Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

RYO74
Riding on 13's

motorcycle riding classes here in TnT??

Postby RYO74 » March 7th, 2013, 3:48 pm

does anyone have information of any motorcycle riding classes here in TnT

Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Re: motorcycle riding classes here in TnT??

Postby Team Loco » March 7th, 2013, 3:54 pm

check directory for lakhans. supposed to be one of the best. driving and riding school

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » March 7th, 2013, 4:00 pm

I think there is one at Ato Boldon Stadium on a Saturday. I cant be more sure because I know my wife wont allow me to do it anyway :(

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » March 7th, 2013, 4:02 pm

Team Loco wrote:check directory for lakhans. supposed to be one of the best. driving and riding school

X2

contacts are: 363-9746 / 682-3379

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » March 7th, 2013, 5:02 pm

Habit7 wrote:I think there is one at Ato Boldon Stadium on a Saturday. I cant be more sure because I know my wife wont allow me to do it anyway :(

I think they moved since they started grading down for the swimming pool but their ad is still in the Newsday

STORM1234
Riding on 17's

Postby STORM1234 » March 7th, 2013, 7:48 pm

tagged!

greenlime100
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby greenlime100 » March 7th, 2013, 7:55 pm

I aint know about lakhans.... I went with persad 793-6481
Did my class 3 and class 1 with him, when I going for class 4 ..... him again lol

mitsuboi
Riding on 17's

Postby mitsuboi » March 7th, 2013, 8:38 pm

Mannie Ramjohn stadium every evening i think....lakhan is be there givin both car and motor cycle lessons

DjDaniel
Sweet on this forum

Postby DjDaniel » March 7th, 2013, 9:47 pm

^ I heard Mad Max and his crew does be practicing there late in the evening too..

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » March 7th, 2013, 10:58 pm

Opposite the gas station near Skinner Park I see people on bike driving in what seem to be in shape of an 8. Around and around :-/

Ruff
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Ruff » March 8th, 2013, 9:09 am

Steve Woods 681 7816... Highly Recommended.

greenlime100
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby greenlime100 » March 8th, 2013, 6:16 pm

Gem_in_i wrote:Opposite the gas station near Skinner Park I see people on bike driving in what seem to be in shape of an 8. Around and around :-/

Thats most likely persad.... and yeah you required to make a few figure 8 drives in the box for the driving test

DjDaniel
Sweet on this forum

Postby DjDaniel » March 8th, 2013, 9:30 pm

^ So for the driving test is just ah EIGHT in the yard?

greenlime100
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby greenlime100 » March 8th, 2013, 10:16 pm

depends on the officer.... sometimes they make you make a rounds in the car park doing hand signals.... an then they would tell you to make a few (may specify exactly how much) fig 8 in within the box.

and thats it

DjDaniel
Sweet on this forum

Postby DjDaniel » March 8th, 2013, 10:27 pm

Orrr Rite Rite, thanks for the info :)

bike2nr
Street 2NR

Postby bike2nr » January 16th, 2014, 8:46 am

Does anyone know where i can get some motorcycle lessons done on evenings in central?

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » January 16th, 2014, 10:36 am

K74T wrote:
Team Loco wrote:check directory for lakhans. supposed to be one of the best. driving and riding school

X2

contacts are: 363-9746 / 682-3379

I went with Lakhans as well, got my license on Tuesday.. Did 3 practice sessions with them and the practical was pretty easy, 4 figure 8's in the box and a lap of the compound, giving appropriate hand signals..

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » January 16th, 2014, 10:41 am

To be honest, once you are enthusiastic about riding, you can learn from any instructor. The key is for you to get used to riding the scooter and not put you foot down while doing the figure 8's.. just takes some practice and you on..

New_SPECIES
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby New_SPECIES » January 16th, 2014, 10:48 am

bike2nr wrote:Does anyone know where i can get some motorcycle lessons done on evenings in central?

You really want to ride a motorcycle here in Trinidad with all these inconsiderate jackass (in cars) driving around?
Have a death wish?
Or you want to know how it feel like to be handicap?

I've seen many and not all motorcycle accidents hit the news you know..

bike2nr
Street 2NR

Postby bike2nr » January 16th, 2014, 10:56 am

New_SPECIES I appreciate your concern and it is indeed noted. I have seen kids as young as 18 die from random accidents and i know riders as old as 50 on super sports who riding all their lives with no issues. I have considered both sides and i don't want to look back when i'm old and say "i wish i did that". One for the bucket list , I've been practicing on a friends bike with no falls or stalls yet.

3stagevtec thanks for the info, where you from? how was your experience at LO? I just applied for my learners and have ridden a couple times before , never on the public streets though.

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » January 16th, 2014, 11:09 am

As always with license office, the practical was the easy part of my day. Just to get them to do the necessary signatures and get my new permit took me till after 1pm. Finished the riding practical around 9:20am. I am from Gasparillo, did my practice at Manny Ramjohn stadium. Have zero road riding experience but i was driving for 10yrs+ now.

Most bike accidents occur due to riders taking unnecessary risks around cars. Ride smart, don't overtake like an a**, be patient when required, respect the cars around you etc and you will be safe. It all depends on the maturity of the rider..

New_SPECIES
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby New_SPECIES » January 16th, 2014, 11:20 am

bike2nr wrote:New_SPECIES I appreciate your concern and it is indeed noted. I have seen kids as young as 18 die from random accidents and i know riders as old as 50 on super sports who riding all their lives with no issues. I have considered both sides and i don't want to look back when i'm old and say "i wish i did that". One for the bucket list , I've been practicing on a friends bike with no falls or stalls yet.

