TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&TEC, WASA increase coming in 2016... now 2023?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

zoom rader
TunerGod

Re: T&TEC, WASA increase coming in 2016... now 2021?

Postby zoom rader » December 22nd, 2020, 10:28 am

Redman wrote:
jhonnieblue wrote:I don't think any loan will say for cutting staff. If anything it will be along the lines of improving operational management and efficiency.
I don't see how pointing fingers is going to solve the problem though. Both governments are directly responsible for the situation WASA is in with regards to corruption and inefficiency.

The goal is to blame the PNM...all the way back to 62.

But don’t mention that in 2010-2015 we had:

The knowledge and information,
The financial ability,
The global economy to support the necessary actions.
As documented in the loan doc.

We had the fully cooked opportunity to fix some or all the problems...we borrowed money to do so...and the UNC didnt.

250000,000 usd x6.5 is 1.6b in principal...ignoring interest...
What happened to the money?

Why we still have the problems?
Yes I blame kams for not fixing Wasa in ONE Term.

Thank Jah that Rowlee fixing Wasa after NINE terms.

Jah bless the red Goverment

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » December 22nd, 2020, 12:04 pm

Again with the limp deflect...

So who is responsible for taking the US 250,000,000 loan?
Who should be held responsible for incurring the debt and not doing the work?

Ent you blame Malcolm Jones for the toots that was done under his watch?

yEs, BuT u StIlL hAvE tHe MaLcOmE jOnEs LoAn BuLlEt PaYmEnT

Morning Smash.

What is different with Kamla?

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » December 22nd, 2020, 1:26 pm

T&TEC's debt position a few years ago was $5.6B. WASA was $5B. That's a total of $10.6B. By now, I am pretty sure the debt position probably increased to $12B.

The government's response to expenditure being more than income is to increase rates. They hope the rates increase will raise revenue to a point where it meets expenditure. But the poor management model complete with the mandatory combination of nepotism and corruption will continue. Mind you, this will not pay off a multi billion dollar debt position.

Tax payers would continue to get the raw end of the stick. I'm confident though that since we are in bed with the CCP, perhaps they might write off the debt in exchange for ownership.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 22nd, 2020, 2:46 pm

Redman wrote:Again with the limp deflect...

So who is responsible for taking the US 250,000,000 loan?
Who should be held responsible for incurring the debt and not doing the work?

Ent you blame Malcolm Jones for the toots that was done under his watch?

yEs, BuT u StIlL hAvE tHe MaLcOmE jOnEs LoAn BuLlEt PaYmEnT

Morning Smash.

What is different with Kamla?
Redman

I back from de rumshop and still waiting for you to post the loan for cutting staff

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 22nd, 2020, 8:19 pm

Redman earned the right of jack arse for the day.

Redman made up a fictitious wasa loan for cutting staff. No edvedence to prove his made up statement.

He posted a red Goverment trade unions news letter as if these Unions are credible.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » December 22nd, 2020, 8:40 pm

Well if you can't read i ain't the jackarse.

It's in the loan doc.
Read it.
Use that education Eric Williams gave you

Night Zoombindranath

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » December 22nd, 2020, 9:26 pm

Redman wrote:
jhonnieblue wrote:I don't think any loan will say for cutting staff. If anything it will be along the lines of improving operational management and efficiency.
I don't see how pointing fingers is going to solve the problem though. Both governments are directly responsible for the situation WASA is in with regards to corruption and inefficiency.

The financial ability,

We had the fully cooked opportunity to fix some or all the problems...we borrowed money to do so...and the UNC didnt.

