Forums

NASA: we will find alien life by 2025

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

NASA: we will find alien life by 2025

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 15th, 2015, 11:19 am

(CNN)They may not be "Star Trek"-type extraterrestrials, but we may be close to finding evidence of alien life, a NASA scientist says.

"I think we're going to have strong indications of life beyond Earth within a decade, and I think we're going to have definitive evidence within 20 to 30 years," NASA chief scientist Ellen Stofan said Tuesday during a panel discussion on water in the universe.

"We know where to look. We know how to look," she said. "In most cases, we have the technology, and we're on a path to implementing it. And so I think we're definitely on the road."

NASA released a graphic noting that scientists have found evidence or indications of water on a number of celestial bodies, including the dwarf planet Ceres and Jupiter's moon Europa.

The Hubble Space Telescope has been key to the discoveries, NASA said in a news release.

"Scientists using NASA's Hubble Space Telescope recently provided powerful evidence that (Jupiter's moon) Ganymede has a saltwater, sub-surface ocean, likely sandwiched between two layers of ice," the agency noted.

There are some caveats involved, of course. NASA isn't talking about intelligent alien civilizations from the Alpha Quadrant; it's referring to microorganisms.

"We are not talking about little green men," Stofan said at the panel. "We are talking about little microbes."

Still, former astronaut John Grunsfeld said it's an exciting time -- and he thinks it's just a matter of time before we find life outside our solar system as well.

"I think we're one generation away in our solar system, whether it's on an icy moon or on Mars, and one generation on a planet around a nearby star," he said.

And, he added, who knows what that life will look like?

"Once we get out beyond Mars, the likelihood that it's similar to Earth because we share that material gets very, very low," he said. "And I think that's where it starts getting exceptionally exciting."

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: NASA: we will find alien life by 2025

Postby Habit7 » April 15th, 2015, 11:34 am

People of faith.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » April 15th, 2015, 11:40 am

such conviction.
more like we will release info on alien life already found in 2025.

EvoDraZ
punchin NOS

Postby EvoDraZ » April 15th, 2015, 12:09 pm

what happens if aliens find us before then?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 15th, 2015, 12:12 pm

EvoDraZ wrote:what happens if aliens find us before then?

Then God was a fraud invented by man.
Habit7 will not be pleased.

DrunkenMaster16
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby DrunkenMaster16 » April 15th, 2015, 12:21 pm

wagonrunner wrote:such conviction.
more like we will release info on alien life already found in 2025.

Exactly what I was thinking.

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » April 15th, 2015, 12:28 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 15th, 2015, 1:34 pm

what if a far advanced civilization of aliens study our religious texts and come here pretending to be God. They could mimic all the things in scripture and reproduce all the prophecies just to enslave humans.
How would we know?

*brb, calling Hollywood to pitch this story*

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 15th, 2015, 1:41 pm

Habit7 wrote:People of faith.
Faith is defined as belief, confidence or trust in a person, object, religion, idea or view despite the absence of proof.

Scientists can be hopeful based on results from previous research, but science can only operate on evidence and proof.

but let me ask you directly: Since you believe the literal creation exactly as it is described in the Bible, that the earth is 6000-12000 years old and that dinosaurs and humans lived together, do you think there is the possibility of life on other planets?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 15th, 2015, 1:45 pm

Not another god thread with Habit7 vs Dwane

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » April 15th, 2015, 1:46 pm

I lack faith in aliens.

And I disagree with your definition of faith in this context.

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » April 15th, 2015, 1:49 pm

Vallee and J Allen Hynek are the foremost authority on et activity. They're both major scientists and not religious men.
Jacques Fabrice Vallée (French: [vale]; born September 24, 1939) is a venture capitalist, computer scientist, author, ufologist and former astronomer currently residing in San Francisco, California.

In mainstream science, Vallée is notable for co-developing the first computerized mapping of Mars for NASA and for his work at SRI International on the network information center for the ARPANET, a precursor to the modern Internet. Vallée is also an important figure in the study of unidentified flying objects (UFOs), first noted for a defense of the scientific legitimacy of the extraterrestrial hypothesis and later for promoting the interdimensional hypothesis.

