TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Republic Online Banking

Postby S_2NR » July 9th, 2021, 6:05 pm

Round 2

trinibajan34
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trinibajan34 » July 9th, 2021, 9:31 pm

So I email republic and got this response, automated response .
Screenshot_20210709-212549_Gmail.jpeg

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » July 9th, 2021, 10:06 pm

Anyone knows how to find Statements in the app? My mom needs to know how much she owes on her credit card so she can pay it off. She used to access it in the dashboard on the old app but we not seeing anything in the new app.

synTax_ErR0R1
Ricer

Postby synTax_ErR0R1 » July 9th, 2021, 10:08 pm

i keep getting an error message saying "username already in use" no matter what i put when registering online...anyone else got this problem?

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » July 9th, 2021, 10:11 pm

synTax_ErR0R1 wrote:i keep getting an error message saying "username already in use" no matter what i put when registering online...anyone else got this problem?

I read somewhere they said you can't be logged in to the website and the app at the same time. By chance you did that?

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Republic Online Banking

Postby 2WNBoost » July 10th, 2021, 4:45 am

I did some poking around and it seems like the only way to see the balance that’s owing is to:
- Tap on the credit card in the My Accounts screen
- Tap on the ellipse in the top right of the Credit Card detail screen
- Tap on Pay
- Then you get to see the TT or US balance

Not a clean flow.

redmanjp wrote:Anyone knows how to find Statements in the app? My mom needs to know how much she owes on her credit card so she can pay it off. She used to access it in the dashboard on the old app but we not seeing anything in the new app.

h1tach1
Street 2NR

Postby h1tach1 » July 10th, 2021, 1:17 pm

So now to pay a CC, you have to enter a note and email address every time. Made a simple process complicated for no reason.
The application response time is also poor.

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby 2WNBoost » July 10th, 2021, 1:27 pm

FYI: Third Party transfers are easier to setup

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Republic Online Banking

Postby 2WNBoost » July 10th, 2021, 7:49 pm

Found the option in the app to see Credit Card details. Again it wasn’t easily recognisable for me.

- Tap on the Credit Card
- Tap on the Up button in the lower right corner
- Tap on Details

The positive is the flow is good enough and you can now get pending transactions on the app.

2WNBoost wrote:I did some poking around and it seems like the only way to see the balance that’s owing is to:
- Tap on the credit card in the My Accounts screen
- Tap on the ellipse in the top right of the Credit Card detail screen
- Tap on Pay
- Then you get to see the TT or US balance

Not a clean flow.

redmanjp wrote:Anyone knows how to find Statements in the app? My mom needs to know how much she owes on her credit card so she can pay it off. She used to access it in the dashboard on the old app but we not seeing anything in the new app.
Last edited by 2WNBoost on July 10th, 2021, 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » July 11th, 2021, 6:38 am

So, after installing the rbl app and logging in and viewing my accounts, last night I get an email saying they issued me a temporary password.
Funny thing is, the sender of the email have a logo that don't really look much like an rbl logo. Is a light blue circle background and lower case "rb" in orange.

I gonna quit using this thing until I can verify is the bank that actually changed my password and why.

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » July 12th, 2021, 10:47 pm

Well boy, I get a email just now saying my account unlocked, I say nice I back in. You know when I gone to login the MC thing telling me my account locked, I fedup yes

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » July 12th, 2021, 11:17 pm

I finally got through with the unlock and temporary password

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 12th, 2021, 11:20 pm

rollingstock wrote:I finally got through with the unlock and temporary password

got thru after a call to a CSR sunday afternoon.
took some doing, but at least I'm in.

dogg
Riding on 16's

Postby dogg » July 13th, 2021, 11:38 am

After being unable to log in last Monday morning, I tried again in the afternoon and got through without issues.

So is it that a smart phone is required to use the system?

What about older folks who are unable to wrap their heads around smartphones?

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 13th, 2021, 11:49 am

dogg wrote:After being unable to log in last Monday morning, I tried again in the afternoon and got through without issues.

they'll have to use the sms 2fa. At a cost. Provider shoulda eat that cost IMHO, but it is what it is

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 13th, 2021, 12:04 pm

somebody i know is seeing somebody else acct along with theirs

anybody else get this?

dogg
Riding on 16's

Postby dogg » July 13th, 2021, 12:16 pm

My ~80 yr old mother doesn't even WANT a cell phone.

So no way i can convince her to even try mobile banking :roll:

VexXx Dogg wrote:
dogg wrote:After being unable to log in last Monday morning, I tried again in the afternoon and got through without issues.

they'll have to use the sms 2fa. At a cost. Provider shoulda eat that cost IMHO, but it is what it is

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » July 13th, 2021, 1:53 pm

pugboy wrote:somebody i know is seeing somebody else acct along with theirs

anybody else get this?

Are they able to transfer money from the other persons account?

WTF

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 13th, 2021, 3:28 pm

she watching carefully

S_2NR wrote:

anybody else get this?

Are they able to transfer money from the other persons account?

WTF

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » July 13th, 2021, 4:30 pm

Republic Bank MD: I’m deeply sorry
Mon Jul 12 2021

“I am deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused to not just our internet/mobile banking customers but also all of our other customers who would have experienced inordinate delays in trying to reach our Customer Contact Centre with their regular queries.”

