*** The official car accident thread***

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: *** The official car accident thread***

Postby maj. tom » April 29th, 2022, 11:10 pm

Cruise control? Driver was asleep?
That intersection is infamous for these Jokers. No wonder it has an entire subreddit.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » April 30th, 2022, 5:18 am

16 cycles wrote:WtF...red light and straight into other cars still? ^

stupes. you minding your business doing the right thing and some idiot come an ruin your day, ruin your vehicle, inconvenience you, probably kill whoever in the passenger seat, and the kant must a police or soldier who driving on the PBR illegally cause them feel them bad, so as they illegal on the PBR no insurance to get. boy them thing to what does make men trip and ........

now see ian mamoo say its a unmarked police vehicle. pressure for the next party as its a govt vehicle and them must be illegally on the pbr, must be leave arouca region2 and going pos.
Last edited by daring dragoon on April 30th, 2022, 5:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » April 30th, 2022, 5:20 am

maj. tom wrote:Cruise control? Driver was asleep?
That intersection is infamous for these Jokers. No wonder it has an entire subreddit.

i think it have a baptist church close by...... just saying.

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » April 30th, 2022, 1:59 pm

daring dragoon wrote:
16 cycles wrote:WtF...red light and straight into other cars still? ^

stupes. you minding your business doing the right thing and some idiot come an ruin your day, ruin your vehicle, inconvenience you, probably kill whoever in the passenger seat, and the kant must a police or soldier who driving on the PBR illegally cause them feel them bad, so as they illegal on the PBR no insurance to get. boy them thing to what does make men trip and ........

now see ian mamoo say its a unmarked police vehicle. pressure for the next party as its a govt vehicle and them must be illegally on the pbr, must be leave arouca region2 and going pos.
All police vehicles marked and unmarked are allowed to use the PBR. Hardest part is getting your vehicle repaired.

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » May 1st, 2022, 10:51 am

Had a car on its roof just before trincity lights on west bound this morning...looked pretty bad.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 1st, 2022, 11:49 am

Not to digress but as I saw the Trincity lights crash above, who remembers the 1997 model Honda Accord with 3 or 4 occupants in it after coming from wallerfield that crashed by the river?

This was around the year 2006. Anyone remember their names and how the family is doing today? That was a gruesome end!

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 1st, 2022, 12:59 pm

Wasn't that kids of Happi Foods owners?
agent007 wrote:Not to digress but as I saw the Trincity lights crash above, who remembers the 1997 model Honda Accord with 3 or 4 occupants in it after coming from wallerfield that crashed by the river?

This was around the year 2006. Anyone remember their names and how the family is doing today? That was a gruesome end!

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 1st, 2022, 3:42 pm

I really can't recall but all I remembered is that it was some siblings who were in the vehicle together and they ended up taking their sister who also perished in the crash. One of the brothers is still alive because he did not go with them on the trip to wallerfield.

I remembered the vehicle. When the adjusters went to look at the car, they assigned a value of $1,000. and labeled it as "No longer a thing of its kind" or sumtin so.

That has to be one of the most gruesome automotive accidents in T&T history.

Other top mentions would be:

2. The Almera that was crushed by another vehicle by on the CRH by the El Socorro lights. One of the deceased was the younger brother of a local female celebrity.

3. The next one is the with the girls who crashed into the bridge down Cross crossing side I believe with the mazda 3. The then PM attended that funeral.

4. Another gruesome one was with the girl who was working with Digicel I believe and drove a Qashqai that crossed the median back in 2016?

5. Another is with a prominent businessman son driving an Audi Q7 that slammed into the back of a pickup with market produce in it killing the occupants instantly. This was in 2008 I believe.

6. There was one involving a VW Touareg and a struggle in the front seat between 2 friends? I never knew a Touareg could mash up so bad.

7. The Skoda Octavia that split in 2 which was once owned by a well known tuner on this forum.

8. A next one is the Civic that crashed onto the late Justice Kangaloo's Prado. That car literally scattered into parts all over.

9. The Isuzu Dmax crash some years ago on the east side. I think it was a security patrol van and all the officers inside were killed.

