Forums

Gas prices in Trinidad & Tobago

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Gas prices in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby timelapse » October 6th, 2022, 9:05 am

maj. tom wrote:yah that's wasting the money of higher octane fuel in a carburettor two-stroke engine since an amount of fuel ends up in the exhaust anyway. Unless your cutter has a direct injection two-stroke? Plus they are small engines with low compression ratio.

The Stihl brushcutters require at least 89-octane at 50:1 with the two-stroke oil, don't see any reason to use Premium. Super gasoline in Trinidad is already 92 RON.
I never actually thought about that.Does it affect the oil/gas mixture if I use super?

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » October 6th, 2022, 9:17 am

No same ratio for mixing. Using premium is just wasting money and it makes it harder to start sometimes

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » October 6th, 2022, 5:44 pm

OPEC+ has agreed its deepest cuts to oil production since the coronavirus pandemic, curbing supply in an already tight market despite pressure from the United States and others to pump more.

In a statement after a meeting in Vienna on Wednesday, the global cartel of oil-producing countries announced it would produce 2m barrels less a day.

The move could spur a recovery in oil prices, which have dropped to about $90 from $120 three months ago on fears of a global economic recession, rising US interest rates and a stronger dollar.

Al Jazeera’s Dominic Kane, reporting from Berlin, said the effect of the decision is expected to take three weeks to be reflected in consumer prices.

https://www.aljazeera.com/economy/2022/ ... s-pressure

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » November 24th, 2022, 4:02 am

it have no question that the current gas is burning out faster than normal an it have nothing we can do. someone mentioned to me that he has a diesel and gasoline vehicle and both is burning out faster but the diesel is still a better bet as it not burning out as fast. can anyone verify this is the case. diesel men is your diesel a better purchase than gasoline? i dont want to go a converted cng so if diesel giving me a better bang for buck i will look into going diesel.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » November 24th, 2022, 6:36 am

The price is what makes you feel so.

I still pull back my usual 32-35mpgs and I do a mix of different new stations again when one say red lasting longer than green.
daring dragoon wrote:it have no question that the current gas is burning out faster than normal an it have nothing we can do. someone mentioned to me that he has a diesel and gasoline vehicle and both is burning out faster but the diesel is still a better bet as it not burning out as fast. can anyone verify this is the case. diesel men is your diesel a better purchase than gasoline? i dont want to go a converted cng so if diesel giving me a better bang for buck i will look into going diesel.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » November 24th, 2022, 6:53 am

Exactly that is a mental thing. You are paying more for the same thing so you expect more or at least the same value for money. The price just increased , that's it.
Dave wrote:The price is what makes you feel so.

I still pull back my usual 32-35mpgs and I do a mix of different new stations again when one say red lasting longer than green.
daring dragoon wrote:it have no question that the current gas is burning out faster than normal an it have nothing we can do. someone mentioned to me that he has a diesel and gasoline vehicle and both is burning out faster but the diesel is still a better bet as it not burning out as fast. can anyone verify this is the case. diesel men is your diesel a better purchase than gasoline? i dont want to go a converted cng so if diesel giving me a better bang for buck i will look into going diesel.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » November 24th, 2022, 9:17 am

Dave wrote:The price is what makes you feel so.

I'm am getting better mileage now than before but its all down to things I could have always done -
I have switched from Premium to Super
I drive less aggressively
I have started using the Eco mode which I never used before

Overall I still get sheit efficiency (comparatively) but my main commute is an east west corridor one during rush hours in a 2.0l engine vehicle

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » November 24th, 2022, 10:32 am

I can say that I usually get over 300km from my tank of gas(needle on 1/4) but now I'm getting less than 300 even tho car was serviced recently. Not blaming the gas tho. Because to get a little technical, everybody saying is the gas, but who has the knowledge about what exactly about the gas that is causing it to burn faster? What component of the gas has changed that is causing it to burn faster? I would like to know the answer, just for knowledge purposes. Because if there is no proof then you can't blame the gas.

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » November 24th, 2022, 4:05 pm

I'm still getting ~600km per tank so no changes.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » November 25th, 2022, 7:25 am

My mileage is identical. I always full from empty.

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » November 25th, 2022, 9:17 pm

Mine has definitely changed, getting under 400km per fill. Just hit around 3500k since last service so will have to monitor after I service again. Im using premium btw

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » November 25th, 2022, 9:22 pm

gas really burning out faster. i guessing is the higher traffic levels tho. we get too sweeten up to roads being semi-clear

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » November 25th, 2022, 9:40 pm

It's definitely the traffic (constant stop and go is terrible for fuel economy) + the higher cost making ppl pay more attention, myself included.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » November 25th, 2022, 11:04 pm

tank seemed to be burning fuel faster up to a few weeks ago when i replaced bad bushings and worn tires in front-doh know if that can cause it.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » November 26th, 2022, 1:53 am

price is not an issue as i just say full the tank and hand them the company gas card. i used to full gas once a week and a full tank last one week for me. now i full sunday morning and then by wednesday or thurdsay gas light on but the question was if men that have a diesel and gas vehicles if the diesel is giving better cost to performance over gas.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » November 26th, 2022, 1:59 am

Musical Doc wrote:I can say that I usually get over 300km from my tank of gas(needle on 1/4) but now I'm getting less than 300 even tho car was serviced recently. Not blaming the gas tho. Because to get a little technical, everybody saying is the gas, but who has the knowledge about what exactly about the gas that is causing it to burn faster? What component of the gas has changed that is causing it to burn faster? I would like to know the answer, just for knowledge purposes. Because if there is no proof then you can't blame the gas.