This was the apology given by Nigel Baptiste, Managing Director of Republic Bank yesterday.

A release from Republic Bank said it is constantly reviewing its technology and other services based on customer feedback in order to better serve its customers.

“Our previous platform, RepublicOnline, served us well for financial convenience, but changing customer expectations necessitated change, “ the release stated.

Republic Bank said the new platform launched on July 5 is more intuitive and user-friendly and offers additional services to customers at their fingertips.

“We sincerely hope that the 50,000 users that have since successfully accessed the platform can attest to this and are enjoying the enhanced experience,” it stated.

“Regrettably, the significant number of initial sign-in attempts resulted in issues that slowed down the system on the first day, but these were resolved within the first few hours following the launch. Even though these performance issues were resolved, some customers were still unable to access their accounts due to initial login issues that were, in many cases, customer-specific,” the release also said.

“With the help of our partners, as well as the dedication and loyalty of frontline team members across the organization, the process of restoring customer access begun and will continue. There are still some issues to resolve, but the system is back on track and we expect to clear the backlog of customer login issues within the next week,” Baptiste added.

The bank has doubled the number of frontline workers assisting customers through this transition via the call centre and through emails.

“ To further help affected customers, Republic Bank has released a series of short tutorial videos to assist those who need help getting onto the platform. The Bank’s social media pages, mobile applications, and websites will all feature these videos and other useful guides. These, plus the existing guides can be viewed at https://republiconline.republictt.com,” it said.

Customers who have been locked out of their internet banking account are being asked to send an email to ibpasswordhelp@rfhl.com with their existing online or mobile username and full legal name to receive a temporary password within 48 hours.

“Republic Bank again apologises for the inconvenience caused over the past week and assures its valued customers that all efforts are being made to ensure that all affected customers have their access restored as quickly as possible,” the statement noted.

https://guardian.co.tt/business/republi ... 668f99e1a7

bluefete wrote:
triniboi49 wrote:In any first-class company CIO/CEO or someone senior who signed off of this is held responsible. I find it very disingenuous to blame the volume users for this issue, and to downplay the impact to the user.

Also, this was timed very badly - close to the time of the month when people have to pay for their cards. Poor management of change and testing.

Nigel Baptiste - Managing Director

Derwin Howell - Executive Director (IT and stuff)

Lesser managers for IT / Payments and so on below them.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » July 13th, 2021, 4:35 pm

emailed them since Friday. now got back a response this afternoon

Good Day,

Thank you for your email.

We are currently experiencing a high volume of requests from our loyal customers. Your request was forwarded to our Internet Banking department for processing, and you will receive an email response in due course.

they need to automate this :(

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » July 13th, 2021, 6:36 pm

I called them back this morning about half 9, and by 2 this evening I got the temporary password, when I reached home i logged in and got through, setup back password and question and answer.

I have all my accounts and credit cards and loan, so I in business, like the fact that when you do a transfer to someone you can put their email and they get a copy of the transfer

i_code_and_stuff
Street 2NR

Postby i_code_and_stuff » July 13th, 2021, 6:40 pm

anybody else get this?

If a bank account is under the names of more than 1 person, each of those persons will now see the account in the new republic apps. Previously, this wasn't the case unless you explicitly sent in a request for them to add the shared bank account to your republic online.

I'd advise that person to confirm whether or not this is their situation

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » July 13th, 2021, 10:47 pm

I didn't touch it since I got locked out a couple days ago... Went to try just now and everything up and running. My vtm disappeared but it's expiring in September so no worries

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » July 13th, 2021, 10:49 pm

up to now i cant see my fckin credit card

daring dragoon
12 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » July 14th, 2021, 5:03 am

all we get is an apology probably written by a PR person. man we should boycott they mc and make a run and take out all our money and i sure they will come down from their ivory towers and apologize in a way we can feel happy by giving we a month off from banking fees and loan/cc payments. this would have been a better apology.

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » July 14th, 2021, 5:11 am

Earlier in the year i had real issues with the whole online system. It was only back and forth with them csr. I sent my letter to manager yes. Got tru. No problems up to this day

Sundar
Riding on 17's

Postby Sundar » July 14th, 2021, 2:02 pm

redmanjp wrote:
Sundar wrote:i trying to use the online banking , but the SMS taking 5-10mins to reach, and then the code invalid or session expired where they ask you to log back in and then send another code which taking long to reach.. Real frustration

So they have a code that expires by the time it reach?

Yuh does wonder if these ppl does test these things before smh

I got through, tried the same and it came instantly. Probably was overwhelmed with ppl doing the upgrade at the same time. Should have done it in batches.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » July 14th, 2021, 4:48 pm

redmanjp wrote:emailed them since Friday. now got back a response this afternoon

Good Day,

Thank you for your email.

We are currently experiencing a high volume of requests from our loyal customers. Your request was forwarded to our Internet Banking department for processing, and you will receive an email response in due course.

they need to automate this :(

Ah get through

Got the temporary password and was able to login and set my new password. Did a VTM topup.

I didn't fill in the email address field. When my mom did that she got 2 emails instead.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”