Yet you're the one harping on 2010-2015 :?
When was WASA created? When did they start to become inefficient?
Are you positing that in the non-UNC/PP/NAR terms there was no " knowledge and information, financial ability, global economy to support the necessary actions?"
If the UNC/PP took a loan for WASA's improvement and return to profitability and squandered it then I am first to raise my hand an condemn it outright. HOWEVER, you insistence on a specific, non-PNM time period as the only opportunity in WASA's existence for a course correction, is disingenuous, hypocritical, and biased.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » December 22nd, 2020, 9:40 pm

Project name: Wastewater Rehabilitation Program - Phase I
Project number: TT-L1026
Project Team: Evan Cayetano (WSA/CJA), Project Team Leader; Rodrigo Riquelme, Lucio Garcia, Efrain Rueda, and Irene Cartin (INE/WSA); Marcello Basani (WAS/CGY); Dale James (CCB/CTT); Denise Salabie (PDP/CTT); Shirley Gayle (PDP/CTT); Guillermo Eschoyez (LEG/SGO); Natasha Ward, Stefanie Brackmann (VPS/ESG).
Borrower: Republic of Trinidad & Tobago
Executing Agency: Water and Sewerage Authority (WASA)
Financing Plan: IDB (OC): up to US$200 million
Total: up to US$200 million
Safeguards Policies triggered: OP-703, OP-102, OP-704
Classification: Category: B

Excerpt from Page 4

3.4 Objectives: The general objective of the operation is to continue with the GORTT’s effort to improve the environmental conditions of T&T by decreasing the uncontrolled discharge of untreated wastewater into the environment. The specific objectives of the Phase I are: (i) the strengthening of WASA, through the implementation of institutional and policy reforms, which will enable WASA to provide efficient and cost-effective services; and (ii) the improvement of the existing wastewater management services in San Fernando and Malabar catchment. The program is comprised of the following phases.

3.5 Phase 1 (up to US$200M). This phase will finance activities related to the initiation of policy and institutional reforms at WASA, which will be aimed at setting the reform agenda for WASA, advance the economic regulation of the water sector, institutional restructuring and capacity building, and the construction of two wastewater treatment plants and collection systems for the San Fernando catchment and the Malabar catchment areas.

The first phase will have two components: (i) Component 1: Policy and Institutional Reforms: this component will finance technical assistance to update WASA policy framework, institutional reform and training. This phase will augment WASA’s institutional restructuring and training requirements; and (ii) Component 2 : Construction of San Fernando and Malabar Wastewater Treatment Plants: will finance infrastructure works for the construction of these WWTPs together with trunk sewers and collection systems from existing connections.

3.6 Phase 2 (US$160M). This will involve the takeover, refurbishment, upgrade, and/or decommissioning of malfunctioning wastewater treatment facilities in the respective catchment area and their eventual integration into the newly constructed plants. This
phase will finance the continuation of necessary institutional strengthening activities and the construction of the sewerage network for connection to the WWTP constructed in Phase 1.

3.7 Phase 3 (US$240M). This phase will finance the expansion of the wastewater collection system to cover the population in the catchment areas that are currently on septic tanks and other individual sanitation solutions. This will include financing the connections of individual households in the catchment areas to facilities refurbished/ upgraded in Phase 2.

Source: Page 4 - https://ewsdata.rightsindevelopment.org ... -L1026.pdf

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 22nd, 2020, 9:55 pm

Redman wrote:Well if you can't read i ain't the jackarse.

It's in the loan doc.
Read it.
Use that education Eric Williams gave you

Night Zoombindranath
No where in the story that you posted refers to a loan to cut staff.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 22nd, 2020, 10:00 pm

The_Honourable wrote:Project name: Wastewater Rehabilitation Program - Phase I
Project number: TT-L1026
Project Team: Evan Cayetano (WSA/CJA), Project Team Leader; Rodrigo Riquelme, Lucio Garcia, Efrain Rueda, and Irene Cartin (INE/WSA); Marcello Basani (WAS/CGY); Dale James (CCB/CTT); Denise Salabie (PDP/CTT); Shirley Gayle (PDP/CTT); Guillermo Eschoyez (LEG/SGO); Natasha Ward, Stefanie Brackmann (VPS/ESG).
Borrower: Republic of Trinidad & Tobago
Executing Agency: Water and Sewerage Authority (WASA)
Financing Plan: IDB (OC): up to US$200 million
Total: up to US$200 million
Safeguards Policies triggered: OP-703, OP-102, OP-704
Classification: Category: B

Excerpt from Page 4

3.4 Objectives: The general objective of the operation is to continue with the GORTT’s effort to improve the environmental conditions of T&T by decreasing the uncontrolled discharge of untreated wastewater into the environment. The specific objectives of the Phase I are: (i) the strengthening of WASA, through the implementation of institutional and policy reforms, which will enable WASA to provide efficient and cost-effective services; and (ii) the improvement of the existing wastewater management services in San Fernando and Malabar catchment. The program is comprised of the following phases.

