3NE 2NR for life

Re: Car Search vs GPS Tracking Systems

Postby gundeleroy2k » March 21st, 2014, 7:12 pm

Okay

AirSupport
Sweet on this forum

Postby AirSupport » March 22nd, 2014, 4:08 pm

We have been migrating customers for the past two weeks to our system. GPS experts is compatible and of course we offer recovery.

At present we have three recovery teams working on 24/7 rotation and our own helicopter to support.

AirSupport
Sweet on this forum

Postby AirSupport » March 22nd, 2014, 4:09 pm

redmanjp wrote:
r1riderz wrote:I have a gsm gps unit in my car dat can kill de car with a text...tells u exactly where it is with a text...u need a smartphone though...it have no google maps on a me2..lol... de fella name is keron...3602288...call him if u want more info...if anybody want my car more dan me ...dey cud take it for a drive round de corner den i killin de engine

does the text include gps coordinates? if so i guess u cud type it in to Google maps if u dont have a smartphone

im thinking maybe a geofence would be the only way to alert the recovery ppl if u are a sound sleeper when dey take your car

Also our system alerts the customer when the vehicle is tampered with. This is automatic as the system detects when the legal owner is close by.

ahalia
Riding on 13's

Postby ahalia » April 29th, 2014, 9:35 pm

Premera wrote:Bout 4k

It's 3k the first time install plus the first year, an $1500.00 every year onwards the best of all I got it fifteen years had 3 incidents an 20 minutes guaranteed you have your ride impound the best above all.

ahalia
Riding on 13's

Postby ahalia » April 29th, 2014, 9:42 pm

the bandits are so smart as a smartphone you shut the car down they done know so they burn it down. car search they go out there an get that bandit retrieve your car the best of the best thank you car search......

AirSupport
Sweet on this forum

Postby AirSupport » May 9th, 2014, 2:24 pm

Well thats the old way of doing things. Not effective as we have customers who lost their car with the RFID technology installed.

Digicel and F6 Tech are marketing the vision service all over the caribbean and its is a fantastic product. We added that to our air support recovery and nothing matches it. Not even....well we wouldnt call the name....

ek4ever
Shifting into 6th

Postby ek4ever » May 9th, 2014, 2:51 pm

Have seen a CarSearch recovery in progress .... about 5 men with shotguns pull-up on the stolen vehicle. Bandits prolly sh1te themselves.

CarSearch is the first thing I install in a new vehicle

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » May 9th, 2014, 4:23 pm

That's why I think they're one of the best if not the best option.

There is a difference between knowing where your vehicle is (GPS) and having the artillery to actually go get it back (Car Search, etc).

pioneer
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pioneer » May 9th, 2014, 10:12 pm

14lover wrote:
RichieRich wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:Car search = you no longer own your car, they do :lol:

Touch anything and them men does know, play you eh answering that phone when it ring next few seconds and you better had make sure you nowhere near that vehicle because they coming to look for it and from what I understand, them men not playing.
they came many times to my Garage asking nicely if xxxxxx car is in my yard cause they picked up a signal and if they can view the car.

Took out my battery to put in my father in law`s jalopy, car search called me 20secs after i took out the first battery pole!!!! They asked me if i was alright and if the car is ok..said they got a distress signal..
Look the other day i had to call them before i install an amp in the car cuz i had to interfere with with the battery..car search for life yes!!

Girl told me on the phone if I plan to remove battery pole, I have to notify them and bring the car back in after for "servicing" of the system...each time I remove the battery pole...

Is that freal?

pioneer
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pioneer » May 9th, 2014, 10:14 pm

*rumshop talk*

Ah man tell me how carsearch does setup car to get tief and then not recover them, saying something went wrong with the system. Seeing they can track your car at anytime...

