Forums

***The Official Rapid Rail Thread***

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

***The Official Rapid Rail Thread***

Postby The_Honourable » October 6th, 2015, 10:07 pm

Since this is going to be a mega project bigger than the San Fernando to Point Fortin Highway that involves taxpayers dollars, this deserves a thread of its own.

Much has been said of the rapid rail in the General Elections 2015 thread so i expect repetitive posts, once in relates to the thread.

So to start it off, Imbert makes it clear that the project is going full speed ahead:

TRINITRAIN - Rapid Rail project Proposed in 2009. 3 Videos:

Last edited by The_Honourable on October 6th, 2015, 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

10-01
punchin NOS

Re: ***The Official Rapid Rail Thread***

Postby 10-01 » October 6th, 2015, 10:18 pm

12094742_10153624096470610_2937396899964074260_o.jpg
Last edited by 10-01 on October 7th, 2015, 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 6th, 2015, 10:26 pm

Grand news for this country. This is what I have been waiting for.

This is the best idea anybody ever come up with in this place. To all those who say this is a bad idea and it cannot be done, all I can say is if we listened to people like you, we would all still be riding donkey cart.

Spitfir3
punchin NOS

Postby Spitfir3 » October 6th, 2015, 10:30 pm

won't knock the idea but im curious to see how this panes out

i think the only option for them is to make the rails elevated

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 6th, 2015, 10:34 pm

Spitfir3 wrote:won't knock the idea but im curious to see how this panes out

What imbert was saying is removal of fuel subsidy which will in itself pay for the rapid rail to maintain it etc.

So they money they will save from fuel subsidy they will use to subsidize the rapid rail instead. This would be excellent news for those who want a proper efficient public transport. Bad for people who prefer to use their cars but also great at the same time since we could pretty much solve the traffic issue.

So look you go pay more for gas but with no traffic you saving gas anyways instead of spending hours with engine and AC running in traffic.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » October 6th, 2015, 10:36 pm

Episode 71 - Politricks at its best

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » October 6th, 2015, 10:51 pm

In on page one

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » October 6th, 2015, 10:57 pm

Inside.........against my better judgement

Richard Marshall
Riding on 17's

Postby Richard Marshall » October 6th, 2015, 10:57 pm

How is it this will be effective in such a small country? Where will the railway be laid? With a massive influx of cars on the road, how much people are going to use it at the expense of their comfort? What if it derails after seeing many derail worldwide? This isn't Japan.

I really don't see the sense in this. The problem we are facing is the importation of cars over the years, and households owning more than one car per person. Also, no one wants to carpool. Everyone is focused on their own comfort.

While it is a good idea, I still can't see it work within this little Island.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 6th, 2015, 11:27 pm

Richard Marshall wrote:How is it this will be effective in such a small country? Where will the railway be laid? With a massive influx of cars on the road, how much people are going to use it at the expense of their comfort? What if it derails after seeing many derail worldwide? This isn't Japan.

I really don't see the sense in this. The problem we are facing is the importation of cars over the years, and households owning more than one car per person. Also, no one wants to carpool. Everyone is focused on their own comfort.

They are removing fuel subsidy and passing it onto the rapid rail. Consumers will now operate more like in other countries where they will weigh their expenses on gas and maintenance of a vehicle vs cost of using a subsidize rapid rail which IMO is how it should have been.

Not sure about diesel and removing subsidy on that though but super definitely has its days numbered. So when people no longer have the luxury of cheap fuel and have to pay the going rate everywhere else they will be more inclined now to give up their car which will intern have a significant impact on traffic in this country.

You talk about the problem we have is importation of cars over the years and I agree which is why removing fuel subsidy will significantly reduce cars on the road more people now will utilize one vehicle to save on gas as compared to right now where 4 people in 1 house has 4 cars.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » October 6th, 2015, 11:36 pm

Dr. Rowley explains the rational behind the Rapid Rail system in Parliament back in 2012.