10. A popular dude who died in a Tercel. That was a gruesome one.

11. The young boxing talent that crashed in a Yaris by the Sea Lots overpass. When I saw that Yaris, I don't even think an occupant in an S-Class Benz would have survived that crash.

12. Most recent a local sportsman and his friends in a Qashqai that crashed off the highway after coming from a supposed lime in Couva. All of them were literally toasted to death.

If Arrive Alive shows photos of those crashes, we would all slow down a lot but what is evident here is that serious/gruesome crashes have reduced significantly which means something is effective!

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 1st, 2022, 5:04 pm

Compilation of Accidents at Macoya Intersection.

Every culprit was speeding on the PBR.

PBR passes a plenty?

https://www.facebook.com/1362751814/vid ... 9686939240

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 1st, 2022, 5:27 pm

^ The ad wagon on Macoya road broke the red light in this one not with standing whatever speed the PBR driver was doing

Iirc there were at least one more where it was the Macoya Road car that broke the red light.
IMG_20220501_172603.jpg

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 1st, 2022, 7:43 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:^ The ad wagon on Macoya road broke the red light in this one not with standing whatever speed the PBR driver was doing

Iirc there were at least one more where it was the Macoya Road car that broke the red light. IMG_20220501_172603.jpg

Thanks. I missed that with the ad wagon. And yes, there was one where the light was on red for Macoya Rd and the driver just drove off.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 1st, 2022, 8:39 pm

apart from speeding lawless idiots,
maybe they need to put the traffic lights over the roadway highway style for full visibility
with the trees from the park on can easily not pay attention and lose sight of the traffic lights including a lot of background signage

hindian
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby hindian » May 1st, 2022, 8:56 pm

pugboy wrote:apart from speeding lawless idiots,
maybe they need to put the traffic lights over the roadway highway style for full visibility
with the trees from the park on can easily not pay attention and lose sight of the traffic lights including a lot of background signage
That's is a great idea cuz another problem is when the maxis stop to drop off passengers depending on which way you coming on the bus route ( I drive an emergency vehicle) you can't see the lights. I never blaze through any intersection whether the light red or green its always with caution. I was taught that the lights and sirens are to warn other motorists that there is an emergency and for permission please to pass not to drive like a madman.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 1st, 2022, 9:02 pm

heading north is an upward incline i think which also distracts the view

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

*** The official car accident thread***

Postby MaxPower » May 1st, 2022, 9:06 pm

agent007 wrote:I really can't recall but all I remembered is that it was some siblings who were in the vehicle together and they ended up taking their sister who also perished in the crash. One of the brothers is still alive because he did not go with them on the trip to wallerfield.

I remembered the vehicle. When the adjusters went to look at the car, they assigned a value of $1,000. and labeled it as "No longer a thing of its kind" or sumtin so.

That has to be one of the most gruesome automotive accidents in T&T history.

Other top mentions would be:

2. The Almera that was crushed by another vehicle by on the CRH by the El Socorro lights. One of the deceased was the younger brother of a local female celebrity.

3. The next one is the with the girls who crashed into the bridge down Cross crossing side I believe with the mazda 3. The then PM attended that funeral.

4. Another gruesome one was with the girl who was working with Digicel I believe and drove a Qashqai that crossed the median back in 2016?

5. Another is with a prominent businessman son driving an Audi Q7 that slammed into the back of a pickup with market produce in it killing the occupants instantly. This was in 2008 I believe.

6. There was one involving a VW Touareg and a struggle in the front seat between 2 friends? I never knew a Touareg could mash up so bad.

7. The Skoda Octavia that split in 2 which was once owned by a well known tuner on this forum.

8. A next one is the Civic that crashed onto the late Justice Kangaloo's Prado. That car literally scattered into parts all over.

9. The Isuzu Dmax crash some years ago on the east side. I think it was a security patrol van and all the officers inside were killed.

10. A popular dude who died in a Tercel. That was a gruesome one.

11. The young boxing talent that crashed in a Yaris by the Sea Lots overpass. When I saw that Yaris, I don't even think an occupant in an S-Class Benz would have survived that crash.

12. Most recent a local sportsman and his friends in a Qashqai that crashed off the highway after coming from a supposed lime in Couva. All of them were literally toasted to death.

