Forums

Tuner Cooking Thread.

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Tuner Cooking Thread.

Postby Rovin » August 20th, 2022, 11:26 am

man fry every part yes he eh waste none :)

looks good 8-)

if u look at d davidsbeenhere local kfc video from a few mths ago u will get an idea how they do d prep & cooking process ...

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » August 20th, 2022, 12:08 pm

https://youtu.be/w3t5Pi815Hw

Look kfc cooking process.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » August 20th, 2022, 1:29 pm

As far as i know, KFC has always used an industrial pressure cooker to fry their Original Chicken recipe. That's really their secret (and MSG), not the "11 herbs and spices" that's just a marketing thing that anyone can copy, and why their fried chicken cannot truly be replicated at home without a pressure cooker.

Look here: https://youtu.be/9ZLKj2a_OPM?t=452

This is what they're using:
https://foodservice.winstonind.com/product/collectramatic-lp46-pressure-fryer/

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » August 20th, 2022, 2:27 pm

Rovin wrote:man fry every part yes he eh waste none :)

looks good 8-)

if u look at d davidsbeenhere local kfc video from a few mths ago u will get an idea how they do d prep & cooking process ...
Fry foot is life bro

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 20th, 2022, 7:09 pm

maj. tom wrote:9 mins total cooking time. This dangerous so I won't be giving instructions. I observed from a safe distance while it was pressure hissing. It's a small pressure cooker, so 3 rounds to fry the whole chicken.

The results! This is the secret of KFC! A Pressure Cooker. Crisp outside. It was like the Original Trini recipe we have here, except slight tandoori. The MSG amount was excellent. Very moist and tender inside. So juicy. Cooked way past the safe temperature in a pressure cooker obviously, so no worries even if you see some pink near the thick bones (just like KFC).

Some details:

My breading was very minimal and very thin, I didn't not use, nor was interested in the usual egg and milk wash to make more mess, work, and add flour carbs for no reason. I wanted to use 1.75 cups flour and 0.25 cup corn starch, but I discovered there was none this morning. Next time, I'll stock it. And most of it probably came out during frying. The tandoori flavour was so good. So F*&%king Good. Practically 90% of the dry tandoori flour mix still in the zip lock bag, so it's sealed and in the freezer until next time. KFC Spicy recipe spices are rather heavy in the total flour mix actually, like 250g of the secret spice mix for 2 cups of flour. The tandoori pack was only 85g. That's why I added a little MSG and paprika, plus my chicken was already marinated before with salt. It was excellent in the end. Perfect ratios.

Got back more than 1 cup oil after filtering, tandoori favoured oil. Will use it again.

mcdonalds used to be neary half hour...
try urs longer than 9 mins and see how it goes...
watch the steam exiting the weight... if u notice the steam reducing, that means the water getting depleted from the meat, and thats when u will start to get burning.

always wanted to try the pressure cooker... now i will.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » August 20th, 2022, 8:23 pm

Frick KFC, a good homemade fried chicken done right will trump it.

Chicken seasoned the local way. Fresh green seasoning and garlic blend, marinated at least overnight. Dump the juice, keep the chicken alone. It's ok to lost most of the chunky green seasoning here.

Buttermilk time.

I didn't have buttermilk, but I did something close using lemon juice and a blend of milk and cream. Mixture needs a starter curdle. Heavy dried seasoning there. Smoked paprika, oregano, basil, thyme, chilli flakes, and pretty much whatever dried stuff floats your boat.

That has to marinate for at least 4 hours, but overnight is even better. Remove from fridge about 2-3 hours before cooking.

Dredge time

Flour dredge:
Plain wheat flour, couple tbsp of cornmeal in the mix. Season again with the same dried stuff you used in the buttermilk, plus some salt and msg. Trust me, go heavy with the smoked paprika here.

Chicken needs to get a good dredge to properly coat. Don't just dip in the flour. There's a technique to squeeze the chicken pieces as you coat in the flour to create some surface area while giving it the flour bath.

Deep fry in fresh veg oil.
Doh need anything fancy, regular soybean oil is fine. I don't have a oil temp thing, so I use medium heat. I bring it up to heat on high, test with a bamboo skewer to bubble then drop heat after the pieces go in. needs a heavy wide iron pan. Skip the thin aluminium stuff, WOFT and the oil gets too hot or too cold fast. THICK OLE IRON sheit. Golden brown is done, don't let it get too dark. it keeps cooking for a couple mins after you remove it.

Dry on a wire rack or lots of napkins. Has to stay out in the open to remain crunchy. Don't crowd the pieces. If you put hot crispy chicken in a closed container it gets soft.

Requires some prep, but don't need any fancy gear like pressure cooker. Taste is superb.

Leftovers can be reheated in a toaster oven or preheated conventional oven ~350F for about 12-15 mins to keep crunchy.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » August 20th, 2022, 8:46 pm

yeah sMASH i'll do it for 12 or 13 minutes next time. I realized later that it could have done with just a few more minutes cooking. I didn't know what times to use because this was the first time experiment with a pressure cooker and deep frying.

If you're trying this, do it at your own risk eh, that's why i didn't leave any instructions. This is super dangerous and requires adjustments at different points through the entire cooking process, which continues to cook rapidly at high pressure even when you remove the heat. It's not like pressure cooking beans in water, this is very high temperature oil and if the unit fails, it will be a life-changing medical disaster and your house can burn down. Make sure it's a silicone gasket and your cooker is modern with about 3 or 4 safety valves.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » August 20th, 2022, 10:39 pm

Lol u hadda be a madman to go tru all that for chicken

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » August 21st, 2022, 5:23 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:Lol u hadda be a madman to go tru all that for chicken
Allyuh don't know sMASH.We had this convo already.No matter the risks involved,once he sets his mind to something,he will try it.His luck has not worn out thus far.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 21st, 2022, 6:12 am

the dredging can make a huge difference, some double dredge or do diff sequence of egg dip etc

I know a mom and pop shop which makes one of the best coated fry dead and they just frying in a regular pot

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » August 21st, 2022, 8:58 am

For some reason I can never get a good same day (within a 12hrs) fry chicken with the flavour permeated throughout. Except the one time I syringe some of the seasoning juice like if I going and do surgery

I usually blend the green seasoning slightly watery and marinate the chicken. Is this wrong? Should it be more dry marinade?