Freal?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » May 9th, 2014, 11:02 pm

pioneer wrote:
14lover wrote:
RichieRich wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:Car search = you no longer own your car, they do :lol:

Touch anything and them men does know, play you eh answering that phone when it ring next few seconds and you better had make sure you nowhere near that vehicle because they coming to look for it and from what I understand, them men not playing.
they came many times to my Garage asking nicely if xxxxxx car is in my yard cause they picked up a signal and if they can view the car.

Took out my battery to put in my father in law`s jalopy, car search called me 20secs after i took out the first battery pole!!!! They asked me if i was alright and if the car is ok..said they got a distress signal..
Look the other day i had to call them before i install an amp in the car cuz i had to interfere with with the battery..car search for life yes!!

Girl told me on the phone if I plan to remove battery pole, I have to notify them and bring the car back in after for "servicing" of the system...each time I remove the battery pole...

Is that freal?

It "trips off" their system so they think the car is being tampered with.

Its best to let them know if you removing the pole so they just reset everything when it "trips off". Either way they call and ask wtf going on.

You don't have to go in.

Pardna neighbor car have it nah.

pioneer
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pioneer » May 9th, 2014, 11:21 pm

That songin like ah scene oui

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » May 9th, 2014, 11:38 pm

Cousin brother in law have it in he corolla too

AirSupport
Sweet on this forum

Postby AirSupport » May 10th, 2014, 1:21 pm

RF location is not new but a proven technology. There are ways to beat it like what was just described. With that system though, you dont know where the car is until they see it. They cannot immobilize the car they have to intercept. And you the customer have to wait in hope when a recovery is in place.

With GPS tracking and recovery, a ground team, aircraft and monitoring centre agent is at your disposal. You can track the progress in real time, and see where the assets that is assisting you is at and what they are doing. This is the modern way of recovery.

Some people prefer old school, some people like new age.

AirSupport
Sweet on this forum

Postby AirSupport » May 10th, 2014, 1:38 pm

This is a screen shot of the F6 vision service
There is a video you could see on the system on our website. www.tntairsupport.com

Capture3.JPG

pioneer
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pioneer » May 10th, 2014, 7:06 pm

What if your car parked in a basement or container...gps go pick up?

M_2NR
not Admin

Postby M_2NR » May 10th, 2014, 7:15 pm

careful this thread end up in misc bargain like the car care thread eh.

pioneer
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pioneer » May 10th, 2014, 7:15 pm

I seein dat

AirSupport
Sweet on this forum

Postby AirSupport » May 10th, 2014, 7:24 pm

pioneer wrote:What if your car parked in a basement or container...gps go pick up?

Container, sometimes.
Basement, depends on how close they are to the cell towers (AGPS allows the system to triangulate without actual GPS.)

But in any case, with online cloud services, as the vehicle is sending its location data every 5 to 10 secs you will see up to the point it entered an area where the signal was lost. When it comes back and reacquires it continues transmitting.

Ryan2302
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Ryan2302 » May 11th, 2014, 8:33 pm

ahalia wrote:
Premera wrote:Bout 4k

It's 3k the first time install plus the first year, an $1500.00 every year onwards the best of all I got it fifteen years had 3 incidents an 20 minutes guaranteed you have your ride impound the best above all.

I installed a system on saturday, I paid alot less than that, 1501.15 for the first year to be exact.

pioneer
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pioneer » May 11th, 2014, 8:41 pm

They have a special goin on...the install is $1.15

Yes one dollar and fifteen cents.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » May 12th, 2014, 9:27 pm

Really?

Damn I really need to get that asap

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » May 12th, 2014, 10:41 pm

Damn yo.

buzz
Riding on 17's

Postby buzz » May 13th, 2014, 11:09 pm

For those who are saying RF can't be interrupted :lol:

For the sake of diplomacy (and forum rules) the best I can say is this...

