Forums

Tuner Cooking Thread.

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

BUG
3NE 2NR for life

Re: Tuner Cooking Thread.

Postby BUG » January 26th, 2021, 8:41 pm

Want to cook some South East Asian food but can't find the following ingredients anywhere:

Fresh Coriander or Cilantro (not culantro or chadon beni), Fish sauce, REAL sesame oil (not soybean oil flavoured with sesame), chinese black vinegar, fever grass stalks

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » January 27th, 2021, 12:42 am

Dave wrote:My wife bought me one from pricesmart a year ago. Works well. For a family of 4, there are times two batches are required for one dish but no real issue there.
Breeze to use and you can get very creative and inventive with it.

pugboy wrote:i used the regular type with pull out basket like what pricesmart sells for over a year

xmas i got a ninja combo unit with grill function and it is a winner as you can cook a steak and it get heat from top and bottom

Thanks fellas.

That combo unit sounding sweet though.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 27th, 2021, 6:10 am

a padna bought the nuwave one from hand arnold and it came with a temp probe which can shut off the unit when a thick piece of meat reaches temp so not over cooked , i think that is better

shogun wrote:
Dave wrote:My wife bought me one from pricesmart a year ago. Works well. For a family of 4, there are times two batches are required for one dish but no real issue there.
Breeze to use and you can get very creative and inventive with it.

pugboy wrote:i used the regular type with pull out basket like what pricesmart sells for over a year

xmas i got a ninja combo unit with grill function and it is a winner as you can cook a steak and it get heat from top and bottom

Thanks fellas.

That combo unit sounding sweet though.

SMc
punchin NOS

Postby SMc » January 27th, 2021, 6:43 am

BUG wrote:Want to cook some South East Asian food but can't find the following ingredients anywhere:

Fresh Coriander or Cilantro (not culantro or chadon beni), Fish sauce, REAL sesame oil (not soybean oil flavoured with sesame), chinese black vinegar, fever grass stalks

You should be able to get proper sesame oil and fish sauce in any decent chinese grocery, try Wing Sing,if you can't find the black vinegar just use rice wine vinegar. For the fresh herbs not sure but I have only seen chandon beni used on SE Asian food vs coriander.

What you making, base ingredients not far off from Gai Yang marinade but never really see sesame oil being used in SE Asian cooking so that throwing me off

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » January 27th, 2021, 8:53 am

SMc wrote:
BUG wrote:Want to cook some South East Asian food but can't find the following ingredients anywhere:

You should be able to get proper sesame oil and fish sauce in any decent chinese grocery, try Wing Sing,if you can't find the black vinegar just use rice wine vinegar. For the fresh herbs not sure but I have only seen chandon beni used on SE Asian food vs coriander.

What you making, base ingredients not far off from Gai Yang marinade but never really see sesame oil being used in SE Asian cooking so that throwing me off

The wife wanted coriander for New Years day menu but didn't get it anywhere.
Last week Massy in Trincity had a variety of herbs in little plastic containers including coriander.

Sincere's would probably be a good choice for the remainder of the ingredients.

BUG
3NE 2NR for life

Postby BUG » January 27th, 2021, 1:01 pm

SMc wrote:

Fresh Coriander or Cilantro (not culantro or chadon beni), Fish sauce, REAL sesame oil (not soybean oil flavoured with sesa8me), chinese black vinegar, fever grass stalks

Big thanks to you and dizzy, I'll look at those chinese grocers. Shame it's so hard to find fresh cilantro/coriander but I'll see if I can buy and grow those plants.

Yeh, the sesame oil is more for some Chinese dishes I want to make, everything else is for a SEA crispy salad with peanut oil dressing

rafman
Street 2NR

Postby rafman » January 27th, 2021, 1:04 pm

You'll get Cilantro from the farmers market in the Queens Park Savannah on Saturday mornings.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 27th, 2021, 1:20 pm

yeah those small farmer markets have a lot of stuff that the mainstream big farmers not doing
lot of kale, arugula etc

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » January 27th, 2021, 3:17 pm

It's damn near impossible to find baby spinach in central (local). The imported bagged stuff went from 17 to 30 in a couple years so they could HTMC

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » January 27th, 2021, 10:14 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:It's damn near impossible to find baby spinach in central (local). The imported bagged stuff went from 17 to 30 in a couple years so they could HTMC

I still buy from time to time :oops: , but i grow my own kale and lettuce.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » January 27th, 2021, 10:25 pm

De Dragon wrote:
VexXx Dogg wrote:It's damn near impossible to find baby spinach in central (local). The imported bagged stuff went from 17 to 30 in a couple years so they could HTMC

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
That spinach tho - zero bitterness, I could eat that without any dressing at all

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 28th, 2021, 5:21 am

i thought the idea is for the little sting like in real arugula and watercress

VexXx Dogg wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
That spinach tho - zero bitterness, I could eat that without any dressing at all

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » January 28th, 2021, 6:02 am

pugboy wrote:i thought the idea is for the little sting like in real arugula and watercress

VexXx Dogg wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

I don't dress any fresh salad, but I like to cook baby spinach with 1 tablespoon pure coconut oil adding egg/chicken breast/steak.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » January 28th, 2021, 8:21 am

In December for the first time I tasted dinosaur kale, when normally I have only ever eaten the regular big leaf ones you find in the market and supermarkets.

