TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Are there any laws regarding electronic equipment standards?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Freak
3NE 2NR for life

Are there any laws regarding electronic equipment standards?

Postby Freak » February 3rd, 2016, 11:24 am

Trying to get some information regarding the standards as it relates to electronic equipment testing.

Items such as cable boxes / dvd players etc.
Are there any laws or standards as it relates to the testing of these equipment.
Should there be any sort of stamp or mark that specifies its of a certain standard.

I am asking as the company i work for want to make sure they are meeting all regulations / standards as it relates to both new equipment and refurbished equipment as it relates to electronic testing.

If you have any information please let me know.

4kin4kar
Sweet on this forum

Re: Are there any laws regarding electronic equipment standa

Postby 4kin4kar » February 3rd, 2016, 11:38 am

Call bureau of standards we do have standards. They will perform a site inspection of the goods

SMc
punchin NOS

Postby SMc » February 3rd, 2016, 11:48 am

Sure they not just after somthing like PAT 'testing'? I don't that falls under the remit of the BoS t that will be the responsibility of the business owners.

In know in some countries the HSE or its equivalent will provide guidelines maybe you should start there before you wast your time testing things that dont' need to be or by using the incorrect test method

Freak
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Freak » February 3rd, 2016, 1:18 pm

Actually let me make it clear what i am looking at.
I am looking specifically at electronic. Regionally we are looking at implementing a hi pot test.
This is the details of the test:
The purpose of the Hi Pot standard is to implement a testing process by applying a high electric potential to determine whether its dielectric strength is suitable or not (it’s just for the STB with internal power supply). This not applies for the ones that have external power supply.

The test consists in applying a high voltage (about 2,5kVAC) between a ground terminal and the terminal that normally be connected to the power line 220 / 110V, for a time 5 seconds . This ensures that the unit will not transmit to the user, potential overvoltage’s received by the power line.
Some countries require this test done.
They are checking if this is something Trinidad needs for both refurbished or new products.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » February 3rd, 2016, 5:05 pm

I don't know if "regular" UL and Euro standards would apply to something of that voltage. You could contact a manufacturer and enquire.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”