Forums

Tablet for Kids. Suggestions?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

kurpal_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Tablet for Kids. Suggestions?

Postby kurpal_v2 » October 24th, 2013, 1:48 pm

Strauss wrote:I got my daughter an iPad Mini when it was released last year (TT$ 2400).

Up to now she can't put it down. The kids section is just so HUGE. Not to mention having Siri. She has apps from blackboards (even simulating the chalk sounds) to all the Disney apps, her favourite TV show apps, counting, drawing, memory games, driving, putting on make up / celeb mirrors, virtual cash registers (that read real bar codes). She watches YouTube, read children books and interactive books… just so many kids stuff on iOS.

Many of the apps are just not on Android or are of poorer quality. WIth iCloud, all her apps and contacts are sync'd to her iPhone. I can chat with her on Skype from the office… She also has her own mac and accounts on the other Macs in the house. All her stuff is synced across the board. Because the Mac's mouse is multi-touch, she moves between iPad, iPhone and iMac with ease.

And she's only 3 years old.

Wanna adopt a son? I can cook,clean and add to household income :|

Strauss
Shifting into 6th

Postby Strauss » October 24th, 2013, 1:56 pm

kurpal_v2 wrote:
Strauss wrote:I got my daughter an iPad Mini when it was released last year (TT$ 2400).

Up to now she can't put it down. The kids section is just so HUGE. Not to mention having Siri. She has apps from blackboards (even simulating the chalk sounds) to all the Disney apps, her favourite TV show apps, counting, drawing, memory games, driving, putting on make up / celeb mirrors, virtual cash registers (that read real bar codes). She watches YouTube, read children books and interactive books… just so many kids stuff on iOS.

Many of the apps are just not on Android or are of poorer quality. WIth iCloud, all her apps and contacts are sync'd to her iPhone. I can chat with her on Skype from the office… She also has her own mac and accounts on the other Macs in the house. All her stuff is synced across the board. Because the Mac's mouse is multi-touch, she moves between iPad, iPhone and iMac with ease.

And she's only 3 years old.

Wanna adopt a son? I can cook,clean and add to household income :|

Let me discuss it home.

If she says "yes", you'll have to come out her vagina so we can pretend you are like new. Getting you in is no problem. Of her two entrances, I honestly don't know which is bigger.

Spitfir3
punchin NOS

Postby Spitfir3 » October 24th, 2013, 2:00 pm

^ da songin like a win win situation dey bai

pioneer
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pioneer » October 24th, 2013, 2:29 pm

Really feel sorry for kids who don't grow up with Apple products.

My niece is 10 mths old and has an ipod touch :|

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » October 24th, 2013, 3:27 pm

Expensive chew toy..

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » October 24th, 2013, 4:05 pm

A Kindle Fire HD with some kid apps. You can get them free from the amazon apstore and it has freetime where you can control the amount of time they use it. Get a case for it and you're good to go. Plus amazon's warranty is top notch.

Computerman
Riding on 18's

Postby Computerman » October 24th, 2013, 4:19 pm

iPad mini with Retina display.

RapToR
punchin NOS
Location: Wholesaler & Reseller --- FREE Delivery<--Almost Anywhere!

Postby RapToR » October 24th, 2013, 6:22 pm

Do not buy any kindle

pioneer
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pioneer » October 24th, 2013, 6:27 pm

Samsung boys will say buy a Tab

Question is, which one?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » October 24th, 2013, 10:29 pm

snypaz wrote:A Kindle Fire HD with some kid apps. You can get them free from the amazon apstore and it has freetime where you can control the amount of time they use it. Get a case for it and you're good to go. Plus amazon's warranty is top notch.
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:I wouldn't advise on a Kindle device as they can only run apps that are approved by Amazon. You do not get the full Android experience with the Kindle

LovinDiva
3NE 2NR for life

Postby LovinDiva » October 25th, 2013, 8:32 am

Thanks for the suggestions, however I'm not interested in any Kindle. So either the Nexus 7 or Ipad mini or 2. Now on to prices, where can I get it for less

RapToR
punchin NOS
Location: Wholesaler & Reseller --- FREE Delivery<--Almost Anywhere!

Postby RapToR » October 25th, 2013, 8:35 am

LovinDiva wrote:Thanks for the suggestions, however I'm not interested in any Kindle. So either the Nexus 7 or Ipad mini or 2. Now on to prices, where can I get it for less

ipad mini 16gb wifi only

MD528E/A (Model subject to change)

$2200.00

Rainman
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rainman » October 25th, 2013, 9:22 am

RapToR wrote:
LovinDiva wrote:Thanks for the suggestions, however I'm not interested in any Kindle. So either the Nexus 7 or Ipad mini or 2. Now on to prices, where can I get it for less

ipad mini 16gb wifi only

$2200.00

This

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » October 25th, 2013, 9:27 am

Panadol

moti
punchin NOS

Postby moti » October 25th, 2013, 9:31 am

cinco wrote:Panadol

Was actually waiting to see how long a tuner would take to give this advice.
But Baby Cafenol works faster and tastes better ^-^

LovinDiva
3NE 2NR for life

Postby LovinDiva » October 25th, 2013, 9:35 am

RapToR wrote:

ipad mini 16gb wifi only

$2200.00

What does wifi only mean?