3.5 Phase 1 (up to US$200M). This phase will finance activities related to the initiation of policy and institutional reforms at WASA, which will be aimed at setting the reform agenda for WASA, advance the economic regulation of the water sector, institutional restructuring and capacity building, and the construction of two wastewater treatment plants and collection systems for the San Fernando catchment and the Malabar catchment areas.

The first phase will have two components: (i) Component 1: Policy and Institutional Reforms: this component will finance technical assistance to update WASA policy framework, institutional reform and training. This phase will augment WASA’s institutional restructuring and training requirements; and (ii) Component 2 : Construction of San Fernando and Malabar Wastewater Treatment Plants: will finance infrastructure works for the construction of these WWTPs together with trunk sewers and collection systems from existing connections.

3.6 Phase 2 (US$160M). This will involve the takeover, refurbishment, upgrade, and/or decommissioning of malfunctioning wastewater treatment facilities in the respective catchment area and their eventual integration into the newly constructed plants. This
phase will finance the continuation of necessary institutional strengthening activities and the construction of the sewerage network for connection to the WWTP constructed in Phase 1.

3.7 Phase 3 (US$240M). This phase will finance the expansion of the wastewater collection system to cover the population in the catchment areas that are currently on septic tanks and other individual sanitation solutions. This will include financing the connections of individual households in the catchment areas to facilities refurbished/ upgraded in Phase 2.

Source: Page 4 - https://ewsdata.rightsindevelopment.org ... -L1026.pdf
Thanks for the infor

Redman posted two blantant lies that the loan is fur 250M when according to this document it is for 240M.

Then he post some story about a loan to cut staff, nowhere in this document does it refer to cutting staff.

From what I am reading it says upgrade and expansion,,nothing about staff.

Redman told blantant lies today.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 23rd, 2020, 7:05 am

Daily paid WASA workers, hoping that they will receive sick leave bonuses ahead of the Christmas holiday, staged a protest at the Water utility’s head office in St Joseph.

President of the National Union of Government and Federated Workers’ WASA section Andy Crichlow said it was just another instance of disrespect towards the daily paid workers.

“If you don’t have money there is a process one would go through. Don’t take daily paid people down to the wire who heavily dependent on that sick leave bonus to take care of their Christmas business, to then come and say we eh have,” he said.

Crichlow explained that the arrangement to pay sick leave bonus during Christmas had been in place for 50 years and he was at pains to understand why it was not being upheld this time around.

“It’s a simple thing, the management once again have decided to disrespect the daily paid workers, violate the collective agreement and apparently they are being supported by the Minister or he made some statement. Surely he wasn’t properly informed. He really claimed they was lying to him, so apparently they lying to him. The sick leave bonus is not something we asking for. Sick leave bonus older than the Minister himself,” said Crichlow.

Sick leave bonus is paid out to workers who opt not to take the majority of their allocated sick days, essentially serving as a compensatory incentive for workers not to call in sick.

WASA workers fall under essential services and as such many workers at the authority worked during the COVID-19 lockdown period.

“This is not an offensive move or a defensive move, and is not an offensive move is just that we have to express our dissatisfaction from the management and by extension the minister. We hoping to meet with the acting CO to see what could be worked out,” he said.

During the protest, the workers said they had other concerns, with some expressing dissatisfaction about the lack of backpay.

Crichlow, however, made reference to more statements made by Minister of Public Utilities Marvin Gonzales, such as the call for WASA workers to improve their service as well as the debt owed to the utility by the public.

“You can’t have 700 million dollars outside there and telling me you can’t find 8.5 million to pay me If that come to us in true honesty we would have go out there and collect that money to pay we self...700 million dollars it easy to get 7 million dollars from that,” said Crichlow.