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » August 21st, 2022, 9:49 am

viedcht wrote:For some reason I can never get a good same day (within a 12hrs) fry chicken with the flavour permeated throughout. Except the one time I syringe some of the seasoning juice like if I going and do surgery

I usually blend the green seasoning slightly watery and marinate the chicken. Is this wrong? Should it be more dry marinade?

Invest in a vacuum seal machine, it works well in a short time frame.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » August 21st, 2022, 10:03 am

In the chicken factory they use a machine with needles to inject the seasoning down to the bone. Which also tenderizes the meat and bulks up the mass with water which lends to the moisture of the end product. If you ever eat Spicy KFC in the future again, peel open the breast meat and you will see the paprika colour deep in the meat and how far the needle went in.
https://youtu.be/0CkfFNCYd0o?t=15

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 21st, 2022, 10:12 am

your seasoning need to be wet enough and have salt
salt is what moves into the meat
lot of them do over night soak

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » August 21st, 2022, 10:36 am

For those who can't cook, remember all you need is salt and black pepper as a start. You can gradually move up to other types of seasonings as you progress throughout your cooking lifestyle but once you have enough salt / black pepper in literally anything you is ah cook.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 21st, 2022, 11:05 am

timelapse wrote:
Phone Surgeon wrote:Lol u hadda be a madman to go tru all that for chicken
Allyuh don't know sMASH.We had this convo already.No matter the risks involved,once he sets his mind to something,he will try it.His luck has not worn out thus far.

fry chicken??? the ends justify the means, hoss.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 21st, 2022, 11:07 am

DMan7 wrote:For those who can't cook, remember all you need is salt and black pepper as a start. You can gradually move up to other types of seasonings as you progress throughout your cooking lifestyle but once you have enough salt / black pepper in literally anything you is ah cook.

do beef steaks like that. tried it with them garlic and rosemery ting u see on gordon ramsey etc, but simple salt and black pepper is ultimate. finer the black pepper the better, so is cheif black pepper, not the price mart one.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 21st, 2022, 11:09 am

viedcht wrote:For some reason I can never get a good same day (within a 12hrs) fry chicken with the flavour permeated throughout. Except the one time I syringe some of the seasoning juice like if I going and do surgery

when i doing meat, is season and freeze a big batch(parceled out into small amounts). no meat i woudl need would be WITHOUT green seasoning any ways. so my mean alwasy imbued with seasoning from marinating long before.

same day season/cook is for soup and curry.

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » August 21st, 2022, 11:16 am

sMASH wrote:
DMan7 wrote:For those who can't cook, remember all you need is salt and black pepper as a start. You can gradually move up to other types of seasonings as you progress throughout your cooking lifestyle but once you have enough salt / black pepper in literally anything you is ah cook.

do beef steaks like that. tried it with them garlic and rosemery ting u see on gordon ramsey etc, but simple salt and black pepper is ultimate. finer the black pepper the better, so is cheif black pepper, not the price mart one.

You have to be careful with the ratio of rosemary and garlic, those 2 seasonings can make or break your dish based on the amount you put. I recommend using spanish thyme as that is milder than the other 2 but yet gives the dish that 'special' flavor.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 21st, 2022, 1:03 pm

yea rosemary is strong and can have a lingering slightly bitter aroma if left in the seasoning long
its best used during the cooking, eg added to the pan with the steak

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Tuner Cooking Thread.

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » August 21st, 2022, 1:54 pm

“Everything bagel seasoning” makes everything taste better

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » August 21st, 2022, 4:35 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:“Everything bagel seasoning” makes everything taste better

YESSIR!!
where you got it?

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » August 21st, 2022, 6:49 pm

Om nomnom
20220813_183253.jpg
20220813_183244.jpg
20220813_183235.jpg
20220813_194902.jpg
20220813_183230.jpg
IMG-20220813-WA0032.jpg

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » August 21st, 2022, 7:13 pm

Dah corn boi... Umhummmmm

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » August 21st, 2022, 7:59 pm

That corn have some nice kick

Seasoned with

Salt, black pepper, fresh minced garlic, cayenne pepper, chili powder, paprika, blend seasoning.

Soaked in the bag with the seasoning for about a hour.

Then wrapped in foil with some blue band around each ear of corn and cooked in the oven for 25 mins @ 350.

Bess.

Thats the pricesmart hybrid corn so I soak it in water for about 30 mins before I start anything so it absorbs the water and swells

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » August 21st, 2022, 8:41 pm

matix wrote:

Invest in a vacuum seal machine, it works well in a short time frame.
Thanks, will try your advice matix

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » August 22nd, 2022, 2:20 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:“Everything bagel seasoning” makes everything taste better

YESSIR!!
where you got it?

Peppercorns and the Seafood place in price plaza

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » August 22nd, 2022, 6:41 am

Thyme gourmet in Monroe road has as well

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 22nd, 2022, 7:11 am

whats the deal with that seasoning ?

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » August 22nd, 2022, 8:51 am

pugboy wrote:whats the deal with that seasoning ?

It's a flavour bomb. You can make it yourself too, but the issue is getting the ratio right and likely the quality of the individual spices.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”