If Arrive Alive shows photos of those crashes, we would all slow down a lot but what is evident here is that serious/gruesome crashes have reduced significantly which means something is effective!

bond,

What about the 280c taxi that was hit by a truck by Curepe lights?

Prob about 15+ years ago.

Bodies were found hugging up and mangled.

Sad day.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 1st, 2022, 9:24 pm

I drive there often and line of sight IMO is not an issue either north or south bound on Macoya Road. Once you reasonably aware of your surroundings it's noticeable.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 1st, 2022, 10:31 pm

Max, that was the one for Mother’s Day where a lady left her home in the US to surprise her mother in trinidad and well never made it to the house?

It have another one where workers from a scaffolding company in pt Lisas were killed in a primera on the smr iirc. That was gruesome.

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » May 1st, 2022, 11:04 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:I drive there often and line of sight IMO is not an issue either north or south bound on Macoya Road. Once you reasonably aware of your surroundings it's noticeable.
Exactly, day and night both Macoya Rd lights and PBR lights are visible as they exist on both sides. The problem is too many people are driving like jackarses and some are making excuses for it. At that very intersection you bound to observe 3 to 4 cars heading north or south breaking the light on almost every cycle.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 1st, 2022, 11:26 pm

https://www.facebook.com/tttliveonline/videos/537156614470452/

Minister of Works and Transport, Rohan Sinanan, tours the accident-prone area at the corner of the Macoya Road and the Priority Bus Route in Tunapuna

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » May 2nd, 2022, 12:31 am

Marabella
Attachments
IMG-20220502-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20220502-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20220502-WA0001.jpg

PapaC
Riding on 17's

Postby PapaC » May 2nd, 2022, 6:54 am

agent007 wrote:Max, that was the one for Mother’s Day where a lady left her home in the US to surprise her mother in trinidad and well never made it to the house?

It have another one where workers from a scaffolding company in pt Lisas were killed in a primera on the smr iirc. That was gruesome.

There was on from the Beetham where a pedestrian was crossing and I believe was dismembered or cut in half some years ago, a Saturday morning I think.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » May 2nd, 2022, 7:01 am

PapaC wrote:
agent007 wrote:Max, that was the one for Mother’s Day where a lady left her home in the US to surprise her mother in trinidad and well never made it to the house?

There was on from the Beetham where a pedestrian was crossing and I believe was dismembered or cut in half some years ago, a Saturday morning I think.
As much as people die there and whatnot, use the forking walkover nah man.Is a highway you crossing,not some backroad in Kunjal.

SR-B14
3NE 2NR for life

Postby SR-B14 » May 2nd, 2022, 7:34 am

PapaC wrote:

Subaru legacy became infamous because of that upper torso was in passenger seat

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » May 2nd, 2022, 11:20 am

Not sure if I said this already but I saw a nissan sylphy parked up in a car park and the tyres were smooth as a baby's bottom....wtf and they still driving on that?

DTAC
18 pounds of Boost

Postby DTAC » May 2nd, 2022, 2:03 pm

aaron17 wrote:Not sure if I said this already but I saw a nissan sylphy parked up in a car park and the tyres were smooth as a baby's bottom....wtf and they still driving on that?

Well you can't flam with tyres so they are at the bottom of the priority list for some drivers. :?

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 2nd, 2022, 2:09 pm

SR-B14 wrote:
PapaC wrote:

Subaru legacy became infamous because of that upper torso was in passenger seat
I remember that Legacy driver incident. I think the police investigation eventually revealed that the driver was infact innocent. Driver was a pilot at the time.

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » May 2nd, 2022, 2:18 pm

https://www.guardian.co.tt/article-6.2. ... afc689cc77

The legacy and the one above is what pushed for walkover.

I saw a younger kid using it today so there is hope

goalpost
punchin NOS

Postby goalpost » May 2nd, 2022, 7:49 pm

16 cycles wrote:https://www.guardian.co.tt/article-6.2.399052.afc689cc77

The legacy and the one above is what pushed for walkover.

I saw a younger kid using it today so there is hope

So what came out of this. The officer was convicted?

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 2nd, 2022, 7:56 pm

Yeh bro that self.

Xplode
Riding on 18's

Postby Xplode » May 2nd, 2022, 8:46 pm

Best soloution for that intersection is a roundabout .

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”