***The Official 2021 Formula 1 season thread***

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Victory_Specification
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: ***The Official 2013 Formula 1 season thread***

Postby Victory_Specification » March 25th, 2013, 3:06 pm

^ yeah boy. B-A-C-C-A-N-A-L.

and with Rosberg too. after the race when Brawn was congratulating him over the radio;

"thanks nico, we'll discuss this in private''
Nico "Remember this one"

wow. I love F1, even the battle between Webber and Vettel was a nail biter. would love to see where this goes.

Webber before the podium ceremony talking to vettel

2.jpg

4.jpg

Webber on the podium: "in the end Seb made his own decision and will have protection and that's the way it goes''

janfar
punchin NOS

Postby janfar » March 25th, 2013, 3:10 pm

The last time Vettel did something like this he put them both out of the race in turkey... they were in the same 1-2 position.

Last edited by janfar on March 25th, 2013, 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paparazzi
Riding on 16's

Postby paparazzi » March 25th, 2013, 3:13 pm

janfar wrote:I have a strong feeling Webber wont be taking many team orders after yesterdays ordeal.

He shouldn't. If he is in the lead and can stay in the fight then he should never move over

janfar
punchin NOS

Postby janfar » March 25th, 2013, 3:22 pm

paparazzi wrote:
janfar wrote:I have a strong feeling Webber wont be taking many team orders after yesterdays ordeal.

He shouldn't. If he is in the lead and can stay in the fight then he should never move over

In this case he didnt have a choice cuz he had already turned his engine to a more economical map to save tyres while Vettel stayed on the aggressive map.

paparazzi
Riding on 16's

***The Official 2013 Formula 1 season thread***

Postby paparazzi » March 25th, 2013, 3:59 pm

janfar wrote:
paparazzi wrote:

In this case he didnt have a choice cuz he had already turned his engine to a more economical map to save tyres while Vettel stayed on the aggressive map.

He did have a choice and he chose - he dialled back his engine and has to live with the consequences.

If vettel crashed out of second and Hamilton was on webber ass, wouldn't webber have to fight for the position?

Why shouldn't it be any different because it was the other red bull car fighting him for the position.

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » March 25th, 2013, 7:22 pm

What assness is this I am reading? The team gave orders to hold positions after the last round of pitstops. Whoever was in the lead after the last set of pitstops, that is how the cars were supposed to finish. Tyre degradation is a major issues for the Red Bulls and they wanted to protect both cars. It made no sense to leave both cars racing to the end and then none of them may finish in the lead or in the points because they used up the tyres fighting among themselves.

Do you think the team really cares which driver finishes first? The main thing for the team is the constructor's championship as that is what pays the money and gives them pit stall preference. Orders are orders. You are part of a team, you follow the orders. It is simple as that.

Vettel has proven again that he is not a team player (I am not disputing whether he is a good driver or not). But the people within the team who are behind him have more power than those who support Webber, and that is why he will get away with these sorts of things. Gilles Villeneuve had to play second fiddle in 1979 when he was told to support Jody Scheckter at Ferrari and he had a mathematical chance at the championship. The team always comes first and foremost in F1, not the drivers' whims and fancies. Everyone knows F1 is a cut throat business.

Ross Brawn showed how to control a team. He did it at Benetton, he did it at Ferrari, he did it at Brawn F1 and now he is doing it at Mercedes. Christian Horner could learn a thing or two, or three, from Ross Brawn.

turbohead
18 pounds of Boost

Postby turbohead » March 25th, 2013, 8:30 pm

i liked seeing vettel at top but he shud have left webber at pole, he would have scored sufficent points to secure first on championship but i guess he was looking at winnings streaks, man tryna break the record.

Victory_Specification
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Victory_Specification » March 25th, 2013, 11:45 pm

Rory Phoulorie wrote:Whoever was in the lead after the last set of pitstops, that is how the cars were supposed to finish. Tyre degradation is a major issues for the Red Bulls and they wanted to protect both cars. It made no sense to leave both cars racing to the end and then none of them may finish in the lead or in the points because they used up the tyres fighting among themselves.

Do you think the team really cares which driver finishes first? The main thing for the team is the constructor's championship as that is what pays the money and gives them pit stall preference. Orders are orders. You are part of a team, you follow the orders. It is simple as that.

The team always comes first and foremost in F1, not the drivers' whims and fancies. Everyone knows F1 is a cut throat business.

Ross Brawn showed how to control a team. He did it at Benetton, he did it at Ferrari, he did it at Brawn F1 and now he is doing it at Mercedes. Christian Horner could learn a thing or two, or three, from Ross Brawn.

Agreed.

