Forums

Digicel Internet Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

ST Auto
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Re: Digicel Internet Thread

Postby ST Auto » June 19th, 2021, 9:07 pm

Anyone get the hotspot on the tv boxes to work? I turn mine on an I connect to it however it always says connected without internet

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » June 21st, 2021, 3:38 am

ST Auto wrote:Anyone get the hotspot on the tv boxes to work? I turn mine on an I connect to it however it always says connected without internet

Mine used to work for a while until a few weeks ago. It shows up but says connected without Internet. I think digi did some upgrades around the same time so I wonder if they change something

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » June 21st, 2021, 12:01 pm

Another appeal to the top level management of Digicel or anyone who can get in contact with them.

Digicel cut my internet after they charge me for something that I already paid for, after they agreed to remove it from my bill

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » June 21st, 2021, 11:45 pm

Mmoney607 wrote:Another appeal to the top level management of Digicel or anyone who can get in contact with them.

Digicel cut my internet after they charge me for something that I already paid for, after they agreed to remove it from my bill

if you have proper records / emails, start with https://tatt.org.tt/Contact.aspx

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » June 22nd, 2021, 12:23 am

Mmoney607 wrote:Another appeal to the top level management of Digicel or anyone who can get in contact with them.

Did you pay via their online bill payment?

they were experiencing problems with the service last month....i paid internet and 2 postpaid accounts and all went to one bill :|

it was resolved via their chat after a few days because it was 'escalated' to their finance dept.

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » June 22nd, 2021, 1:08 am

wagonrunner wrote:

if you have proper records / emails, start with https://tatt.org.tt/Contact.aspx

Great idea!
stev wrote:

Did you pay via their online bill payment?

they were experiencing problems with the service last month....i paid internet and 2 postpaid accounts and all went to one bill :|

it was resolved via their chat after a few days because it was 'escalated' to their finance dept.

Nah it's nothing like that. They charged me for something I paid for already

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » July 9th, 2021, 10:49 am

airuma
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby airuma » July 11th, 2021, 7:59 am

I'm actually thinking of going back to my previous provider, I've been having issues with internet speed which I attributed to the kids and their zoom classes but the internet speed has improved as the school term is closed even though my kids still do a fair share of streaming simultaneously. This makes me think that the service may be shared too thin in my area.
I also recently had an issue where I payed a bill after being disconnected for about 1 month, I did not know the exact amount so I payed what I though was a little more than required and called a couple days later. Apparently they did not reconnect the service because the other month's bill was generated around the same time. This means that I was being charged even though they were not providing the service. We did question it but still had to pay the outstanding and were eventually refunded. I am not sure if that practice of continued billing even though service was suspended is legal though.

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » July 11th, 2021, 10:46 am

airuma wrote:I'm actually thinking of going back to my previous provider, I've been having issues with internet speed which I attributed to the kids and their zoom classes but the internet speed has improved as the school term is closed even though my kids still do a fair share of streaming simultaneously. This makes me think that the service may be shared too thin in my area.
I also recently had an issue where I payed a bill after being disconnected for about 1 month, I did not know the exact amount so I payed what I though was a little more than required and called a couple days later. Apparently they did not reconnect the service because the other month's bill was generated around the same time. This means that I was being charged even though they were not providing the service. We did question it but still had to pay the outstanding and were eventually refunded. I am not sure if that practice of continued billing even though service was suspended is legal though.

Digicel is a total waste. Absolute garbage company

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » July 11th, 2021, 4:48 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:Image

unaffected. musbe on the other other other line.

kerwinishere
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kerwinishere » July 28th, 2021, 4:19 pm

Anyone was successful setting up ddns on the digicel AP?

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » July 28th, 2021, 5:46 pm

kerwinishere wrote:Anyone was successful setting up ddns on the digicel AP?

never tried it but i have an app that does it on my phone so that my expressvpn works.

ed360123
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby ed360123 » August 5th, 2021, 10:15 pm

Anyone else having issues with Digicel+ in Sando?

