TriniTuner 24-7

Official Drags@Camden 6 & 7th Oct

Postby Sinister_Audio » October 2nd, 2012, 6:21 pm

Drivers Meeting: Friday 5th @ Chaguanas Regional Indoor Sporting Arena
Test & Tune: Saturday 6th
Competition: Sunday 7th

Price to enter your car: $350
Spectator Price: $50

*apart from the actual details..... the Second Gen RX7 Driven by Peter Laquis will be running this weekend..... so will aaron's Black/Blue Full Drag R32, with the Dry tuned Evolution 4, with a couple other fun cars.....* should be good :D

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Re: Official Drags@Camden 6 & 7th Oct

Postby tr1ad » October 2nd, 2012, 6:29 pm

always the same day with either dex, rally etc eh

Dragsta
punchin NOS

Postby Dragsta » October 2nd, 2012, 7:43 pm

$50 !?!? BodowWW now dats a reasonable price...

Hot Rod
punchin NOS

Postby Hot Rod » October 2nd, 2012, 7:51 pm

would boost factory be there??
just askin eh

Sinister_Audio
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Sinister_Audio » October 2nd, 2012, 8:05 pm

Hot Rod wrote:would boost factory be there??
just askin eh

yup..... with the s14, mk3 supra, sr20 a172, and probably 2 others ;)

Sinister_Audio
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Sinister_Audio » October 2nd, 2012, 8:05 pm

just askin eh

Russellgold
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Russellgold » October 2nd, 2012, 8:52 pm

$50 buk
well we enn

EXODUS
punchin NOS

Postby EXODUS » October 2nd, 2012, 9:28 pm

i inna dat then iz pier 2 fuh finals...

Tile Expression Ltd.
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Tile Expression Ltd. » October 2nd, 2012, 10:21 pm

Sinister_Audio wrote:
just askin eh

i thought TTUNDRA decided they aint taking part in any TTASA event until further notice???

EXODUS
punchin NOS

Postby EXODUS » October 2nd, 2012, 10:35 pm

what time sunday action startin? ?

Sinister_Audio
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Sinister_Audio » October 3rd, 2012, 1:32 am

Tile Expression Ltd. wrote:
Sinister_Audio wrote:
just askin eh

i thought TTUNDRA decided they aint taking part in any TTASA event until further notice???

that could be correct... however the mentioned cars WILL be participating..... as they did in the last drag, and will continue to do so in the following meet.

geometron wrote:what time sunday action startin? ?

competition starts @ 11:00am sunday morning
i believe spectators wouldnt want to miss the action so i would say be there by 1pm

i'll be there from 10:00am :D

southside crew
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby southside crew » October 3rd, 2012, 8:23 am

Sinister_Audio wrote:
just askin eh

There are LOTS of guys * who don't care about the politics etc* and only wanna race... so they will continue to do so.. and we may never move forward..

I am not saying they are wrong.. cuz at the end of it ,money was spent and it's their right to do as they please..

Btw don't think they are TTUNDRA drivers .. most guys are with the other 2 clubs.. and some are with all 3..

My view on being in more than one club, you stand for nothing , you believe in nothing, and you deserve nothing..

actually it doesn't really matter if you with any club from what I have been hearing.. don't need to be with a club nor do you have to pay for any FIA crap.. just show up and race! ( what it supposed to really be)

EXODUS
punchin NOS

Postby EXODUS » October 3rd, 2012, 8:30 am

gonna be a rainy weekend....

JDM_GUY
Riding on 17's

Postby JDM_GUY » October 3rd, 2012, 10:27 am

Could someone tell me the brackets that I has racing? Is there a 17sec or 16 sec bracket?

Also how much to go on sat and spectate

bluestarz9
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby bluestarz9 » October 3rd, 2012, 10:33 am

ANY BLUE SUBARUS racing . bug eye

2 Towers Distribution
Sweet on this forum

Postby 2 Towers Distribution » October 3rd, 2012, 12:10 pm

battoo
Riding on 13's

Postby battoo » October 3rd, 2012, 1:54 pm

This one drag event im Not gonna miss already seeing some serious races gonna happen This weekend!

halfdef
Sweet on this forum

Postby halfdef » October 3rd, 2012, 6:25 pm

southside crew wrote:
Sinister_Audio wrote:
just askin eh

There are LOTS of guys * who don't care about the politics etc* and only wanna race... so they will continue to do so.. and we may never move forward..

I am not saying they are wrong.. cuz at the end of it ,money was spent and it's their right to do as they please..

Btw don't think they are TTUNDRA drivers .. most guys are with the other 2 clubs.. and some are with all 3..