This man also knows what he's talking about
http://sundayafternoonclub.blogs.topgear.com/2013/03/25/so-did-sebastian-vettel-do-the-right-thing-as-a-racing-driver/

Michael Harvey wrote:Is anyone out there shocked, like really shocked, that Sebastian Vettel did what he did yesterday? And then tried, and failed spectacularly, to cover it up? The inevitable lines about Germans not following orders aside, should any of us be truly surprised? I know I’m not.

We posted early yesterday, as the story was still developing and before some pretty darn fine journalism from the BBC team was aired at lunchtime. The story developed, and you made your opinions felt. It brought out the best in you all, so thanks for the excellent ongoing debate.

I’ve never really bought the ‘lovely young man, that Vettel’ thing. Number one, he is a triple world champion at the age of 25. You can’t do that without what we’ll charitably call ‘a certain focus’. Number two, there are two Sebs; ‘Smiley Seb’ when he’s winning, ‘Sulky Seb’ when he’s not.

Maybe there’s a third now; ‘Shifty Seb’, the one who couldn’t hold Mark Webber’s gaze when Webber called him on his wilful disobedience. As things have played out, maybe he should have just come back with a “Yeah? Wanna make something of it?” The apology and the even more ludicrous ‘accidental overtake’ line have hardly done him any less damage. He’s a gifted racing driver, one of the very few greats. Of course he’s ruthless. So was Michael Schumacher and frankly, though we have largely forgotten it, so was Ayrton Senna. Both would have done exactly the same thing.

There’s a lot of chat out there this morning around drivers versus teams, that only by nailing your colours to one mast or the other can you decide where you sit on this. I’m not so sure. Ask me to decide whether in the public’s eyes it’s about drivers or manufacturers and I’ll absolutely tell you: it’s about drivers. Winning the manufacturer’s title might allow Ferrari and McLaren to stick a little badge on the dashboards of their road cars but it means very little else to the watching audience. Especially, to these eyes at least, when Red Bull win it. It’s a brand of over-priced drink, not a car.

However if it’s teams we are talking about, then I have a different view. Vettel needs to have a little more regard for Christian Horner and Adrian Newey. What they’ve done is remarkable. While never short of cash, remember this team was the very ordinary Stewart and frankly hopeless Jaguar before it was Red Bull.

And cash alone does not secure success. Horner and Newey have achieved dominance from a very ordinary little shed in Milton Keynes, not a crystal palace in Woking or a whole campus in Maranello. Their design, engineering and management genius is what really drives that team.

Vettel owes his current success, his fame, and his wealth to these two. There are three or maybe four drivers out there who could have done what he did in an RB6, RB7 or RB8. Necessarily, you can’t include Mark Webber on that list. Indeed this weekend Bernie claimed that one of those on that list asked for help in getting a move into an RBR chassis (a claim that was denied today). Still, it seems pretty obvious who would want to VET-o that one.

So whether you feel ambivalent about Red Bull as manufacturer, you may not feel that way about Horner and Newey. That especially applies to those of you reading this in the UK.

Do those two have any right to tell their drivers in which order to finish a race? Of course they do. It gets more tricky when you ask yourself: is that right a good thing?

Imagine none of this had happened. No orders had been made public, or no radio intercepted, or Mark Webber had saved it all for the debrief. We would have been contemplating a fantastic race, complete with a moment of madness from Fernando Alonso, a moment of misty-eyed nostalgia from Lewis Hamilton and a mind-boggling battle between two identical examples of the some of the most evolved engineering on this planet.

Ignorance would have been bliss, and the best racer would have won. The fact that in many people’s eyes he’s less of man isn’t really our problem. Vettel made his choices, and he has to live with them now, off the track and (where I suspect he cares more) on it.

Victory_Specification
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Victory_Specification » March 26th, 2013, 12:08 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

janfar
punchin NOS

Postby janfar » March 26th, 2013, 4:55 am

Man hit the nail on the head...

noshownogo
punchin NOS

Postby noshownogo » March 26th, 2013, 7:27 am

That's part of the problem plaguing F1 at the moment. It's inability to disguise business before sport.

I personally cringed at last weekend's race. Was a loss for F1, as yet again it is exposed for blatant team orders.

Think back to the Renault fiasco several years ago with Flavio Briatore.

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » March 26th, 2013, 7:29 am

Formula 1 is not about the drivers at all. Ferrari proved that in 1991 when they sacked then three time world champion Alain Prost for saying the 643 handled like a truck (and it actually did).

Christian Horner and Helmut Marko don't have the balls to reprimand Vettel for his disobedience. Give Mark Webber truly equal treatment in the team and Vettel's star would not shine so bright. If you put Hamilton in a Red Bull, he would decimate Vettel. Hell, even Jules Bianchi would beat Vettel when you see what he is doing in the Marussia.

BRZ
Riding on 16's

Postby BRZ » March 26th, 2013, 7:47 am

Rory Phoulorie wrote:Formula 1 is not about the drivers at all. Ferrari proved that in 1991 when they sacked then three time world champion Alain Prost for saying the 643 handled like a truck (and it actually did).

