Forums

Digicel Internet Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

ShadowtheUnknown
Ricer

Re: Digicel Internet Thread

Postby ShadowtheUnknown » May 27th, 2023, 2:43 pm

Question: Anyone getting the new speed yet?

Also, is it normal you hadda pay(300) to get the new(er) router from Digicel? For a router you don't own?

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » May 29th, 2023, 6:45 am

ShadowtheUnknown wrote:Question: Anyone getting the new speed yet?

Also, is it normal you hadda pay(300) to get the new(er) router from Digicel? For a router you don't own?

Yes to new speed.
And no you don't pay for the routers, i have had 3 routers replaced without cost thus far over the years. The only time i would pay is to change service location, and that includes new router anyway.

ShadowtheUnknown
Ricer

Postby ShadowtheUnknown » May 29th, 2023, 1:59 pm

daxt0r wrote:
ShadowtheUnknown wrote:Question: Anyone getting the new speed yet?

Yes to new speed.
And no you don't pay for the routers, i have had 3 routers replaced without cost thus far over the years. The only time i would pay is to change service location, and that includes new router anyway.

Cool I still have regular speed so I watching to see if and when.

That’s what I thought! When we used to be with blink any router upgrades was free (same package) cause you don’t own it anyway. Is one of the people at billing claimed you hadda pay and it sounded off and very unusual. Will have to check with technicians. Btw the router you have now is the HG8245W5? I think that’s the newest one they giving out now? Cause the current one HG8245H slow and don’t have any 5ghz channels

metalgear2095
12 pounds of Boost

Postby metalgear2095 » May 31st, 2023, 8:38 am

What's the best isp for gaming in east Trinidad, Macoya area?

slymester
Riding on 13's

Postby slymester » June 1st, 2023, 3:33 am

June 1st and waiting on the speed increase. Barataria area.
Anyone ain't get their increase yet?

slymester
Riding on 13's

Postby slymester » June 1st, 2023, 10:16 am

slymester wrote:June 1st and waiting on the speed increase. Barataria area.
Ok so contacted them on twitter and to no surprise they still in the process of upgrading the speeds.
Can't even provide a time frame.
So you all quick to implement the new prices but can't do the same with the speeds.

ShadowtheUnknown
Ricer

Postby ShadowtheUnknown » June 1st, 2023, 10:40 am

slymester wrote:
slymester wrote:June 1st and waiting on the speed increase. Barataria area.
Ok so contacted them on twitter and to no surprise they still in the process of upgrading the speeds.
Can't even provide a time frame.
So you all quick to implement the new prices but can't do the same with the speeds.

Then they shoulda keep dey skin quiet and wait until they could ensure those speeds before wanting to raise prices. bwda is this.

slymester
Riding on 13's

Postby slymester » June 5th, 2023, 3:05 pm

Slight update to my issue.
Speed still showing up as the old speed, so reached out again to them and they advised that the technical team would be contacting me within 2-3 days.
So we'll see what the issue is.

trintee
Riding on 13's

Postby trintee » June 5th, 2023, 3:14 pm

got the bill notifying of the increase yet still registering on 100 on speedtest.. if only they'd put their system in place as quick as their billing

slymester
Riding on 13's

Postby slymester » June 5th, 2023, 3:18 pm

I wondering if new people getting the new speeds

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » June 5th, 2023, 3:35 pm

i was getting 180mb for months now (started off with 100 then got an increase) :roll:

ShadowtheUnknown
Ricer

Postby ShadowtheUnknown » June 5th, 2023, 7:03 pm

slymester wrote:Slight update to my issue.
Speed still showing up as the old speed, so reached out again to them and they advised that the technical team would be contacting me within 2-3 days.
So we'll see what the issue is.

Same here. I contacted them and they told me they sending a technician on wed since I needed a router upgrade. That one only has 2.4ghz channels and don’t get past 80mpbs down on a good day and I haven’t gotten the speed increase yet.

The agent also said the speed upgrade was supposed to be activated for everyone in June 1st so if you not getting through try contacting them on WhatsApp.

Based on what I saw on Twitter I think it a few people having issues.

Btw whoever running that Twitter kinda useless I got much better info on WhatsApp. If for whatever reason you want to change your router it have to be that you not getting the speeds over Wi-Fi. They told me they don’t change routers unless there is something wrong with the function.
Last edited by ShadowtheUnknown on June 5th, 2023, 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShadowtheUnknown
Ricer

Postby ShadowtheUnknown » June 5th, 2023, 7:05 pm

redmanjp wrote:i was getting 180mb for months now (started off with 100 then got an increase) :roll:

You was getting this before the 200 speed change? Yuh gt

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » June 5th, 2023, 7:48 pm

ShadowtheUnknown wrote:
redmanjp wrote:i was getting 180mb for months now (started off with 100 then got an increase) :roll:

at first i got it when they gave a temporary increase after a major outage some months ago- then it went back to the 100 for a few weeks then once again i was getting 180.

the only thing is my digicel router 5ghz not working unless i hold my phone a few inches away from it- but i have my own wifi6 router downstairs from the digi router and get at least 80-100mb on my phone which is good enough- my laptop upstairs has a wired connection so i get the full 180.