When contacted yesterday, Minister Gonzales said he could not directly respond to the union representative’s statements since he did not all the details regarding the situation.

He, however, said, “I expect WASA management to do their job with full accountability and transparency for the expenditure of public funds. That’s all I expect from them.”

Meanwhile WASA in a statement yesterday evening said it, “recognises that these payments are part of the terms and conditions of employment for Daily Rated employees, as specified in Article 6 of the Collective Agreement between the Authority and the National Union of Government and Federated Workers (NUGFW) and is due to employees who utilise two or less sick days per year.”

The Authority said it is committed to meeting its obligations to its employees under the subsisting Collective Agreement as it had communicated with the union in a letter dated December 15

Red Government Wasa workers demand Sick leave Bonus .

This is Rowlee plan?

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » December 23rd, 2020, 7:15 am

Sounding Angosturaish. They will get paid before weekend. Union like to be drama queens is all. 50 years and how many times has it been paid late or not at all? Is there a specified date when it is to be paid? Private sector, you get your salary at a specified time, maybe an arrangement for Christmas in some companies, but there is no "rule" or "policy"

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » December 23rd, 2020, 7:24 am

De Dragon wrote:
Redman wrote:

The financial ability,

Are you positing that in the non-UNC/PP/NAR terms there was no " knowledge and information, financial ability, global economy to support the necessary actions?"
If the UNC/PP took a loan for WASA's improvement and return to profitability and squandered it then I am first to raise my hand an condemn it outright. HOWEVER, you insistence on a specific, non-PNM time period as the only opportunity in WASA's existence for a course correction, is disingenuous, hypocritical, and biased.

But you have not raised your hand. Have you.

And as normal you mis represent what I've said...I've never said only....I said that the UNC had the advice money and opportunity to deal with WASA in a meaningful way...yet didn't.

we discussing WASA..and staff levels.
My stated position is that conditions at WASA is a decades in the making and an all of them problem....see earlier posts

2 posters talking about PNM back to 1962....yet no one called for documentation on details, ZR don't need to see anything....see earlier posts....

Here we have specific info about a loan that was disbursed specifically to reduce staff levels...but it didn't happen.

You should read the links.....and form your own opinion.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » December 23rd, 2020, 7:38 am

Redman wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Redman wrote:

The financial ability,

But you have not raised your hand. Have you.

And as normal you mis represent what I've said...I've never said only....I said that the UNC had the advice money and opportunity to deal with WASA in a meaningful way...yet didn't.

we discussing WASA..and staff levels.
My stated position is that conditions at WASA is a decades in the making and an all of them problem....see earlier posts

2 posters talking about PNM back to 1962....yet no one called for documentation on details, ZR don't need to see anything....see earlier posts....

Here we have specific info about a loan that was disbursed specifically to reduce staff levels...but it didn't happen.

You should read the links.....and form your own opinion.

Ah yes, even the Christmas has not dampened your obduracy :roll:
You said that in your post, but you're still framing it as if they alone had access to these things.Is it so hard to say "the PNM as well had these things but failed to do a damn thing at WASA?"
Your insistence on not naming the PNM specifically may help your handler approve your weekly transcripts, but it isn't flying here.
Also, you really expect someone to pull a document from 1962 to show a WASA loan to counter your point? :rofl:

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 23rd, 2020, 8:13 am

Redman take front today and just won another kant of day title

Congrats to Redman

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » December 23rd, 2020, 8:24 am

When last has the local economy been on strong footing????
Oil/Gas prices???

The world economy that enabled financing to oil/gas economies??

When last did NGC have 16B in dividends to take?
What would be the scenario if that 16B went directly to dealing with Petrotrin OR WASA, OR TTEC????

What would be the situation if they dealt with ONE of these issues- instead of leaving ALL of them for some one else to deal with?

Answer the questions-instead of worrying about what Ive said or didnt say.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 23rd, 2020, 8:39 am

Redman wrote:When last has the local economy been on strong footing????
Oil/Gas prices???

The world economy that enabled financing to oil/gas economies??

When last did NGC have 16B in dividends to take?
What would be the scenario if that 16B went directly to dealing with Petrotrin OR WASA, OR TTEC????