They both started as skeptics and both came to the same point in research where it was impossible to fit the nature of the phenomenon into a physical realm as science understands it today pointing the theory of interdimensional beings outside of our laws. Religious texts have been telling us the same thing since antiquity.

Country_Bookie
punchin NOS

Postby Country_Bookie » April 15th, 2015, 2:01 pm

Whenever I hear of a dwarf planet, I think of a planet full of midgets.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 15th, 2015, 2:01 pm

Habit7 wrote:And I disagree with your definition of faith in this context.
in this context the scientist have hope based on the evidence they have collected so far

you are using faith to mean the same type faith you have in God and implying scientists too have this find of faith for thinking they are sure to find alien life.

Don't confuse hope and faith.

Habit7 wrote:I lack faith in aliens.
I will take that round-a-bout answer to mean that based on your strong literal biblical beliefs, you do not believe that it is possible for life to exist anywhere else but on Earth.

So if they do find life elsewhere, will your reaction be that it is fake?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 15th, 2015, 2:11 pm

meccalli wrote:Religious texts have been telling us the same thing since antiquity.
examples?

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » April 15th, 2015, 2:19 pm

Everything that refers to spirits and life after death?
Two from my worldview.
There are heavenly bodies and earthly bodies, but the glory of the heavenly is of one kind, and the glory of the earthly is of another.
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.

"The 'medical examination' to which abductees are said to be subjected, often accompanied by sadistic sexual manipulation, is reminiscient of the medieval tales of encounters with demons. It makes no sense in a sophisticated or technical framework: any intelligent being equipped with the scientific marvels that UFOs possess would be in a position to achieve any of these alleged scientific objectives in a shorter time and with fewer risks."
- Dr. Jacques Vallee, Confrontations, p. 13

"The symbolic display seen by the abductees is identical to the type of initiation ritual or astral voyage that is imbedded in the [occult] traditions of every culture...the structure of abduction stories is identical to that of occult initiation rituals...the UFO beings of today belong to the same class of manifestation as the [occult] entities that were described in centuries past."
-Dr. Jacques Vallee citing the extensive research of Bertrand Meheust [Science-Fiction et Soucoupes Volantes (Paris, 1978); Soucoupes Volantes et Folklore (Paris, 1985)], in Confrontations, p. 146, 159-161

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » April 15th, 2015, 2:27 pm

You are mincing words with hope and faith where there isn't any distinction outside of yourself. Based on factual evidence one can make faithful logical conclusions, both scientists and theologians. Faith doesn't mean blind faith.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=267363&p=7054087#p7054087

It funny how you don't see my statement that I lack faith in aliens as sufficient, yet you accept atheists conclusion that they lack faith in God. Just as how you belief I approach that subject with a subjective presupposition, don't atheists approach the existence of God with a subjective presupposition?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 15th, 2015, 2:48 pm

Habit7 wrote:You are mincing words with hope and faith where there isn't any distinction outside of yourself. Based on factual evidence one can make faithful logical conclusions, both scientists and theologians. Faith doesn't mean blind faith.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=267363&p=7054087#p7054087

It funny how you don't see my statement that I lack faith in aliens as sufficient, yet you accept atheists conclusion that they lack faith in God. Just as how you belief I approach that subject with a subjective presupposition, don't atheists approach the existence of God with a subjective presupposition?
I accept both, I am trying to understand the scope of your statement.

the basis for your "lack of faith in aliens" comes from your literal belief in scripture.
the basis for atheists lack of faith in God comes from what they claim as a lack of evidence.

but ok I'll take your meaning, the scientists have faith based on the scientific evidence they have found that they are close to finding alien life now that they know where to look and what to look for.

So if they do find life elsewhere, will your reaction be that it is fake?

dougla_boy
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby dougla_boy » April 15th, 2015, 3:00 pm

what if there really is God, and the whole evolution theory is the explanation on how it was done?

*hits blunt*

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » April 15th, 2015, 3:06 pm

universe too large ....gotta have some other life form out there....odds of us being the only planet to support life is astronomical....

Val
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Val » April 15th, 2015, 3:22 pm

Based on Banzai's last Maracus thread, I was under the impression that they were found already.

dougla_boy
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby dougla_boy » April 15th, 2015, 3:26 pm

Val wrote:Based on Banzai's last Maracus thread, I was under the impression that they were found already.

