Forums

Grant Memorial Presbyterian School

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » September 11th, 2013, 7:44 pm

Seeing that Grant School in high demand, is there an early application process for children?

What is the earliest age you can apply for a child?

What documents are required when applying?

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Re: Grant Memorial Presbyterian School

Postby skylinechild » September 11th, 2013, 8:04 pm

why not call the school and find out??
OP what happen to the schools that are in your district where you live?

every year is the same thing that happens with those " high profile" schools....grant memorial pres...exchange pres

btw if you want to get your child into one of those schools best best is to pass some change under the table for the principal...i kno the former principal of a school used to hold closed door "interviews" with the parents of said children taking children as far as debe and penal- cause mommy & daddy pockets deep.

everywhere you look now you have to grease the wheel for it to turn....oh well...what do i kno

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » September 11th, 2013, 8:06 pm

Telephone

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Page semi-protected

"Phone" redirects here. For other uses, see Phone (disambiguation) and Telephone (disambiguation).

A rotary dial telephone, c.1940s.
A telephone, or phone, is a telecommunications device that permits two or more users to conduct a conversation when they are not in the same vicinity of each other to be heard directly. A telephone converts sound, typically and most efficiently the human voice, into electronic signals suitable for transmission via cables or other transmission media over long distances, and replays such signals simultaneously in audible form to its user. The word telephone has been adapted into the vocabulary of many languages. It is derived from the Greek: τῆλε, tēle, far and φωνή, phōnē, voice, together meaning distant voice.

First patented in 1876 by Alexander Graham Bell and further developed by many others, the telephone was the first device in history that enabled people to talk directly with each other across large distances. Telephones became rapidly indispensable to businesses, government, and households, and are today some of the most widely used small appliances.

The essential elements of a telephone are a microphone (transmitter) to speak into and an earphone (receiver) which reproduces the voice of the distant person. In addition, most telephones contain a ringer which produces a sound to announce an incoming telephone call, and a dial used to enter a telephone number when initiating a call to another telephone. Until approximately the 1970s most telephones used a rotary dial, which was superseded by the modern Touch-Tone push-button dial, first introduced by AT&T in 1963.[1] The receiver and transmitter are usually built into a handset which is held up to the ear and mouth during conversation. The dial may be located either on the handset, or on a base unit to which the handset is connected by a cord containing wires. The transmitter converts the sound waves to electrical signals which are sent through the telephone network to the receiving phone. The receiving telephone converts the signals into audible sound in the receiver, or sometimes a loudspeaker. Telephones are a duplex communications medium, meaning they allow the people on both ends to talk simultaneously.

A landline telephone is connected by a pair of wires to the telephone network, while a mobile phone, such as a cellular phone, is portable and communicates with the telephone network by radio transmissions. A cordless telephone has a portable handset which communicates by radio transmission with the handset base station which is connected by wire to the telephone network.

The telephone network, consisting of a worldwide net of telephone lines, fiberoptic cables, microwave transmission, cellular networks, communications satellites, and undersea telephone cables connected by switching centers, allows any telephone in the world to communicate with any other. Each telephone line has an identifying number called its telephone number. To initiate a telephone call the user enters the other telephone's number into a numeric keypad on the phone. Graphic symbols used to designate telephone service or phone-related information in print, signage, and other media include ℡ (U+2121), ☎ (U+260E), ☏ (U+260F), ✆ (U+2706), and ⌕ (U+2315).

Although originally designed for simple voice communications, most modern telephones have many additional capabilities. They may be able to record spoken messages, send and receive text messages, take and display photographs or video, play music, and surf the Internet. A current trend is phones that integrate all mobile communication and computing needs; these are called smartphones.

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » September 11th, 2013, 8:12 pm

^^^ BRUTAL... :lol:

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » September 11th, 2013, 8:44 pm

Tel: (868) 652-4023
Tel #2: (868) 653-9820

/thread

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » September 11th, 2013, 8:54 pm

meet the principal in a roadblock.... it has happened Imjussayin

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 11th, 2013, 8:56 pm

any school producing top students will end up have too much demand for places.
some of the big shot private schools in pos have entrance exams

Archlord
Street 2NR

Postby Archlord » September 11th, 2013, 8:57 pm

Apply early and make sure everything they ask for is provided.

IIRC you'd need Birth Certificate, Proof of Address, Immunization cards, PreSchool Form. There may be other things but that's all I can remember at the moment.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » September 11th, 2013, 9:01 pm

pugboy wrote:any school producing top students will end up have too much demand for places.
some of the big shot private schools in pos have entrance exams

was there the day Blackman's had their entrance exam, saw ppl lining up to have their children sit an exam to determine if they qualified to spend their money, ppl full of sheit yes

ironically..... http://www.newsday.co.tt/news/0,154753.html

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » September 11th, 2013, 9:06 pm

When I went to this school they had 1000 students and always complained about lack of space. Mustbe more students now.

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » September 11th, 2013, 9:06 pm

first time parent. just want whats best for my child.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » September 11th, 2013, 9:11 pm

kstt wrote:first time parent. just want whats best for my child.