Christian Horner and Helmut Marko don't have the balls to reprimand Vettel for his disobedience. Give Mark Webber truly equal treatment in the team and Vettel's star would not shine so bright. If you put Hamilton in a Red Bull, he would decimate Vettel. Hell, even Jules Bianchi would beat Vettel when you see what he is doing in the Marussia.

Um No sir, vettel is a better driver than Hamilton,

janfar
punchin NOS

Postby janfar » March 26th, 2013, 9:34 am

noshownogo
punchin NOS

Postby noshownogo » March 26th, 2013, 9:56 am

Two wrongs don't make a right, but Mark needs to stop being a nice guy. Go get what's his, a championship.

Mind you, doing this could spell the end of his future (1 year extensions) with RBR.

paparazzi
Riding on 16's

Postby paparazzi » March 26th, 2013, 1:58 pm

Michael Harvey wrote:Vettel made his choices, and he has to live with them now

I can't disagree with that from an on-track perspective, Vettel may very well pay the price for his steely determination. His engine has seen more pressure than Webber's now. The next race, we'll see what happens.

RP I hear what you are saying from a strategic point of view. BUT team orders suck. It's bad for the sport and competition. People come to see a RACE to the finish.

A large part of this too is media creating villains and heroes. Today's heroes will be tomorrow's villains and vice versa, that's the way it goes.

I not buying this "webber is the angel in all this" crap. I saw my boy fighting tooth and nail for position with vettel right through. He took just as much risks as Vettel. It was a dog fight and Webber lost. Plain and simple. If Webber had held him off and won, watch and see how this whole thing would have played out differently.

I look forward to the next round. It's early days and 2013 shaping up real nice.

janfar
punchin NOS

Postby janfar » March 26th, 2013, 2:48 pm

paparazzi wrote:
Michael Harvey wrote:Vettel made his choices, and he has to live with them now

I can't disagree with that from an on-track perspective, Vettel may very well pay the price for his steely determination. His engine has seen more pressure than Webber's now. The next race, we'll see what happens.

RP I hear what you are saying from a strategic point of view. BUT team orders suck. It's bad for the sport and competition. People come to see a RACE to the finish.

A large part of this too is media creating villains and heroes. Today's heroes will be tomorrow's villains and vice versa, that's the way it goes.

I not buying this "webber is the angel in all this" crap. I saw my boy fighting tooth and nail for position with vettel right through. He took just as much risks as Vettel. It was a dog fight and Webber lost. Plain and simple. If Webber had held him off and won, watch and see how this whole thing would have played out differently.
I look forward to the next round. It's early days and 2013 shaping up real nice.

Shaping up well indeed... It would have been an unfair fight if Webber stayed on the Multi 21 while Vettel was on the more performance oriented setting. Wonder if he swithced it back for the dogfight?

paparazzi
Riding on 16's

Postby paparazzi » March 26th, 2013, 3:01 pm

With the new McLaren standard ECU, pit control of the ECU is severely restricted. Drivers have control of map switching. Webber could have turned up his map any time he wanted to.

There is alot more in the mortar than the pestle.

CHINA here we come!!

janfar
punchin NOS

Postby janfar » March 26th, 2013, 3:22 pm

China will be most epic...

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » March 26th, 2013, 8:20 pm

paparazzi wrote:I not buying this "webber is the angel in all this" crap. I saw my boy fighting tooth and nail for position with vettel right through. He took just as much risks as Vettel. It was a dog fight and Webber lost. Plain and simple. If Webber had held him off and won, watch and see how this whole thing would have played out differently.

And what would have happened if Webber actually took the fight good and proper to Vettel, both cars touched and both were out of the race? What then? The team walks away with zero points and Webber is branded within the Red Bull camp as the "naughty" boy as Vettel could do no wrong in front of Marko and Horner. Look at how flowery the language that was used by Horner and Marko in describing what Vettel did.

Senna was a next non-team player. It was Prost who brought him into McLaren in 1988. But when he saw the tactics that Senna would employ just to win, that was when he said that he valued his life more than doing whatever it took to win. Senna felt God was his co-pilot and he could do no wrong (just like the many misguided God worshipping people in this world). People talk about Prost playing politics, but Senna was just as good at that. He played the politics with Honda to get the "special" engines (Honda wanted to expand their market share in South America). And look at his team mates. Other than Prost, which team mate Senna had that could be considered his equal? None, there was always a clear number two in Senna's teams. In my view, Prost was a better overall driver than Senna. When he was actually given equal equipment as Senna, he would beat Senna. You really ought to delve deeper into the behind the scenes information on the 1988 season to appreciate what really played out at McLaren.