What would be the situation if they dealt with ONE of these issues- instead of leaving ALL of them for some one else to deal with?

Answer the questions-instead of worrying about what Ive said or didnt say.
Red goverment, woulda , coulda, shoulda. Job losses, failed economy, no forex, excuses.

Yep kams to blame for her one term in office while the red Goverment had a cosy Nine terms in a heavy oil and gas boom.

Redman = blame Kamala since 1956

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » December 23rd, 2020, 8:41 am

Blame Kamla for the sheit she actually did.

Feel free to blame who you want about what they ACTUALLY did.

You seem incapable of either.

Or answering direct Questions.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 23rd, 2020, 9:15 am

Redman wrote:Blame Kamla for the sheit she actually did.

Feel free to blame who you want about what they ACTUALLY did.

You seem incapable of either.

Or answering direct Questions.
When you can account for the red Goverment mis management during their NINE terms in office then we will weight the pros and cons of Kams ONE term in office

You need to accept the fact the red Goverment did total Crap

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » December 23rd, 2020, 9:29 am

I have NEVER said anything different,

What I have said is that this is ALL of them.

But answer the Q - why din the UNC solve the problem they borrowed the money to solve??

Did they or didnt they??

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 23rd, 2020, 9:31 am

Redman wrote:I have NEVER said anything different,

What I have said is that this is ALL of them.

But answer the Q - why din the UNC solve the problem they borrowed the money to solve??

Did they or didnt they??
You except kams to slove all of the red Goverment mis management in one Term while the red Goverment had NINE terms?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » December 23rd, 2020, 9:36 am

Well they took a loan in 2012 to do something- I expect them to do it.

It eh rocket science.

From the docs 20.1 M USD was disbursed specifically to finance the downsizing.

Yet here we are.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 23rd, 2020, 10:22 am

Redman wrote:Well they took a loan in 2012 to do something- I expect them to do it.

It eh rocket science.

From the docs 20.1 M USD was disbursed specifically to finance the downsizing.

Yet here we are.

Righttttt Kams should fix wasa in One term on a small loan.

Meanwhille what happened to Project pride that cost this country 490Million to build an airport and not one truck load of sand was ever brought ?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » December 23rd, 2020, 10:34 am

LOL-so taking loan for a reason and not executing is ok.

You keeping your award.

So deflect for tanty Kams and redirect to PNM tootz.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 23rd, 2020, 10:46 am

Redman wrote:LOL-so taking loan for a reason and not executing is ok.

You keeping your award.

A reason to fix Wasa problems which was caused by the red Goverment nine term in office.

You think all the ills of Wasa can be slove in one Term on a small loan?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 23rd, 2020, 10:52 am

Ok enough kicks for today I off for my daily nip.

Latersss

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » December 23rd, 2020, 11:08 am

zoom rader wrote:

You keeping your award.

A reason to fix Wasa problems which was caused by the red Goverment nine term in office.

But the loan states reductions to be done 2012-2016.
Were they done?
where were staff levels when the UNC left office.

What was the benefit to WASA for the loan-upto 2015?
They borrowed money to reduce stafe FROM 4736 in 2012.

Where are we?

You bess go drink yuh rum- you eh making sense here.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 23rd, 2020, 11:49 am

Redman wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

You keeping your award.

But the loan states reductions to be done 2012-2016.
Were they done?
where were staff levels when the UNC left office.

What was the benefit to WASA for the loan-upto 2015?
They borrowed money to reduce stafe FROM 4736 in 2012.

Where are we?

You bess go drink yuh rum- you eh making sense here.

Please show where the loan says they have to cut staff 2012 to 2016

If so, then why the red goverment did not carry out cutting staff in 2016? They had a year what held them back?

You cant count contractors as Wasa Staff.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » December 23rd, 2020, 4:29 pm

Attachments
8.png
7.png
6.png
5.png
4.png
3.png
2.png
1.png

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » December 31st, 2020, 10:38 am

WASA decide to end 2020 with a bang
Attachments
IMG-20201231-WA0074.jpg
IMG-20201231-WA0073.jpg

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”