Chronic 2NR

Re: Digicel Internet Thread

Postby Swisha » June 23rd, 2022, 6:47 pm

Back to normal for me as well

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » June 24th, 2022, 8:22 am

Mine was still playing up a little bit this morning, reset the router and it was working better, will see this evening how it moving

SuperMan9999
Street 2NR

Postby SuperMan9999 » June 25th, 2022, 9:51 am

Now that ur internet is working guys \can someone post a speedtest / ping test for digicel to New York, Nevada and a couple places in Canada?

Need to know by today if to allow Digicel to come and replace my Flow I can't do this until I see the latency to these places to know if it's worth it.

Swisha
Chronic 2NR

Postby Swisha » June 25th, 2022, 1:35 pm

SuperMan9999 wrote:Now that ur internet is working guys \can someone post a speedtest / ping test for digicel to New York, Nevada and a couple places in Canada?

Need to know by today if to allow Digicel to come and replace my Flow I can't do this until I see the latency to these places to know if it's worth it.

fred1266
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fred1266 » June 26th, 2022, 12:45 pm

paid_influencer wrote:donno what those words mean but digicel is the best choice for gaming. noticeably snappier than flow for everything.

why exactly digi better for gaming, i already have flow and can't try digi cause dey want the 1 year contract so i cannot even try it for month

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » June 26th, 2022, 2:26 pm

fred1266 wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:donno what those words mean but digicel is the best choice for gaming. noticeably snappier than flow for everything.

why exactly digi better for gaming, i already have flow and can't try digi cause dey want the 1 year contract so i cannot even try it for month

It varies based on area. In some area digicel is more reliable. In others, flow is more reliable. So, it's best to ask your neighbors.

SuperMan9999
Street 2NR

Postby SuperMan9999 » June 28th, 2022, 1:59 pm

S_2NR wrote:
fred1266 wrote:

It varies based on area. In some area digicel is more reliable. In others, flow is more reliable. So, it's best to ask your neighbors.

Not true do some real ping tests here

https://testmy.net/latency?addr=dallas

You will see just how bad the deviation readings from Flow is compared to Digicel.
Digicel reads like a a LAN cable and Flow reads like a WIFI even tho both are on a wired network.

I actually tested this with someone and compared with my Flow, it's scary to see how stable Digicel actually is.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » June 28th, 2022, 3:40 pm

Is flow still using coaxial cable or fiber?

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » June 28th, 2022, 4:05 pm

redmanjp wrote:Is flow still using coaxial cable or fiber?

fiber for the backbone, coaxial to the customer

digicel for real snappier. I have multiple connections from both companies and I can tell you which one I'm on just from the 'feel,' even in web browsing.

Digicel is just immediate load while flow is fast. Both are fine for most uses, but gaming would def prefer digicel.

Streaming, downloading, no difference tho.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Digicel Internet Thread

Postby nick639v2 » June 28th, 2022, 5:16 pm

SuperMan9999 wrote:
S_2NR wrote:
fred1266 wrote:

You will see just how bad the deviation readings from Flow is compared to Digicel.
Digicel reads like a a LAN cable and Flow reads like a WIFI even tho both are on a wired network.

I actually tested this with someone and compared with my Flow, it's scary to see how stable Digicel actually is.

Well my flow connection saying 2-3% deviation to most of them, I don’t understand what that means. Looks almost the same as my digicel connection. I have access to both under one roof here and I find gaming/matchmaking is identical on the 100mbps packages as well as streaming. The main difference is web page browsing

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » June 28th, 2022, 5:41 pm

SuperMan9999 wrote:
S_2NR wrote:
fred1266 wrote:

Ping ain't a huge concern for me as I don't game online much. I'm speaking about reliability and performance for streaming, downloading, video calls/meetings.

My ping is usually good anyway. Always in the 50s to Miami servers.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » June 28th, 2022, 6:05 pm

paid_influencer wrote:
redmanjp wrote:Is flow still using coaxial cable or fiber?

fiber for the backbone, coaxial to the customer

how far is the run to the customer?
pond street la romaine has been out of service about 9 days in the last 28, due to the coax being "harvested" for copper.

fred1266
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fred1266 » June 28th, 2022, 9:52 pm

after reading this seems i might have to bit the bullet and get digi just for the gaming experience, going to hurt to have be paying 2 internet service providers but would love a better game experience

would have tried digi years ago if dey wasnt forcing the oen year contract

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » June 29th, 2022, 8:54 am

Why u need to keep flow?

SuperMan9999
Street 2NR

Postby SuperMan9999 » June 29th, 2022, 10:13 am

Digicel should be here this week to set me up, I think there is a flow bill outstanding on my account what happens if I don't pay that tho?

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » June 29th, 2022, 12:04 pm

SuperMan9999 wrote:Digicel should be here this week to set me up, I think there is a flow bill outstanding on my account what happens if I don't pay that tho?

