Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

ed360123
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple - Cryptocurrency in T&T

Postby ed360123 » June 15th, 2022, 6:53 pm

drchaos wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:No Support For Bitcoin Mining
June 14, 2022 TTT News
Government says it is not supporting bitcoin mining at this time.

Speaking in the Senate, Minister in the Ministry of Finance, Brian Manning, explained that the cryptocurrency is restricted in several countries. Independent Senator Amrita Deonarine pointed to a recent newspaper article citing that a Bitcoin mining farm was being proposed at the Tamana InTech Park.

However, Mr. Manning said this was not the case.

https://www.ttt.live/no-support-for-bitcoin-mining/

BTC is banned or restricted in over 100 countries???
Jeez they could lie.

If the PNM doesn't want you doing it ... Then you should probably be doing it.
He's about half off. It's banned or restricted in 51 countries. (In case anyone was wondering)
https://www.investopedia.com/articles/forex/041515/countries-where-bitcoin-legal-illegal.asp

wall
Street 2NR

Postby wall » June 16th, 2022, 4:53 pm

bluefete wrote:^^^ The 1% prolly already made their secret deal with T&TEC for the excess electricity generated at subsidized prices to do their mining.

I heard they secured fixed electricity rates for many many years. When ya big ya large . Manning came out shittin all over crypto and crypto mining with the usual half truths and over reaching false “facts” . Bet they change their tune when the real dons finish their setup

wall
Street 2NR

Postby wall » July 14th, 2022, 4:32 pm

Has anyone figured out a way around this credit card block by all of the local banks ? Any help purchasing crypto would be greatly appreciated

dean_spleen09
Riding on 17's

Postby dean_spleen09 » July 18th, 2022, 5:09 am

wall wrote:Has anyone figured out a way around this credit card block by all of the local banks ? Any help purchasing crypto would be greatly appreciated

i have some for sale if anyone interested , check dms.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » July 18th, 2022, 10:32 am

There are ways but people not talking because when the going gets good and too much people know, the banks clamp down.

wall
Street 2NR

Postby wall » July 18th, 2022, 11:23 am

The_Honourable wrote:There are ways but people not talking because when the going gets good and too much people know, the banks clamp down.

DM me I won’t tell a soul

wall
Street 2NR

Postby wall » July 18th, 2022, 11:29 am

I called the bank regarding the blockage and they couldn’t give me a single reason as to why they stopped allowing users to purchase crypto via cc. What’s the difference between me using my credit card to buy crypto and me using my cc to buy stuff on Amazon? None, no difference . So they tryna tell me how to spend MY money?

Snyper
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Snyper » July 20th, 2022, 7:09 pm

Has RBC also blocked purchases of crypto?

AlphaMan
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby AlphaMan » July 20th, 2022, 8:31 pm

wall wrote:I called the bank regarding the blockage and they couldn’t give me a single reason as to why they stopped allowing users to purchase crypto via cc. What’s the difference between me using my credit card to buy crypto and me using my cc to buy stuff on Amazon? None, no difference . So they tryna tell me how to spend MY money?

All banks must conform to the rules and regulations set by the International SWIFT system or else they become de listed like the current situation in Russia.
I believe they (the banking sector) have a fear that allowing crypto to be purchased using credits cards would get them de listed and that's something no one wants.
Remember Trinidadian credit cards are currently not workable on European website so they probably dont want to force anything either.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » July 20th, 2022, 9:15 pm

AlphaMan wrote:
wall wrote:I called the bank regarding the blockage and they couldn’t give me a single reason as to why they stopped allowing users to purchase crypto via cc. What’s the difference between me using my credit card to buy crypto and me using my cc to buy stuff on Amazon? None, no difference . So they tryna tell me how to spend MY money?

