TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Duane was dead wrong!Hybrid Cars cheaper to maintain!

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Duane was dead wrong!Hybrid Cars cheaper to maintain!

Postby RBphoto » February 3rd, 2015, 1:04 pm

I running NP in that normal :|

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » February 3rd, 2015, 1:19 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
DJ Q wrote:I have a question about hybrids... since the engine isn't running all the time, how do you know when to change the oil?
8000KM could mean 4000 on the engine alone...
refer to the service manual

Start-stop technology can put higher stress on engine parts on each re-start.
Based on the setup of each car the manufacturer will recommend which is the proper oil to use and how often changes should be made.

You can also check here
http://lubematch.shell.com/tt/en_US/equ ... honda_(jpn)/hybrid_daa_fd3_1_3l_69kw_civic_hybrid_EFt8Piswc

Hybrid DAA-FD3 1.3L 69kW (Civic Hybrid)
SN 0W-20

Oil Change Intervals

Engine (LDA)
Km Max10000
Months Max12

Automatic Transmission (CVT)
Km Max40000

Green Car Motors

Stop/start cuts fuel bills, saves engine, reduces emissions

Gas pumpGas pump
When you sit at stoplights in a traditional car, the engine continues to run even while it is standing still, meaning the longer your car is caught in traffic the more fuel it uses.

And while your car’s alternator and on-board electrical system gets charged when the engine is running, modern battery technology and more efficient car accessories mean that even if you’re sat in traffic for a long period of time, your car’s 12-volt battery shouldn’t go flat.

By switching off the engine when the car isn’t moving, a stop/start system can drastically lower air pollution and emissions, especially in cities where there tends to be a lot of congestion.

Stop/start also reduces engine wear, lowering maintenance costs and minimizing the risk of engine overheating when waiting in traffic on a hot day.

Actually stop start is good for your engine. Remember it is not a cold engineb that you will be restarting!

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » February 3rd, 2015, 1:24 pm

^ I actually got that from a jiffy lube site. So go argue with them.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » February 3rd, 2015, 1:41 pm

I find the green car article makes sense .It is a hot engine!

I do not believe everything I read on the internet.It must still make sense to me!

RapToR
punchin NOS
Location: Wholesaler & Reseller --- FREE Delivery<--Almost Anywhere!

Postby RapToR » February 3rd, 2015, 1:59 pm

:rofl:

DJ Q
punchin NOS

Postby DJ Q » February 3rd, 2015, 2:28 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:^ I actually got that from a jiffy lube site. So go argue with them.

Well I watched a video on youtube explaining how the prius transmission works and what I've noticed is how it starts the engine. The car doesn't have a starter motor, but is instead started by the electric motor while the car is in motion.

That was my understanding of it. So I'm not sure if this would also apply to traditional start/stop tech.

But to get back to the oil thing, for someone like me who spends more time in traffic than highway driving, I would probably do much more KMs with electricity than gas. Just wondered if the car tells you how much KM each of the engines do...

DVSTT
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby DVSTT » February 3rd, 2015, 2:34 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:^ I actually got that from a jiffy lube site. So go argue with them.

Lolz

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RBphoto » February 3rd, 2015, 2:52 pm

Jiffy Lube ain't shite.

MadCrix
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby MadCrix » February 11th, 2015, 11:49 am

hybrids is sh it fyi

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » February 11th, 2015, 1:12 pm

I have to mention that there are 3 wonderful examples that says otherwise from porsche, mclaren and Ferrari :smile:

DVSTT

Postby DVSTT » February 11th, 2015, 3:28 pm

kamakazi wrote:I have to mention that there are 3 wonderful examples that says otherwise from porsche, mclaren and Ferrari :smile:

And acura coming soon

MadCrix
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby MadCrix » February 12th, 2015, 10:25 am

welllll true lol ok except those lol

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » February 12th, 2015, 11:08 am

From the Economist

The car of the future, today
Hydrogen fuel-cell vehicles promise to be the cleanest mode of transportation, eliminating harmful tailpipe emissions altogether. But despite much publicity, and the fact that most carmakers are working on the technology, fuel-cell cars will not appear in significant quantities any time soon. America's National Academy of Sciences, which advises the government on new technologies, recently estimated that the transition to a “hydrogen economy” will probably take decades, since many challenges remain—in particular, how to produce, store and distribute hydrogen in sufficient quantities.

Hybrid cars, however, offer many of the benefits of fuel-cell vehicles, with the huge advantage that they are available now. Moreover, as the success of the Prius shows, people will actually buy them. The beauty of petrol-electric hybrids is that they do not require any changes in driver behaviour or the fuel-delivery infrastructure.

Rather than being mere stepping-stones on the way to the hydrogen cars of the future, petrol-electric hybrids are likely to be around for years, if not decades, to come. When and if fuel-cell cars become available down the road, they may not replace hybrids, but instead are likely to be descended from them, since they require many of the same components, from control systems to motors. As Joseph Romm, director of the Centre for Energy & Climate Solutions, a non-profit organisation based in Arlington, Virginia, puts it, “hybrids are almost certainly the platform from which all future clean vehicles will evolve"

Full article

http://www.economist.com/node/3422941

b5er
Street 2NR

Postby b5er » February 20th, 2015, 7:50 pm

DJ Q wrote:I have a question about hybrids... since the engine isn't running all the time, how do you know when to change the oil?
8000KM could mean 4000 on the engine alone...

