Forums

SUPER GAS burning faster!

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

zoom rader
TunerGod

Re: SUPER GAS burning faster!

Postby zoom rader » May 16th, 2016, 9:02 am

Last time this con job happen was in the mid 80s, was a lot of public outcry for the water down gas we was getting. I remember taxi drivers used to add transmission fluid to the gas to boost it up, don't know how effective it was. A lot of engines in that era had problems

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » May 16th, 2016, 9:05 am

Well the truth is that the fuel is supposed to be spec d by Bureau of Standards and ongoing testing at gas stations and at the bond by all parties-Petrotrin,Min of Energy,NP Unipet,BSTT et all is SUPPOSED to be on going.

People tend to be funny with fuel.

UNIPET/NP have the same source-Petrotrin...yet people swear by x or y Marketer, station, and frankly even which PUMP they take fuel from.

With a product whose use is so ubiquitous it would be difficult to keep a 'conspiracy'...political or otherwise quiet.

Keep in mind that if a used tested the gas, ANY user and determined that the gas is sub spec....its a FATAL LEGAL nightmare...due again to the volume of people that involved as users...and in the supply chain.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 16th, 2016, 9:08 am

Redman wrote:Well the truth is that the fuel is supposed to be spec d by Bureau of Standards and ongoing testing at gas stations and at the bond by all parties-Petrotrin,Min of Energy,NP Unipet,BSTT et all is SUPPOSED to be on going.

People tend to be funny with fuel.

UNIPET/NP have the same source-Petrotrin...yet people swear by x or y Marketer, station, and frankly even which PUMP they take fuel from.

With a product whose use is so ubiquitous it would be difficult to keep a 'conspiracy'...political or otherwise quiet.

Keep in mind that if a used tested the gas, ANY user and determined that the gas is sub spec....its a FATAL LEGAL nightmare...due again to the volume of people that involved as users...and in the supply chain.

You really think the public have faith in the local Bureau of standards, they probably reading newspapers or eating doubles by now. Every thing in Trini can be brought or conned

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » May 16th, 2016, 9:15 am

Well it isnt a testimony of faith in the BSTT.

The reality is that the multiple parties test and retest the gas.....given the amount of hands the fuel passes through.

No one trusts any one.

Given the volumes no one wants to take the hit.

So the fuel is tested :
before purchase BY Petrotrin (in the case of import) FROM Petrotrin(in the case of local produced)
NP/UNIPET carry out their own test.
Stations do their own QA/QC.

All the while BSTT, Min of Energy, NP,Unipet,OSHA are inspecting , guaging, calibrating etc at many steps of the way.

A station goes through inspections from Min of Energy,BSTT and NP/Unipet.
Random and un announced

All these are done by people that USE the product.

So substandard fuel would be a well known broadly exposed issue.

And the Liability is HUGE since everything is established fixed standards..by contract

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » May 16th, 2016, 11:53 am

How can you tell it's running hotter? Maybe your thermostat is sticking.

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RBphoto » May 16th, 2016, 2:00 pm

pete wrote:How can you tell it's running hotter? Maybe your thermostat is sticking.

A lot of people don't understand that when you change coolant, it is a good idea to change your thermostat, heat sensor, and radiator cap. They work together to regulate engine temp.

bluesclues
punchin NOS

Postby bluesclues » May 16th, 2016, 2:08 pm

Steups well i wouldnt doubt the skullduggery going on at the station itself by the workers. Went and put gas the other night 1am. Attendant brisk brisk want to serve me and take my money to full my gas. I watch him. Bytch stop the pump $10 short and start to close up my lid. Ah say... 'aye boss yuh $10 short.' Hear him nah.. 'how much money yuh did give me again? He heself give the cashier $40 didnt give me no change but stopping at 30. Cashier man had to activate the pump for an extra 10 dollars. So like 2 ah them on it. So thirsty to split a extra $10 between themself. Sad. Watch out eh trini. With these hard times real smartmanism going to go on. And man go have to colleck bullet for not doing straight business.

