Forums

NASA: we will find alien life by 2025

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Daran
Shifting into 6th

Re: NASA: we will find alien life by 2025

Postby Daran » April 17th, 2015, 11:09 am

I'm going with the assumption that super advanced should mean they're capable of peace, getting resources on the cheap, have humanism (ET-ism) type values.

Meaning their interest in us will purely be scientific curiosity. We should also realize that any super advanced aliens will more than likely be either pure AI (robots) or cybernetic organisms. Shouldn't change much of their motivations hopefully.

Anyway, my honest belief is that life is common in the universe but intelligent life is not, and is probably quite rare.....so rare in fact that there may be at most one intelligent life form per galaxy at any given moment.

Which could very well mean, we will never find them. I hope that I'm wrong, but statistically this is most likely the case.

Arrow
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Arrow » April 17th, 2015, 11:26 am

Probably for the best.

If we more advanced, we would take advantage.
If dem more advanced - super advanced as above - dem should be smart enough not to share they tech with us cuz we just going and reverse engineer it to make weapons. Also, if dem come flamsin with they nice shiny spaceships and refuse to share they know-how with us, somebody go be planning an attack to take it by force.

I watch waaaaaay too much sci fi.............or read too much history? :shock:
DunDunDuuuuuuuuuun!!!!

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 17th, 2015, 12:42 pm

They probably avoid us.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » April 17th, 2015, 4:28 pm

zoom rader wrote:Not another god thread with Habit7 vs Dwane

HAHAHAHAHAHAH :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » April 17th, 2015, 4:31 pm

I have a genuine question for Habbit 7 or anyone who is pro religion though.

Lets say we happen to find Alien Life between now to 2025. How would this affect your faith in God and Religion? would you still believe there is a god since he did mention that we are the only life in the universe?

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » April 17th, 2015, 6:12 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:since he did mention that we are the only life in the universe?

Where'd you read that?

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » April 17th, 2015, 6:47 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:I have a genuine question for Habbit 7 or anyone who is pro religion though.

Lets say we happen to find Alien Life between now to 2025. How would this affect your faith in God and Religion? would you still believe there is a god since he did mention that we are the only life in the universe?

You obviously are inserting yourself on the 4th pg of a 5pg discussion.

kjaglal76v2
12 pounds of Boost

Postby kjaglal76v2 » April 17th, 2015, 9:34 pm

since we evolved from whatevr, are we still evolving? and what are we gonna evolve into?

xtech
punchin NOS

Postby xtech » April 18th, 2015, 1:22 am

meccalli wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:since he did mention that we are the only life in the universe?

Where'd you read that?

lol....I am going to hurt a few heads

the bible was written by ancient men how can it say our planet is the only one with life. What these men did try to explain exactly what current science "recently" believes to be the way a solar system and planets are formed. But it because it was written by men who could not understand what they are seeing it sounds dumb to us. The bible says that in the beginning in this very young solar system there was no sun (no light) and this world was just a dust cloud (without form). After god fixed all that an flooded the place with water seems like earth became his pet project. So he eventually had the urge to create a clone of himself on this planet an called him man. It does say he never did that before he may have created lots of life before in the universe just never in his own image.

These new Men choose to steal knowledge from his creator and his creator promptly evicts man from this place of ultimate knowledge but its to late for man already knows all god knows too. So god prevents the immediate use of this knowledge and hides the secrets of the source of life. This is also when the bible starts to count the years till now (about 6000 years, oldest pyramid is 3000 years old). I believe From the formation of the sun and the earth with a moon in just right spot to the creation and evolution of all life a few 1000 millions of years passed as can be seen in deep fossil records long before the bones of the first genetically engineered modern man was found in the dirt. But since god exists outside our universe its irrelevant from his point of view

The bible also does not say we are the only intelligent life form for even on earth there are many very intelligent animals. But they cant compete with us because of the limits of their physical bodies. So they cant improve themselves, speak a complex language or modify their environment. Parrots can speak but they are not smart enough to understand what they say. Apes are almost as able body as we are but they not smart enough to use it. A smart animal must have a physical body that can keep up with an intelligent mind. To understand what I mean imagine every human ever born was like Stephen Hawking lots of mental potential but there can never be any physical action even simple speech is impossible.

So with that said unless God, so vexed with his original clone project failure an hampered by his promise to Noah to never destroy all life on earth went back out into the universe to create a new earth and new men we would be the only smart creature with a physical body that can build what ever our minds can imagine in the entire universe.

The odds of everything being just right are to much. It has to be engineered by a higher intelligence who adds in the missing ingredients for life to happen. NASA can very well find life....just nothing to compete with us. An if God did create a new earth with new men well we would be much more advanced and our distant brothers are still running around naked.
Last edited by xtech on April 18th, 2015, 1:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

mark2.0
Riding on 17's

Postby mark2.0 » April 18th, 2015, 1:29 am

Most intellectual don't believe in God just as the Pharaohs...