"good" schools help, but your child can be successful regardless of the school they attend, you the parent must take a pro-active approach to their education, that includes being involved in the school, interacting with the teachers, familiarizing yourself with the curriculum esp from Std4 and providing your child with opportunities to become a well rounded individual by balancing the academia with extra-curricular activities

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 11th, 2013, 9:11 pm

some schools in pos like st monica's, you have to book when child born
if you lucky

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » September 11th, 2013, 9:13 pm

To get into primary school these little children have to go for interview. My friend lives in San Fernando and her child didn't get into any of the schools she applied to.

J453
Sweet on this forum

Postby J453 » September 11th, 2013, 9:26 pm

Start attending services at the Presbyterian Church, take your child with you. Send child to Sunday school as well. Sing hymns, read scriptures and contribute to the collection plate. Make yourself known to the pastor/elders/other prominent church members.

Yuh eenside. Good luck :D

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » September 11th, 2013, 9:47 pm

J453 wrote:Start attending services at the Presbyterian Church, take your child with you. Send child to Sunday school as well. Sing hymns, read scriptures and contribute to the collection plate. Make yourself known to the pastor/elders/other prominent church members.

Yuh eenside. Good luck :D

legit info here

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » September 11th, 2013, 9:58 pm

eliteauto wrote:

"good" schools help, but your child can be successful regardless of the school they attend, you the parent must take a pro-active approach to their education, that includes being involved in the school, interacting with the teachers, familiarizing yourself with the curriculum esp from Std4 and providing your child with opportunities to become a well rounded individual by balancing the academia with extra-curricular activities

sense, its a combination of good parenting & schooling, and the majority of top SEA performers get extra lessons anyway

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » September 12th, 2013, 12:55 am

hustla_ambition101 wrote:
eliteauto wrote:

sense, its a combination of good parenting & schooling, and the majority of top SEA performers get extra lessons anyway

yes but parents these days seem all too busy with their own life they just figure hey the best school and the best tutors and best lessons that money could buy and you good to go.
trini mentality throw ALOT of money at it and hope the issue resolves itself... :|

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » September 12th, 2013, 6:21 am

^^^True

devrat
12 pounds of Boost

Postby devrat » September 12th, 2013, 6:35 am

OP are you living in San Fernando?

DionYorker
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DionYorker » September 12th, 2013, 8:03 am

eliteauto wrote:

I agree, quality time spent with your child in his work and taking an interest has far more benefits than just sending the person to a "prestige" primary school. A sound education comes from a well rounded family and up bringing. I mean look at some of our leaders, the majority of the time is about determination and hard work not necessarily place and circumstance.

jcrew
3NE 2NR for life

Postby jcrew » September 12th, 2013, 8:21 am

Mamoo it have a number of schools In San-Fernando besides GMPS that are also good, such as TML, Vistabella Pres, Canaan Pres.

Check em out and see for yuhself

JoKeR1980
punchin NOS

Postby JoKeR1980 » September 12th, 2013, 9:22 am

alumnus checking in

devrat
12 pounds of Boost

Postby devrat » September 12th, 2013, 10:34 am

I went there when it was just Grant School....... It later became Grant Memorial

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 12th, 2013, 10:43 am

Gem_in_i wrote:To get into primary school these little children have to go for interview. My friend lives in San Fernando and her child didn't get into any of the schools she applied to.

Kids get interviews to observed how they react with other kids in class. Then the parents get interviewed aswell to see how stable the family are and what they can bring to the school. Schools these days want parents input and commitment in helping the school. Some parents have to give their time in helping with school activities.

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby toyolink » September 12th, 2013, 10:48 am

DionYorker wrote:
eliteauto wrote:

I agree, quality time spent with your child in his work and taking an interest has far more benefits than just sending the person to a "prestige" primary school. A sound education comes from a well rounded family and up bringing. I mean look at some of our leaders, the majority of the time is about determination and hard work not necessarily place and circumstance.

The desire of the OP is valid as are the perspectives of the quoted tuners.
The fact remains the demand for spaces at the specified schools is driven by the above average results achieved on a continuous basis and 'prestige' classification achieved.
Certainly,parents will shortlist possible schools for their kids based on performance,security,location,social attributes and affordability.This observation having been made,people with 'more' money and status will have best options list.
These are some simple facts of life which prevail in almost very sphere of our social and material existence.

dougla_boy
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby dougla_boy » September 12th, 2013, 10:51 am

JoKeR1980 wrote:alumnus checking in

devrat wrote:I went there when it was just Grant School....... It later became Grant Memorial

fcuk....that school is old :|

ronsin1
punchin NOS

Postby ronsin1 » September 12th, 2013, 2:27 pm

Me neva wen to dah scool nah and luk how goud I tun out

DionYorker
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DionYorker » September 12th, 2013, 2:52 pm

^^^Gay??/

nismaniac
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby nismaniac » September 12th, 2013, 4:18 pm

last year my child was in std1 and her class was in a small space under a step. If you want that for your child go brave. It not easy to get in if you not link up.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”