All banks must conform to the rules and regulations set by the International SWIFT system or else they become de listed like the current situation in Russia.
I believe they (the banking sector) have a fear that allowing crypto to be purchased using credits cards would get them de listed and that's something no one wants.
Remember Trinidadian credit cards are currently not workable on European website so they probably dont want to force anything either.

There is a lack of regulations that protects the banking sector from any negative activities of crypto. Until that is hashed out, banks will continue to do the easiest solution... block.

In addition, there is the practice of "de-risking" of caribbean banks by global correspondent banks so we don't want to alienate them further. More on the practice is below:

https://newsday.co.tt/2022/04/25/banker ... attention/

Snyper wrote:Has RBC also blocked purchases of crypto?

Yes

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » July 20th, 2022, 9:17 pm

Speaking of RBC have their mutual fund finally gone thru?

The Punisher
Ricer

Postby The Punisher » August 1st, 2022, 7:55 pm

Anyone has crypto for sale?
Message me please.

firstchoicett
Riding on 16's

Postby firstchoicett » August 7th, 2022, 2:53 pm

The Punisher wrote:Anyone has crypto for sale?
Message me please.

Have USDT at 8-1.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » August 10th, 2022, 3:28 pm

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 10th, 2022, 3:33 pm

what exactly are they ?

are they simply a means to pay a merchant and you have to "top up" some facility like a debit card electronically ?
are they an actual money replacement like a cryptocurrency which you can send/receive to others apart from merchants and uses a standard crypto type wallet ?

I see their website has visa/mc logo, so I suspect its the former.

The Bamboo Online
3NE 2NR for life

Postby The Bamboo Online » August 10th, 2022, 4:02 pm

pugboy wrote:what exactly are they ?

are they simply a means to pay a merchant and you have to "top up" some facility like a debit card electronically ?
are they an actual money replacement like a cryptocurrency which you can send/receive to others apart from merchants and uses a standard crypto type wallet ?

I see their website has visa/mc logo, so I suspect its the former.

Basically it’s a PayPal like service. So you use it like you use PayPal as long as the merchant or your friends use them. Might as well just stick to using PayPal as your banking info might be more secure.
Last edited by The Bamboo Online on August 10th, 2022, 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 10th, 2022, 4:03 pm

so it’s not really a currency then
simply a third party funds transfer
like wipay

bluesclues
punchin NOS

Re: BItcoin: Where can I buy?

Postby bluesclues » October 3rd, 2022, 10:36 am

Easy money. And i got the next best thing thats setting to explode. We are now advising investors in trade. My investment pick soared 300% recently. Bitcoin will go over 100kusd and beyond.

If ud like to learn to master cryptotrading and make steady gains. To learn the secrets, which i have developed for myself. Generating a more than 90% positive trades ratio becomes easy. How to pick the right investments in crypto. My multitiered trading strategies ensure u gain far more than u lose.

wall
Street 2NR

Postby wall » October 4th, 2022, 7:54 am

bluesclues wrote:Easy money. And i got the next best thing thats setting to explode. We are now advising investors in trade. My investment pick soared 300% recently. Bitcoin will go over 100kusd and beyond.

If ud like to learn to master cryptotrading and make steady gains. To learn the secrets, which i have developed for myself. Generating a more than 90% positive trades ratio becomes easy. How to pick the right investments in crypto. My multitiered trading strategies ensure u gain far more than u lose.

Any idea on how to buy crypto now tht our backwards a$$ banks have blocked all crypto purchases via credit card ?

AlphaMan
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby AlphaMan » October 6th, 2022, 2:07 pm

wall wrote:
bluesclues wrote:Easy money. And i got the next best thing thats setting to explode. We are now advising investors in trade. My investment pick soared 300% recently. Bitcoin will go over 100kusd and beyond.

Any idea on how to buy crypto now tht our backwards a$$ banks have blocked all crypto purchases via credit card ?