Darwin's evolution theory missing a lot of facts, even scientists themselves express this. The fact of the matter is that humans hear something and run with it without examining all facts. Eg. Could anyone explain fully with hard facts Derwin's theory?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 18th, 2015, 1:43 am

mark2.0 wrote:Most intellectual don't believe in God just as the Pharaohs...

Darwin's evolution theory missing a lot of facts, even scientists themselves express this. The fact of the matter is that humans hear something and run with it without examining all facts. Eg. Could anyone explain fully with hard facts Derwin's theory?
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/what-evidence-supports-the-theory-of-evolution.html

Arrow
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Arrow » April 18th, 2015, 5:54 am

Ok for those of us who think there's a whole 'nother thread dedicated to intelligent religious discussions, let me throw this hypothetical scenario out there...

The Mars Rover does some digging and finds a mineral below the surface. Let's call it Martanium. Martanium seems to be everywhere below ground on Mars. It won't be too hard to extract.

A bit more experimentation and it seems Martanium generates power...lots of power...without toxic emissions. NASA brings some of it back to Earth and it's all too good to be true. A 50m^3 chunk of it has been secretly powering a small Midwest town for over a month and is still going strong.

The US Govt has a round table discussion with NASA. If they concentrate their efforts, manned colonisation and mining operations on Mars could happen within 10 years, possibly sooner now that there's incentive. And now with Martanium to power spaceships and colonies, it's much more technically feasible!

One minor hiccup : Martanium seems to be a substrate for a multicellular algae-like lifeform, growing in colonies on its surface.

What happens next?!

A) Announce our find to the good citizens of Earth. Unlimited power will bring modern amenities and infrastructure to even the darkest reaches of the planet - electricity, water, wifi will all be like oxygen. Living conditions will improve, diseases reduced. (Eff the algae, BTW).

B) Announce our find to the good citizens of Earth, but explain that we cannot use this great resource to better our planet because it would upset the Martian algae. Sorry bout that.

C) Say nothing. Announcing the end of reliance on fossil fuels would not be well received by OPEC countries, affecting the balance of power on Earth, possibly leading to anarchy, war, financial meltdowns.

D) Stick a pin in it, file under 'Classified', bury it in Roswell, accessible only to the POTUS. This resource may be needed in the future by a subsequent generation, running short on power. For now, the world runs happily on non-renewable fossil fuels, than you very much.

E) There is no choice but to exploit this resource now. Other countries have been tinkering with space exploration and Martanium cannot fall into the hands of a corrupt nation, thereby shifting the global balance of power.

Too much time on my hands.
Hey Duane, let me know if u got thru to any of dem Hollywood contacts!
I might have a couple ideas to pitch....

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » April 18th, 2015, 7:07 am

Habit, there is a theory of evolutionism, not exactly the Darwinism evolution...at the end of the day we choose what we want to believe.

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » April 18th, 2015, 7:24 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/what-evidence-supports-the-theory-of-evolution.html

Took one scroll and saw archaeopteryx lol..
xtech wrote:there are many very intelligent animals.

This isn't what I'm getting at, still waiting on effectic to enlighten us all.

mark2.0
Riding on 17's

Postby mark2.0 » April 18th, 2015, 8:36 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
mark2.0 wrote:Most intellectual don't believe in God just as the Pharaohs...

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/what-evidence-supports-the-theory-of-evolution.html

OK monkey man Duane, there are good and real evil forces... Explain that, but if you can't, the Bible does.

Daran
Shifting into 6th

Postby Daran » April 18th, 2015, 9:35 am

mark2.0, what are you even asking? Do you even know?

Can I ask a couple questions to you people who don't understand evolution.

1. What is it about it that you don't like?

2. Do you have an alternate theory that isn't supernatural?

3. Why do you think scientists blindly believe anything?
That's not at all how science works, in fact it's quite the opposite. It's more like a world of competitive geniuses trying to prove each other wrong so that their fame and brilliance will be recognized. There's absolutely zero incentive for them not to disprove it credibly.

Clara
Ricer

Postby Clara » April 18th, 2015, 10:03 am

I can't believe the utter foolishness in this thread. Evolution (man coming from monkeys) is the DUMBEST theory I've every heard, second would be the Big Bang.

I can't believe smart people actually take this THEORY (keyword here people) seriously. Evolution invented by Charles Darwin and his racists family, was something made up to attack the Church. There is no scientific merit in it.

And to state that evolution is the basis for Biology is utter Hogwash. I know many Biologists and PhDs who laugh at evolution (Dr. Rowley is one who comes to mind).

Listen to what a real scientists Dr. Kent Hovind says about evolution.

Sticking to the topic of this thread, God has made the universe for man to rule and enjoy. There is no other life out there, otherwise it would have been mentioned in the Bible.

“Thy heavens, the work of the Thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which Thou has ordained…Thou dost make him [man] to rule over the works of Thy hands, Thou has put all things under his feet”
(Psalms 8:3,6).