Man this kale beats back all the other green leafy vegs even baby spinach.
Subtle and delicate enough its not harsh eaten raw like the other kale is.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » January 28th, 2021, 8:59 am

pugboy wrote:i thought the idea is for the little sting like in real arugula and watercress

VexXx Dogg wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Nah, for some dishes the neutrality and mild sweetness of the raw leaves work better than those with the peppery bite.

One of my favs is baby spinach, goat or feta cheese, cherry tomato, walnuts or cashews, cranberries or blueberries and a drizzle of a homemade balsamic reduction (doh worry about them bottled balsamic dressing). Don't even need meat with that. A big bowl and you'll lick it looking for more.

I like the other blends of greens when I'm having something with a dominant flavour - maybe grilled salmon or roasted chicken - a nice homemade vinaigrette is good here :)

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » January 28th, 2021, 9:58 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:

VexXx Dogg wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Nah, for some dishes the neutrality and mild sweetness of the raw leaves work better than those with the peppery bite.

One of my favs is baby spinach, goat or feta cheese, cherry tomato, walnuts or cashews, cranberries or blueberries and a drizzle of a homemade balsamic reduction (doh worry about them bottled balsamic dressing). Don't even need meat with that. A big bowl and you'll lick it looking for more.

I like the other blends of greens when I'm having something with a dominant flavour - maybe grilled salmon or roasted chicken - a nice homemade vinaigrette is good here :)

I add boiled eggs for the protein, but yes this salad lashes :lol:
I made a giant bowl for the family and ended up eating most of it, as the taste wasn't to the liking of all :lol:

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 30th, 2021, 7:56 pm

had some food from the famous south pig place
certainly some of the worst i have ever eaten
unless all you want to eat is some stir fried onions and pepper

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » January 30th, 2021, 9:56 pm

pugboy wrote:had some food from the famous south pig place

I just watch the vids and realise it's strong marketing and inflated hype.
Eh wasting my time

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 30th, 2021, 10:00 pm

some chinese places doing the same crappy too
stir frying old cooked meat over with pepper
customer of course lacing it with ketchup

VexXx Dogg wrote:

Eh wasting my time

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 31st, 2021, 12:40 pm

redneck strimp and hairy crab gumbo

86A1B9E4-2842-4272-9C33-116210D9D510.jpeg

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » January 31st, 2021, 2:18 pm

pugboy wrote:a padna bought the nuwave one from hand arnold and it came with a temp probe which can shut off the unit when a thick piece of meat reaches temp so not over cooked , i think that is better

Just checked them out online. Nuwave Brio 4.5. Hard to find them though. Not even in stock on Amazon. But yeah, that is the unit to get.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 31st, 2021, 3:50 pm

peaked had and cheaper than hand arnold

shogun wrote:
pugboy wrote:a padna bought the nuwave one from hand arnold and it came with a temp probe which can shut off the unit when a thick piece of meat reaches temp so not over cooked , i think that is better

Just checked them out online. Nuwave Brio 4.5. Hard to find them though. Not even in stock on Amazon. But yeah, that is the unit to get.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » January 31st, 2021, 4:50 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:

Eh wasting my time
Lol so them is ah next mistah chowz then

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » February 6th, 2021, 6:20 pm

jes got home & i cooking\boiling ah pong ah tippi tambo

ah bored nuhboidanboi ..... :oops:

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » February 6th, 2021, 8:42 pm

Rovin wrote:jes got home & i cooking\boiling ah pong ah tippi tambo

ah bored nuhboidanboi ..... :oops:
I buy from a man on the link up, talk bout water tambo, I was real vex yesterday

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » February 6th, 2021, 10:16 pm

So I made an infused oil today for a chicken roast tomorrow, but basically it's a garlic confit with a fuckton of rosemary. Everything getting used in the dish tomorrow. The oil for the base of the roast and then some dry rub - and the whole garlic cloves (in skin) for bruschetta.

Gawddamn the house smells amazing.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 7th, 2021, 4:58 am

good for lamb too

VexXx Dogg wrote:So I made an infused oil today for a chicken roast tomorrow, but basically it's a garlic confit with a fuckton of rosemary. Everything getting used in the dish tomorrow. The oil for the base of the roast and then some dry rub - and the whole garlic cloves (in skin) for bruschetta.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » February 7th, 2021, 10:08 am

pugboy wrote:good for lamb too

VexXx Dogg wrote:So I made an infused oil today for a chicken roast tomorrow, but basically it's a garlic confit with a fuckton of rosemary. Everything getting used in the dish tomorrow. The oil for the base of the roast and then some dry rub - and the whole garlic cloves (in skin) for bruschetta.

Indeed!
IMG_0535.JPG

Not done yet, high heat part at
400 sorted now to finish at treefiddy to cook all the way thru and lock in the moisture.

Finished some rice and pink beans to go with this. Now gonna make some popcorn shrimp for kiddo because she doh like the smell of rosemary. She’ll learn.

Btw, universal foods have a cornflake crumb that is real vibes for casserole topping or breadcrumb sub

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » February 7th, 2021, 2:46 pm

I figured howntobcatxhbthe pot on fire.

Monster power next ontyebagebda
IMG_20210203_031308.jpeg

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » February 7th, 2021, 9:36 pm

nervewrecker wrote:I figured howntobcatxhbthe pot on fire.

Monster power next ontyebagebda
IMG_20210203_031308.jpeg
Try the same char sue mix on the grill, your mind will be blown!!

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”