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » October 25th, 2013, 9:42 am

It doesn't have space for a sim card.

LovinDiva
3NE 2NR for life

Postby LovinDiva » October 25th, 2013, 9:43 am

Really feel sorry for kids who don't grow up with Apple products.[/b]

Really? steups

LovinDiva
3NE 2NR for life

Postby LovinDiva » October 25th, 2013, 10:24 am

pete wrote:It doesn't have space for a sim card.

Well how much for the one that does?

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » October 25th, 2013, 10:33 am

maybe about 50% more and that's if it doesn't get classed as a cell phone.

Do you need mobile internet on it? Only problem with all wifi only apple products is no GPS.

Strauss
Shifting into 6th

Postby Strauss » October 25th, 2013, 10:39 am

pete wrote:maybe about 50% more and that's if it doesn't get classed as a cell phone.

The tablet is for a CHILD.
That means APPS.

iOS has far superior and more apps designed for kids. iOS's simpler design also means younger ones can easily pick and navigate an iPad. Lots and lots and lots of games that run very smoothly.

Kids are not going to spend time playing on a lock screen or playing and looking at weather widgets. People who buy iPads spend their time in APPS.

It's an investment into a child's future. I rather spend the money and get something to develop their brains and for them to have more fun.

LovinDiva
3NE 2NR for life

Postby LovinDiva » October 25th, 2013, 10:42 am

Strauss wrote:
pete wrote:maybe about 50% more and that's if it doesn't get classed as a cell phone.

That means APPS.

iOS has far superior and more apps designed for kids. iOS's simpler design also means younger ones can easily pick and navigate an iPad. Lots and lots and lots of games that run very smoothly.

Kids are not going to spend time playing on a lock screen or playing and looking at weather widgets. People who buy iPads spend their time in APPS.

It's an investment into a child's future. I rather spend the money and get something to develop their brains and for them to have more fun.

Ok so tell me which is the better one for my budget? I ain't looking at no investment. Hell, they all need to be replaced after a while.

Rainman
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rainman » October 25th, 2013, 10:51 am

LovinDiva wrote:
Strauss wrote:

That means APPS.

Ok so tell me which is the better one for my budget? I ain't looking at no investment. Hell, they all need to be replaced after a while.

All my ipads were wifi only versions, i have my wifi network at home and the company has a wifi network.

Strauss
Shifting into 6th

Postby Strauss » October 25th, 2013, 10:59 am

LovinDiva wrote:
Strauss wrote:

That means APPS.

Yea ALL devices need to be replaced faster and faster these days.

Apple usually supports their devices 3 years old with the latest software as soon as it is released. An iPad Mini should last you two years with all your apps up-to-date. The battery life is very long (but it also takes a long time to recharge). $2200 is a good price on Amazon and locally.

If you want Android, please please get a Google Nexus 7. It has better support and the experience is much better than the other Android tablets. It's also very snappy and feels great in your or a child's hands.

The only downside to Android (in your case) is inferior apps. The most popular ones are there and match iOS in quality and stability. In my experience, having a much larger selection of better apps for the iPad Mini means I can get apps tailored to what my daughter needs and likes. And she changes her mind every two weeks and yet there is STILL "an app for that".

pioneer
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pioneer » October 25th, 2013, 11:06 am

Let's not forget ho unresponsive those non-apple tabs are

LovinDiva
3NE 2NR for life

Postby LovinDiva » October 25th, 2013, 11:14 am

Strauss wrote:
LovinDiva wrote:
Strauss wrote:

That means APPS.

Yea ALL devices need to be replaced faster and faster these days.

Apple usually supports their devices 3 years old with the latest software as soon as it is released. An iPad Mini should last you two years with all your apps up-to-date. The battery life is very long (but it also takes a long time to recharge). $2200 is a good price on Amazon and locally.

If you want Android, please please get a Google Nexus 7. It has better support and the experience is much better than the other Android tablets. It's also very snappy and feels great in your or a child's hands.

The only downside to Android (in your case) is inferior apps. The most popular ones are there and match iOS in quality and stability. In my experience, having a much larger selection of better apps for the iPad Mini means I can get apps tailored to what my daughter needs and likes. And she changes her mind every two weeks and yet there is STILL "an app for that".

What's the price like on the Nexus 7?

pioneer
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pioneer » October 25th, 2013, 1:25 pm

Change name to PovertyDiva

LovinDiva
3NE 2NR for life

Postby LovinDiva » October 25th, 2013, 3:09 pm

pioneer wrote:Change name to PovertyDiva

:shock: so I'm broke cuz I refuse to spend over my budget for something that would only last 2 years.

Take this :fist:

pioneer
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pioneer » October 25th, 2013, 3:20 pm

Typical poverty logic.

Strauss
Shifting into 6th

Postby Strauss » October 25th, 2013, 4:00 pm

LovinDiva wrote:
pioneer wrote:Change name to PovertyDiva

:shock: so I'm broke cuz I refuse to spend over my budget for something that would only last 2 years.

Take this :fist:

Good luck finding technology that never becomes obsolete. :P

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”