redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Republic Online Banking

Postby redmanjp » September 29th, 2022, 5:19 pm

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » September 29th, 2022, 5:30 pm

I called Republic customer service to ask about using the visa debit for local online. The girl say they don't have a list of supporting businesses and most bill payment for utilities it doesn't work.... But sometimes it works. So it's basically another useless gimmick from them. And nothing has changed for the customer.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » September 29th, 2022, 6:09 pm

maj. tom wrote:I called Republic customer service to ask about using the visa debit for local online. The girl say they don't have a list of supporting businesses and most bill payment for utilities it doesn't work.... But sometimes it works. So it's basically another useless gimmick from them. And nothing has changed for the customer.

does it work with endcash tho

bc if it does not lol

Triniqtgyul
Riding on 13's

Postby Triniqtgyul » September 29th, 2022, 8:34 pm

maj. tom wrote:I called Republic customer service to ask about using the visa debit for local online. The girl say they don't have a list of supporting businesses and most bill payment for utilities it doesn't work.... But sometimes it works. So it's basically another useless gimmick from them. And nothing has changed for the customer.

I’ve successfully used it to pay Digicel and ordered food drop with it. You just have to try and see where it works yes.

Triniqtgyul
Riding on 13's

Postby Triniqtgyul » September 29th, 2022, 8:35 pm

paid_influencer wrote:

does it work with endcash tho

bc if it does not lol

Yea it works with endcash.

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » September 29th, 2022, 9:36 pm

Do you have to pay a fee for pos with those new debit cards?

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » September 29th, 2022, 9:37 pm

i can pay local bills online like TTEC, WASA, and Digicel + internet with it. only thing i can't use it with Google Pay as that's international so i have to manually enter the security number.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » September 29th, 2022, 10:13 pm

can't pay Flow. So what, we supposed to try at every local online point of sale and wish for luck that it works? steupssss

ProtonPowder
Shifting into 6th

Postby ProtonPowder » September 30th, 2022, 12:59 am

Supposedly with RBL if the 5th-8th digits are 5200 then you need a new card as those card numbers glitch with local online transactions, even if you have the new chip card that came in the mail.

I was hearing it as rumours so I called the bank. They confirmed so i went to my home branch in sando and changed it to another with a slightly different card number.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » October 5th, 2022, 3:59 pm

ProtonPowder wrote:Supposedly with RBL if the 5th-8th digits are 5200 then you need a new card as those card numbers glitch with local online transactions, even if you have the new chip card that came in the mail.

I was hearing it as rumours so I called the bank. They confirmed so i went to my home branch in sando and changed it to another with a slightly different card number.

i have 5201 (chip & pin). i haven't had problems paying bills however ever so often i get alerts about declined transactions. just got one like this:

Hi -----,

A declined transaction occurred at DIGICEL(TRINIDAD & TOB PORT OF S PA using your Republic Bank OneCard linked to account ----****---- on 2022-10-05 15:32:08.
Your Available Balance is TTD: ----.--.
Disclaimer: The balance shown above is the available balance at the date and time when this alert was generated. To view your most up-to-date balance, kindly log in to our online banking services: RepublicOnline or RepublicMobile App.
If you did not conduct this transaction, please contact us at +1 (868) 623-4725.

anyone ever get those alerts? i haven't paid the digicel bill today or since last month so i dont know what going on there. it also happened with bmobile once.

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » October 5th, 2022, 5:40 pm

redmanjp wrote:
ProtonPowder wrote:Supposedly with RBL if the 5th-8th digits are 5200 then you need a new card as those card numbers glitch with local online transactions, even if you have the new chip card that came in the mail.

i have 5201 (chip & pin). i haven't had problems paying bills however ever so often i get alerts about declined transactions. just got one like this:

Hi -----,

A declined transaction occurred at DIGICEL(TRINIDAD & TOB PORT OF S PA using your Republic Bank OneCard linked to account ----****---- on 2022-10-05 15:32:08.
Your Available Balance is TTD: ----.--.
Disclaimer: The balance shown above is the available balance at the date and time when this alert was generated. To view your most up-to-date balance, kindly log in to our online banking services: RepublicOnline or RepublicMobile App.
If you did not conduct this transaction, please contact us at +1 (868) 623-4725.