ShadowtheUnknown
Ricer

Postby ShadowtheUnknown » June 5th, 2023, 8:03 pm

redmanjp wrote:
ShadowtheUnknown wrote:

at first i got it when they gave a temporary increase after a major outage some months ago- then it went back to the 100 for a few weeks then once again i was getting 180.

the only thing is my digicel router 5ghz not working unless i hold my phone a few inches away from it- but i have my own wifi6 router downstairs from the digi router and get at least 80-100mb on my phone which is good enough- my laptop upstairs has a wired connection so i get the full 180.

You have more than me. I usually get about 114(now seeing 115 recently) on wired. And about 70-80 on a good day or lower on Wi-Fi. The router they give us never was dual band so no 5ghz though that supposed to change when the technician comes. I always wanna know how everybody getting different routers. You know what model you have?

trintee
Riding on 13's

Postby trintee » June 5th, 2023, 11:39 pm

was told by a support agent on the digicel app that the speed update should be done when the next bill cycle starts lol..

ShadowtheUnknown
Ricer

Postby ShadowtheUnknown » June 6th, 2023, 12:22 pm

Lol that’s the same thing the one on Twitter told me but they took hours to respond. The one I talked too on WhatsApp was way better and I asked her specifically if the speed only takes effect on the new billing cycle she said no it’s supposed to be active since June 1st. Hopefully tomorrow when the technician comes I get that sort out.

trintee
Riding on 13's

Postby trintee » June 6th, 2023, 7:22 pm

ShadowtheUnknown wrote:Lol that’s the same thing the one on Twitter told me but they took hours to respond. The one I talked too on WhatsApp was way better and I asked her specifically if the speed only takes effect on the new billing cycle she said no it’s supposed to be active since June 1st. Hopefully tomorrow when the technician comes I get that sort out.

Sigh I'll look out for your update then.

Went through a rep on the app they told me that if i dont receive the updated speed by the time my bill is due i wont have to pay the updated price.. (im doubting this but its screenshotted for furure use if needed)

ShadowtheUnknown
Ricer

Postby ShadowtheUnknown » June 7th, 2023, 9:35 am

Update: Digi came and left this morning and got a new router (HG8245W5-6T) it working really good thus far and getting full speed over wifi on 5g. In fact, I am getting a higher upload speed than what I'm getting via ethernet (122/144) which is kinda weird and making me wonder if the ethernet cable lacking lil bit lol. Download is consistent tho.

fyi your smart tv might most likely have limiters so you might get weird readings from it compared to your other devices.

as for the upgrade, the tech told me to call the center/operations and they told me after constant transfers and me repeating myself (but honestly, it didn't take long) they told me that the upgrades are being done in batches so some people will get it earlier than others but all should be completed by the end of this month. So ah marking it by if this month pass and I not seeing changes ah askin them what going on.

SO that is probably why the others were saying it should be there by the next billing cycle. All they had to do was explain that so it not looking like they just sitting down and waiting till you pay the new price to get it.

ShadowtheUnknown
Ricer

Postby ShadowtheUnknown » June 7th, 2023, 9:38 am

redmanjp wrote:
ShadowtheUnknown wrote:

dat 5ghz not functioning properly you in line for a new one. Talk to digi via whatsapp and explain to them exactly what going on with it and you should be able to get it replaced. Make sure they understand you not getting full function and they will replace it for free. Most likely you get the same one i get today

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » June 14th, 2023, 1:44 am

I'm getting 280mb tonight! :shock: did the test 3 times it's no fluke.

Swisha
Chronic 2NR

Postby Swisha » June 14th, 2023, 9:51 am

Got the speed increase as well

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » June 14th, 2023, 1:35 pm

The speed increases, and then is inconsistent.
Have to restart this new router everyime the speed tests around 30-150.
It will return to 200 for some time, until it does it again.

since they changed the router, in also can no longer make outgoing PPTP VPN connections.
jobs logged. ticket numbers given since April 3rd, and a whole not of nothing took place since then.
Seems to not be a function of their improcment.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » June 14th, 2023, 1:38 pm

Swisha wrote:Got the speed increase as well

so this a second increase- did they say anything about this and are we going to get another increase in price?

kerwinishere
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kerwinishere » June 14th, 2023, 9:59 pm

Currently experiencing slow speeds in the Princes Town area (<30Mbps). Rep said its an outage in the area with no ETA for completion of repairs

kerwinishere
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kerwinishere » June 15th, 2023, 7:32 pm

Anyone currently have Digicel Smart Home (home security) and can provide a review and/or comparison to blink vigilance?

ShadowtheUnknown
Ricer

Postby ShadowtheUnknown » June 15th, 2023, 8:33 pm

Bwdmc you does real get tru. I only getting about 206/7 down unless I ping Miami it goes up slightly. 230 up.

You really getting through with them speeds

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » June 16th, 2023, 12:04 pm

it's 280mb now. but if the price increases yet again i will tell them to revert me to the 180. i dont need the 280 if i am going to pay extra.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » June 16th, 2023, 12:06 pm

by the way - did Digicel change router passwords? I can't login to my router but dont remember changing it.

ShadowtheUnknown
Ricer

Postby ShadowtheUnknown » June 16th, 2023, 3:49 pm

redmanjp wrote:by the way - did Digicel change router passwords? I can't login to my router but dont remember changing it.

Nope. The default password still works. I just login and reboot just to check. I advise you reboot, or unplug for about a min or 2 plug back in and check if it works.
Last edited by ShadowtheUnknown on June 16th, 2023, 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”