Forums

The Official Skybox Thread: Take 2

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Re: The Official Skybox Thread: Take 2

Postby Kenjo » August 4th, 2021, 10:25 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:got charged $7000 taxes on a shipment of cellphones yesterday, $2600 USD value

courier company wanted me to pay the charges before collecting the package and told me to fight up with customs on my own

after some back and forth and i insisting they open the package and record the contents showing its just cellphones and they sort out customs issue or else i would have to post up the invoice on my social media pages

they gave me the package and said they would sort out the problems with customs

Lol they serious

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » August 4th, 2021, 10:34 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:got charged $7000 taxes on a shipment of cellphones yesterday, $2600 USD value

courier company wanted me to pay the charges before collecting the package and told me to fight up with customs on my own

after some back and forth and i insisting they open the package and record the contents showing its just cellphones and they sort out customs issue or else i would have to post up the invoice on my social media pages

they gave me the package and said they would sort out the problems with customs

pm me name of company so i could avoid them please, thanks.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » August 4th, 2021, 10:39 pm

call name in code

Arcmanov
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Arcmanov » August 4th, 2021, 10:44 pm

7000 in taxes on items that supposed to be fully tax-exempt.

Wow...that is not even a 'mistake'. That is downright dishonesty.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » August 5th, 2021, 12:27 am

Not calling the name.

It's not the courier company fault and proper procedure is really for the customer to fight up with customs after.

I just pressure them because I could.

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » August 5th, 2021, 9:31 am

Package delivered to WS Miami on July 22, cleared and invoice received this morning. Awaiting delivery

Jewlicious
Ricer

Postby Jewlicious » August 5th, 2021, 1:27 pm

hustla_ambition101 wrote:Package delivered to WS Miami on July 22, cleared and invoice received this morning. Awaiting delivery

Do you know if your items came with Caribbean airlines 106 or amerijet 810?

I have one that was delivered to WS on the 22nd , flight was Caribbean airlines and it still shows received from shipper ..

After reading your post I called WS to find out if the package is scheduled to be cleared soon and was told that it’s still in Miami lol... I feel the csr wasn’t too sure. I’ve had things arrive after the 22nd and I already got the invoice , they were on amerijet flight.

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » August 5th, 2021, 4:26 pm

Jewlicious wrote:
hustla_ambition101 wrote:Package delivered to WS Miami on July 22, cleared and invoice received this morning. Awaiting delivery

I have one that was delivered to WS on the 22nd , flight was Caribbean airlines and it still shows received from shipper ..

After reading your post I called WS to find out if the package is scheduled to be cleared soon and was told that it’s still in Miami lol... I feel the csr wasn’t too sure. I’ve had things arrive after the 22nd and I already got the invoice , they were on amerijet flight.

Had a package delivered to websource miami on July 23, and up to yesterday morning it read it was still in Miami.
Then yesterday afternoon it updated to read it arrived at Piarco and was “awaiting customs clearance”.
Today the status changed to “clearing customs August 5th”.
Waiting to see if it updates later tonite or tomm with an invoice and that it is ready to collect

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » August 5th, 2021, 4:36 pm

Jewlicious wrote:

I have no idea

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » August 5th, 2021, 10:15 pm

dredman1 wrote:
Jewlicious wrote:

Had a package delivered to websource miami on July 23, and up to yesterday morning it read it was still in Miami.
Then yesterday afternoon it updated to read it arrived at Piarco and was “awaiting customs clearance”.
Waiting to see if it updates later tonite or tomm with an invoice and that it is ready to collect

Just to update.

Got the invoice tonite and the package is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

Jewlicious
Ricer

Postby Jewlicious » August 6th, 2021, 11:11 am

dredman1 wrote:
dredman1 wrote:
Jewlicious wrote:

Just to update.

Thanks for the update. I’m still waiting . I had some stuff delivered by WS yesterday and the courier told me they were clearing almost everyday now but customs are still deciding what shipments they clear, so it’s not really in the order they arrive.

Maybe by weekend for me.

christopherwilliams2
Riding on 18's

Postby christopherwilliams2 » August 6th, 2021, 12:21 pm

christopherwilliams2 wrote:
tropi_flakes wrote:Package 1:
Received in aeropost Miami 7-7-21 ready for pickup 30-7-21

Package 2:
Received in Miami 1-7-21
"delayed in customs ".......

3 more packages received in Miami today I know I'm not seeing them till September...

I have a toy doll for my daughter ....received in Miami 15th July 2021.

20 days later....still waiting. :D

22 days later....still waiting. :D

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » August 6th, 2021, 12:27 pm

and that's with aeropost? lol

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » August 6th, 2021, 2:55 pm

My stuff received today after 30 days with Aeropost.

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » August 6th, 2021, 4:14 pm

Strugglerzinc wrote:My stuff received today after 30 days with Aeropost.
Like yours was in the same batch as mine

Received by Aeropost on the 8th of July,
Delivered to me on the 6th of August

christopherwilliams2
Riding on 18's

Postby christopherwilliams2 » August 6th, 2021, 4:21 pm

like dey trying to force we not to buy anything online.

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » August 6th, 2021, 6:03 pm

Jewlicious wrote:
dredman1 wrote:
dredman1 wrote:
Jewlicious wrote:

Just to update.