anyone ever get those alerts? i haven't paid the digicel bill today or since last month so i dont know what going on there. it also happened with bmobile once.

if youre getting alerts for transactions you havent done, your card may have been compromised.
id cancel that card if i were u

ruskie
Street 2NR

Postby ruskie » October 5th, 2022, 5:52 pm

Yes, same. Numbers 5201, got the email after a withdrawal from a machine was rejected.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » October 5th, 2022, 10:53 pm

the thing is no money ever came out- is either a declined transactions or they just say $0.00.

i guess i will call the bank.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » October 5th, 2022, 10:54 pm

ruskie wrote:Yes, same. Numbers 5201, got the email after a withdrawal from a machine was rejected.

that's normal if u tried to take out money and was declined - i getting these alerts and i didnt do or attempt to do anything- no withdrawal, online purchase, etc. :roll:
Last edited by redmanjp on October 5th, 2022, 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » October 5th, 2022, 10:58 pm

They recently started sending an email for every transaction, approved or declined. Before they only used to notify when over $600? was gone through a transaction.

It's not normal to receive an alert if you didn't do anything at a POS or ATM. Get a new card.

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » October 5th, 2022, 11:01 pm

i always got emails for transactions on both debit and credit. declined and approved. been this way a couple yrs now.

the one time i got emails for transactions i didn't do, my credit card was skimmed. so definitely call the bank.

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » October 6th, 2022, 11:52 pm

S_2NR wrote:i always got emails for transactions on both debit and credit. declined and approved. been this way a couple yrs now.

the one time i got emails for transactions i didn't do, my credit card was skimmed. so definitely call the bank.
Last couple days I notice when I get the email that a transaction occurred with my credit card, it actually has the available balance on the card in the email

killercow
Riding on 17's

Postby killercow » October 7th, 2022, 12:14 am

Kronik wrote:
S_2NR wrote:i always got emails for transactions on both debit and credit. declined and approved. been this way a couple yrs now.

Last couple days I notice when I get the email that a transaction occurred with my credit card, it actually has the available balance on the card in the email
Not sure if this is the same thing as me but the last few times I used my credit card for US transactions, I get an email saying that the transaction was declined even though the payment went through.

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » October 7th, 2022, 12:42 am

Kronik wrote:

Same here so that seems like a new thing

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » October 7th, 2022, 7:45 am

yes it is a new feature. They recently started doing this. Before they would only send an email if a large amount was gone.

July 20, 2022
Republic Bank Limited (RBL) has introduced a new addition to its RepublicOnline and RepublicMobile service, RepublicAlerts.

The new alert feature notifies customers via email whenever transactions are made using their debit or credit card.

The alert has been automatically enabled on customers’ RepublicOnline profile.

The alerts are for transactions which include:

Balance Enquiries at ABMs and Point of Sale devices

Withdrawals at ABMs

Purchases at Point of Sale devices

Online purchases

RBL said the new alerts introduce an additional layer of security for customers, ensuring they’re aware of all transactions on their cards.
https://tt.loopnews.com/content/rbl-rolls-out-republicalerts

Country_Bookie
punchin NOS

Postby Country_Bookie » October 7th, 2022, 9:42 am

Anyone tried using the Visa debit to make withdrawals at foreign ATM? I asked about that and they said the card won't work outside of Trinidad but I recall someone on the forum saying they could withdraw USD$100 a day.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » October 9th, 2022, 5:01 am

cash is king in a recession where banks can fold in a blink of an eye. this republic online banking gives trouble 50% of the time when you need cash such. Right now it is down. i have to stop using banks yes.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » October 9th, 2022, 8:39 am

daring dragoon wrote:cash is king in a recession where banks can fold in a blink of an eye. this republic online banking gives trouble 50% of the time when you need cash such. Right now it is down. i have to stop using banks yes.

was scheduled downtime for maintenance, i think

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » October 9th, 2022, 11:08 am

paid_influencer wrote:
daring dragoon wrote:cash is king in a recession where banks can fold in a blink of an eye. this republic online banking gives trouble 50% of the time when you need cash such. Right now it is down. i have to stop using banks yes.

was scheduled downtime for maintenance, i think

Correct

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » October 26th, 2022, 10:16 pm

I finally got time to go in the bank and change the card. Dunno why they couldn't just mail a new one to me. I had called the card center and they said I need to go to a branch. But they mailed the first card didn't they? setta mc in dis place.

