Forums

Income Tax Refunds

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Re: Income Tax Refunds

Postby Premchand1976 » August 18th, 2022, 10:03 pm

kimikorem_92_ wrote:What it means when your refund just showing as a negative green on your account with no updates.
Means they owe you and it's probably being audited.

Same story with mine. Went in last week and they said they will send up a query list at the end of the week but it takes up to 2 years to complete.....this place eh

superstainless1250
3NE 2NR for life

Postby superstainless1250 » August 19th, 2022, 10:54 am

Premchand1976 wrote:
kimikorem_92_ wrote:What it means when your refund just showing as a negative green on your account with no updates.
Means they owe you and it's probably being audited.

Same story with mine. Went in last week and they said they will send up a query list at the end of the week but it takes up to 2 years to complete.....this place eh
If you collecting more than $10000.00 in refund it have to be audited happened to me a couple years ago so you need to go in full out a form which is total sheit an they will audit an proceed to refund I recieved my cheque in 2 months after the query though

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » August 19th, 2022, 1:05 pm

Thanks for this advice, I have three years on that same negative green. Will go in next week. Any specific area to go to

superstainless1250
3NE 2NR for life

Postby superstainless1250 » August 19th, 2022, 7:23 pm

jhonnieblue wrote:Thanks for this advice, I have three years on that same negative green. Will go in next week. Any specific area to go to
I went to ministry of finance opposite Hyatt I think that's the head office

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » August 20th, 2022, 7:06 am

I know wrong thread.Couldnt find the correct one.
Anybody else got a confirmation email from signing up for property tax?

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » August 20th, 2022, 7:39 am

You were supposed to get an acknowledgement email when you would have done your online submission.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » August 20th, 2022, 7:49 am

Dave wrote:You were supposed to get an acknowledgement email when you would have done your online submission.
Got something yesterday after several months with a PIN number

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » August 20th, 2022, 8:59 am

Yup there you go.
When I did do mine back then it was immediate.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » August 29th, 2022, 12:46 am

Refund received.
Came sometime this week so that means almost three months.
Dizzy28 wrote:2021 filed..........

Now we wait!!!

equal2zero
3NE 2NR for life

Postby equal2zero » January 6th, 2023, 1:59 pm

Question for anyone with knowledge/experience on stamp duty exemption for first-time homeowners:

If I have previously owned/currently own land only (no house) but am now purchasing a property (house and land), will I meet the requirement to be considered a first-time homeowner and s be able to utilize the exemption?

Tried contacting the BIR but not been able to get a clear answer.

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum

Postby 2ndchance » February 2nd, 2023, 3:46 pm

Good day. What's the typical time nowadays between receiving the assessment letter and receiving the refund check? I got the letter about 12 weeks ago but still waiting on the check. I can't recall more than maybe 6 weeks between the letter and the check. Once I even got the check a day or two before the letter.

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » February 11th, 2023, 12:12 pm

2ndchance wrote:Good day. What's the typical time nowadays between receiving the assessment letter and receiving the refund check? I got the letter about 12 weeks ago but still waiting on the check. I can't recall more than maybe 6 weeks between the letter and the check. Once I even got the check a day or two before the letter.

There is no set time when they holding payments. They sometimes good payments until they get they ok from govt to send it out cuz they don't have the money. This is not official instructions of course, but was informed about this when speaking to certain persons there over the phone

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum

Postby 2ndchance » February 23rd, 2023, 6:57 pm

Kronik wrote:
2ndchance wrote:Good day. What's the typical time nowadays between receiving the assessment letter and receiving the refund check? I got the letter about 12 weeks ago but still waiting on the check. I can't recall more than maybe 6 weeks between the letter and the check. Once I even got the check a day or two before the letter.

There is no set time when they holding payments. They sometimes good payments until they get they ok from govt to send it out cuz they don't have the money. This is not official instructions of course, but was informed about this when speaking to certain persons there over the phone

Thanks. Status on e-Tax says that the refund was issued but I'm guessing this does not mean that the check was printed and mailed. I've sent IRD a message on e-Tax so I'll see if they reply.