My view on being in more than one club, you stand for nothing , you believe in nothing, and you deserve nothing..

actually it doesn't really matter if you with any club from what I have been hearing.. don't need to be with a club nor do you have to pay for any FIA crap.. just show up and race! ( what it supposed to really be)

I totally agree

jussblaze
Street 2NR

Postby jussblaze » October 3rd, 2012, 8:26 pm

What time action starting saturday

Sinister_Audio
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Sinister_Audio » October 4th, 2012, 1:08 am

saturday 'action' might be about 1 also

Sinister_Audio
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Sinister_Audio » October 4th, 2012, 1:12 am

southside crew wrote:
Sinister_Audio wrote:
just askin eh

yup...totally agree....
but hey.... the guys who REALLY put out the time & effort in building their machines did it for their personal passion for racing.... and in my honest opinion, seein how the history of motorsports in this country was running so far.... u never know when we could lose access to the airstrip....

so while i totally understand everyones point in 'taking a stand' its also really a hard decision after waiting for a track to time your car for a year, then when you have access to one, DONT go and race :? soooo till further improvement.... i'll be there taking in EVERY 9 second run from now till i die....

wmakeston

Postby wmakeston » October 4th, 2012, 9:05 am

dis car goin and cause rell problems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHaGVHva ... e=youtu.be

copper_shot
Riding on 16's

Postby copper_shot » October 4th, 2012, 9:35 am

^ yea.. he usually has problems...

especially on race day..

dohc
Riding on 13's

Postby dohc » October 4th, 2012, 10:18 am

Flyer
Attachments
284175_431818230188449_1750866931_n.jpg

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » October 4th, 2012, 3:29 pm

Only one place to run currently without police after you. End of story.
Last edited by TeamH2O on October 5th, 2012, 12:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sinister_Audio
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Sinister_Audio » October 4th, 2012, 6:10 pm

typical trini mentality as usual, but its not just about 'running cars' the place teams are at these days is WAY more advanced than that.... its about trying to better ones personal best....

like the s14.... it has made SO MANY 9 SECOND PASSES... (27 to be exact) that trying to beat that local time of 9.5 seconds is now the challenge.... even other cars STRUGGLE to make a comfortable 10 sec pass, it really is an OPPORTUNITY to IMPROVE in whatever way that we can while we have the track to use....

...and aarons R32 isnt that much of a consistent competition just yet... he needs MUCH more seat time and tons more practice.... hopefully after watching the in car vids he learnt from the first couple times... but i believe he got some better tyres and is planning to try the high boost + nitrous this weekend once everything stays together... once again... much respect to DRY for that AMAZINGLY reliable tune on the R32..... as fragile as it is, after what happened the first event, im amazed it still stayed together....

anyway....
my predictions for this weekend are:
1. Aaron: 9.7
2. Laquis: 10.8-11.6
3. Singh: 9.5-9.8
4. Kenny's MK3: 9.9-10.4

good luck to all... :D

Tile Expression Ltd.
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Tile Expression Ltd. » October 4th, 2012, 10:36 pm

laquis 10.8 - 11.6???

larddssss..lol

i think he maybe able to do better than that...i think he can make low 10's if he runs higher boost than last weeks test and tune

EXODUS
punchin NOS

Postby EXODUS » October 4th, 2012, 11:08 pm

steve kan wud make him run a 9.8

MICROTECH 7
3NE 2NR for life

Postby MICROTECH 7 » October 5th, 2012, 8:26 am

We have made three (3) unsuccessful attempts to meet with TTASA to discuss 15 matters of concern raised by our members pertaining to the hosting of drag race by TTASA.

This is our update:

1) The Motorsport General Council met this evening however, no representative from TTASA was present. As such no meaningful discussion or decision could have occurred on behalf of you our members pertain to the 15 points of concern we raised with TTASA via letter dated 27-Aug-12.

2) It is the view of the TTUNDRA Management Committee that TTASA has been dismissive of TTUNDRA (a TTASA Affiliate) and dismissive of our concerns.

3) We believe that TTASA thinks they are doing TTUNDRA (a TTASA Affiliate) a favour by meeting to discuss our concerns. It is the view of TTUNDRA Management Committee and members that TTASA, being the ASN and National Governing Body, is obligated to allow for meaningful dialogue with a view to addressing issues and concerns regarding their affiliates.

4) Stemming from the above, please note:
a) TTUNDRA will not be supporting neither participating in the upcoming drag event on 7th October 2012 as we are unaware of any of our safety and other concerns being addressed.
b) A TTUNDRA general meeting will be called next week to update you on our way forward.

