Shrugs shoulders*

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » July 23rd, 2019, 10:19 am

The Tory party needs to deliver Brexit by October or there will be consequences.

The Brexit Party (Farage) won a majority in the EU elections.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”