Forums

The Official Skybox Thread: Take 2

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

d.d.s.
Sweet on this forum

Re: The Official Skybox Thread: Take 2

Postby d.d.s. » July 6th, 2021, 9:22 am

Are there any other companies besides WebSource that offers online payment?

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » July 6th, 2021, 9:32 am

d.d.s. wrote:Are there any other companies besides WebSource that offers online payment?

Aeropost

ice_winged_angel
Ricer

Postby ice_winged_angel » July 8th, 2021, 7:50 am

Ordered a phone, arrived as per Aeropost on the 28th June. No updates since then.
Seems like everything needs to be ordered more than a month in advance now.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » July 8th, 2021, 7:59 am

update

rpmexpress seems to be a full week ahead of websource with clearing items

just got some invoices for items that arrived at rpm on 28th-30th june and theyre ready for me to pick up

while websource has stuff for me that they get since 23rd june and still didnt clear customs as yet

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » July 8th, 2021, 9:48 am

Just came from websource. They're asking persons if they can get their boxes as customs bonds is so full that alot of packages are not under shelter and are getting soaked in the rain and they need to repackage.

U feel a customer gonna wanna hear that.
After waiting 4 or 5 weeks for a item....to hear it damaged in rain....real flabbergastery yes

[X]~Outlaw
Riding on 16's

Postby [X]~Outlaw » July 8th, 2021, 1:31 pm

Wt actual f!

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » July 8th, 2021, 4:44 pm

The Bond is so full :o

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » July 8th, 2021, 5:37 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:Just came from websource. They're asking persons if they can get their boxes as customs bonds is so full that alot of packages are not under shelter and are getting soaked in the rain and they need to repackage.

After waiting 4 or 5 weeks for a item....to hear it damaged in rain....real flabbergastery yes

?..I dont understand this part. They're asking customers to come pick up damaged boxes?

If you waiting 4 to 5 weeks for an item with a skybox. Time to switch. Even with the current delays I dont wait longer than two weeks after item hits miami.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » July 8th, 2021, 5:41 pm

Actually, my son ordered a keyboard and when he got it the entire packaging was literally destroyed. It was the first time I had ever seen anything like that.

Fortunately, the keyboard worked well.

Phone Surgeon wrote:Just came from websource. They're asking persons if they can get their boxes as customs bonds is so full that alot of packages are not under shelter and are getting soaked in the rain and they need to repackage.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » July 8th, 2021, 5:56 pm

bluefete wrote:Actually, my son ordered a keyboard and when he got it the entire packaging was literally destroyed. It was the first time I had ever seen anything like that.

does the insurance we're charged cover any dmgs between Miami to in yuh hand, or that's just to fly from Miami to POS?

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » July 8th, 2021, 6:04 pm

st7 wrote:
bluefete wrote:Actually, my son ordered a keyboard and when he got it the entire packaging was literally destroyed. It was the first time I had ever seen anything like that.

does the insurance we're charged cover any dmgs between Miami to in yuh hand, or that's just to fly from Miami to POS?

afaik, insurance covers the item once it is in their care. from receipt at miami warehouse to delivered in your hands.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » July 8th, 2021, 6:05 pm

S_2NR wrote:

?..I dont understand this part. They're asking customers to come pick up damaged boxes?

If you waiting 4 to 5 weeks for an item with a skybox. Time to switch. Even with the current delays I dont wait longer than two weeks after item hits miami.

maybe he means for the customer to come clear the item themselves? if it already cleared it would be in a skybox warehouse and not the bond.

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » July 8th, 2021, 6:06 pm

S_2NR wrote:

^^^ X2.
Does that mean they expect you to go into customs bond to get the boxes? How we doing that?

Or did you mean something else?

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » July 8th, 2021, 6:12 pm

My bad. Should have worded it better.

When you go to collect your packages at websource, they are asking if you willing to give them your outer box for them to re use.
So they open the box for you to take out your item and they keep the (brown) box to re use to repackage other persons items

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » July 8th, 2021, 6:15 pm

LOL man that makes things so much clearer.

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » July 9th, 2021, 5:20 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:My bad. Should have worded it better.

When you go to collect your packages at websource, they are asking if you willing to give them your outer box for them to re use.
So they open the box for you to take out your item and they keep the (brown) box to re use to repackage other persons items
You nearly cause a riot lol

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » July 9th, 2021, 6:52 am

now get a 3 second video of outside caribbean airlines bond

basically things wrap down on carts outside in the rain

Zalos
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Zalos » July 9th, 2021, 10:43 am

wdj
I also have packages received in miami on the 28th and waiting on customs..

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 9th, 2021, 10:47 am

My aeropost packages are finally out of customs. What usually takes 3-4 days is taking 12-20

dredman1
Riding on 18's

The Official Skybox Thread: Take 2

Postby dredman1 » July 10th, 2021, 8:40 am

Zalos wrote:wdj
I also have packages received in miami on the 28th and waiting on customs..

Lol. I have a package that arrived at websource miami office on Jun 23 still awaiting customs clearance.

Mind you that package was delivered together with another one on the same day, at the same exact time, by the same courier, which I got delivered to me on Wednesday gone.