Choose a provider that can recover your vehicle (already mentioned)

Choose a provider that actively monitors your vehicle's GPS unit reporting (these fly by night no monthly fees solutions puts the responsibility of topping up your sim etc in your hands, unless you check it every day, you wouldn't like to find out on the day your car goes missing that your unit wasn't reporting in for the past 3 days)

Also most of these units you purchase online (and many offered locally) are susceptible to external interference; are your units locked/secure ? Is your provider reputable ?

Should I get hold of your unit's IEMI/ESN or sim's SMS number I can cause a great deal of havoc or even pre-emptively disable your unit before a car jacking ;)

Proof ? It's my job to know these things :fadein:

AirSupport
Sweet on this forum

Postby AirSupport » May 14th, 2014, 8:53 am

buzz wrote:For those who are saying RF can't be interrupted :lol:

For the sake of diplomacy (and forum rules) the best I can say is this...

Choose a provider that can recover your vehicle (already mentioned)

Choose a provider that actively monitors your vehicle's GPS unit reporting (these fly by night no monthly fees solutions puts the responsibility of topping up your sim etc in your hands, unless you check it every day, you wouldn't like to find out on the day your car goes missing that your unit wasn't reporting in for the past 3 days)

Also most of these units you purchase online (and many offered locally) are susceptible to external interference; are your units locked/secure ? Is your provider reputable ?

Should I get hold of your unit's IEMI/ESN or sim's SMS number I can cause a great deal of havoc or even pre-emptively disable your unit before a car jacking ;)

Proof ? It's my job to know these things :fadein:

This is so true....Thats why we have been saying SMS tracking is unreliable. On our system all the units are sending messages every ten seconds. If we see a unit is offline for one day we will call the customer. In other words we will know the unit is not working properly before the customer.

Furthermore, our customer do not top up any sim cards. We heard another company dropping the prices of their units and saying we were overly priced. The thing is included in our price is a sim card with voice, sms and data already paid for a year. If you take that out, and our air support recovery unit, our unit plus installation is the cheapest on the market.

So what really makes a good GPS service is not the unit alone, but the company providing the service, monitoring and recovery.

Lastly, I know that comment was meant for us, but we are a fly by night company, but we also fly by day....in fact we can fly anytime, That why we are Air Support. LOL

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » February 12th, 2018, 8:58 am

Bump, saw another company advertising air support tactical?

just to confirm car search is roughly 1500$ for the first install, 1000-1200 per year and how often do i need to carry it in for servicing as i heard it needs to be done ever so often?

ill prob call them later on in the week.

goalpost
punchin NOS

Postby goalpost » February 12th, 2018, 9:03 am

Car Safe is the best

eitech
punchin NOS

Car Search vs GPS Tracking Systems

Postby eitech » February 12th, 2018, 9:32 am

Ted_v2 wrote:Bump, saw another company advertising air support tactical?

just to confirm car search is roughly 1500$ for the first install, 1000-1200 per year and how often do i need to carry it in for servicing as i heard it needs to be done ever so often?

ill prob call them later on in the week.

Once per year is d service and you pay the annual fee then

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » February 12th, 2018, 7:06 pm

iirc car search annual fee is 1500 & if u have a pricesmart card u get a discount which makes d fee around 1200

when u go to pay ur annual fee they do a service check to make sure d device\system functioning properly , so this is including in d yearly fee ....

V2NR 3.0
punchin NOS

Postby V2NR 3.0 » February 13th, 2018, 8:58 am

Good Morning Tuners

I used to be a customer of car-search. On the contract you sign, you are required to initial next to a clause that gives car-search the authority to use "any force" necessary. I really do like this concept. After I have been terrorized and traumatized, I do want angry men with shot guns giving these bandits real therapy - fatal therapy.

However, what cause me to leave is their customer service and workmanship. The CSR's suck and their workmen. After they did an install for me, the side panel never lined back up, clips were broken and also they re-wired my alarm system which caused issues (wing mirrors to focus backwards in reverse) stopped working.

On they other side, had two "accidental" triggers with car-search and them men don't play. Absolutely brutal.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”