A better question is how do you receive your profits after you obtain them.
ACH, Wire or Swift transfer?
does this work?

sMASH
TunerGod

Re: Best place to save money right now(credit union,bank,utc,mutual funds)

Postby sMASH » October 7th, 2022, 8:28 pm

watching the NFT thread, i figured out sumting.

i was always saying the mechanism of crypto is good, but it has to be backed by sumting, for it to have a value to be worth any thing in the long term

well, what if some body, issues a crypto, but its backed by legit gold or other valuable asset.... like, directly redeemable. like the original mechanism of how bank notes started.
it would be like a bank note, but a crypto instead...

that way, people coudl trade, all over and be assured of the value precision

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: Best place to save money right now(credit union,bank,utc,mutual funds)

Postby paid_influencer » October 7th, 2022, 8:36 pm

u can use crypto to send to hot chicks on twitch they will do stuff that is good backing imo

dean_spleen09
Riding on 17's

Postby dean_spleen09 » November 9th, 2022, 10:52 am

rip :?:

dogg
Riding on 16's

Postby dogg » November 9th, 2022, 12:45 pm

What a disaster.

Still lower to go.

Why anyone would invest in this... i dunno nah

AlphaMan
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby AlphaMan » November 9th, 2022, 3:09 pm

Get out while its early...
Have a paddna who lost 1000USD...

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » November 9th, 2022, 3:12 pm

meeno bout allyuh but I riding the waves rn like a MF

Watch the 1second graph. Short when it's high, Long when it's low. BTC predictable af rn

Also now is good time to buy. Wud shoot up for Christmas..... Let it drop lower tho

Not financial advice , doh blame me if u get liquidated

AlphaMan
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby AlphaMan » November 9th, 2022, 3:47 pm

ruffneck_12 wrote:meeno bout allyuh but I riding the waves rn like a MF

Watch the 1second graph. Short when it's high, Long when it's low. BTC predictable af rn

Also now is good time to buy. Wud shoot up for Christmas..... Let it drop lower tho

Are you invested in BTC only?
Any other coins?

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » November 10th, 2022, 7:48 am

AlphaMan wrote:
ruffneck_12 wrote:meeno bout allyuh but I riding the waves rn like a MF

Are you invested in BTC only?
Any other coins?

Right now just ETH , but thats cuz I bought at the top, so I aint letting that one go as yet na.... DCA'ing tf outta that one until I break even at least

BUt yeah I was playing with btc, it had the most movement of the couple I saw

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » November 12th, 2022, 7:30 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/hund ... 19541.html

Hundreds of Millions of Dollars Drained From FTX Overnight in 'Unauthorized' Transfers
Jason Nelson
Sat, November 12, 2022 at 9:32 AM

Several wallets allegedly belonging to FTX were drained of hundreds of millions of dollars in coins late on Friday night, with much of the funds transferred from Tether (USDT) into stablecoin DAI, and from staked Ethereum (stETH) into Ethereum (ETH).

It was the same day that FTX filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, and it looked too soon, too late at night, and too sophisticated for the actions to be attributed to liquidators.

The exodus, all visible on blockchain tracker Etherscan, totaled around $650 million according to pseudonymous blockchain sleuth ZachXBT, widely trusted by the DeFi community.

It took until after 2 am EST for FTX US general counsel Ryne Miller to call the transfers "unauthorized" and add that FTX had begun moving assets to cold wallets to "mitigate the damage."

It was a nightmare evening for anyone with funds on FTX. As the hysteria mounted, rumors flew, including one about whether FTX CEO Sam Bankman-Fried was on a plane to Argentina, and a Reuters report claiming he used a secret "back door" built into his exchange to $10 billion to his hedge fund Alameda.

Read the rest in the link above.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » November 12th, 2022, 7:36 pm

Also this:

Elon Musk says FTX founder Sam Bankman-Fried set his 'bulls**t meter' off when he tried to join $44b Twitter purchase and shares crude meme about failed mogul - as $2b of clients' money vanishes

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... chase.html

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”