Scene.. 8-)
Although for me... its one thing I'll be glad to say I didn't try.
Cause sometimes after you try it... you don't get to say after, that you did!

New_SPECIES
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby New_SPECIES » January 16th, 2014, 11:26 am

3stagevtec wrote:Most bike accidents occur due to riders taking unnecessary risks around cars. Ride smart, don't overtake like an a**, be patient when required, respect the cars around you etc and you will be safe. It all depends on the maturity of the rider..

What about when accidents are not a fault of yours but you come close to death or handicap from something that could have just been a "fender bender" with a car?

Like pot-holes, bad drives,
(slow paced) breaches of major roads/traffic lights,
animal runs out in the middle of the road unexpectedly,
stones on the highway from the endless, lawless trucks,
endless heavy rain conditions,
easy target for bandits.... etc etc..

ChristianRD
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ChristianRD » January 16th, 2014, 4:48 pm

3stagevtec wrote: Most bike accidents occur due to riders taking unnecessary risks around cars. Ride smart, don't overtake like an a**, be patient when required, respect the cars around you etc and you will be safe. It all depends on the maturity of the rider..

Rene, look @ my posts in the official idiot driver of the day thread, are those near misses I had my fault ?

The guys who playing hero and weaving in and out of cars on the road are the ones giving us a bad name, and unfortunately very few of them get into accidents.

Reality:
Cars/trucks etc. will pull on you despite having your headlights on and a loud pipe and claim they never heard or saw you.

Cars/trucks etc. will try to bumper you and try to force you off the road.

If you don't service your brakes and change your tyres on time and you fall on a slippery (water,gravel,mud) road you looked for it.

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » January 16th, 2014, 9:36 pm

New_SPECIES wrote:
3stagevtec wrote:Most bike accidents occur due to riders taking unnecessary risks around cars. Ride smart, don't overtake like an a**, be patient when required, respect the cars around you etc and you will be safe. It all depends on the maturity of the rider..

What about when accidents are not a fault of yours but you come close to death or handicap from something that could have just been a "fender bender" with a car?

my 2c..
Cars are definitely safer, no doubting that, but bikes are not that dangerous one time IMO. It takes a certain level of experience and discipline to know how to handle the nation roads and keep yourself out of trouble. I've seen my share of bad drive accidents and the majority of them could have been avoided if the 'other' driver was a bit more careful / forgiving etc to the 1st driver's antics. Yes, there are those accidents that cannot be avoided, but you would be surprised how much of them can be if people are observant enough.

I know 2 men who died in motorbike accidents. I know another 3 who had accidents and crashed. All those 5 incidents could have been avoided IF the riders were not speeding / overtaking over a blind hill, trying to pass 5 cars at once etc.. I know 2 men in their 50's who ride often and one have never had an accident. The other had a minor touch down once when he was young.

Pot holes - be more observant and ride at an appropriate speed to see them
Bad drives - always assume someone will give you one and know how to stay away from trouble, it's not that impossible
Breaches of major roads/traffic lights - again, always expect it. keep your eyes open and be observant
Animal runs out in the middle of the road unexpectedly - Stress! know how to handle a bike in such an event, hope it doesn't happen, be prepared for if it does occur. I'd suggest watching 'Twist of the Wrist -Keith Code'
Stones on the highway - Helmet
Target for bandits - Just try and catch me!! lol

Like I said, IMO, it is definitely more dangerous than a car, but a cautious and smart rider will know the road and his limits and know how to keep himself out of trouble.

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » January 16th, 2014, 9:43 pm

ChristianRD wrote:
3stagevtec wrote: Most bike accidents occur due to riders taking unnecessary risks around cars. Ride smart, don't overtake like an a**, be patient when required, respect the cars around you etc and you will be safe. It all depends on the maturity of the rider..

Rene, look @ my posts in the official idiot driver of the day thread, are those near misses I had my fault ?

The guys who playing hero and weaving in and out of cars on the road are the ones giving us a bad name, and unfortunately very few of them get into accidents.

Reality:
Cars/trucks etc. will pull on you despite having your headlights on and a loud pipe and claim they never heard or saw you.

Cars/trucks etc. will try to bumper you and try to force you off the road.

If you don't service your brakes and change your tyres on time and you fall on a slippery (water,gravel,mud) road you looked for it.

Never been in that thread.. 139 pages long! err, i'll read through another day. lol

I understand alyuh concerns though and they are plausible. I now got my riders license, we'll see how well I do..

bike2nr
Street 2NR

Postby bike2nr » February 20th, 2014, 10:40 am

Lakans was a boss! did just one class with him and passed.

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » February 21st, 2014, 6:05 am

New_SPECIES wrote:

"when somebody opens out a car door in yuh face ?' ......has to get a solid mention....
rgds

metalgear2095
12 pounds of Boost

Postby metalgear2095 » November 6th, 2015, 1:31 pm

bumppp

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » November 6th, 2015, 2:39 pm

Hey just curious, what exactly do "motorcycle lessons" entail. When I did it they just taught me to ride around in circles and figure eights on an automatic scooter. First day I take my bike to work (250cc cheapo chinee bike) I crash cuz there was just too much sh!t about riding that I wasn't aware of.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”