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RBphoto » May 16th, 2016, 2:59 pm

bluesclues wrote:Steups well i wouldnt doubt the skullduggery going on at the station itself by the workers. Went and put gas the other night 1am. Attendant brisk brisk want to serve me and take my money to full my gas. I watch him. Bytch stop the pump $10 short and start to close up my lid. Ah say... 'aye boss yuh $10 short.' Hear him nah.. 'how much money yuh did give me again? He heself give the cashier $40 didnt give me no change but stopping at 30. Cashier man had to activate the pump for an extra 10 dollars. So like 2 ah them on it. So thirsty to split a extra $10 between themself. Sad. Watch out eh trini. With these hard times real smartmanism going to go on. And man go have to colleck bullet for not doing straight business.

$10.00 X10=$100.00. Cool $500 each if they do that whole day. I always come out of my car to check the filling.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » May 16th, 2016, 4:06 pm

bluesclues wrote:Steups well i wouldnt doubt the skullduggery going on at the station itself by the workers. Went and put gas the other night 1am. Attendant brisk brisk want to serve me and take my money to full my gas. I watch him. Bytch stop the pump $10 short and start to close up my lid. Ah say... 'aye boss yuh $10 short.' Hear him nah.. 'how much money yuh did give me again? He heself give the cashier $40 didnt give me no change but stopping at 30. Cashier man had to activate the pump for an extra 10 dollars. So like 2 ah them on it. So thirsty to split a extra $10 between themself. Sad. Watch out eh trini. With these hard times real smartmanism going to go on. And man go have to colleck bullet for not doing straight business.

ah man with vision like yourself should realise that the attendants any where can hit 75-100 people that shot per day.

not like you were the only one looking like they could get take....

attendants could make a cool 1000 if they in the right area.

bluesclues
punchin NOS

Re: RE: Re: SUPER GAS burning faster!

Postby bluesclues » May 16th, 2016, 4:08 pm

Redman wrote:

ah man with vision like yourself should realise that the attendants any where can hit 75-100 people that shot per day.

not like you were the only one looking like they could get take....

attendants could make a cool 1000 if they in the right area.

Yeah buh leh meh make them look bad nah how they tusty for a measely $10 lol

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » May 16th, 2016, 4:13 pm

Other scam is when they put at $20 in one car then try to catch you by putting the nozzle in yours and starting to fill one time before you notice they didn't reset the pump.

purple_heart77
Sweet on this forum

Postby purple_heart77 » May 16th, 2016, 4:13 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:With the speed limit now I have moved from around 11L per 100kms to 8L per 100kms.

Similar but a little lower figures here.

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » May 16th, 2016, 9:17 pm

RBphoto wrote:
pete wrote:How can you tell it's running hotter? Maybe your thermostat is sticking.

A lot of people don't understand that when you change coolant, it is a good idea to change your thermostat, heat sensor, and radiator cap. They work together to regulate engine temp.

Did not know the bit about the sensor and rad cap. Good to know.

kerron01
Sweet on this forum

Postby kerron01 » May 17th, 2016, 10:58 am

I noticed this too. If you put some super gas in a test tube or measuring container and let it sit you will notice the faster rate it would vaporize. I Think it's linked to the now large amount of butane used, a component that's used to make up the gasoline when blending.

This could be the batch that was recently made.

Ppl Just a thought no actual facts here.

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » May 24th, 2016, 1:56 pm

Thought this thread was just stupid rubber talk but decided to check myself. I'm only getting 320km per half tank of gas, down from ~380km

zdeternal
3NE 2NR for life

Postby zdeternal » May 24th, 2016, 2:33 pm

rollingstock wrote:Thought this thread was just stupid rubber talk but decided to check myself. I'm only getting 320km per half tank of gas, down from ~380km

told you... It was obvious to me when I started this thread... I've been monitoring my gas since (two different vehicles) and it hasn't ameliorated.... My question is... WHY???? We're ALREADY paying more for gas.... Is this an elaborate scheme to solicit more money from the average JOE? Think about businessmen.. They always sell out the "old stock" before putting out the new (longer shelf-life product)... I've followed the explanations posted and none seem to give a plausible answer... conspiracy? Maybe... For me the change occurred within a few days/week after the subsidy removal... anyway.. my two cents

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RBphoto » May 24th, 2016, 2:43 pm

rollingstock wrote:Thought this thread was just stupid rubber talk but decided to check myself. I'm only getting 320km per half tank of gas, down from ~380km

Tiida has a nice little interface for telling you your estimated mileage and gas usage.

