Forums

WTF - Snake!

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: WTF - Snake!

Postby bluefete » August 28th, 2020, 8:35 am

THAT is why I always watch my coconut tree with a cokey eye.

Brown stuff by the gallons / litres will be released.

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Yuh walking normal normal and this fall in front of yuh

rebound
Riding on 17's

Postby rebound » August 28th, 2020, 8:59 am

Lawd...that thing making those branches look like twigs.
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
rebound wrote:This a local pic?
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Yuh walking normal normal and this fall in front of yuh

Yup....there is a vid floating around

SMc
punchin NOS

Postby SMc » August 28th, 2020, 10:29 am

rebound wrote:This a local pic?

Yup....there is a vid floating around

post the video if you have it- cant make it out good from the picture

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » August 28th, 2020, 11:03 am

:shock: :shock: :shock:

hoss dise ting to make u crap ur pants & get weak in d knees yes ....

rebound
Riding on 17's

Postby rebound » August 28th, 2020, 12:11 pm

I just watch that pic and nearly crap meh pants.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » August 28th, 2020, 12:54 pm

had to look twice, once to see how fat the snake is, and a second look to see the extra length curl up in the branches apart from the main bulk. Dat snake is a hunter and eating bird, bat and monkey in the forest trees.

Boy if i encounter that in real life is serious fight or flight response with screaming, running, rolling and sheiting until out of range. PTSD whenever i see a tree.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » August 28th, 2020, 12:59 pm

Fight yuh say^

FLIGHT bredda FLIGHT....LOL

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » August 28th, 2020, 1:54 pm

For something as large as that snake, or say a tiger, any predator animal large enough to strangle us... the real response would be paralysed with fear so you don't feel anything as you enter the death phase. If you can recover from that phase, you would flee.

The mammalian brain just activates a primordial response to dump a lot of neurotransmitters and hormones to give a peaceful hallucinogenic feeling that heaven exists. I read that a lot of cases of a violent death, people sheit themselves because of the uncontrollable surge of these biochemicals. Plenty accounts from soldiers and prisoners who sheit themselves during a fight. Similar if it's a violent car crash victim.

rebound
Riding on 17's

Postby rebound » August 28th, 2020, 2:24 pm

They call that a "Tactical Dump".
maj. tom wrote:For something as large as that snake, or say a tiger, any predator animal large enough to strangle us... the real response would be paralysed with fear so you don't feel anything as you enter the death phase. If you can recover from that phase, you would flee.

The mammalian brain just activates a primordial response to dump a lot of neurotransmitters and hormones to give a peaceful hallucinogenic feeling that heaven exists. I read that a lot of cases of a violent death, people sheit themselves because of the uncontrollable surge of these biochemicals. Plenty accounts from soldiers and prisoners who sheit themselves during a fight. Similar if it's a violent car crash victim.

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » August 28th, 2020, 2:47 pm

Boas are thriving well,they're everywhere and all seem to be big specimens.. a few years ago it was rare to see such big boas on the fringes ,most were arm size,seems like Trinis are a bit more open minded toward snakes these days and prey is in abundance.

Big one like that frequented a tree right outside my yard in an empty lot bounding the mountain and fed on agoutis squirrels and iguanas,a few mins from POS...you could smell when he was around..

Still small compared to big anacondas though..but some impressive ones around .
Last edited by VII on August 28th, 2020, 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SMc
punchin NOS

Postby SMc » August 28th, 2020, 4:09 pm

I honestly dont get why people so scared of snakes- I cant think of anyone I know personally that has ever been killed or even wounded (without looking for it) from one yet. It would be interesting to know how many people here know anyone personally (not tany ex-cousin thing) that has deads or been wounded by a snake. Other than 88, I doubt there are many.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » August 29th, 2020, 5:54 am

SMc wrote:I honestly dont get why people so scared of snakes- I cant think of anyone I know personally that has ever been killed or even wounded (without looking for it) from one yet. It would be interesting to know how many people here know anyone personally (not tany ex-cousin thing) that has deads or been wounded by a snake. Other than 88, I doubt there are many.

