TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Digicel Internet Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Re: Digicel Internet Thread

Postby wagonrunner » April 18th, 2021, 1:28 pm

stev wrote:ok this is sheit.....i need to know why :evil:

my hope is there is a rule embedded in the firmware image being applied to the modems. the other option is its being applied somewhere by Digicel and noone is aware of it.
may be able to confirm if it was possible to get a look at the configuration backup, or image file.

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » April 18th, 2021, 1:32 pm

That old firmware image they applied to the new FLOW Box replacing the new firmware, what's the point of that exercise? The newer firmware UI was much more pleasing and easier to use.

Deus
Riding on 13's

Postby Deus » April 24th, 2021, 2:28 pm

Hey guys I just switched to Digicel from flow and it's been great for the most part, but their horrible router UI and restrictions (compared to flow) is kind of disappointing. While I was on flow, port forwarding port 25565 was simple to do (currently running a fairly large Minecraft server for me and my friends, 50 + online sometimes), but port forwarding on this router is a f****** nightmare. The router options take forever to come up and it's so outdated compared to a flow router from literally 10 years ago. And following a yt tutorial ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0zky16hBYA ) for the router model I have, the port never gets forwarded, and as a result the server doesn't work. Some weird restrictions on Digicel's end I believe. Friday morning I was in a wait for 40+ mins to talk to a customer service representative and I just gave up. This is honestly frustrating and I'm contemplating switching back to flow :/ .

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » April 24th, 2021, 2:31 pm

Deus wrote:Hey guys I just switched to Digicel from flow and it's been great for the most part, but their horrible router UI and restrictions (compared to flow) is kind of disappointing. While I was on flow, port forwarding port 25565 was simple to do (currently running a fairly large Minecraft server for me and my friends, 50 + online sometimes), but port forwarding on this router is a f****** nightmare. The router options take forever to come up and it's so outdated compared to a flow router from literally 10 years ago. And following a yt tutorial ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0zky16hBYA ) for the router model I have, the port never gets forwarded, and as a result the server doesn't work. Some weird restrictions on Digicel's end I believe. Friday morning I was in a wait for 40+ mins to talk to a customer service representative and I just gave up. This is honestly frustrating and I'm contemplating switching back to flow :/ .

or you could just buy your own router

Deus
Riding on 13's

Postby Deus » April 24th, 2021, 7:53 pm

S_2NR wrote:
Deus wrote:Hey guys I just switched to Digicel from flow and it's been great for the most part, but their horrible router UI and restrictions (compared to flow) is kind of disappointing. While I was on flow, port forwarding port 25565 was simple to do (currently running a fairly large Minecraft server for me and my friends, 50 + online sometimes), but port forwarding on this router is a f****** nightmare. The router options take forever to come up and it's so outdated compared to a flow router from literally 10 years ago. And following a yt tutorial ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0zky16hBYA ) for the router model I have, the port never gets forwarded, and as a result the server doesn't work. Some weird restrictions on Digicel's end I believe. Friday morning I was in a wait for 40+ mins to talk to a customer service representative and I just gave up. This is honestly frustrating and I'm contemplating switching back to flow :/ .

or you could just buy your own router

If I do that, the port forwarding problem I have will still persist.

BUG
3NE 2NR for life

Postby BUG » April 26th, 2021, 12:01 am

Switching to digicel tomorrow. Looking at plan speeds, I'm guessing the 100mb/ps "Modern Fibre" plan is 100mb/ps for both upload and download speeds? This sounds more than enough for gaming/streaming in 4k etc?

BUG
3NE 2NR for life

Postby BUG » April 26th, 2021, 10:37 am

*bump*

dtopshottas
3NE 2NR for life

Postby dtopshottas » April 26th, 2021, 2:12 pm

No issues with streaming at 4K or with console gaming. The wireless router is a little weak in my opinion but it really isn't an issue if everything is right next to it. Only issue up to this date is port forwarding and playing Roblox (only works with a vpn...super strange) :turn-l:

BUG
3NE 2NR for life

Postby BUG » April 26th, 2021, 2:35 pm

dtopshottas wrote:No issues with streaming at 4K or with console gaming. The wireless router is a little weak in my opinion but it really isn't an issue if everything is right next to it. Only issue up to this date is port forwarding and playing Roblox (only works with a vpn...super strange) :turn-l:

Thanks! I don't plan on requiring port forwarding and we have ubiquity access points dotted throughout the house so should be fine.

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » April 28th, 2021, 4:44 pm

Can anyone with these pkgs (250 or 500) post their speed tests?

Trying to verify up/dn speeds.
Pls block ur ip.

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » April 28th, 2021, 8:49 pm

From the other day but its about that speed, I have a WiFi 6 router so it helps

Note that you will only get them speed using 5g band not 2.4 and u really should use a better router.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210428_204744.jpeg

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 28th, 2021, 10:19 pm

so what applications would need speeds like dat?

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » April 28th, 2021, 11:06 pm

Thx
might have to belly up and switch
my flow problem going on 3 wks now and only rounders from the tech staff.

death365 wrote:From the other day but its about that speed, I have a WiFi 6 router so it helps

Note that you will only get them speed using 5g band not 2.4 and u really should use a better router.

