TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&TEC, WASA increase coming in 2016... now 2023?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: T&TEC, WASA increase coming in 2016... now 2021?

Postby 88sins » December 8th, 2022, 8:55 pm

bluefete wrote:But isn't it an actual reading that you get on your current (no pun, eh) bill? Don't they just putt it from their IT system?

Isn't that why the "meterman" does not visit your home anymore?
88sins wrote:
computercentral wrote:250-300 average household use per month ? My average bill is 1300-1500 per cycle

That 250-300 is average, without ac usage or other high current draw appliances.
How often you running appliances that have a heavy current draw like ac, water heater, clothes dryer, etc.?

Is the little things does add up to your electric bill, and the small changes do make a BIG difference.
That, and one more thing.
You see them estimates ttec does be making, very often they overestimate your usage. And I have a reason to say that.
A few months ago, i find my bills was a bit high. Didn’t bother to query it, just paid them in full and forgot about them. Here's the thing. My last two billing cycles, when I got the bills, the amounts due were in the negative figures. One was minus 260ish, the other was minus 170-something.

You should ask for an actual meter reading.

I thought so too, until I got bills reading in the negative.
So is either they still estimating bills, or my house somehow feeding current to the grid instead of drawing from it

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » December 8th, 2022, 9:35 pm

The RIC still have to do public consultations right? I hope they get some serious pushback from both residential and commercial sectors. And perhaps they should exempt ppl who using less than a certain amount from paying extra. Just charge extra when u pass a certain kwh usage.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » December 8th, 2022, 10:04 pm

soo, why dont they sue the bad payers like what tstt doing... or use credit chex for bad payers, like what wasa doing...

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » December 9th, 2022, 5:08 am

sMASH wrote:soo, why dont they sue the bad payers like what tstt doing... or use credit chex for bad payers, like what wasa doing...

Because the biggest bad payer they supply is actually the government and several state agencies, and it go look like rank incompetence and corruption to see a ministry getting several billion dollars allocated in the budget every year yet owing millions in unpaid electricity bills.

And in politics, is never about what it is or how it works, is about how it looks. Image is everything

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » December 9th, 2022, 5:16 am

Look how more households gonna doctor meters now

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » December 9th, 2022, 7:11 am

hmmn, will it be more feasible now to add solar to some devices at least?

if it was easy and cheap to have a tandem system, to switch from solar to ttec depending on availability.

those breakers not cheap. as off now, the solar circuit has to be separate runs fromt he normal house wiring ,and u would have to unplug and replug between both.

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » December 9th, 2022, 12:35 pm

hover11 wrote:Question,why is a small roti shop/food stall or even a parlor subjected to the same commercial rates as a big industrial complex. That is very unfair. Why do the customers have to clear a debt created by incompetant politicians and the Board at T&TEC? That is also unfair
It depends on the usage still. A business=usage for profit = commercial.
If tanti decide she lil corner/roti shop need 4 beverage chillers 2 standing freezers and a 36k btu AC blasting all day with 2 deep fryers and an electric stove, well leh she pay the damn bill.
For contrast, a bar with 2 chillers, 2 15cuft chest freezers 1 21cuft c/freezer, 27 lighting outlets using mixed fluorescent and led bulbs, plus small appliances and a water pump, averages 1300.00 a billing cycle.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » December 9th, 2022, 2:09 pm

parlour would only pay commerical rates if it have its own meter- most parlours have that or they just run current from d house?

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » December 9th, 2022, 2:11 pm

sMASH wrote:hmmn, will it be more feasible now to add solar to some devices at least?

if it was easy and cheap to have a tandem system, to switch from solar to ttec depending on availability.

those breakers not cheap. as off now, the solar circuit has to be separate runs from he normal house wiring ,and u would have to unplug and replug between both.

if not allowed already ttec needs to allow grid tied solar installations- let ppl reduce their ttec consumption and if possible, feed back power into it and get cash from ttec.

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » December 9th, 2022, 3:14 pm

redmanjp wrote:
sMASH wrote:hmmn, will it be more feasible now to add solar to some devices at least?

those breakers not cheap. as off now, the solar circuit has to be separate runs from he normal house wiring ,and u would have to unplug and replug between both.

if not allowed already ttec needs to allow grid tied solar installations- let ppl reduce their ttec consumption and if possible, feed back power into it and get cash from ttec.

Does this make sense though? I'm just trying to understand how it would work. How I see it, TGU already has the capacity to power the whole island correct? So if the solar installations were allowed, wouldn't it just mean that ttec would just be paying customers instead of TGU?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » December 9th, 2022, 5:01 pm

Biggest deterrent to households going solar in trinidad isn't the difficulty, it's the cost/benefit in comparison with simply staying on the national electrical grid.