Lehme carry yuh up Biche nuh...you'd hear some stories and see the scars as proof...mappaire mc

rebound
Riding on 17's

Postby rebound » August 29th, 2020, 11:11 am

Bro, there are many stories. I know of a good few cases with forestry workers.
SMc wrote:I honestly dont get why people so scared of snakes- I cant think of anyone I know personally that has ever been killed or even wounded (without looking for it) from one yet. It would be interesting to know how many people here know anyone personally (not tany ex-cousin thing) that has deads or been wounded by a snake. Other than 88, I doubt there are many.

SMc
punchin NOS

Postby SMc » August 29th, 2020, 12:20 pm

Lehme carry yuh up Biche nuh...you'd hear some stories and see the scars as proof...mappaire mc

When we going?

I get that you and the guy on the Rebound know people that have stories about snakes but that wasnt what I asked.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » August 29th, 2020, 6:06 pm

Evolutionary instinct called "innate fear." Most people have never encountered dangerous animals and insects personally, but most humans are aware of fear of them. That fear is preserved in our genetic memory. Our distant ancestors who could detect snakes and other dangerous creatures in the grasslands better were the ones who survived and passed on those genes.

Some people have innate fears and disgust of mice. Spiders. Heights. Insects. Frogs. Trypophobic disgust. Mosquitoes buzzing. The sound of someone vomiting. The smells of faeces. All these are evolutionary instincts to preserve life because of their association with disease and death. The fear of death created the formula for religions and the afterlife.

These are just autonomic responses that don't need to be learned. That is why people are afraid of snakes without ever encountering one. Fear and the autonomic response is what makes life survive.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » August 29th, 2020, 6:44 pm

i agree , unless ppl grow up near dem creatures d rest of us natural instinct is to ride out

sometimes even for a simple crazy flying cockroach u does see some kinda movements in ppl .... :lol:

rebound
Riding on 17's

Postby rebound » August 29th, 2020, 6:52 pm

True ^^^I have a cousin who would hold snakes and centipedes normal but, bring one cockroach and all hell breaks loose.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » August 29th, 2020, 8:07 pm

I had my snake encounters already and i feel like ive seen it all. I could do without that suspense yes. I dont mind the ones that are 1' etc...but yuh see when they longer than me...eh eh

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » August 29th, 2020, 8:27 pm

Came across three rat snakes in the space of a month entering my yard. All were about a foot long. That was my first, second and third time encountering snakes personally and all got the same reaction and end treatment. I living here two years and they jus showed up. I dont see any rats only frogs.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » August 29th, 2020, 8:31 pm

Is the ones yuh don't see that are the ones yuh hadda worry about. A fella that size must have been eating very well for quite a long time.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 29th, 2020, 8:53 pm

I had a fair share of dealing with bush snakes in the forest.

At night they most active, normaly the rainbow tree boa are slow and harmless. You see loads on them deep in the forest.

Matchet and tegreys are harmless but these will run you down to snap at you . They appear to be viscous , they will take one jab at you and then run.

I had strikes from these snakes before on by boots. Very scary moments.

Met two bushmasters on my parth and had to run them off. These were like 4 ft.

Hunting at night is very scary

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » August 29th, 2020, 9:20 pm

Rat snakes like mice outside by our garbage bin area,they just duck when they see you,they dont really run,you can see 4 to 10 around the drums at any given time after dark..Glencoe..

We leave snakes be,just catch and release interesting ones and take note of the species .there's a bank right opposite the garbage area that always has baby macajuels and some fat rainbow boas,the rainbows are very aggressive they hiss and strike like the real thing..