However, the one I got Wednesday was a small light package (~1lb,) in a bubble wrap envelope, while the other is a much larger and heavier package in a box with some electronic items.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » July 12th, 2021, 9:52 am

From Tropical Express:

NEWSFLASH
DATE: 11th July, 2021
NEWSFLASH:
Package Update
Dear Valued Members,

We hope all of you are in good health and are well at this time. Just a reminder, as stated in our previous Newsletters that due to the pandemic, there has been a reduction in cargo clearance operating hours at the Swissport Courier Bond (MONDAY – FRIDAY | 8:00 a.m. – 4: 00 p.m.). In addition, the new Covid-19 protocols limit the amount of authorized personnel at the Bond. Therefore, all courier companies have been clearing packages on a rotation schedule (2-3 DAYS for the WEEK).

IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO NOTE
We would like to inform you for clarification, the process of clearing goods at the bond. Firstly, appointments are required in order for all courier companies to clear. Schedules for cargo clearance are received from Customs & Excise on a daily basis indicating:
The Company
Which specific manifests
How many manifests

It is important to note that we are not necessarily given shipments based on numerical order of the manifest but more so by the size of the manifest, if the said manifest is in Trinidad (shipped by the airline), availability of Bond staff, etc.

WHY ARE SOME MANIFESTS SKIPPED?
Please note that Tropical Express delivers your manifests based on proper date and time of processing/numerical order to the airline.

However, based on the airlines’ space availability, we sometimes experience delays with specific manifests as some are flown into Trinidad before others (i.e. not in numerical order). Therefore, more recent manifests are sometimes cleared before older ones because at the time of the scheduled appointments from Customs, they were not available (not in the country). For example, the following manifests were shipped later into Trinidad and therefore were not available to clear.

Manifests that were skipped because they were flown into Trinidad later than more recent ones:

M-1998 – in Trinidad, awaiting an appointment to clear
M-2000 – in Trinidad, awaiting an appointment to clear
M-2002 – in Trinidad, awaiting an appointment to clear

MANIFESTS AVAILABLE FOR PICK-UP ON MONDAY, JULY 12, 2021:
M-1995
M-1999
M-2001
M-2003

MANIFESTS THAT WOULD BE AVAILABLE FOR PICK-UP BY WEDNESDAY JULY 14, 2021:
S-404
M-2004
M-2005
M-2006

MANIFESTS THAT SHOULD BE SCHEDULED TO CLEAR EARLY THIS WEEK:
H-173
S-405
M-2007

Please be reminded that we cannot guarantee the clearance of these manifests as it depends on available Bond staff, facility space, shipment examination times, etc.

Members are advised to check the Track Page on our website (click the button below) or check your Customer Portal for further updates on the availability of your packages.

An additional update will be posted on or before Wednesday July 14, 2021 to review the outlook for manifest availability for the balance of the week.

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » July 12th, 2021, 12:22 pm

Do the Customs Officers go through every package in the shipment for each company?

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » July 12th, 2021, 3:25 pm

They supposed to, cuz thats their job.
But i get packages that were never opened/retaped

Then i got others that were opened, amd even the contents opened and checked...

So i guess is how much they (skybox) pay to get the shipement passed
Gem_in_i wrote:Do the Customs Officers go through every package in the shipment for each company?

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » July 12th, 2021, 3:30 pm

dem does only open jockey shorts packages to check if the jockey shorts is camouflage

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » July 12th, 2021, 4:01 pm

*KRONIK* wrote:They supposed to, cuz thats their job.
But i get packages that were never opened/retaped

Then i got others that were opened, amd even the contents opened and checked...

So i guess is how much they (skybox) pay to get the shipement passed
Gem_in_i wrote:Do the Customs Officers go through every package in the shipment for each company?
Depends on the skybox, Aeropost opens reach package they receive and they take pictures of the package and seal it back, once thing matching up enough it good. When they clearing, they have pics of the actual items in the package as proof so no need to physically inspect it, unless something suspect.

Because I notice when I prealert and have a invoice that matching the item properly, it clears quick, when I have an item with a real vague description, it usually takes a couple days longer to clear and i get the delay in customs

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » July 12th, 2021, 8:08 pm

paid_influencer wrote:dem does only open jockey shorts packages to check if the jockey shorts is camouflage

ohhhhh so daz why i receive mine so

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » July 13th, 2021, 1:25 pm

New Kid on the Block? Got this in my e-mail:

Hello Good Day,

Introducing our Skybox Service to you, B & H Tropicals Ltd, the better choice for all your skybox needs, conveniently located in Central Trinidad!!

Try us out and see the difference, $18.98 TTD per pound, ($2.75 USD/ lb). No Sign-up Fees or Yearly charges. No waiting, get your personal Skybox address right away.

With B & H Tropicals you will know exactly what your charges would be before you buy. What you see is what you pay!! Use our calculator to see your local charges https://bhtropicals.com/calculator. Sign-up today!!

No Surprises
No Guessing
Delivery to your Door!!
Great Customer Service
Best Rates in the Country, $2.75 USD per pound

NO SIGN-UP FEES

NO YEARLY MEMBERSHIP CHARGE

http://www.bhtropicals.com

REMINDING YOU TO BE SAFE DURING THIS DREADED PANDEMIC. EXERCISE CAUTION AND THE THREE W's;

WEAR YOUR MASK
WASH YOUR HANDS
WATCH YOUR DISTANCE

BE SAFE.....LET'S DO OUR PART!!

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » July 13th, 2021, 2:03 pm

So wait nuh. Which skybox companies actually still have a yearly membership fee?

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » July 13th, 2021, 2:28 pm

2.75 usd is actually a good rate. Will wait on the reviews

christopherwilliams2
Riding on 18's

Postby christopherwilliams2 » July 15th, 2021, 8:43 pm

Oh jeez an ages! I have something customs since July 1st...15 days now...and still delayed in customs!!! oh jeez an

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”