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » May 24th, 2016, 3:14 pm

The galant too, it's called math :|

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » May 24th, 2016, 5:52 pm

rollingstock wrote:The galant too, it's called math :|

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » May 24th, 2016, 6:00 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:drive below 80kmph and it will even out.

doing that, and from a full tank at unipet brentwood, it's already under the 3/4 mark, with only 88km on the trip. usually that's over 100km.

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » May 24th, 2016, 6:04 pm

88km and below 3/4 tank? :shock:

Which vehicle the wagon? Doesn't that have a GA? Aren't those fuel efficient?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » May 26th, 2016, 7:10 pm

Last I heard was a qg15. Or maybe I heard wrong.

Crazydriver
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Crazydriver » May 27th, 2016, 12:06 am

I use a qg15 and well, driving @80k from Gaspy to caroni takes 1/8 tank.. used to get to POS on 1/8 tank before Oct last yr

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » May 27th, 2016, 1:02 pm

Where do you buy gas?

My grocery getter still averages 500 to 600 km per tank with average driving. I only fill up in unipet or newer NP gas stations.

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » May 27th, 2016, 2:51 pm

Medford and occasionally Brentwood.

ingalook
Riding on 16's

Postby ingalook » May 27th, 2016, 7:13 pm

OK my odometer and speedo died on me, so I can't talk mpg - but for some reason my B18c hatch pulling like a mofo on this recent super - now this is purely subjective, it may just be that I'm driving around in a SUV so much that my car feels crazy fast in comparison.

Crazydriver
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Crazydriver » May 30th, 2016, 5:31 am

well I usually fill @np stations, the newer ones but when gas runs low I don't get picky about where I buy

hondablood
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: RE: SUPER GAS burning faster!

Postby hondablood » May 30th, 2016, 6:50 am

ingalook wrote:OK my odometer and speedo died on me, so I can't talk mpg - but for some reason my B18c hatch pulling like a mofo on this recent super - now this is purely subjective, it may just be that I'm driving around in a SUV so much that my car feels crazy fast in comparison.

No speedo means no vtec.must be the latter
zdeternal wrote:Ever since the removal of the subsidy on gas, I've noticed that the SAME amount of gas burns out FASTER, making me visit the gas station more frequently... I have spoken to several other vehicle owners who have expressed the same sentiment. Can anyone shed some light on this? As a conspiracy theorist, I'm wondering whether they're selling (the lesser demanded) PREMIUM gas as super (or some version that's burning faster)

ingalook
Riding on 16's

Re: RE: SUPER GAS burning faster!

Postby ingalook » May 30th, 2016, 9:42 am

hondablood wrote:
ingalook wrote:OK my odometer and speedo died on me, so I can't talk mpg - but for some reason my B18c hatch pulling like a mofo on this recent super - now this is purely subjective, it may just be that I'm driving around in a SUV so much that my car feels crazy fast in comparison.

No speedo means no vtec.must be the latter
zdeternal wrote:Ever since the removal of the subsidy on gas, I've noticed that the SAME amount of gas burns out FASTER, making me visit the gas station more frequently... I have spoken to several other vehicle owners who have expressed the same sentiment. Can anyone shed some light on this? As a conspiracy theorist, I'm wondering whether they're selling (the lesser demanded) PREMIUM gas as super (or some version that's burning faster)

My redline is 8700, I think I would notice if I didnt have VTEC :?

TRDGUY
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby TRDGUY » May 30th, 2016, 1:04 pm

I fully agree with the fuel blends I've had some recent experiences with filling up and my car pulls like crap. Change stations to fill up in subsequent times and huge difference with power gains I use only premium doh.

At first I thought maybe it's my mind but seriously something is wrong even in my other vehicles that use super and diesel they suffer the same way

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”