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » February 26th, 2023, 11:55 pm

2ndchance wrote:
Kronik wrote:

Thanks. Status on e-Tax says that the refund was issued but I'm guessing this does not mean that the check was printed and mailed. I've sent IRD a message on e-Tax so I'll see if they reply.

Refund issued supposed to mean that the cheque was done, only status after that is when you cash the cheque, so lookout for it

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum

Postby 2ndchance » February 27th, 2023, 8:16 pm

Kronik wrote:
2ndchance wrote:
Kronik wrote:

Refund issued supposed to mean that the cheque was done, only status after that is when you cash the cheque, so lookout for it

I thought so too initially but it's been showing refund issued for at least 2 months.

goalpost
punchin NOS

Postby goalpost » February 27th, 2023, 8:54 pm

Yuh cheque lost in d mail

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » February 27th, 2023, 9:04 pm

Can anyone shed some light on if you submit a few tax returns on the same day, and they are all assessed by BIR on the same day based on the date of the letter that they send you and you are due a refund? whether they will issue separate cheques for each year you are due a refund, or whether they will just generate one cheque?

Thanks.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » February 27th, 2023, 10:13 pm

Each year is assessed by itself thus refunds relating to different years will generate their own cheque refund.

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » February 28th, 2023, 6:15 am

Dave wrote:Each year is assessed by itself thus refunds relating to different years will generate their own cheque refund.

Thanks.

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum

Postby 2ndchance » March 7th, 2023, 5:35 pm

2ndchance wrote:
Kronik wrote:
2ndchance wrote:
Kronik wrote:

I thought so too initially but it's been showing refund issued for at least 2 months.

Just an update. Got the check yesterday. So that's 4 months between getting the assessment letter and getting the check.

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » March 9th, 2023, 1:28 pm

2ndchance wrote:
2ndchance wrote:
Kronik wrote:
2ndchance wrote:
Kronik wrote:

Just an update. Got the check yesterday. So that's 4 months between getting the assessment letter and getting the check.
Don't use the assessment letter as the benchmark, many times I got the cheque before I got the letter.
But nice that you GT

vijesh_harrynanan
Riding on 13's

Postby vijesh_harrynanan » March 13th, 2023, 11:32 am

Good day, does anyone know the procedure to get a cheque that has been stale dated?

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum

Postby 2ndchance » March 13th, 2023, 1:49 pm

vijesh_harrynanan wrote:Good day, does anyone know the procedure to get a cheque that has been stale dated?

I did this in December 2021. I called first and they said to just come into the office with the check. So went in to the office in Port of Spain. Spoke to the guy at the desk on the ground floor. He kept the check and made me sign a book. He said to just wait for a new check to come in the mail. I got it a few months later.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » March 13th, 2023, 5:08 pm

Hear dis nah.

I got a bunch of refund cheques today and I have no idea why.

Is BIR setting me up? Should I just hush and deposit? Is the end of the world nigh?

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » March 13th, 2023, 5:10 pm

^ Yes to all questions above! Proceed with caution.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » March 13th, 2023, 5:12 pm

DMan7 wrote:^ Yes to all questions above! Proceed with caution.

LOL. I feel PNM desperately want my vote in 2025.

vijesh_harrynanan
Riding on 13's

Postby vijesh_harrynanan » March 15th, 2023, 2:09 pm

2ndchance wrote:
vijesh_harrynanan wrote:Good day, does anyone know the procedure to get a cheque that has been stale dated?

I did this in December 2021. I called first and they said to just come into the office with the check. So went in to the office in Port of Spain. Spoke to the guy at the desk on the ground floor. He kept the check and made me sign a book. He said to just wait for a new check to come in the mail. I got it a few months later.

The thing is I never received the cheque, but I'll call them and hear what they have to say, thanks for your response.

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » March 15th, 2023, 6:56 pm

I got the assessment letters about a week after I submitted my documents. The cheques came in the mail about three months after the assessment letters.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 15th, 2023, 7:02 pm

friend of mine who is a sole handyman was called and said he has money owing for many years u filed.
anybody ever heard of ppl getting targeted like this?

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » March 15th, 2023, 8:22 pm

Assessments are mailed to inform them of the same.
pugboy wrote:friend of mine who is a sole handyman was called and said he has money owing for many years u filed.
anybody ever heard of ppl getting targeted like this?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”