Forums

Choosing a Job

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Re: Choosing a Job

Postby Numb3r4 » July 1st, 2022, 10:53 pm

With regards to the teaching service they are over subscribed and I believe there is a hiring freeze.

He may get through with an OJT however the waiting list for that is a bout 2+ yrs. providing you have the Dip. Ed. (This is for the primary school).

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » July 1st, 2022, 10:59 pm

O_O well yes....thanks for the update buddie

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » July 1st, 2022, 11:40 pm

Damn skippy

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » July 2nd, 2022, 12:11 am

rollingstock wrote:Let him hold out for a better offer.
If the bank seize the house or he starve that's small thing.
Know your worth king.

BRUTAL!

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » July 2nd, 2022, 8:00 am

Numb3r4 wrote:How is $10K not enough???....I'm really in the dark as to what goes on in TT...,

$10K is a lot better than $0K....well last time I checked..
Different people have different priorities.

Cable, internet, buying food is a must.

Buying a used car like a b series Nissan with a cng kit is below most. Worst yet learning to do your own maintenance.

Gotta remember, some of these men have x qualifications, they cater to be behind a desk giving orders pushing paper. Have men to do the work for them.

Just like we have return period for disaster events we have return periods for hard times. Who grew up in the oil boom when things was nice will have trouble managing.

Survival of the fittest.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » July 2nd, 2022, 8:55 am

Numb3r4 wrote:With regards to the teaching service they are over subscribed and I believe there is a hiring freeze.

He may get through with an OJT however the waiting list for that is a bout 2+ yrs. providing you have the Dip. Ed. (This is for the primary school).
Have some pple in education eh get paid in 5 years.

Two years passed before I got a salary and three more like it have to pass before I get a next salary.

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » July 2nd, 2022, 7:11 pm

^^^ At Ministry of Education????

Things that bad?

So long it took to get paid??? Damn...
I wonder what's going on in other areas of the government?
Last edited by Numb3r4 on July 2nd, 2022, 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » July 2nd, 2022, 7:15 pm

At we oldest university.

Students in the dark about course completion, no certificates etc.

Phones go unanswered, emails without reply and nobody know anything.

Have days people showed up and place locked. Nobody secured a key, class register was requested for inspection and everyone resign. Coordinator was palming work on assistant, assistant resign, coordinator can't answer for anything, coordinator resign, new coordinator resign.....welcome to Trinidad.

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » July 2nd, 2022, 7:59 pm

^^^ People resign to go where exactly??? Abroad???

Or was it so bad that folks just took up a job elsewhere?

I guess this means that there won't be in person classes come September?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » July 2nd, 2022, 10:16 pm

Havent had classes this last cycle.

You supposed to know that people who don't do anything get promoted and find jobs easy.

Those that actually do work see pressure, get threaths and remain at the bottom of the barrel..

K_J_R
3NE 2NR for life

Postby K_J_R » July 3rd, 2022, 10:13 am

nervewrecker wrote:Havent had classes this last cycle.

You supposed to know that people who don't do anything get promoted and find jobs easy.

Those that actually do work see pressure, get threaths and remain at the bottom of the barrel..
Attachments
250vrb.jpg

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » July 3rd, 2022, 10:45 am

It has more to do with personality I believe. The people who fall into the category of not doing work typically have a more outgoing personality, knows the right things to say in interviews, know how to appeal to the bosses etc... and typically are the ones who receive jobs and promotions over the employees who have the opposite types of personality who keeps to themselves, don't talk much and do everything the bosses say without question.

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » July 3rd, 2022, 11:54 am

DMan7 wrote:

It has more to do with personality I believe. The people who fall into the category of not doing work typically have a more outgoing personality, knows the right things to say in interviews, know how to appeal to the bosses etc... and typically are the ones who receive jobs and promotions over the employees who have the opposite types of personality who keeps to themselves, don't talk much and do everything the bosses say without question.

Same way loser men does end up with the best women

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » July 3rd, 2022, 12:00 pm

DMan7 wrote:

Also has to do with being too good at your present position, making the the bosses not want to move you up from there. When you are a headache to the bosses, they typically want to get you out however they can, and usually that is to promote you to go somewhere else.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » July 3rd, 2022, 10:08 pm

DMan7 wrote:

No, you have it wrong.

The people who don't show up for work and get paid cuz they at the boss house doing personal favors or in a bed with such boss somewhere.