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » August 9th, 2021, 1:08 am

It doesnt save.
I have routers behind, and the DNS is set there.

kerwinishere
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kerwinishere » August 12th, 2021, 1:25 pm

wagonrunner wrote:

It doesnt save.
I have routers behind, and the DNS is set there.
Noted, can't even change the WAN name to IPv4.... Went through customer service and like the "engineer" that contacted me was even more lost than the CSR. Couldn't give me a flat answer when I asked if this was something that Digicel simply does not allow and defected to the suggestion "jus buy yuh own router"

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » August 12th, 2021, 8:27 pm

yup. you want network services, do it on your own router.
leave only the tv boxes connected to theirs.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » November 2nd, 2021, 10:55 pm

hey anyone using the built in wifi hotspot on the tv box? cant get it to work even though it shows up on my phone- when i connect to it it says connected without internet. it used to work a few months ago.

sexyicon
3NE 2NR for life

Postby sexyicon » November 3rd, 2021, 6:56 am

redmanjp wrote:hey anyone using the built in wifi hotspot on the tv box? cant get it to work even though it shows up on my phone- when i connect to it it says connected without internet. it used to work a few months ago.

They stopped rhat from working so they could sell you their WiFi repeater system or rent

Nightshield
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Nightshield » November 6th, 2021, 6:56 pm

Goodnight,
Anyone having issues with their internet today?
This morning I noticed, I couldn't browse, nothing loading, but messages being received and sent via WhatsApp.
Activated a VPN, and everything works. Switched it off and it's not working again. I'm wondering if it's a DNS server issue on their end? Around 8am it reverted to normal. About 30 minutes ago, I'm noticing slow speeds.
Located in Freeport zone.

ed360123
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby ed360123 » November 6th, 2021, 7:04 pm

Nightshield wrote:Goodnight,
Anyone having issues with their internet today?
This morning I noticed, I couldn't browse, nothing loading, but messages being received and sent via WhatsApp.
Activated a VPN, and everything works. Switched it off and it's not working again. I'm wondering if it's a DNS server issue on their end? Around 8am it reverted to normal. About 30 minutes ago, I'm noticing slow speeds.
Located in Freeport zone.
Yes, it was a DNS issue. Fixed it by changing the DNS server on my devices. I'm in Sando.

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Digicel Internet Thread

Postby 2WNBoost » November 7th, 2021, 3:37 pm

Digicel Fibre in Chaguanas seems to be down.. Pixelated video, no streaming services, 2Mb download speed with Ethernet connection.
Anyone else having issues?

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » November 7th, 2021, 8:11 pm

2WNBoost wrote:Digicel Fibre in Chaguanas seems to be down.. Pixelated video, no streaming services, 2Mb download speed with Ethernet connection.

nope. chaguanas as well.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » November 8th, 2021, 10:17 am

Any gamers in here on the 100/100 package? What's your ping look like on warzone and cod?

And reliability Freeport/Waterloo area?

Considering the switch over from flow

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby 2WNBoost » November 8th, 2021, 10:25 am

It returned to normal after 7:00pm
By then I just wanted to sleep.

Life without data might prove challenging

st7 wrote:
2WNBoost wrote:Digicel Fibre in Chaguanas seems to be down.. Pixelated video, no streaming services, 2Mb download speed with Ethernet connection.

nope. chaguanas as well.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » November 11th, 2021, 11:31 pm

had a little outage for about 20 mins tonight.

kerwinishere
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kerwinishere » November 12th, 2021, 6:54 am

nick639v2 wrote:Any gamers in here on the 100/100 package? What's your ping look like on warzone and cod?

And reliability Freeport/Waterloo area?

Considering the switch over from flow
87 on mw2019/warzone and varies from mid 60s to high 80s on Apex

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » November 12th, 2021, 4:29 pm

no internet

any DNS issues currently? when i set google dns on my phone it works but not the router ip.

also i tried putting google dns IPs in the router dhcp settings but the router logs me out everytime. is this intentional or something wrong with it?

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » November 13th, 2021, 2:01 am

Ok now not even Google dns working. Ping test on my computer going through to 8.8.8.8 but no other sites including google.com.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » November 13th, 2021, 5:33 am

everyday i getting a text from digicel to reboot my device cause they know i am having issues.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » November 13th, 2021, 10:42 am

I reboot and unplug the digi router already to no avail :cry:

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”