Panels, batteries, cables, storage costs for the bank, all expensive. And then there will be limitations to what you can run on the limited power you generate and store due to size of storage capacity, weather and the ability to generate energy efficiently, etc.
Then there's insurance and safety considerations.
And then there's the probability of theft and you becoming unwillingly the victim in the local stolen battery racket

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » December 9th, 2022, 7:07 pm

Musical Doc wrote:
redmanjp wrote:

Does this make sense though? I'm just trying to understand how it would work. How I see it, TGU already has the capacity to power the whole island correct? So if the solar installations were allowed, wouldn't it just mean that ttec would just be paying customers instead of TGU?

yes this is how it operates in other countries with grid tied solar installs. if u have excess power u sell your power back to the grid and the power company pays u for it.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » December 9th, 2022, 7:11 pm

redmanjp wrote:
Musical Doc wrote:
redmanjp wrote:

yes this is how it operates in other countries with grid tied solar installs. if u have excess power u sell your power back to the grid and the power company pays u for it.
However in our case, our power company is debt ridden they not in a position to pay anyone like that

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » December 9th, 2022, 7:17 pm

Correct.
But the real question is if that go make sense here. Hadda remember is trinidad yuh talking about, where a t&tec power surge will burn out every electrical device in your house and you have to prove to them it's their fault before you get compensation from them. Understand, these types of damages due to surges happen relatively infrequently.

So imagine trying to get them to pay a wide section of the population on a regular basis, they go definitely have issues with that

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » December 9th, 2022, 10:09 pm

hopefully we at least get permission for a system which we can easily switch back and forth so that the solar isnt connected to the grid if that's an issue. either way u still saving electricity even if u not actually getting paid by ttec/

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » December 9th, 2022, 10:23 pm

redmanjp wrote:

That’s how the system works in developed countries.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » December 29th, 2022, 10:21 pm

Monthly is so you wouldn't feel it???
Attachments
IMG-20221229-WA0134.jpg

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » December 30th, 2022, 3:35 am

This will make electric vehicles more expensive to operate... unless u stealing electricity

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » December 30th, 2022, 5:46 am

death365 wrote:This will make electric vehicles more expensive to operate... unless u stealing electricity

And I suspect that an increase in electricity theft will be one of the first things to occur when these proposed increases come into effect

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » December 30th, 2022, 8:20 am

Proposed rates != approved new rate. Unless there's something I missed.

I suspect the approved rate will be somewhere lower - just like with CPO and salary negotiations.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » December 30th, 2022, 7:25 pm

that monthly bill will mean more inconvenience for some plus double the lines in TTEC offices to pay bills (tanty and dem doh know how to use online payments) every month.

the increase seems to be linked to the usage as i has recommended- those who use the most e.g. more than 7000 kwh have the greatest increase of >60%- i hope this results in those ppl cutting down their usage and becoming more energy conscious. i sure they pumping AC 24/7 or have multiple ones on in rooms they not using.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » December 30th, 2022, 8:03 pm

Sorry for those persons who live in those gated communities who are not allowed to hang clothes outside to dry.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » December 30th, 2022, 8:15 pm

we rioting after carnival?

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » December 30th, 2022, 8:33 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Sorry for those persons who live in those gated communities who are not allowed to hang clothes outside to dry.

No lines allowed even in your garage?

Even so the dryer won't be a major consumer of electricity unless u using it everyday like AC. and when using it use the low heat mode- saves energy despite longer run time. Even the fluff air mode with no heat can dry clothes over an even longer period as all u really need is moving air.

What uses the vast majority of power is the heater not the motor that spins the dryer.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » December 30th, 2022, 8:39 pm

AC is probably the biggest consumer of power for residential customers. It's the only high powered device than runs for hours each day. I hope incentives like rebates can be given for energy efficient ACs like inverter technology etc. As well as use of radiant barriers to keep heat out.

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » December 30th, 2022, 9:36 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Sorry for those persons who live in those gated communities who are not allowed to hang clothes outside to dry.

Wait nah it have rules against that :shock:

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » December 30th, 2022, 10:38 pm

alfa wrote:

Yeah, normally in gated communities there is an official committee that deals with rules and maintenance of common areas.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » December 31st, 2022, 5:58 am

alfa wrote:

Yesss sirrrr...the popular gated communities in North East trinidad very strict when it comes to "drying clothes outside " . The extra sad part is, several of those houses were built without proper garage space so is pressure all around.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » December 31st, 2022, 6:30 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
alfa wrote:

Yesss sirrrr...the popular gated communities in North East trinidad very strict when it comes to "drying clothes outside " . The extra sad part is, several of those houses were built without proper garage space so is pressure all around.
An electric clothes drier requires 2 to 6 kilowatt-hours of electricity to dry a load of laundry.

At the highest current rate of 68 cents per kWh, the cost is no more than $4.

To my eyes, that doesn't seem like much of an issue. Unless, of course, your actual interest lies in the reduction of global carbon emissions.

matr1x
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby matr1x » December 31st, 2022, 11:35 am

Reduction of.csrbon emissions is a joke. All this reduction and levels higher than ever?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”