I seen typist move up to supervisor after an election. Whole office get fresh facelift courtesy tax payers $$$

I know men who making groceries and pressure washing yard by certain people house. Doing personal deliveries and electrical work sometimes with company vehicle.

I know men who practically live under superior officer desk on their knees. Licking away till just a stump remain. They never on time for work and never leave on time. Always out running an errand or buying lunch / food / drinks etc. News have to carry about who come to work 1 minute late, who getting horn, who horning who, who brushing who, who sister / cousin / wife is who.

Birds of a feather flock together. One man called a name so I know the timing. The name he called, anytime it have a holiday coming up that person used to be in the supervisor office a week before. Shift does rearrange and men does get moved so that man collect the triple time.

Men put thing in other men bag, put men in position where they could score a photo or video and carry news so it biased.

Best part is, if anyone try to talk then they does be fair and dismiss both parties. So you hadda stay quiet.

Big men wearing gyul undergarments. This is not what we mean when we talk about getting in girls pants, some men do not understand the assignment. But leme hush before someone identify me and feel I talking about them yes. Skin thin and pannies get ruffled easy thinking panny pull downers have time to meddle in panny wearers bizness.

devon4786
3NE 2NR for life

Postby devon4786 » May 26th, 2023, 10:00 am

nervewrecker wrote:No, you have it wrong.

The people who don't show up for work and get paid cuz they at the boss house doing personal favors or in a bed with such boss somewhere.

I seen typist move up to supervisor after an election. Whole office get fresh facelift courtesy tax payers $$$

I know men who making groceries and pressure washing yard by certain people house. Doing personal deliveries and electrical work sometimes with company vehicle.

I know men who practically live under superior officer desk on their knees. Licking away till just a stump remain. They never on time for work and never leave on time. Always out running an errand or buying lunch / food / drinks etc. News have to carry about who come to work 1 minute late, who getting horn, who horning who, who brushing who, who sister / cousin / wife is who.

Birds of a feather flock together. One man called a name so I know the timing. The name he called, anytime it have a holiday coming up that person used to be in the supervisor office a week before. Shift does rearrange and men does get moved so that man collect the triple time.

Men put thing in other men bag, put men in position where they could score a photo or video and carry news so it biased.

Best part is, if anyone try to talk then they does be fair and dismiss both parties. So you hadda stay quiet.

Big men wearing gyul undergarments. This is not what we mean when we talk about getting in girls pants, some men do not understand the assignment. But leme hush before someone identify me and feel I talking about them yes. Skin thin and pannies get ruffled easy thinking panny pull downers have time to meddle in panny wearers bizness.

Man, you're singing my song. I've been through the wringer, too, dealing with offices playing favorites and backdoor politics. Frustrating, ain't it? My own experience was a tough nut to crack - a coworker buddy-buddying with the higher-ups, slacking off, and still getting all the promotions. Meanwhile, I was grinding away, actually doing the work, but apparently not playing the 'right' game.

I felt stuck in this toxic cycle until I started researching market trends and more job opportunities, which really opened up my perspective. It's wild the number of opportunities that are out there if you just know where to look! Here is a blog that helped me to understand how to research the market better and find more ways to find jobs. It's not about who you know or who you're willing to do favors for, but what you know and how you apply it.
Don't let the corporate gymnastics get to you, dude. Keep your head high and always be ready to seize a better opportunity when it comes. There's a bigger world outside of office politics. We just gotta find it.
Last edited by devon4786 on November 21st, 2023, 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

DemiCelph
Ricer

Postby DemiCelph » November 15th, 2023, 9:01 pm

When deciding on my career path, I was drawn to many areas, but something felt wrong. That's until I discovered Physiotherapy. It was a field that sparked a genuine interest in me, but the thought of the exams and the entire process was daunting.
Last edited by DemiCelph on February 29th, 2024, 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

DemiCelph
Ricer

Postby DemiCelph » February 15th, 2024, 7:16 am

Wrong thread, sorry.
Last edited by DemiCelph on February 15th, 2024, 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » February 15th, 2024, 8:10 am

KCharles wrote:Which one you woulda choose?

Doctor in Trinidad (h.o in something like ophthal) or a scientist in the USA making 80k US a year. (hadda work in a lab/data collection/analysis)

OP things good ?

AlphaMan
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby AlphaMan » March 2nd, 2024, 7:21 pm

DemiCelph wrote:Wrong thread, sorry.

Need a physiotherapist to assist with my sciatica pains.
What's your contact? :roll:

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”