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » October 6th, 2015, 11:43 pm

Owning more than one car is not a problem. You don't drive them all at once :cry:

Lack of carpooling and driving to go everywhere is an issue(gas cheap). With the influx of the RORO even the lower income bracket can afford to own a car.......or 2. Years ago they used to travel as they didn't own a car.
Last edited by Morpheus on October 6th, 2015, 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 6th, 2015, 11:44 pm

In this day and age there is no reason to be pushing down people in City Gate just to get into a maxi anybody ever travel on evenings?

Is like 200 people trying to get into a 24 seat maxi and they are all pushing hard some stab you with knife or hit you in the ribs I know a woman who was pregnant with her child and lost it due to this same issue.

There simply is not enough available transport for people in rush hour. Only a rapid rail can move this much people we have in Trini.

~Vēġó~
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby ~Vēġó~ » October 7th, 2015, 12:18 am

benefits east/west...nowhere else....already have a priority bus route..can't that be improved upon? then again nowhere else exists in the pnm government mind...everything for east/west...

I so wish for a sando to mayaro highway.....

kurpal_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby kurpal_v2 » October 7th, 2015, 12:30 am

ah want a contract

Kalisnakov
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Kalisnakov » October 7th, 2015, 6:44 am

^^
We all do

Lance
punchin NOS

Postby Lance » October 7th, 2015, 6:48 am

In for the debate.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » October 7th, 2015, 6:59 am

~Vēġó~ wrote:benefits east/west...nowhere else....already have a priority bus route..can't that be improved upon? then again nowhere else exists in the pnm government mind...everything for east/west...

I so wish for a sando to mayaro highway.....

Why do you say it benefits east/west and no where else ? There's will be a north/south line too

gurmuk
3NE 2NR for life

Postby gurmuk » October 7th, 2015, 7:30 am

I dey for contract

daas
Shifting into 6th

Postby daas » October 7th, 2015, 7:35 am

Page 1 still up for grabs...

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » October 7th, 2015, 7:49 am

Well if we have little population growth...0.2%
http://cso.planning.gov.tt/tt-today/Tri ... -2025.html

To what extent do we expect the real car population to grow and Road usage to grow?

What is the real rationale to expending the resources into a RR.... when available alternatives are already semi installed...and remain unexplored, un tested and therefore really un exploited.

The MOF just spent his entire career as MOF saying that we need to control spending,that we need to be pragmatic....we need to cut the fuel subsidy...but has already indicated his decision on the RR.The largest,longest and most complicated project that has one single purpose.

IMHO we need a referendum on this. And I dont want just the results which are useless unless we see the inputs,terms of reference and raw data.

So we building highways AND building mass transit???

Building the highways would allow decentralization.
The ring roads as discussed could help improve the flow

Solving the quality of education delivered at ALL schools would reduce demand for prestige schools and the rush hour traffic into and out of city centers.

Expanding the Water Taxi will help on the West Coast

Fuzzle
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Fuzzle » October 7th, 2015, 7:49 am

Evil will come into light .........

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » October 7th, 2015, 7:56 am

we have a good record for maintaining infrastructure and government modes of transport...

10-01
punchin NOS

Postby 10-01 » October 7th, 2015, 7:57 am

i feel it will have an epic protest by maxi and taxis drivers , then people will be job less due to everyone wanting to take the train and well crime will increase .... idk but the main question where are they going to run the train lines to POS ? are they going to buy out the betham estate ?

BRZ
Riding on 16's

Postby BRZ » October 7th, 2015, 8:26 am

Redman wrote:Well if we have little population growth...0.2%
http://cso.planning.gov.tt/tt-today/Tri ... -2025.html

To what extent do we expect the real car population to grow and Road usage to grow?

What is the real rationale to expending the resources into a RR.... when available alternatives are already semi installed...and remain unexplored, un tested and therefore really un exploited.

The MOF just spent his entire career as MOF saying that we need to control spending,that we need to be pragmatic....we need to cut the fuel subsidy...but has already indicated his decision on the RR.The largest,longest and most complicated project that has one single purpose.