After an hour wait I get through but the card department person had gone for lunch. I had to come back after lunch so i was just warming their seat for nothing that last hour. A man start to cuss and rage out and leave within that time. A woman with a down syndrome child was there before me. They make she wait longer than me, all she wanted was to check the book to see if her new credit card reach. They child start to get tizzik and restless. It take less than 2 minutes for them to check the book to not find her name, but they make this poor child suffer. setta forking mc in the bank, all ah dem mc.

And when I got through they printed a new card right there after I signed off the old one and they destroyed it. It take 10 minutes. The person said that some of the first set of Visa debit cards that they mailed out when they were switching over from the old card have an unresolvable error with them.

Again, don't know why they couldn't just mail a new card, invalidate the old one on their system and stop wasting people time. 3rd world intentionally and forever.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » October 27th, 2022, 5:23 am

maj. tom wrote:

I finally got time to go in the bank and change the card. Dunno why they couldn't just mail a new one to me. I had called the card center and they said I need to go to a branch. But they mailed the first card didn't they? setta mc in dis place.

After an hour wait I get through but the card department person had gone for lunch. I had to come back after lunch so i was just warming their seat for nothing that last hour. A man start to cuss and rage out and leave within that time. A woman with a down syndrome child was there before me. They make she wait longer than me, all she wanted was to check the book to see if her new credit card reach. They child start to get tizzik and restless. It take less than 2 minutes for them to check the book to not find her name, but they make this poor child suffer. setta forking mc in the bank, all ah dem mc.

And when I got through they printed a new card right there after I signed off the old one and they destroyed it. It take 10 minutes. The person said that some of the first set of Visa debit cards that they mailed out when they were switching over from the old card have an unresolvable error with them.

Again, don't know why they couldn't just mail a new card, invalidate the old one on their system and stop wasting people time. 3rd world intentionally and forever.

as i said cash i king. who want to stick under the oppression of the banks go right ahead.invest car parts and in gold in the short tern that can be sold quickly so many small pieces is the goal. forger the banks and their time saving cards and gimmicks.

goalpost
punchin NOS

Postby goalpost » October 27th, 2022, 8:22 am

I never got thru with the new online banking...never bothered after getting problems. Has this been sorted out? Also, do I need to go in the bank to set up the online banking?

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » October 27th, 2022, 8:34 am

Republic online stuff has mostly been sorted out.
You used to have to drop in the signed consent form at the bank.

Now it should be automatic since they made online changes for covid and downsizing.

https://republiconlinett.rfhl.com/ICBankingTT.UI/#/administrationGeneral/hiringPerson
Give that link a try and see if you can complete it to the end. Login with your desktop takes an sms which costs 50 cents. But after that you can use the app on your phone and it should just be log-in with your fingerprint.

Also if you got the new visa debit card with "5200" just go and change it one time because it's broken.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » October 27th, 2022, 8:43 am

Yes online has been sorted and you can sign up online which is pretty easy.

https://republiconlinett.rfhl.com/ICBan ... ringPerson

You would need your customer ID number (which is not your card or account number). If you don't have it, you can visit any branch and they will give it to you. They would not give you over the phone for security reasons.

death365
Riding on 18's

Republic Bank accounts giving trouble

Postby death365 » February 25th, 2023, 11:10 am

My Republic Bank chequing account giving trouble right now ...

It's saying I have - x,xxx dollars when I should have xx,xxx. I called and the person told me it was a issue with the online aspect but he assured me that I have the money in my account.

In price smart the card said " not enough funds"...

Any other person getting this issue?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”