Doh pay it and let us know

SuperMan9999
Street 2NR

Postby SuperMan9999 » June 29th, 2022, 12:11 pm

You can quite clearly see in a real world test and a hard test at that, there is a MASSIVE difference between Digicel and Flow.

This test is all the way to India, so not an easy test if you use all the super difficult test at long range, India to London to LA to NY you will see how Digicel wins by a mile everytime.

https://i.ibb.co/K9LBKs7/Whats-App-Imag ... -43-AM.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/ZdyC46H/Whats-App-Imag ... -42-AM.jpg

Sorry for not embedding it into the forum but this trinituner website is a massive outdated pile of garbage. The fact that it's so difficult to display a image on this site really speaks for itself.

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » June 29th, 2022, 12:23 pm

SuperMan9999 wrote:You can quite clearly see in a real world test and a hard test at that, there is a MASSIVE difference between Digicel and Flow.

This test is all the way to India, so not an easy test if you use all the super difficult test at long range, India to London to LA to NY you will see how Digicel wins by a mile everytime.

https://i.ibb.co/K9LBKs7/Whats-App-Imag ... -43-AM.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/ZdyC46H/Whats-App-Imag ... -42-AM.jpg

Sorry for not embedding it into the forum but this trinituner website is a massive outdated pile of garbage. The fact that it's so difficult to display a image on this site really speaks for itself.

Trinituner uses phpBB3 which is nowhere near outdated.

It's just the owners don't wish to spend on cloud storage to store images when there are so many free sites out there which do it for free.

SuperMan9999
Street 2NR

Postby SuperMan9999 » June 29th, 2022, 12:25 pm

^ when I use the IMG tag it says cannot determine picture size, this website is really awful anyother website I just have to paste the image link and it shows up, not asking them to store any image just wish this would function like a normal website from the last 10 years.

I can go on almost any forum and post a image link and it will automatically embed, this site is so bad...

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » June 29th, 2022, 1:35 pm

true i get that error with the img size a lot. so that has to be fixed.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » June 29th, 2022, 1:47 pm

The problem is the host you're using imgbb. They have a lot of problems across many forums with an error called "certificate verify failed" which is at their end with their https certificate.

Use a better host and resize the image to the max dimensions allowed here up to 2048 pixels wide.
imgur always works. photobox works. Every other host works except imgbb.
Alternatively you can just use the embedded "Attachments" feature available on desktop and the mobile Trinituner app.

And well there are many other free forums like Trinigamers, Discord, Reddit and Twitter, etc. where you can air your views.

Code: Select all

[img]https://i.imgur.com/Lh4MwSp.jpg[/img]

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » June 29th, 2022, 2:02 pm

Code: Select all

[img]https://imgur.com/a/cMnAxYd[/img]

still not working :roll:

how do u resize on imgur?

SuperMan9999
Street 2NR

Postby SuperMan9999 » June 29th, 2022, 2:27 pm

I use postimages.org which is the most popular image hosting site and same issue

Trinituner is the problem it's just a bad cheap forum they used because I don't think admin wanted to pay for a proper forum.

fred1266
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fred1266 » June 29th, 2022, 8:27 pm

SuperMan9999 wrote:Digicel should be here this week to set me up, I think there is a flow bill outstanding on my account what happens if I don't pay that tho?

dont play with flow hoss i remember we had flow when our house burnt and never officially disconnected after about 5 years got a letter from a a collector

had to pay 2k

Jinnz
Ricer

Postby Jinnz » July 2nd, 2022, 11:07 am

Does anyone have issues loading YouTube, Netflix etc? This issue has been going on about a week and more. Only way around it is thru 1.1.1.1 on my Apple devices and protonvpn on android then everything loads normally,

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » July 2nd, 2022, 11:48 am

Jinnz wrote:Does anyone have issues loading YouTube, Netflix etc? This issue has been going on about a week and more. Only way around it is thru 1.1.1.1 on my Apple devices and protonvpn on android then everything loads normally,

Is this Digicel broadband at home? What DNS you have set?

Jinnz
Ricer

Postby Jinnz » July 2nd, 2022, 12:52 pm

Yes fibre at home, Digi ont is 8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1.Tried reset etc, only thing that works is going through a vpn as described before.Hard line or Wi-Fi is the same issue

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » July 6th, 2022, 5:24 pm

anyone getting problems with digi internet or cable today? my dad in petit valley not getting anything at the moment

Xander_25
Street 2NR

Postby Xander_25 » July 7th, 2022, 8:29 pm

Goodnight all,

Anyone knows if Digi has problems currently? Here in Tobago atm, I'm barely getting proper dl speeds. Tests are showing less than 10Mbps sometimes 4 to 5. Meanwhile ul speeds are through the roof @145Mbps upwards. Just want to know if there's a break somewhere or something. Decided to work on redoing a Mac at the worst possible time it seems.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”