i remember when you go to full gas a year ago when you open the gas cover you would hear a sound as if you open a soft drink and smell gas. now i hear nothing and dont even smell the gas.

xtech
punchin NOS

Postby xtech » November 26th, 2022, 5:35 am

daring dragoon wrote:
Musical Doc wrote:I can say that I usually get over 300km from my tank of gas(needle on 1/4) but now I'm getting less than 300 even tho car was serviced recently. Not blaming the gas tho. Because to get a little technical, everybody saying is the gas, but who has the knowledge about what exactly about the gas that is causing it to burn faster? What component of the gas has changed that is causing it to burn faster? I would like to know the answer, just for knowledge purposes. Because if there is no proof then you can't blame the gas.

i remember when you go to full gas a year ago when you open the gas cover you would hear a sound as if you open a soft drink and smell gas. now i hear nothing and dont even smell the gas.

You evap system faulty or nonexistent. Your engine should be sucking on the tank till it is a vacuum pulling the fumes out

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » November 26th, 2022, 6:18 am

xtech wrote:
daring dragoon wrote:

You evap system faulty or nonexistent. Your engine should be sucking on the tank till it is a vacuum pulling the fumes out

i am not the only one who say this

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » November 26th, 2022, 7:41 am

Who vex vex...
Do not buy gas at Orange Valley gas station on the fishing depot road.Dem effers manipulating the pumps somehow and overcharging.Also their fuel has water in it and it effed up my car the same day that they overcharged me.
I find it hard to believe that it cost me $260 to fill a tank in Orange Valley from E and the same amount of fuel costs $195 in Charlieville.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » November 26th, 2022, 8:22 am

timelapse wrote:Who vex vex...
Do not buy gas at Orange Valley gas station on the fishing depot road.Dem effers manipulating the pumps somehow and overcharging.Also their fuel has water in it and it effed up my car the same day that they overcharged me.
I find it hard to believe that it cost me $260 to fill a tank in Orange Valley from E and the same amount of fuel costs $195 in Charlieville.

how fish prices in the depot?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » November 26th, 2022, 8:32 am

daring dragoon wrote:

how fish prices in the depot?
Literally nobody buys at the depot.Buy straight off the boats when they come in.Best prices

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » December 4th, 2022, 7:24 am

OUT OF GAS

Roads in parts of South and Northeast Trinidad are dangerous and pose risk to lives and, as such, National Petroleum (NP) has decided to not supply fuel to several stations.

The company is, however, working on a plan to address the situation.

In response to questions from the Sunday Express yesterday via telephone, NP chief executive officer (CEO) John Gormandy said he cannot put workers’ lives at risk, as health, safety and environment (HSE) officers have deemed the roads to be dangerous for supply trucks to traverse.

Gas station dealers told the Sunday Express a large section of Trinidad’s population in areas such as Icacos, Cedros, Tabaquite, Flanagin, Manzanilla, Mayaro and Toco have been severely impacted by this, and a non-supply creates an emergency situation.
https://trinidadexpress.com/news/local/out-of-gas/article_735bf28e-7375-11ed-9ced-1f4383a096aa.html

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » December 4th, 2022, 9:16 am

Lovely....

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » December 4th, 2022, 9:41 am

The army can't deliver the gas?

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » December 4th, 2022, 9:52 am

S_2NR wrote:The army can't deliver the gas?
Is that part of their duties?

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » December 4th, 2022, 10:13 am

hover11 wrote:
S_2NR wrote:The army can't deliver the gas?
Is that part of their duties?

and is it osha compliant

Pirate
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Pirate » December 4th, 2022, 11:31 am

But the general public has to traverse these routes. So if something happens to a citizen, you can sue the government due to non-osh compliance?
:?

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » December 26th, 2022, 4:36 pm

Put up yuh hand if you getting better mileage since school closed! lol

Ok, so interesting info, lets see if anybody experienced the change since school closed like I did. Years ago when i had gotten my tiida, my mileage with the needle on 1/4 used to be anywhere between 450-500km. Used to get 150km average off the first 1/4 tank etc. In the last year or so it had dropped, getting between 300-350km with the needle on 1/4. I atributed it to the engine getting older etc. In the last recent months when school started back I started getting under 300km even though I did a full service. I atributed that to the engine being older plus now having to drive through a million back roads and lots of traffic to get to and from work because school started back. For the last 2 weeks, now that school closed, I can use the highway to go to work and free flow, no traffic. My mileage has bumped back up to over 400km. Filled gas twice and got over 400km. So when school starts back next week I'm gonna see if it goes back down again

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » December 26th, 2022, 10:12 pm

I've been filling there a couple times a week for 12+ years. A few different cars/vans, so mix of super diesel and premium as the case may be.

Never had an issue with fuel quality, or overcharging/ incorrect $.

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » April 2nd, 2023, 1:47 pm

This might mean higher prices for we

OPEC producers' unexpected 1.15 million barrel per day production cut could lift global oil prices by $10 per barrel, the head of investment firm Pickering Energy Partners said on Sunday.

The output reduction "will firm prices meaningfully," said Dan Pickering, co-founder of the Houston-based firm.

"We will probably get a $10 (per barrel) move in crude," Pickering said in an interview.

Saudi Arabia and other producers disclosed voluntary cuts ahead of Monday's OPEC ministerial monitoring meeting that was expected to endorse existing production levels. The OPEC group said the move was aimed at supporting market stability.

https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/opec-production-cut-could-lift-oil-prices-by-10-per-barrel-analyst-says-2023-04-02/

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”