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » April 29th, 2021, 9:08 am

Not much apps actually need that speed but I am on the Internet / firestick mostly and my wife on TV. So it kills 2 birds with one stone
redmanjp wrote:so what applications would need speeds like dat?

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » April 30th, 2021, 1:50 pm

wagonrunner wrote:Anyone ever successfully setup an incoming VPN on a Digicel Huawei HG8245whatever modem?
issue sorted at the cost of a static ip.
The port mapping for connections below 1023 work now.
Waiting to see the cost of the static IP.

If you ever may want to use one of the "well known" ports (ports below 1023) , subscribe to FLOW or Amplia.
Digicel can allow forward if you pay extra for a static ip.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_TCP_and_UDP_port_numbers#Well-known_ports

R3TROB3N
Ricer

Postby R3TROB3N » May 15th, 2021, 1:28 pm

It have this girl on the internet whom actually compared all the various internet providers in Trinidad And Tobago go check it out https://youtu.be/I2v7upAlsGU

ttphilip
Street 2NR

Postby ttphilip » May 15th, 2021, 5:30 pm

R3TROB3N wrote:It have this girl on the internet whom actually compared all the various internet providers in Trinidad And Tobago go check it out https://youtu.be/I2v7upAlsGU

Had a look….pretty good, worth a watch

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 17th, 2021, 9:12 am

You all need to read this. Scroll down to May 14th

https://tatt.org.tt/Announcements.aspx

Not embedding - "Your images may only be up to 2048 pixels wide"

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » June 4th, 2021, 10:39 am

Anyone else Internet down today? Looks like there's a problem in Arima.

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » June 4th, 2021, 1:16 pm

redmanjp wrote:Anyone else Internet down today? Looks like there's a problem in Arima.

Had no problems Curepe side.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » June 4th, 2021, 2:18 pm

Soul Collector wrote:
redmanjp wrote:Anyone else Internet down today? Looks like there's a problem in Arima.

ok seems like a truck pull down cables in my area. digi waitng till the rain ease. that might be hours though

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » June 4th, 2021, 5:11 pm

https://www.digicelgroup.com/tt/en/home-entertainment/PlanUpgrades.html
The Telecommunications AUTHORITY of Trinidad & Tobago has no authority in these matters.

Retiree living alone was quite happy with just the 40Mb

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » June 4th, 2021, 5:14 pm

redmanjp wrote:
Soul Collector wrote:

ok seems like a truck pull down cables in my area. digi waitng till the rain ease. that might be hours though

back up now :D

rayrayray
Street 2NR

Postby rayrayray » June 6th, 2021, 1:11 pm

So I'm looking to select a good ISP. Gasparillo area. Digicel currently doesn't have the fibre optics available in my area.. im not a gamer ..do alot of video conference calls. Would the Huawei CPE from digicel work equally good ?

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » June 6th, 2021, 1:17 pm

redmanjp wrote:
redmanjp wrote:
Soul Collector wrote:

back up now :D

Waaaaat! They move swift there boi, especially a friday evening in that weather. Niceness.

Never used it and don't know anyone who has it - "Huawei CPE from digicel"

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » June 6th, 2021, 1:32 pm

Anybody could explain why or know anyone high up in Digicel who could explain why the multiscreen app just does not work and Digicel totally ignoring all the one star reviews on the play store?

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » June 7th, 2021, 12:39 am

Mmoney607 wrote:Anybody could explain why or know anyone high up in Digicel who could explain why the multiscreen app just does not work and Digicel totally ignoring all the one star reviews on the play store?

that hasnt worked since android 6 or so.
you mean why they would actually want to supply you with the service you subscribed to?

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » June 7th, 2021, 9:31 am

wagonrunner wrote:
Mmoney607 wrote:Anybody could explain why or know anyone high up in Digicel who could explain why the multiscreen app just does not work and Digicel totally ignoring all the one star reviews on the play store?

that hasnt worked since android 6 or so.
you mean why they would actually want to supply you with the service you subscribed to?

That's the old app which was 10x better than the new one. It only worked on old devices but it was still working perfectly until a few months ago.

Then there's the new app (which somehow 10 years technologically backward than the old one) which took a long time to work, started working for a short time and then totally not working now.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » June 7th, 2021, 11:31 am

wagonrunner wrote:https://www.digicelgroup.com/tt/en/home-entertainment/PlanUpgrades.html
The Telecommunications AUTHORITY of Trinidad & Tobago has no authority in these matters.

This.
All the providers keep upping the basic speeds with attendant price rises however there are still market segments happy with what held before who now paying for speeds they would never use.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » June 7th, 2021, 3:05 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:
wagonrunner wrote:https://www.digicelgroup.com/tt/en/home-entertainment/PlanUpgrades.html

This.
All the providers keep upping the basic speeds with attendant price rises however there are still market segments happy with what held before who now paying for speeds they would never use.

yup. i glad for d 100 but would easily be happy with ah 40. hell before this all i had was a 5mb blink on d go dongle :lol:

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”