Based on my route and driving style, the duty cycle would be about 75% to 80% engine, 25% to 20% Battery.

I use "Amsoil 10W-30 Signature Series 100% Synthetic Motor Oil" every 10,000 KM. I always use Genuine Toyota Oil Filters as well.

I used to change every 5,000KM but noticed that the oil still looked clean, so switched to 10,000KM

But as mentioned earlier, the Owners manual is the place to find that info.

b5er
Street 2NR

Postby b5er » February 20th, 2015, 8:03 pm

DJ Q wrote:Just wondered if the car tells you how much KM each of the engines do...

Not really, the car just logs the KM travelled like any other car. As long as the wheel turns, then the trip counter logs it. The car does not make any distinction between battery driven or engine driven KM.
(Speaking strictly about the Prius here)

Keep in mind that the engine is tweaked internally to be more efficient than a regular engine, so you can also save a bundle while driving on the engine as well.

b5er
Street 2NR

Postby b5er » February 28th, 2015, 2:06 pm

A172

Postby A172 » March 8th, 2015, 8:38 pm

anybody cud confirm if exemptions in effect?? as in if anybody actually clear a hybrid car this year and didn't have to pay taxes not no hearsay cyak, actually did it

DVSTT

Postby DVSTT » March 8th, 2015, 8:50 pm

A172 wrote:anybody cud confirm if exemptions in effect?? as in if anybody actually clear a hybrid car this year and didn't have to pay taxes not no hearsay cyak, actually did it

I thought it was confirmed. That and the cng vehicle incentives.

thestroke
Street 2NR

Postby thestroke » March 13th, 2015, 10:14 am

A172 wrote:anybody cud confirm if exemptions in effect?? as in if anybody actually clear a hybrid car this year and didn't have to pay taxes not no hearsay cyak, actually did it

I'm clearing my car on Monday, my broker already got cost from Customs and Excise. No VAT and MVT! Had a scare though, first customs officer she dealt with told her they didnt receive any official documentation from Ministry of Finance and that they could only except after official notification. We called MOF and they confirmed, saying that it was gazetted and sent to the Prime Ministers office for approval. After some work around through different ministries and customs she got through. It seems mine may be one of the first to be brought in after the exceptions passed.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » March 13th, 2015, 10:16 am

thestroke wrote:

I'm clearing my car on Monday, my broker already got cost from Customs and Excise. No VAT and MVT! Had a scare though, first customs officer she dealt with told her they didnt receive any official documentation from Ministry of Finance and that they could only except after official notification. We called MOF and they confirmed, saying that it was gazetted and sent to the Prime Ministers office for approval. After some work around through different ministries and customs she got through. It seems mine may be one of the first to be brought in after the exceptions passed.
thanks for that info! much appreciated

what car did you bring and if you don't mind what was the total cost on the road?

RapToR
punchin NOS
Location: Wholesaler & Reseller --- FREE Delivery<--Almost Anywhere!

Postby RapToR » March 13th, 2015, 11:27 am

thestroke wrote:

what car you got ?

A172

Postby A172 » March 13th, 2015, 1:22 pm

thestroke wrote:

yh i geh d document this wk

only applicable to engine size 1799cc and lower, wouldnt apply to me cus is a 3.5l

kjaglal76v2
12 pounds of Boost

Postby kjaglal76v2 » March 13th, 2015, 1:57 pm

A172 wrote:
thestroke wrote:

only applicable to engine size 1799cc and lower, wouldnt apply to me cus is a 3.5l

u corl it dong :oops:

A172

Postby A172 » March 13th, 2015, 2:14 pm

:boolamanwinkeye:

thestroke
Street 2NR

Postby thestroke » March 13th, 2015, 4:41 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
thestroke wrote:

thanks for that info! much appreciated

what car did you bring and if you don't mind what was the total cost on the road?

Toyota Camry about 290k - its a new 2014 and leather package which as per the Toyota Japan's site is the top of the line model (did alot of research before buying; sifting and translating a bunch of japanese sites before committing). Comparing to Toyota Trinidad; the sell the 'basic' hybird camry for 399 or 400k- and thats after factoring the tax exception (i think it was over 500k before)

thestroke
Street 2NR

Postby thestroke » March 13th, 2015, 4:44 pm

A172 wrote:
thestroke wrote:

what you mean applicable to sub 1799cc mine is 2.5l? i didnt see any documents - my broker did all the work. mind sharing the document you have?

A172

Postby A172 » March 13th, 2015, 5:41 pm

pal if u gt wid dah 2.5l u just make my week check yur pm

DJ Q
punchin NOS

Postby DJ Q » March 13th, 2015, 9:54 pm

Ah so we're getting four years... Great!

b5er
Street 2NR

Postby b5er » March 15th, 2015, 9:53 pm

I'm seeing they moved the age restriction from 2 years to 4 years ( yay, yippy, hooray), but the car will only be exempted from "Motor Vehicle Tax", we still have to pay duty and vat, (not cool, yuk).
In the budget, they mentioned exemptions from MVT and VAT.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » March 16th, 2015, 8:54 pm

Senior policeman from central carry his hybrid harrier to repair,mechanic told him the transmission gone. Carried it to a next mechanic and it was the vehicle ran out of gas. The needle was stuck on almost full,and the engine was not kicking in when it was supposed to. They top up the tank and in five minutes the car was back in action.True story!

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”