Caught many corals and false corals in the past,the false corals with the red head are really cool snakes they dont even strike and like to wrap around your hand and fingers,they'll make good pets...we just put them back and keep observing them and they always in the same spots,they're not afraid of us..

Snakes are cool.

eitech wrote:Came across three rat snakes in the space of a month entering my yard. All were about a foot long. That was my first, second and third time encountering snakes personally and all got the same reaction and end treatment. I living here two years and they jus showed up. I dont see any rats only frogs.
Last edited by VII on August 30th, 2020, 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 29th, 2020, 10:16 pm

VII wrote:Rat snakes like mice outside by our garbage bin area,they just duck when they see you,they dont really run,you can see 4 to 10 around the drums at any given time after dark..Glencoe..

We leave snake be,just catch and release interesting ones and take note of the species .there's a bank right opposite the garbage area that always has baby macajuels and some fat rainbow boas,the rainbows are very aggressive they hiss and strike like the real thing..

Caught many corals and false corals in the past,the false corals with the red head are really cool snakes they dont even strike and like to wrap around your hand and fingers,they'll make good pets...we just put them back and keep observing them and they always in the same spots,they're not afraid of us..

Snakes are cool.

eitech wrote:Came across three rat snakes in the space of a month entering my yard. All were about a foot long. That was my first, second and third time encountering snakes personally and all got the same reaction and end treatment. I living here two years and they jus showed up. I dont see any rats only frogs.

Has a glenco resident that like snakes, keeps some rubber ones around.

I know one guy that is afraid of them. He was relaxing by the pool so we put the snake on the chair.

SMc
punchin NOS

Postby SMc » August 30th, 2020, 2:55 am

Good to hear not everyone afraid snakes, we used to get one or two coming through the garden every couple weeks- now lucky if you see any so always happy when there is one about

zoom rader wrote: the rainbow tree boa are slow and harmless

I find the opposite- rainbow boas can be real arseholes when they want, and thats most of the time.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » August 30th, 2020, 5:11 am

SMc wrote:Good to hear not everyone afraid snakes, we used to get one or two coming through the garden every couple weeks- now lucky if you see any so always happy when there is one about

I find the opposite- rainbow boas can be real arseholes when they want, and thats most of the time.

They ain't no more of an arsehole than the average cascabel.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 30th, 2020, 7:08 am

SMc wrote:Good to hear not everyone afraid snakes, we used to get one or two coming through the garden every couple weeks- now lucky if you see any so always happy when there is one about

One of my good pals is a forest ranger so I kinda learned this stuff from him. He gave good tips in dealing with forest Animals.

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » August 30th, 2020, 7:40 am

Both of you guys are correct in a sense, they're a great docile snake when they're younger. Their attitude comes out when they grow up.
Snakes are fine, any constrictor i'm good around. I'll keep my distance from the venomous guys, they don't want friends either, they do their thing and i'll do mine lol.

SMc
punchin NOS

Postby SMc » August 30th, 2020, 4:20 pm

I guess everyone have thier experiences with different species as I find cascabel to be mostly docile and easy enough to handle even when they not happy big or small- regular boas ive never issues with- its just the rainbows, they have proper smallman syndrome and thier teeth so thin it hurts more taking them off when they bite than when they actually bite.

Venoumous ones- I dont play up, I just let them carry on doing what they doing and we good.

SMc
punchin NOS

Postby SMc » August 30th, 2020, 4:33 pm

This one will bite whenever, could be calm for days then chomp- fanks
20191221_133852.jpeg

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » August 30th, 2020, 4:45 pm

Yeah adult rainbows are rel aggressive and unpredictable.

A cascabel/tree boa came through a friend's roof in Glencoe too and it was rel drama,not being like us they killed it,it refused to let go itself from the rafters, was like a murder scene,blood splatter everywhere

Some people just dont accept that snakes will be snakes and hiss and strike,they take it too personal...as if the devil himself is after them lol.
Last edited by VII on August 30th, 2020, 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”