IMHO we need a referendum on this. And I dont want just the results which are useless unless we see the inputs,terms of reference and raw data.

So we building highways AND building mass transit???

Building the highways would allow decentralization.
The ring roads as discussed could help improve the flow

Solving the quality of education delivered at ALL schools would reduce demand for prestige schools and the rush hour traffic into and out of city centers.

Expanding the Water Taxi will help on the West Coast

YES we need to decentralize as many Government offices as possible.

YES we need to Build Better schools and IMPROVE the education system across the board that eventually lead to the Zoning of schools, so that people in POS go to school in POS and those in CEntral and SOUTH, do the same.

I'm sure that just these 2 simple steps will help ALOT with the Traffic.

make meh care
Trinituner Peong

Postby make meh care » October 7th, 2015, 8:29 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
Richard Marshall wrote:How is it this will be effective in such a small country? Where will the railway be laid? With a massive influx of cars on the road, how much people are going to use it at the expense of their comfort? What if it derails after seeing many derail worldwide? This isn't Japan.

They are removing fuel subsidy and passing it onto the rapid rail. Consumers will now operate more like in other countries where they will weigh their expenses on gas and maintenance of a vehicle vs cost of using a subsidize rapid rail which IMO is how it should have been.

Not sure about diesel and removing subsidy on that though but super definitely has its days numbered. So when people no longer have the luxury of cheap fuel and have to pay the going rate everywhere else they will be more inclined now to give up their car which will intern have a significant impact on traffic in this country.

You talk about the problem we have is importation of cars over the years and I agree which is why removing fuel subsidy will significantly reduce cars on the road more people now will utilize one vehicle to save on gas as compared to right now where 4 people in 1 house has 4 cars.

This will only be effective in the east since this is the plan from day one no one will benefit from this except where they are going to place the train stops will still require the use of vehicles for transport persons to and from the station. And with the reliability of this train system which is heavily dependent on power from T&tec ,we are to assume that they are gonna have to power this train system with its own power station. T&Tec has proven man times in the past of having no power for hours at a time. I would not like to squeeze up with persons on a train on any day for this matter of fact and be stuck with them on a train.

daas
Shifting into 6th

Postby daas » October 7th, 2015, 8:36 am

ROWLEY WA A RAPID RAIL UP HE BATTAM

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » October 7th, 2015, 8:40 am

so many questions to answer with this rapid rail

1: where are the tracks going to be placed?
2: in placing those tracks would homes be disrupted?
3: in the event that homes have to move, would the government pay these homeowners for their property.
4:what happens to maxi drivers and taxi drivers?
5: how does the rapid rail help a person travelling from S.Grande to P.O.S??? where are these tracks going to be placed?
6: I'm sure they're gonna say that it would be from Arima to P.O.S which would mean everyone has to park in Arima,which would still lead to huge traffic pile ups in Arima with respects to parking,trying to reach early etc etc.
7:How are commuters from Sando to P.O.S benefit?

I read up top that a guy is calling for removal of gas subsidy.....ARE YOU MAD boy??? what happens to the poor fella who can't afford,the CEPEP and URP workers who are to pay ridiculous taxi fares..........which would eventually lead to more crime like never before..

So before you all jump on the rapid rail bandwagon.......THINK!!!

It's a good idea but with several problems running behind it.

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » October 7th, 2015, 8:43 am

make meh care wrote: I would not like to squeeze up with persons on a train on any day for this matter of fact and be stuck with them on a train.

is that same mentality have people driving by themselves to pos daily instead of carpooling, and these same people (and possibly you) would leave here and use a subway system standing/sitting next to strangers

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » October 7th, 2015, 8:53 am

His estimate was $10B for the whole system. If all that train line is so cheap why bother with building a new highway to Mayaro, Manzanilla etc? Why not just run train lines one time and if people want to drive let them use the current roads?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”