Regards,
--
Pernel

Many of you often ask why we all cannot progress and have a bright future, well here is your answer.
In the budget recently three new sporting projects will be constructed in a 18 to 24 months, for Cycling, Swimming, and Tennis. Of course we all would want to hear something about Motorsport.

Update:- To date, like TTUNDRA's dis-missive and non attentive meeting TTASA has been postponing progressive talks with Government officials to resolve issues of Motorsport unity, so that a solid commitment could be communicated to FIA international who have been inquiring on updates since there last visit.

If this trend continues, don't expect to have any new developments for Motorsports' in T&T from Government in the near future, because of our lack of unity they are not obliged or pressured to give us anything as the onus is on us, bare in mind as far as Government is concern if you leave out the major racing associations from your counsel it will always be incomplete in moving forward.

I fully agree that Camden is all we have and is better that the streets but what does the future hold when this temporary venue is gone and we have another Walla Field situation. Private investors thus far seem to be apprehensive to invest millions in so much controversy that teems with secret details that still leave you ignorant of facts and no clear way forward.

This is something to really think about, TTASA cannot be serious about our betterment with this attitude towards Government and their affiliates.

Cycling just give away $34000.00 in prises to their competitors in Tobago, when will we reach this level, only when a proper facility in constructed and good sense prevails to attract high end sponsors.

Anyhow it might not matter you will have to wait for the next life after Dec 21st 2012, racing might be in the clouds.

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » October 5th, 2012, 12:20 pm

MICROTECH 7 wrote:We have made three (3) unsuccessful attempts to meet with TTASA to discuss 15 matters of concern raised by our members pertaining to the hosting of drag race by TTASA.

This is our update:

1) The Motorsport General Council met this evening however, no representative from TTASA was present. As such no meaningful discussion or decision could have occurred on behalf of you our members pertain to the 15 points of concern we raised with TTASA via letter dated 27-Aug-12.

2) It is the view of the TTUNDRA Management Committee that TTASA has been dismissive of TTUNDRA (a TTASA Affiliate) and dismissive of our concerns.

3) We believe that TTASA thinks they are doing TTUNDRA (a TTASA Affiliate) a favour by meeting to discuss our concerns. It is the view of TTUNDRA Management Committee and members that TTASA, being the ASN and National Governing Body, is obligated to allow for meaningful dialogue with a view to addressing issues and concerns regarding their affiliates.

4) Stemming from the above, please note:
a) TTUNDRA will not be supporting neither participating in the upcoming drag event on 7th October 2012 as we are unaware of any of our safety and other concerns being addressed.
b) A TTUNDRA general meeting will be called next week to update you on our way forward.

Regards,
--
Pernel

Many of you often ask why we all cannot progress and have a bright future, well here is your answer.
In the budget recently three new sporting projects will be constructed in a 18 to 24 months, for Cycling, Swimming, and Tennis. Of course we all would want to hear something about Motorsport.

Update:- To date, like TTUNDRA's dis-missive and non attentive meeting TTASA has been postponing progressive talks with Government officials to resolve issues of Motorsport unity, so that a solid commitment could be communicated to FIA international who have been inquiring on updates since there last visit.

If this trend continues, don't expect to have any new developments for Motorsports' in T&T from Government in the near future, because of our lack of unity they are not obliged or pressured to give us anything as the onus is on us, bare in mind as far as Government is concern if you leave out the major racing associations from your counsel it will always be incomplete in moving forward.

I fully agree that Camden is all we have and is better that the streets but what does the future hold when this temporary venue is gone and we have another Walla Field situation. Private investors thus far seem to be apprehensive to invest millions in so much controversy that teems with secret details that still leave you ignorant of facts and no clear way forward.

This is something to really think about, TTASA cannot be serious about our betterment with this attitude towards Government and their affiliates.

Cycling just give away $34000.00 in prises to their competitors in Tobago, when will we reach this level, only when a proper facility in constructed and good sense prevails to attract high end sponsors.

Anyhow it might not matter you will have to wait for the next life after Dec 21st 2012, racing might be in the clouds.

are you familiar with the TTASA Constitution as it related to the Motor Sport General Council ?...and who is the current Chairman of this MSGC ???....have you documented these concerns to the TTASA Management ???....all three times ???....BEFORE WASHING YOUR DIRTY LAUNDRY PUBLICLY ???
is this how a managing director 'manages' his protfolio ???...because this is how the MSGC is supposed to empirically function.
Before all & sundry start barking up my tree....chill yr pill & TALK TO ALI :idea:
8-)

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”