The Paleontologist
18 pounds of Boost

Postby The Paleontologist » April 18th, 2015, 10:53 am

Smh. I not gonna bother....

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » April 18th, 2015, 11:22 am

Clara wrote:There is no other life out there, otherwise it would have been mentioned in the Bible.

[sarcasm]and yet they don't use it to teach biology? What a tragedy.[/sarcasm]
maybe that is not the purpose of the book. but hey, don't let that stop you from twisting it suit your needs.
chulo45 wrote:Smh. I not gonna bother....

indeed

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 18th, 2015, 1:35 pm

@ arrow

H scientific community tends to sit on most discoveries until they substantiate their findings to a certain extent.

But eventually NASA will announce what they discovered.

But NASA is different from American government, and the part of their society that runs that shiz.
Tha part will try to maintain their superiority over all other nations. So they will mine the new resource at the expense of the algea.

Any other country with the capability to mine that new resource would attempt to do so as well.

Examples are shale gas exploration with the controversial use of fracing and the construction of the new oil pipeline to Alaska which Obama is trying g to impede but may not be able to.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 18th, 2015, 2:16 pm

Clara wrote:God has made the universe for man to rule and enjoy. There is no other life out there, otherwise it would have been mentioned in the Bible.
I prefer discussions with Habit7

Clara
Ricer

Postby Clara » April 18th, 2015, 2:24 pm

Evolution is NOT science. It's a false scientific hypothesis that is used to explains away God. However, it is rife with errors, absurd assumptions and statistically improbable feats. Not to mention the most obvious example of us humans, being the most complicated thing, you think we happened by chance? God made us in his image, that is why we are masters of our earth. To me, that alone speaks volumes for intelligence design.

Read this where a real scientists disproves all the false claims of evolution.
http://humansarefree.com/2013/12/9-scienctific-facts-prove-theory-of.html

Clara
Ricer

Postby Clara » April 18th, 2015, 2:25 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
Clara wrote:God has made the universe for man to rule and enjoy. There is no other life out there, otherwise it would have been mentioned in the Bible.

Habit7, has grown too accepting, deep down he feels exactly as I do, but he tolerates your viewpoints a bit too much.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 18th, 2015, 2:40 pm

Clara wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

Habit7, has grown too accepting, deep down he feels exactly as I do, but he tolerates your viewpoints a bit too much.
I am happy he does, they are after all my own.

How exactly do you feel?

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » April 18th, 2015, 2:47 pm

At the end day NASA has done it part to sustain the "hope" of those who believe in aliens and justify further government support and funding. In the past NASA's goal moved from orbiting Earth, man on the moon and now man on Mars, and all that is in between. Setting the goal of discovery of extraterrestrial life means unbridled extent and no fixed scope.

Those fine folks at NASA who are a part of the search for alien life have now justified their multiple high paying jobs which only have one huge deliverable that they can always punt every 10 years.

I continue to lack the faith to believe in aliens.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » April 18th, 2015, 2:56 pm

Clara wrote:Habit7, has grown too accepting, deep down he feels exactly as I do, but he tolerates your viewpoints a bit too much.
Please, neither you are Duane can speak for me.

I have refuted Duane and those of his ilk with science, logic and the truth of the Bible. I can do so without being as acerbic as you are trying to be. Show ppl respect and they will read your comments. That's why I am thankful and sure nobody will press play on your video with the discredited Ken Hovind because it would more likely be an uninformed rant as you always make in the few posts you already have.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 18th, 2015, 3:22 pm

Psalms 8:3,6 is rubbish.
We can't rule over everything. Hurricanes can wipe us out like dust, volcanoes burn us like tinder, volcanic ash blocking the sun starve us like removing water from a plant.

Then u have asteroids and meteors which can kill some of us instantly and the rest slowly.
Our life giving son... I mean sun; massive solar flares can remove our atmosphere.

U can have a wandering black hole swallowing us up, or a wandering planet crashing into us.

And he dreaded gamma ray bursts, which are emissions of high intensity radiation but in a narrow beam. If one beam is is managed to be In our direction then its light out. And the frequency at which these bursts occur is a bit worrying.

Or everybody could just get aids and dead.

We are not rulers of creation, we are subject to it.

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » April 18th, 2015, 3:37 pm

sMASH wrote:Psalms 8:3,6 is rubbish.

Before we jump to conclusions, we should read the rest right?
sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field;

The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea

Just throwing that in there. And I also have no idea what that verse has to do with earth and man being the only created life in the universe.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 18th, 2015, 3:49 pm

If I was looking for an indepth answer or clarification, then I should read more.
But I am not, and my statement is based on the explanation and interpretation of that person who cited it.
And that was all they wrote.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » April 18th, 2015, 3:50 pm

Clara wrote:...There is no other life out there, otherwise it would have been mentioned in the Bible.

The internet wasn't mentioned in the bible either, therefore it must be from the devil.

Therefore you should stop posting and let society advance without you.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”