Thanks for the update. I’m still waiting . I had some stuff delivered by WS yesterday and the courier told me they were clearing almost everyday now but customs are still deciding what shipments they clear, so it’s not really in the order they arrive.

Maybe by weekend for me.
Smaller stuff perhaps? My package was pc related and only 1lb.....didnt want to wait for delivery so I collected it

tropi_flakes
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby tropi_flakes » August 6th, 2021, 7:00 pm

tropi_flakes wrote:Package 1:
Received in aeropost Miami 7-7-21 ready for pickup 30-7-21

Package 2:
Received in Miami 1-7-21
"delayed in customs ".......

3 more packages received in Miami today I know I'm not seeing them till September...

I have a toy doll for my daughter ....received in Miami 15th July 2021.

20 days later....still waiting. :D

22 days later....still waiting. :D
Package #2 finally received today for me.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » August 6th, 2021, 7:07 pm

Car partttttss reaccchhh WS... Doh stickkkkk stutututuutu

Jewlicious
Ricer

Postby Jewlicious » August 6th, 2021, 9:02 pm

gastly369 wrote:Car partttttss reaccchhh WS... Doh stickkkkk stutututuutu

Lmao. U have a 3 week wait at least.

I had a package reach WS today, the email said it should arrive locally on Wednesday. Then the 10 plus days in customs .

Good luck

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » August 6th, 2021, 9:37 pm

I hear stu,tu,tuu,tuu

Wah yuh really saying here?

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » August 7th, 2021, 12:21 am

*KRONIK* wrote:
I hear stu,tu,tuu,tuu

Wah yuh really saying here?

rajulakan
Ricer

Postby rajulakan » August 7th, 2021, 8:58 pm

Good night,
What is the situation on the port with respect to clearing a barrel? I want to send some supplies for my family down there but wondering if I should wait since it seems really backlogged and slow. If air packages are taking a month to clear, how long a shipped barrel will take? Anyone has recent experience with a barrel?

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » August 7th, 2021, 10:29 pm

rajulakan wrote:Good night,
What is the situation on the port with respect to clearing a barrel? I want to send some supplies for my family down there but wondering if I should wait since it seems really backlogged and slow. If air packages are taking a month to clear, how long a shipped barrel will take? Anyone has recent experience with a barrel?

Seabox things reaching in a month which is basically a week longer than air if not equivalent

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » August 8th, 2021, 9:06 am

Kenjo wrote:

Seabox things reaching in a month which is basically a week longer than air if not equivalent
Don't think sea freight (LCL goods) would be affected as bad, because their hours of operations usually is 8-4, unlike the air freight bonds which had longer hours.
It would obviously have delays compared to pre covid times, and if any staff had to get quarantine, it would cause a disruption, but not like the air freight side

BUG
3NE 2NR for life

Postby BUG » August 8th, 2021, 4:25 pm

Want to order a large charcoal grill from Walmart. Anyone done this before and what shipping costs/duty should I expect? Looking at the customs sheet it says Barbecue Grills (Gas) 20% + 12.5%VAT. No mention of charcoal grill but assume it comes under the the same as the Gas Grills?

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » August 8th, 2021, 6:28 pm

Like a man bringing a weber performer?

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » August 8th, 2021, 7:37 pm

I had a barrel sent and collected end June.

Barrel takes about one week fro Miami.

One week in Trinidad after arrival for unstuffing.

Now once unstuffed you collect your paperwork and get an appointment from Customs. The appointment can be two to three weeks after collecting paperwork.

I liaised with the FF who arranged for brokerage service, clearing on my behalf, payment of duties etc., and delivery. So I got my barrel 3 days after arrival it was ready in the port. The fees were not that high too. I was very happy as I didn't have to go into the port and best of all, got my goods faster.

The barrel shipping is not bad and runs smoothly from what I am told, especially with the appointment system now. I didn't want to venture out due to Covid.

christopherwilliams2
Riding on 18's

Postby christopherwilliams2 » August 9th, 2021, 1:27 pm

Who handles this for you? What business...I'd like to get a barrel in but I am hoping for a business that handles it seamlessly...like the skybox.

carluva wrote:I had a barrel sent and collected end June.

Barrel takes about one week fro Miami.

One week in Trinidad after arrival for unstuffing.

Now once unstuffed you collect your paperwork and get an appointment from Customs. The appointment can be two to three weeks after collecting paperwork.

I liaised with the FF who arranged for brokerage service, clearing on my behalf, payment of duties etc., and delivery. So I got my barrel 3 days after arrival it was ready in the port. The fees were not that high too. I was very happy as I didn't have to go into the port and best of all, got my goods faster.

The barrel shipping is not bad and runs smoothly from what I am told, especially with the appointment system now. I didn't want to venture out due to Covid.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » August 9th, 2021, 3:15 pm

An uncle of a good friend does it for me. He charges a fee which include cost of the barrel and his service fee for packing, transport, etc.

I have used him about 4 times already and have good experiences.

You will have to arrange how to pay him.

Because I have worked with him already he doesn't fuss when he's paid. In your case, he may request payment before he transports to the FF.

The FF then sees about bringing it in per what I have described already.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”