The question that you have to ask yourself if you were running an F1 team is which is more prestigious? The constructor's championship or the driver's championship? F1 is more about the teams than the drivers and that is why the drivers are supposed to tow the line. Until you all realise that, you may be better off watching beach volleyball (which for the life of me I could not understand how that became an Olympic sport).

I used to love F1, but now WSBK and NASCAR actually garner my interests more. This season, I am following more of the back marker teams than the front runners.

Marussia FTW!!!

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » March 27th, 2013, 10:23 am

Everyone applauds Senna when he told Jackie Stewart that they are competing to win, and the moment they no longer go for that gap, they are no longer racers.

Vettel is doing what he must to win his 4th WDC. In a race with Alonso out, 7 WDC points is a butt load to give up to Webber who is going to eventually screw up the rest of the season with his track record of horrible starts.

Horner needs to sit Webber down and let him know his place as support driver in the team.

janfar
punchin NOS

Postby janfar » March 30th, 2013, 7:26 am

Sorry eh but this one crack me up...

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » March 30th, 2013, 7:50 am

enjoyed the race.....

if Vet took the risk on an aggressive map + degrading tyres....then.....his risk....his reward...same as with any driver

janfar
punchin NOS

Postby janfar » March 30th, 2013, 9:23 am

Last time he took that same risk he took Webber with him.

roadracer7
Shifting into 6th

Postby roadracer7 » March 30th, 2013, 12:58 pm

''take no Bull, Kimi''

''shut up,i know what i'm doing''

TG7788
Street 2NR

Postby TG7788 » April 4th, 2013, 7:39 am

Vettel will be demoted to the Toro Rosso Team for the Chinese GP and Ricciardo will drive the RB9.

http://www.yallaf1.com/2013/04/01/red-b ... hinese-gp/

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » April 4th, 2013, 7:49 am

We hereby believe our actions will bring to an end this Multi 21 saga that has negatively affected our team. When we managers on the pitwall want to stop drivers from racing in a grand prix they must obey our decisions. The pit wall is the command centre of a team. If drivers start ignoring pit wall instructions and race when they want, we will have real racing and we don’t want that in our sport.

Read More http://www.yallaf1.com/2013/04/01/red-b ... hinese-gp/

i laughed....this a late April fool's joke or somethn?

Editor’s Note: This piece was an April Fools parody

noshownogo
punchin NOS

Postby noshownogo » April 4th, 2013, 9:02 am

Puhlease! Vettel demoted :lol:

Short of killing Horner and setting ablaze the RBR headquarters he will not be demoted in any way, shape or form. The latter I not even sure he'd be punished :roll:

roadracer7
Shifting into 6th

Postby roadracer7 » April 4th, 2013, 11:21 pm

Bull for dinner ,followed by a flying drink.

roadracer7
Shifting into 6th

Postby roadracer7 » April 5th, 2013, 12:24 am

they're gonna put a juke box into a f1 car

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/da6pl?utm_ ... =formula-1

Bernie - Formula One Could Amplify V6 Engine Sound

Bernie Ecclestone is worried about the sound of the turbo V6 engines coming in 2014...

Bernie Ecclestone thinks there might be a way to make the new turbo V6 engines louder.

The calmer tones of F1's new-generation turbo V6 engines could be artificially enhanced, according to Bernie Ecclestone.

The F1 chief executive is worried the sport will lose some of its appeal to fans when next year's engines fail to live up to the dramatic noise of the current V8s.

The Grand Prix circuit promoters, led by Australia's Ron Walker, are also worried.

"As Bernie will attest," Walker told F1 business journalist Christian Sylt, "it (the V6) sounds like a lawnmower engine, and we will be fighting this tooth and nail."

Less publicly worried are the engine makers themselves, who see the new regulations as a welcome step into the automobile's modern era.

It is also expected that Honda could now return to F1, amid rumors Volkswagen and Toyota are also interested in the V6 rules.

But Ecclestone thinks the radical change of regulations is actually a risk for the suppliers.

"The danger is that what will happen is what always happens with the manufacturers, which is that if it doesn't work they will stop," he told Autoweek.

And another risk is that the 'lawnmower' tones of the V6s will also drive the spectators away.

"What Ron (Walker) is saying is that you have to make sure that the engines will make it to 16,000 revs," said Ecclestone.

"That was agreed and now we know they won't rev to anything like that. The fuel flow has been agreed so even if you have big tanks it still can't rev (to 16,000)."

Admitting it is not his preferred option, Ecclestone nonetheless revealed that artificially enhancing the V6 engine sound is a possibility.

"Maybe we can make them sound like the current engines," he said.

Walker added that in 2011, "(FIA president Jean) Todt told me in Australia that the next thing is they are going to have a hybrid.

"I said 'what about the noise' and he said they will put a squeak box on the back of the car. God almighty!"

....just bring back the V10....

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”