Image for racism :|

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » April 15th, 2015, 3:27 pm

...but cyar find food for the starving tummies

Val
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Val » April 15th, 2015, 3:29 pm

Lol racism is stereotyping against otherworldly life.

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » April 15th, 2015, 3:32 pm

District 9 lot for sale on first page...

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » April 15th, 2015, 3:43 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:So if they do find life elsewhere, will your reaction be that it is fake?
Thx for telling me why I lack faith.

I however l lack faith in aliens because there is no material evidence for them. God is immaterial, therefore my faith in God is based on logical conclusions of material evidences which points to Him being the source of matter.

I disagree with the pedestrian belief that to have life just add water. Life on Earth is govern by numerous fined tuned parameters which probability exceeds the possible habitable planets.

That being said, we are currently limited to physical exploration of our on solar system so that life will have to be verified within our solar system. That life would have to be proven not to have originated on Earth. Satisfying all this if aliens are found...

This will not affect Christianity. These aliens will all fall under the mandate of creation with man having a special role in God's economy. They don't disprove the special design of creation and it doesn't prove that a nonexistent nothing can become and existent something.

That being said while some who claim not to be religious look to the skies in faith...I lack faith in aliens.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 15th, 2015, 3:47 pm

Like I said another Habit7 vs Dwane chead

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » April 15th, 2015, 3:55 pm

We waiting for how you will negatively implicate PNM in this.

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » April 15th, 2015, 4:15 pm

EvoDraZ wrote:what happens if aliens find us before then?

A newly discovered microscopic ball could have been sent to earth by an alien civilization in an attempt to start new life, a British scientist has claimed.

The mysterious metal sphere has been photographed spewing out a biological substance, which scientists believe could be genetic material.

It was discovered by a team of researchers at the University of Sheffield and the University of Buckingham Centre for Astrobiology.

While several theories on the tiny ball’s origins have been volunteered, the most intriguing sound like pure science fiction.

They include the idea it was sent here by aliens with the intention of propagating life on earth, a scientific theory known as “directed panspermia.”

Notable scientists to advocate this idea include astrophysicist Carl Sagan and Nobel laureate Francis Crick, who co-discovered the structure of DNA.

Professor Milton Wainwright, who led the team, described the orb as “a ball about the width of a human hair, which has filamentous life on the outside and a gooey biological material oozing from its center.”

Speaking to the Daily Express, Wainwright said: “We were stunned when X-ray analysis showed that the sphere is made up mainly of titanium, with a trace of vanadium.”

“One theory is it was sent to earth by some unknown civilization in order to continue seeding the planet with life.”

“Unless of course we can find details of the civilization that is supposed to have sent it in this respect it is probably an unprovable theory,” he added.

Scientists discovered the perplexing orb when they sent balloons 27 kilometers into the atmosphere to collect dust and particle matter from space.

Wainwright led the research project with a view to proving that microscopic life organisms are continually arriving from space.

He said the metal ball left a tiny impact when it struck the balloon.

“On hitting the stratosphere sampler the sphere made an impact crater, a minute version of the huge impact crater on earth caused by the asteroid said to have killed off the dinosaurs.”

“This impact crater proves that the sphere was incoming to earth from space, an organism coming from Earth would not be travelling fast enough when it fell back to earth to cause such damage.”

“This seems never before to have been found on earth,” Wainwright added.

Wainwright hopes a similar research project being conducted by NASA will find the same results his team have.

The scientific findings come less than a year after British and Japanese scientists launched the Institute for the Study of Panspermia and Astroeconomics (ISPA) with the purpose of proving life on earth originated in the cosmos.

In a statement, the ISPA said: “Mainstream science and institutions have fought against theories which expound these beliefs but now evidence from meteorites, from samples of bacteria from space and from space observation is making resistance more difficult.”

“Proving that the Earth is in a constant exchange of matter with the larger cosmos would have implications not only in terms of our identity, but could also give us insight into alien viruses, which may be important for our group identity, evolution and survival itself.”

http://rt.com/uk/233507-metal-ball-alien-seed/

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 15th, 2015, 5:39 pm

^ well that's interesting.

they know what the outside is made up of, but not the inside?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”